So, I'm doing a cleanse tomorrow....don't try and stop me

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Wow, you are getting off pretty easy for a colonoscopy if you get jello and popsickles. Everyone I know only got some type of clear liquid with a LOT more than a couple of doses of gut flush medicine.

**it's weird how many people respond to subject lines only and never read the OP.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    kbeloved wrote: »
    If you're going to do it, do it right with juicing. All fruits and veggies. Flush your body and at the same time provide it the various nutrients your body needs. FRUITS AND VEGGIES, JUICE THEM.

This is AMAZING.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    pplastics wrote: »
    Pat, don't wipe. Moist flushable wipes are your friend.

I just had to do a day of clear liquid diet followed by a bowel prep as I had a part of my colon removed Friday.

Preponix? Something like that. Supposed to be an easier flusher from what I've read. So sorry about losing part of your colon. Hope you are recovering well.

Haven't used that one, so not sure how it is. Taste and viscosity is a huge factor, because MoviPrep is foul beyond words. And I'm doing well, the surgery was to prevent complications from diverticulitis.

Good luck with your scope. My GI said the meds they push are like a six pack and two martinis. :laugh: After my scope I went to Whole Foods and had a light lunch with no issues. :)
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    If you're going to do it, do it right with juicing. All fruits and veggies. Flush your body and at the same time provide it the various nutrients your body needs. FRUITS AND VEGGIES, JUICE THEM.
    Try reading the OP post before replying?

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    PRMinx wrote: »

This is AMAZING.

IKR?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Good luck

I'm loving the use of the phrase "sensitive area" over *kitten* ... Dunno why but that tickles me :grinning:

• pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Yes on the patting your bum. Don't trust any farts.

Also, I remember everyone farting in the recovery room. It was awesome.

Good luck!

Thanks for the laugh! And I will probably laugh every time I feel a fart coming on for the rest of my life! That is too funny...cause it will be true!!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    PRMinx wrote: »

This is AMAZING.

IKR?

There had to be one.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    You want this.

Often used after childbirth, but I've also used them a couple times during severe bouts of GI distress and it's a lifesaver. Rinse with the bottle, pat dry, apply cream. (Between the butt cream and the cleansing bottles, having kids was the best preparation for food poisoning I could think of, haha.)

Side note: Though, OP, you don't have time to order them from Amazon, this line in the description gave me a giggle: "These eight-ounce perineal cleansing bottles are perfect for cleaning surfaces after children have been enjoying messy art projects, or for cleaning yourself." If children are doing art projects on your perineum...you're doing it very, very wrong.
  • credle071207
    credle071207 Posts: 37 Member
    Keep plenty of reading material in the bathroom!!! Been there, done that, got the T-shirt!
  • Sued0nim
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Good luck

I'm loving the use of the phrase "sensitive area" over *kitten* ... Dunno why but that tickles me :grinning:

A.n.u.s. is not a swear word
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member

Do you read? :huh:

THIS! ;)
  • credle071207
    credle071207 Posts: 37 Member
    Just for laughs! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU9xz2FpQc0 George Brett was hilarious!
  • PrizePopple
    Good luck

We need to make words up. A nus. Annus. Anuss. Or just say *kitten*. :wink:
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I will third or fourth the recommendation for wipes, butt cream, and vaseline (I used that on the wipes). I also didn't feel extra hungry afterwards, and was oddly not hungry at all the day of all liquids.

Don't be embarrassed by post-procedure farts, everyone does it.

Congratulations for getting one done! It's not normally something people are in a rush to get.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
  • Sued0nim
    Good luck

We need to make words up. A nus. Annus. Anuss. Or just say *kitten*. :wink:

You see I could easily call someone a *kitten* ...but an anu$? It just doesn't have the satisfactory insult quotient does it?
  • PrizePopple
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Jello and Popsicles I could do. If they made me do Gatorade and apple juice then I'd probably strangle someone.

Poop.

8.3 oz bottle of Miralax mixed into 64oz of Gatorade. Let's just say I'm not drinking Gatorade for awhile.

It's not poop. You're peeing out your butt. No way around that.
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I will third or fourth the recommendation for wipes, butt cream, and vaseline (I used that on the wipes). I also didn't feel extra hungry afterwards, and was oddly not hungry at all the day of all liquids.

Don't be embarrassed by post-procedure farts, everyone does it.

Congratulations for getting one done! It's not normally something people are in a rush to get.

My brother had cancerous polyps removed at age 50, so I became eligible early (age 44) to get one. I don't understand why anyone would want to wait....why risk being able to cure it by waiting?