New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    So I should be getting a $5 reward to GNC once my profile is completed (technical difficulties so it's taking time). Any recommendations? I really liked the Bang Cotton Candy...any other good flavors? Or low calorie protein bar ideas?

I like most of the Bang flavors. The only ones I hate are cotton candy, pear guava and peach tea. Lately I've been drinking a lot of Lemon Drop, Champagne and Purple Haze.

GNC isn't really known for their protein bar selection. Vitamin Shoppe has a better variety. You could see if they have Quest Chips (sour cream was good). Or sometimes you'll be able to find things like protein popcorn or protein Mac and cheese.

Cool, thanks! I considered those chips, actually. I definitely wanna try another Bang drink.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    So I should be getting a $5 reward to GNC once my profile is completed (technical difficulties so it's taking time). Any recommendations? I really liked the Bang Cotton Candy...any other good flavors? Or low calorie protein bar ideas?

I like most of the Bang flavors. The only ones I hate are cotton candy, pear guava and peach tea. Lately I've been drinking a lot of Lemon Drop, Champagne and Purple Haze.

GNC isn't really known for their protein bar selection. Vitamin Shoppe has a better variety. You could see if they have Quest Chips (sour cream was good). Or sometimes you'll be able to find things like protein popcorn or protein Mac and cheese.

Cool, thanks! I considered those chips, actually. I definitely wanna try another Bang drink.

I really liked the Sinfit Peanut Butter cookie that I had bought at GNC a few weeks ago (the Birthday Cake was alright, but reminded me of the Muscletech variety).

SINFIT_COOKIE_PEANUT_BUTTER_FRONT_1024x1024.jpg?v=1519850395
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Making the Quest pizza for lunch today. Will try to remember & post some pictures later today or tomorrow.

I won't buy this a lot since it's $6.99 & I can get cheaper pizzas from time to time that are made in Italy at the Grocery Outlet.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

Yes, I second the quest chips (if you can find the tortilla chips I liked them way more, both nacho cheese and ranch are fantastic neither one is really better than the other) and the Icon Meals protein popcorn! My favorite protein popcorn flavor is the dark chocolate sea salt flavor, the peanut butter flavor was underwhelming in my opinion and tastes like peanut butter Cap’n Crunch cereal.
    As for Bang, maybe it depends on your taste buds because my favorite is the cotton candy and I haven’t been AS blown away by the other flavors, although some of them are good. The sour heads is really sour and some days I like it, but other days it tastes too artificial for me. The red can that’s cherry flavor is better, but still a bit artificial tasting, although I like it since it reminds me a little of jolly ranchers! Haven’t tried any more than those since I can’t tolerate that much caffeine!

I’m really counting on you all leaving reviews of that Quest pizza!!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

My favorite flavor is the Sour Candy. I haven't had the Cotton Candy.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options

I love the cotton candy bang and champagne but I got my quest tortilla chips , popcorn and spread at gnc
  • vnb_208
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

Yes, I second the quest chips (if you can find the tortilla chips I liked them way more, both nacho cheese and ranch are fantastic neither one is really better than the other) and the Icon Meals protein popcorn! My favorite protein popcorn flavor is the dark chocolate sea salt flavor, the peanut butter flavor was underwhelming in my opinion and tastes like peanut butter Cap’n Crunch cereal.
    As for Bang, maybe it depends on your taste buds because my favorite is the cotton candy and I haven’t been AS blown away by the other flavors, although some of them are good. The sour heads is really sour and some days I like it, but other days it tastes too artificial for me. The red can that’s cherry flavor is better, but still a bit artificial tasting, although I like it since it reminds me a little of jolly ranchers! Haven’t tried any more than those since I can’t tolerate that much caffeine!

Our taste buds are almost in unison I swear anytime u type something I'm right behind you lol the dark chocolate pop corn is amazing but pricey and I'm cotton candy bang fanatic
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Making the Quest pizza for lunch today. Will try to remember & post some pictures later today or tomorrow.

I won't buy this a lot since it's $6.99 & I can get cheaper pizzas from time to time that are made in Italy at the Grocery Outlet.

Are you talking about mandia pizzas? They're stonebaked and imported from italy and amazing. Sprouts just had them on sale for 4 dollars each!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    9h36jlimof3s.png
    I LOVE their protein powders so I am looking forward to trying these. Their mocha, tropical, and dark chocolate is hands down the best vegan protein I've ever had. I am a huge fan of the pumpkin protein they use instead of pea.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    9h36jlimof3s.png
    I LOVE their protein powders so I am looking forward to trying these. Their mocha, tropical, and dark chocolate is hands down the best vegan protein I've ever had. I am a huge fan of the pumpkin protein they use instead of pea.

Chocolate Chip Cranberry sounds good!
  • hgycta
    Options
    Saw these in BJ’s but there’s way too many in a box for me to buy before coming here to see if anyone has tried them yet!!!
    f1y82g7audse.jpeg

I also went to Walmart and picked up the Protein Lover’s sweet earth enlightened foods pizza, but I don’t know when I’ll have a chance to try it yet. I’m hoping it’s even better than the veggie lover’s, I want more cheese!
  • hgycta
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Reese's and Hershey's new whipped creams got reviewed by Junk Banter. I was mostly excited for the Reese's version, so this is really disappointing to read :(
    http://junkbanter.com/2018/07/18/review-x2-hersheys-whipped-cream-reeses-whipped-cream/
    wngnrd9rt6ub.png

Also leaving this here for those who might be interested, I'm passing since my freezer is overflowing with Halo Top and Enlightened pints at the moment! But the Toffee Crunch is totally something I would have gone back for.
    EDIT: Toffee is sold out, and it looks like they hiked up the prices of the Light Ice Creams to compensate for this coupon... you guys are probably better off waiting, unless you wanted to try the Mud Slide which looks somewhat normal price at least. But then again, it's a new flavor in their frozen dairy dessert lineup, not the light ice cream pint lineup, so it's *probably* not going to be worth $7 a pint!
    5hfqnpuxw87s.png
    59tkd7pnzwku.png

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,648 Member
    Options
    Reese's and Hershey's new whipped creams got reviewed by Junk Banter. I was mostly excited for the Reese's version, so this is really disappointing to read :(
    http://junkbanter.com/2018/07/18/review-x2-hersheys-whipped-cream-reeses-whipped-cream/
    wngnrd9rt6ub.png

The review just made me sad that I still can't find the Oreo Cool Whip.

Yeah, the review was disappointing but....we have to try them for ourselves! I've liked things others haven't and vice versa. Maybe we'll be surprised. :)

• Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2018
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    wngnrd9rt6ub.png

Yeah, the review was disappointing but....we have to try them for ourselves! I've liked things others haven't and vice versa. Maybe we'll be surprised. :)

I've liked things they didn't like on there or have hated things they said were fantastic. I much prefer reading the review from you guys in here because I get to see what multiple people think.
  • vnb_208
    Options
    wngnrd9rt6ub.png

I've liked things they didn't like on there or have hated things they said were fantastic. I much prefer reading the review from you guys in here because I get to see what multiple people think.
    I found the oreo cool whip at my local dollar tree but havent opened it yet
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2018
    Options
    u7vu5po7l374.jpeg
    9g5waxj45thm.jpeg
    2zasiq87cr4i.jpeg
    ka3zywscht7x.jpeg
    c1hkhdnuf8nn.jpeg
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Clif Zbars changed the formula. The calories are now 140-150 per bad (used to be 110 then changed to 120-130 now again). They are really much more chewy and moist now and I don't like it. I liked how they were drier before. and not as "doughy". When you hold them out, they flop over. The consistency is just off now. Too bad because I loved these bars before. They used to have more of a cookie like texture. :/81QDMihFvJL._SL1500_.jpg

Oh gosh, please ignore all the typos in this..... LOL. That's what I get for trying to post using speak text on my phone and now it's too late to edit.

My daughter and I love the Z bars the oatmeal and brownie are my favs

I loved for years too! The chocolate brownie and chocolate chip and s'mores were my favorite. I loved the honey graham before they discontinued it too. I wonder if you've had the new ones because I am not a fan of the new change. Just noticed the change in my new boxes I got today. I like how they used to be more like a soft baked cookie, now the texture is different.

I was going to pickup a box because they are one sale but you have me thinking twice. I could sure go for the oatmeal cookie bar with a glass of almond milk right now.

I just had a chocolate brownie and it tasted the same. Hoping it was just the melting and resolidifying in the hot weather that did something. I wrote to them to ask if they changed the formula so I'll let you know.

Sorry to keep posting about these but can you see how the consistency is different than the more “cookie/bread” they usually are? More like the regular clif bars now in mini form. Very flat and pliable. They still taste good just not as good. Just always bums me out when my favorite brands change something I love. Let me know if you try them you will know new ones since they have more calories.
  • hgycta
    Options
    wngnrd9rt6ub.png

I found the oreo cool whip at my local dollar tree but havent opened it yet

A 1/4 cup serving (4 tbsp) is 70 calories of that cool whip, and a Joy cake cone is 20 calories = best 90 calories worth of cool whip ever - you’ll think you’re having homemade ice cream! It’s so creamy and dangerous, be careful!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    wngnrd9rt6ub.png

Also leaving this here for those who might be interested, I'm passing since my freezer is overflowing with Halo Top and Enlightened pints at the moment! But the Toffee Crunch is totally something I would have gone back for.
    EDIT: Toffee is sold out, and it looks like they hiked up the prices of the Light Ice Creams to compensate for this coupon... you guys are probably better off waiting, unless you wanted to try the Mud Slide which looks somewhat normal price at least. But then again, it's a new flavor in their frozen dairy dessert lineup, not the light ice cream pint lineup, so it's *probably* not going to be worth $7 a pint!
    5hfqnpuxw87s.png
    59tkd7pnzwku.png

Giant had the pints at $4.99 the last time I was there.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My Target only had chocolate peanut butter archer farms ice cream. I had it tonight and it's awesome. It was very creamy and peanut butter swirl was salty and yummy. I also bought quest pepperoni pizza. May have it on saturday for lunch so I can share it with husband
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Still no reviews on those Quest pizzas?