New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2019
    These look good. Like nutty bars. Those were my childhood. You were the coolest person at the lunch table if your mom always packed you nutty bars lol. 2d4qze4c1ksu.jpeg
    xp9ceay5qk95.jpeg

There is a health foods expo this weekend so I’m excited to see what new flavors and products turn up 😃

Have you ever had a Butterfinger Crisp?? Once in a while I’ll stumble across them at the Dollar Tree, they are probably the one and only thing I like even more than those Nutty Bars, you should definitely try and find them! The problem is each fun size bar is 100 calories and 6 come in a package... I don’t think I’ve ever stopped midway through, it’s been a straight line of all 6 every single time :’) I don’t regret any of it though! They’re wonderful!

I’m also pumped for these!
    I feel like lately companies have been stepping up their game with these new products!
    xjwqirz1lrkk.jpeg
    EDIT: I just looked it up and apparently each cup is about 330 calories, which isn’t bad unless they’re really small which the picture makes them look a decent size so I guess we’ll see haha
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2019
    hgycta wrote: »
    Anyone ever try this brand? Weis had it in the vegan/dairy free section

pint-cottoncandy.png

I never thought I'd see the day where a company would combine my favorite thing (cotton candy) with my least favorite thing (beets) in a dessert I eat regularly every single night... I've never felt so ambivalent in my life... please take the leap of faith for us and try it, then report back!

If it ever goes down in price I might take one for the team (it was $6.99).

SD_2732_IceCream_3D_Cash_BanFoster_big.png

I tried this the other day & couldn't put my finger on why it tasted off/funny to me. I remembered how you said you hated a lot of stuff that had pea protein in it & I looked at the ingredients & sure enough it was listed on there.

It gave me the same sick feeling that the No Cow bars did like the ice cream was grown or ran into dirt.

It still tasted better than this pint that I bought at Grocery Outlet months ago.

large_e1fa9ba1-8f1b-4fae-9840-276c08d3f7b0.jpg
  • hgycta

pint-cottoncandy.png

I never thought I'd see the day where a company would combine my favorite thing (cotton candy) with my least favorite thing (beets) in a dessert I eat regularly every single night... I've never felt so ambivalent in my life... please take the leap of faith for us and try it, then report back!

I tried this the other day & couldn't put my finger on why it tasted off/funny to me. I remembered how you said you hated a lot of stuff that had pea protein in it & I looked at the ingredients & sure enough it was listed on there.

It gave me the same sick feeling that the No Cow bars did like the ice cream was grown or ran into dirt.

It still tasted better than this pint that I bought at Grocery Outlet months ago.

Yup, that's most likely pea protein you're dealing with then! Not good stuff haha, although the new No Cow Energy Bars, in my opinion, are a lot better than their regular protein bars (it still has pea protein, but I think a lot less of it). If you're looking for a vegan ice cream personally I've been blown away with Enlightened's dairy free lineup, which has NO pea protein in it thank goodness!!! It's amazing!

As for that black sesame pint... have you had other black sesame flavored products before? I wonder if they just executed it poorly, or if you just don't like the taste of black sesame... because I have a weakness for Asian flavors of ice cream o.o Black sesame, taro, pandan, basically anything besides durian and red bean. For the longest time I couldn't stop buying the Black Sesame pints by Mr. Green Tea until I started going out to lunch more with my friends and no longer had the extra calories left at night for it! :/

@pancakerunner I got an email from Arctic Zero about their light ice cream pints now being available at Walmart! I thought Halo Top had an agreement that Walmart could not sell competing low calorie ice cream pints? Is this an exception since it doesn't have as much protein, or has that agreement expired?
    I'm shocked, but honestly looking forward to the possibility of finally finding more of their toffee crunch light ice cream which is easily my absolute favorite out of all their flavors! I can only dream of the day Halo Top releases a toffee flavored pint (or cotton candy, still waiting on that one *cough cough*)
    sb0cov76xkoi.png
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    @hgycta I know cotton candy us your thing, but I would like that too if Halo top would come out with one!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited May 2019

pint-cottoncandy.png

Yup, that's most likely pea protein you're dealing with then! Not good stuff haha, although the new No Cow Energy Bars, in my opinion, are a lot better than their regular protein bars (it still has pea protein, but I think a lot less of it). If you're looking for a vegan ice cream personally I've been blown away with Enlightened's dairy free lineup, which has NO pea protein in it thank goodness!!! It's amazing!

As for that black sesame pint... have you had other black sesame flavored products before? I wonder if they just executed it poorly, or if you just don't like the taste of black sesame... because I have a weakness for Asian flavors of ice cream o.o Black sesame, taro, pandan, basically anything besides durian and red bean. For the longest time I couldn't stop buying the Black Sesame pints by Mr. Green Tea until I started going out to lunch more with my friends and no longer had the extra calories left at night for it! :/

@pancakerunner I got an email from Arctic Zero about their light ice cream pints now being available at Walmart! I thought Halo Top had an agreement that Walmart could not sell competing low calorie ice cream pints? Is this an exception since it doesn't have as much protein, or has that agreement expired?
    I'm shocked, but honestly looking forward to the possibility of finally finding more of their toffee crunch light ice cream which is easily my absolute favorite out of all their flavors! I can only dream of the day Halo Top releases a toffee flavored pint (or cotton candy, still waiting on that one *cough cough*)
    sb0cov76xkoi.png

I'm not sure on the details of Halo Top's contract, but I do know that HT launched in Walmart in April of 2017 so wouldn't be surprised if it had a 2-year expiration! Since it is May 2019, Arctic Zero can now sell... curious if any other low-cal, high protein ice cream pints start selling in Walmart (i.e. Enlightened, Breyers, etc.)! @hgycta
  • pancakerunner
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    @hgycta I know cotton candy us your thing, but I would like that too if Halo top would come out with one!

Right? Wouldn't surprise me if Enlightened beat HT to it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    @hgycta I LOVEEE butterfinger crisps ! My second favorite candy after butterfinger. I haven’t tried them since nestle sold the brand so I wonder if they are not good anymore like the traditional bar. I hope not!

@kellyjellybellyjelly I can’t stand pea protein either. The no cow bars..... ugh I get nauseous just remembering them lol. I thought the banana foster was really boring and underwhelming.

I saw those beet ice creams at the store, they have a bunch of other flavors too but 6 per pint!

Also FINALLY got these at the Burlington by me. I was hoping for a funfetti birthday cake flavor, but it’s the more bubblegum birthday cake, which I hate. So I didn’t like that one that much. Waffle cone one is AWESOME, I agree with the previous review. I used to make my own protein ice cream fluff and it was awesome. I haven’t tried the cookie dough yet, but for some reason I think they had cookie dough before not as part of the ice cream collection and I had it lol.

r0lwajrzm4sa.jpeg

• Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    These from Aldi. They're a little higher in carbs than I typically like, but I can eat a third of the pizza for 360 calories. 3jyt95o6drhu.png

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I asked them because I thought it was a free sample where mine was and they sent for free 😂. Omg these really are AWESOME! Super sweet and delicious! p7kroc0m8vry.jpeg
    v7ptgarzue5p.jpeg
    ds2mg4pwc33b.jpeg
    a9uh61clrnl3.jpeg
    The sweet and salty was the BEST! The regular peanut butter also amazing. I ate all at once too because they were so good! The chocolate chip was also really good and had lot of chocolate chips. I wish I had more.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    @hgycta I LOVEEE butterfinger crisps ! My second favorite candy after butterfinger. I haven’t tried them since nestle sold the brand so I wonder if they are not good anymore like the traditional bar. I hope not!

@kellyjellybellyjelly I can’t stand pea protein either. The no cow bars..... ugh I get nauseous just remembering them lol. I thought the banana foster was really boring and underwhelming.

I saw those beet ice creams at the store, they have a bunch of other flavors too but 6 per pint!

Also FINALLY got these at the Burlington by me. I was hoping for a funfetti birthday cake flavor, but it’s the more bubblegum birthday cake, which I hate. So I didn’t like that one that much. Waffle cone one is AWESOME, I agree with the previous review. I used to make my own protein ice cream fluff and it was awesome. I haven’t tried the cookie dough yet, but for some reason I think they had cookie dough before not as part of the ice cream collection and I had it lol.

r0lwajrzm4sa.jpeg

How do you make fluff with these?
  • hgycta
    I asked them because I thought it was a free sample where mine was and they sent for free 😂. Omg these really are AWESOME! Super sweet and delicious! p7kroc0m8vry.jpeg
    v7ptgarzue5p.jpeg
    ds2mg4pwc33b.jpeg
    a9uh61clrnl3.jpeg
    The sweet and salty was the BEST! The regular peanut butter also amazing. I ate all at once too because they were so good! The chocolate chip was also really good and had lot of chocolate chips. I wish I had more.

That’s strange, the chocolate chip one I had was the same color as the other bars just with chocolate chips... yours is a lot darker brown! Did it taste like actual chocolate chip cookie dough? Mine simply tasted like peanut butter fudge with chocolate chips haha, that’s bizarre ours were so different!

Also, the last time I had the butterfinger crisps was like a week ago and they were just as good!!!
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member

pint-cottoncandy.png

sb0cov76xkoi.png

I'm not sure on the details of Halo Top's contract, but I do know that HT launched in Walmart in April of 2017 so wouldn't be surprised if it had a 2-year expiration! Since it is May 2019, Arctic Zero can now sell... curious if any other low-cal, high protein ice cream pints start selling in Walmart (i.e. Enlightened, Breyers, etc.)! @hgycta

I'd been buying AZ at Walmart for years, before they changed the formula (and then I switched brands). I've seen it there for at least 3 years, pretty much non-stop (though they seem to have discontinued the flavors I used to buy :)).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    ncgirl8 wrote: »

pint-cottoncandy.png

sb0cov76xkoi.png

I'd been buying AZ at Walmart for years, before they changed the formula (and then I switched brands). I've seen it there for at least 3 years, pretty much non-stop (though they seem to have discontinued the flavors I used to buy :)).

Walmart is starting to carry the Arctic Zero higher calorie ice cream. You might be thinking of their lower calorie pints that tasted like sadness & their bland original cookie dough/brownie/birthday cake.
  • pancakerunner
    ncgirl8 wrote: »

pint-cottoncandy.png

sb0cov76xkoi.png

Walmart has always carried the Arctic Zero "frozen dessert"... not technically ice cream.
  • KathyL07
    KathyL07 Posts: 27 Member
    tqx4p62ipv2f.jpeg
    These are really good. I like the mini size. They have a nice tart flavor to them. My daughter loves them too.

I LOVE Black Raspberry. I'm in Arizona. Where do you get those???
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Losingweightforgood2019 Posts: 171 Member
    Found cauli rice at the dollar tree and was super excited! For the same size bag I use to buy in a regular grocery store, it would cost me $2.50 or more!