So, I'm doing a cleanse tomorrow....don't try and stop me

Replies

• qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 220 Member
    I am 30 years old and I have IBS and I'm prone to colon polyps. So every 5 years I have to have a colonoscopy. I drink warm clear broth when I get hungry. It seems to take the edge off.

The first time I couldn't keep the prep down so they had me take laxatives and drink a TON of water. Luckily, it worked.
  • jmoorman83
    jmoorman83 Posts: 17 Member
    The refillable ketchup/mustard bottles you buy at Walmart (picnic stuff) make awesome peri washers :blush:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Um, you guys are making being old scary. Aren't these things regularly scheduled when you're older?

Who is old?

Haha, just looked at your profile and you're older than I am!

I am! This is coming!
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Aemely wrote: »
    DeWoSa wrote: »
    This thread is so full of butthurt.

Winner!

I'm actually a bit afraid of having a colonoscopy. Every time in the past that I've had to take a laxative, I've fainted or nearly fainted when the laxative kicks in. I get super woosy and the entire world just collapses in and I get super sweaty and then faint.

Anyone else have this experience?

Or, I could ask my doctor.

Vasovagal reaction? They mentioned some folks have that in the BS article.

OHC -- those are my symptoms nearly exactly. Thank you for that link and I will be sure to discuss this with my doctor.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member

Winner!

I'm actually a bit afraid of having a colonoscopy. Every time in the past that I've had to take a laxative, I've fainted or nearly fainted when the laxative kicks in. I get super woosy and the entire world just collapses in and I get super sweaty and then faint.

OHC -- those are my symptoms nearly exactly. Thank you for that link and I will be sure to discuss this with my doctor.

Vasovagal is the medical term for a faint isn't it?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Been there done that. blech. When doing the "prep" I added crystal light lemonade. It helped the "medicine go down". By about 1/3 of the way through the bottle I just gave up and stayed in the loo.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    0088941100017_500X500.jpg
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    I did a "cleanse" this weekend. Lost 6.5 lbs in two days.

However, it involved vomiting so hard it came out my nose (twice) and having burning acid squirt violently from my *kitten* for two FULL days (let's just say there was blood despite patting and wipes). There were only five said episodes on day three and the reprieve was enough to make me want to drop to my knees screaming "Hallelujah!"

TL;DR Gastroenteritis is NOT recommended.

TEE

EM

EYE
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,754 Member
    I did a "cleanse" this weekend. Lost 6.5 lbs in two days.

However, it involved vomiting so hard it came out my nose (twice) and having burning acid squirt violently from my *kitten* for two FULL days (let's just say there was blood despite patting and wipes). There were only five said episodes on day three and the reprieve was enough to make me want to drop to my knees screaming "Hallelujah!"

TL;DR Gastroenteritis is NOT recommended.

TEE

EM

EYE

Yes, yes it is. Sharing my misery let's me laugh at it though.

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Winner!

Vasovagal is the medical term for a faint isn't it?

Not exactly. You can faint without a vasovagal reaction. A vasovagal reaction is simply an irritation or stimulation of the vagus nerve which can cause a host of symptoms, including syncope (the medical term for fainting).
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Thanks elphie :smile:

I am wondering if the OP has a tablet and we are going to get a running ('scuse the pun) commentary

I do hope not
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    jmoorman83 wrote: »
    The refillable ketchup/mustard bottles you buy at Walmart (picnic stuff) make awesome peri washers :blush:

Note to self. Remember this in three years.

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    OP, update time!!! Pre and post weigh in please.

Or are you to busy pooping?

No excuse for not updating, even when pooping. Who doesn't take their phone when they poop?
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    edited January 2015
    Make sure you wash the bottles out properly first. :'(

• pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member

I am wondering if the OP has a tablet and we are going to get a running ('scuse the pun) commentary

I do hope not

No internet at home, only here at work, so I will not be typing while eliminating!!

• pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Thanks to everyone so much for the advice, and especially for the laughs!! No food day is going pretty well. About an hour away from toilet blast off....

Thanks again!!!!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,159 Member
    pplastics wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone so much for the advice, and especially for the laughs!! No food day is going pretty well. About an hour away from toilet blast off....

Thanks again!!!!

Keep us posted, I'm very vested in this thread.

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member

I do hope not

No problem :).

Interesting fact: vasovagal reactions are the reason we find many cardiac arrest patients on the toilet. Straining can trigger the response.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    OMG don't you know those don't do anything???? *eyeroll*

j/k. Good luck with everything!
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    LizN63 wrote: »
    Make sure you wash the bottles out properly first. :'(

And clearly mark them.