So, I'm doing a cleanse tomorrow....don't try and stop me

Options
Nothing but clear fluids, jello and popsicles. Then a couple doses of some icky gut flush medicine. Really think it will help with my weight loss goals!!!

Well.....maybe not. I'm having a colonoscopy/endoscopy Friday morning. (Woo Hoo!) Anyone else who's been through it have any advice?

I think I'm as worried about pigging out for days after it's over as I am about the "forced elimination" part of the program.

Replies

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Use plenty of soap!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    No more than five steps from the bathroom. Have vaseline or bum cream nearby to protect that delicate flesh.
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Tape record it like Howard Stern did last Thursday.

Eww...think I'll pass on that.

Someone said to write some funny joke on my butt for the doctor to get a good laugh. Think I'm passing on that too!!
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My Mom just recently had another one done and see said that they have greatly improved the "icky gut flush medicine" from the last time she had it done. So, I guess there's THAT to look forward to ;)

Good luck!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hoo, boy. All I recall is the elimination part of the program. Unforgettable. I wasn't any more hungry afterwards. Really.
  • bella460
    Options
    Proud of you for getting your Colonoscopy! So many people do not realize that at Age 50 they should get this Preventative Colon Cancer Screening! Proud of you!!! make sure to start your prep at the time recommended. lol you will need it!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I haven't done that one (just the upper version) but I do have a lot of medical tests so I'll tell you my policy for eating. I let myself eat whatever for one day. If it's something like an EMG where I'm not nauseous or unconscious (just doing my impression of a human pin cushion) I eat whatever I want the day of the procedure. If it's something that requires anesthesia then I usually let myself have the next day. But I don't let myself use it as an excuse to eat whatever after that one day is up.

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I remember getting laughing gas and apologizing to the doctor and nurses profusely for having to see my butt
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Have vaseline or bum cream nearby to protect that delicate flesh.

Boudreauxs_Butt_Paste.jpg
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Pat, don't wipe. Moist flushable wipes are your friend.

I just had to do a day of clear liquid diet followed by a bowel prep as I had a part of my colon removed Friday.
  • PrizePopple
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What prep are you doing? Miralax and Gatorade, MoviPrep..?
  • kbeloved
    kbeloved Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If you're going to do it, do it right with juicing. All fruits and veggies. Flush your body and at the same time provide it the various nutrients your body needs. FRUITS AND VEGGIES, JUICE THEM.
  • pplastics
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Hoo, boy. All I recall is the elimination part of the program. Unforgettable. I wasn't any more hungry afterwards. Really.

Thanks for the reassurance on not being so hungry. It's silly that I'm worried about it, but I've been working hard for a long time to lose the weight. I'm 3 pounds away from my goal. Figure I might see the goal artificially with the "cleanse".
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    kbeloved wrote: »
    If you're going to do it, do it right with juicing. All fruits and veggies. Flush your body and at the same time provide it the various nutrients your body needs. FRUITS AND VEGGIES, JUICE THEM.

Do you read? :huh:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Yes on the patting your bum. Don't trust any farts.

Also, I remember everyone farting in the recovery room. It was awesome.

Good luck!

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    kbeloved wrote: »

Nope.

CLEAR liquids only. Veg juice is not on the menu.

The op is joking about a "cleanse." It's prep for a medical procedure, not a silly fad diet.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    The suggestion to protect the sensitive skin of that area is spot on. Put it on BEFORE you begin the process, it will help a LOT. Also, it sounds funny, but if you can spritz water on your sensitive area after each "go", it will help because then you only have to *dab* instead of *wipe*.
    I've always been under anesthesia and no, I didn't go crazy for food the next few days. You're not going to want to have to use that area much for a day or two.
    Good luck :smile:
  • pplastics
    Options
    Pat, don't wipe. Moist flushable wipes are your friend.

I just had to do a day of clear liquid diet followed by a bowel prep as I had a part of my colon removed Friday.

Preponix? Something like that. Supposed to be an easier flusher from what I've read. So sorry about losing part of your colon. Hope you are recovering well.