New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    We do! We have a little "farm stand" up by the road in front of the house.
    @AngryViking1970
    Did you try making some lemon infused honey, will you be selling it and where in CNY is your stand?

• ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the great low carb bread company foods? They seem like slimthin foods but I am wondering if they are better or how they compare.

They have pumpernickel bagel which I really want to try and I will be traveling where they have a store. Also want to try their soft pretzels, and all muffin and square flavors (50 cal per muffin and square like slimthin). But if they aren't that good I don't want to waste my money stocking up on a bunch while I am there lol.

80an52ikzuui.png
    4ehurnt8f39m.png

I've tried their low-calorie bagels; they weren't bad, and I think their products are much like Thinslim Foods (which I purchased for years, before figuring out that something in them was giving me tummy issues). I loved the Thinslim chocolate muffins - and I think they are very similar in recipes. Hope you enjoy!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I just picked up Idaho Spuds Veggie Mash at the store the other day -- I got the ranch and the broccoli cheddar. 90 cals for the ranch one, and 100 cals for the other, but you can have three quarters of a cup! I love me some mashed potatoes, so I'm hoping this is a decent substitution. Has anyone tried?

Edit: Can't upload a pic! Grr!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Anyone a fan of candy corn flavored items?

j5wmb40hd48v.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,616 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    Anyone a fan of candy corn flavored items?

j5wmb40hd48v.png

I'm off candy corn (I just didn't like it the last time I bought some) but I was eyeing this the last time I was in Trader Joe's.
  • Ruatine
    Options
    I've never been a huge fan of candy corn (I prefer chocolate), but the review of it sounded quite good. The reviewer said the candy corn flavor was not overwhelming so that even those who aren't candy corn fans, per se, might enjoy it.
  • glassyo
    Options
    I've never been a huge fan of candy corn (I prefer chocolate), but the review of it sounded quite good. The reviewer said the candy corn flavor was not overwhelming so that even those who aren't candy corn fans, per se, might enjoy it.

Sounds familiar. What's Good at Trader Joe's? :)
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    y9ffpbnbm54m.jpeg
    Oreo cereal
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    I just picked up Idaho Spuds Veggie Mash at the store the other day -- I got the ranch and the broccoli cheddar. 90 cals for the ranch one, and 100 cals for the other, but you can have three quarters of a cup! I love me some mashed potatoes, so I'm hoping this is a decent substitution. Has anyone tried?

Edit: Can't upload a pic! Grr!

I tried the broccoli cheddar and my family I didn't like it. Kinda bland and fake tasting. Hope you fare better
  • Ruatine
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Yes! I think I found that blog through this thread. I've been keeping track of it ever since.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    y9ffpbnbm54m.jpeg
    Oreo cereal

This was my favorite as a kid i was so upset when they discountinued but im glad their back and easily became my 6yrs old favorite
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    ignl325tamd8.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    q65o28vzu0rm.jpg
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    3dr1bvn6llgp.jpeg
    This is fantastic! Super rich and creamy base with a delicious mango swirl. I’m definitely buying again and trying their other flavors!
  • glassyo
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Yes! I think I found that blog through this thread. I've been keeping track of it ever since.

Sooooo I have a Trader Joe's within like a minute walking distance from my work and....that bag is really hard to open if you don't have scissors!

So I had to poke it with my keys since I'd planned on trying some and then leaving the bag in my car.

I couldn't really taste the candy corn but it definitely tasted like caramel corn and, since I was grabbing handfuls and not weighing, I have a feeling there isn't much per serving. Which sucks because it's one of those things I won't be able sneak a small taste of and not think about the minimal calories.

THIS IS WHY I DON'T BUY CARAMEL CORN! :)