Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Too tired to post today. My ex decided at 1:43 AM that would be a good idea to start texting me drunken garbage.

ugh that sucks, sorry lady :( Hope your day gets better

Thanks chickie!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I haven't really responded to any posts today because I've been really depressed and spent my entire day in bed, only getting up to pray and then going right back. My app wouldn't let me access the forums either, so I couldn't even catch up until I dragged my sorry carcass out of that bed (with coaxing from the ever-supportive Mr. Susie, who bribed me with a trip to the supermarket. I *really* love the supermarket.)

Anyhow, my thoughts are with all who are going through bad times, and big YAY to those who are having great times, and a big "HAVE A SUPER GREAT TIME" to all who are going on vacation. Patricia, that Fitbit looks awesome! My husband considered all of your posts and asked me if I want him to really buy it now; after some thought, I told him not to, because the earning of the Fitbit by my birthday has given me some motivation and drive to "earn" it, and I don't want to lose that so soon, since I've been struggling SO MUCH lately. A few posts that stuck out in my mind today:

@kelly_c_77 Sorry that you couldn't resist the grocery store munchies. Tomorrow is another day, don't lose hope!
    @Italian_Buju You're really having a terrible run of luck. So sorry about the bike and everything else that's going on right now.
    @nonoelmo Too bad about the sword, and I hope you feel better soon; but a big YAY about the loan. :)
    @FroggyBug Glad to see you checking in, and it stinks that your relationship isn't working out. I hope you feel better by your birthday so you can celebrate. :) I agree that life seems to have gone downhill since February for a lot of people... Not a very good year for me, either. As for your question about soreness--my legs aren't sore at all. Weirdly, I never seem to get DOMS in my legs, ever, no matter what I've done to them. Walking, exercise bike, 30DS, five million stairs... They never seem to get any worse than just a little stiff. A blessing, I think.

To all who have spoken of assault, it horrifies me that it seems to be so common and so few speak of it. Glad that many of you have gotten the help you needed and didn't let it rule your lives. I admit that I'm still terrified to death of strange men due to my own experience, and I can't stand to let any male (except my husband) stand behind me, no matter how far away he's standing.

The transformation pictures were amazing. Great job to both of you who shared them, and AWESOME on the three years of logging, Ceci (can't remember your exact username. Oops.)

@Glinda1971 Super great job on your steps; you can totally hit the 25k mark. :)

... I know this post is super long, but to update everyone on my progress today: Despite being horribly depressed, after being dragged out of my bed I went grocery shopping, did some food prep, cleaned up the kitchen, and did my exercise. I came nowhere near my calorie goal, because eating felt like a chore today--I helped it out with a bit of ice cream, but I admit that the oatmeal I logged in there is totally a lie. That's just the next day's pre-fast meal. Didn't do any stairs today; but hey, I got out of bed, right?

I am hoping you're feeling better today.

I think it's wonderful that you set up a goal to earn your Fitbit, because that will make it all the more special.

I agree! My husband "set it up", actually; it was his idea since he knew I wanted a Fitbit, and I think it was a great idea. :) The struggling that I've been going through over the past several months are just... Gone. Completely not there. It's weird not to feel like I need to eat everything all the time now... It's quite awesome! I've even gotten into a routine on my exercise bike; I've done 30-65 minutes every single day for going on two weeks now. I wouldn't say I'm fired up or motivated, it just feels like I've fallen back into my previous healthier habits somehow.

I am feeling somewhat better today. I wouldn't say I'm 100%, but I've gotten up and done some cleaning, laundry, food prep, etc. ever since I woke up; today has been quite busy, and keeping busy is much better for my sanity than staying in bed all day will ever be. :)

Hope everyone else is also having a good day!

My goals for today, as set when I woke up, are:
    - Food prep (Done already!)
    - Housework (Also done!)
    - Climb a few flights of stairs
    - Walk to the nearby Panda grocery store for the things we couldn't find yesterday (Yay steps! Yay walk! ;))
    - Do 45-60 minutes of exercise
    - Try to eat to my goal today, including the calories I missed out on yesterday.

It's great to hear that you're falling back into healthier habits with food & exercise. That's what happened to me too more or less especially with food. I now try to eat a few servings of fruit/vegetables a day, keep my protein higher, & fiber. I've been trying to meal prep a little bit & precooking pasta & rice to take for lunch/dinner.

I think the one thing I struggle with is making sure I calculate everything correctly & that's why I delete my food diaries after the day is over so I can't go back & recheck.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju, I'm so sorry for all of your struggles. Weight loss is tough for everyone...so taking medication(s) that cause a gain is definitely not going to make it any easier. That's tough! Have you gone to or considered therapy for your OCD? The way your Dr. described it makes it much easier to understand. Most people think being a germophobe and needing things clean means you're OCD...nope. Again, sorry! Sleep is so important to weight loss and just general well being (I struggle with sleep too) so it stinks that you can't get that part taken care of. I know for me, like today, I make very poor food choices when I'm low on sleep. I know you have a ton of other stuff keeping you busy...but is there any way to squeeze in a little time for food prep/using your scale? Like, dedicate one of your days off to just prepping a crap-ton of food for the week? I really don't know...just grabbing at straws(that's an expression, right?).
    Good luck with your upcoming appointment...hopefully things can start looking up by then (no more bikes being stolen, problems with your SO, etc..) and you can show your Dr. that you have made some progress! Hang in there. We're all here...even just to listen when you need to vent. <3

Sorry that I'm horrible with advice and using my words. :(

I was thinking the same thing. There was that girl who posted about all the food prep she does back at the beginning like weighing our her cereal and stuff for the week. If I had the space I would completely do this.
    Also I think words are needed with the SO about the food portions. He needs to understand you can't eat that much. If that's not a possibility (it took mine a significant amount of time to understand this) I know it is a waste of food and money, but throw or give it away. Or just be like "Phew I can't eat anymore, you have it" After you have eaten the correct portion size.

and also this
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju I wish I had a magic wand. Take baby steps and we will cheer you on.

I do not always eat everything he gives me, or I would be about 600lbs by now I am sure! But it is a lot easier to overeat when you have a giant mountain of food in front of you. He cooks big in general too, I am always bitching at him about wasting rice because he will make rice for what looks like 40 people for four of us :|

I recently told him I needed to start weighing my food to have better blood sugar control because it will help me know exactly how much insulin to take. He seemed to buy that, but now I just have to get on the ball and weigh the food!

*I can't tell him it is for weigh control or even that the DR asked me to lose a bit of weight because then I will get a lecture on how North Americans think being fat is a crime and how terrible it is and on and on and on.....I have literally doubled in size in the years we have been together and he always just tells me it is fine.....and for the record, he is of normal size....now that we are a bit older he has a bit of a belly, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I have the same issue with a SO who overfeeds. I finally managed to convince him to back off on portion size because I was having problems with reflux at night. Interestingly enough, HE has way worse reflux than I do and is well aware that eating in the evening is a major contributor to that but continued to shovel out massive meals at supper time. I'd estimate that we normally eat about 3 or 4 normal portions each at supper, followed by some serious evening snacking.

He's been so good about accommodating my meatless diet that I really hated to criticize his cooking efforts. And he's aware that I struggle to get enough protein, so it seemed like "more protein" got translated into "more food" in his mind.

But the massive heavy meals have occasionally been affecting my sleep, which was already a big problem (thanks, menopause) so I managed to convince him to lighten up and cut back on the food.

Ironically, he's the one who is always talking about losing weight, he wants to drop about 30 lbs... he does carry some excess weight on his belly, which can't be good for his longstanding back problems. So our new lighter eating scheme should help him with that.

I'm recomping and really need more protein to help with muscle growth. I'm not vegetarian, but I'm really picky about animal treatment so the meat I buy is crazy expensive and tends to be used as a flavoring agent rather than a central component in my cooking (i.e 4 oz in a stirfry that makes four portions). I'm usually around 60g of protein (24 of which is a protein shake). What's your best veggie protein advice?
    So...mini update on me.

We're inching closer to adopting a dog. They're calling my references now and if all goes ok, then mid July they will be bringing her up for a meet n greet with my kids/us. I'm very happy about this, DH is on board but still a bit of a Negative Nancy about it. He did admit that he was being unfair to me about it. Everyone here knows I will be doing 95% of the work for the dog. If I'm ok with it then it's not an issue.

I also had another woosh yesterday, so now I'm 6.4 lb from goal (Tubbs, I'm comin for ya! ;) ) This is my pattern though- huge wooshes for like 10 days, stuck for 10 days, gain a bit for 10 days, repeat. Overall I'm still losing at a decent clip, so I'll take it.

Bought some pants online and a new blazer for work. I went from a 14 in blazers (I have a giant chest) to a 10, and from 12 in work pants to a 6/8 depending on style. Hoping to end up back in a 4/6 for pants, because I have a bunch in my closet from back in the day *cough*4yearsago*cough* that I'd love to wear.

Another dental appointment tonight for 3 fillings (*grrrr*). I have to take half a Xanax before I go bc I get panicky. I've had so much work done and the anesthetic ALWAYS wears off halfway through, so every time I go in it's painful. The dentist last time said he gave me enough for a 300 lb man and couldn't give me any more. It lasted 60 mins then wore off :(

So awesome on the doggie front! Good luck with the dentist.
    Hi everyone. I haven't really responded to any posts today because I've been really depressed and spent my entire day in bed, only getting up to pray and then going right back. My app wouldn't let me access the forums either, so I couldn't even catch up until I dragged my sorry carcass out of that bed (with coaxing from the ever-supportive Mr. Susie, who bribed me with a trip to the supermarket. I *really* love the supermarket.)

Anyhow, my thoughts are with all who are going through bad times, and big YAY to those who are having great times, and a big "HAVE A SUPER GREAT TIME" to all who are going on vacation. Patricia, that Fitbit looks awesome! My husband considered all of your posts and asked me if I want him to really buy it now; after some thought, I told him not to, because the earning of the Fitbit by my birthday has given me some motivation and drive to "earn" it, and I don't want to lose that so soon, since I've been struggling SO MUCH lately. A few posts that stuck out in my mind today:

@kelly_c_77 Sorry that you couldn't resist the grocery store munchies. Tomorrow is another day, don't lose hope!
    @Italian_Buju You're really having a terrible run of luck. So sorry about the bike and everything else that's going on right now.
    @nonoelmo Too bad about the sword, and I hope you feel better soon; but a big YAY about the loan. :)
    @FroggyBug Glad to see you checking in, and it stinks that your relationship isn't working out. I hope you feel better by your birthday so you can celebrate. :) I agree that life seems to have gone downhill since February for a lot of people... Not a very good year for me, either. As for your question about soreness--my legs aren't sore at all. Weirdly, I never seem to get DOMS in my legs, ever, no matter what I've done to them. Walking, exercise bike, 30DS, five million stairs... They never seem to get any worse than just a little stiff. A blessing, I think.

To all who have spoken of assault, it horrifies me that it seems to be so common and so few speak of it. Glad that many of you have gotten the help you needed and didn't let it rule your lives. I admit that I'm still terrified to death of strange men due to my own experience, and I can't stand to let any male (except my husband) stand behind me, no matter how far away he's standing.

The transformation pictures were amazing. Great job to both of you who shared them, and AWESOME on the three years of logging, Ceci (can't remember your exact username. Oops.)

@Glinda1971 Super great job on your steps; you can totally hit the 25k mark. :)

... I know this post is super long, but to update everyone on my progress today: Despite being horribly depressed, after being dragged out of my bed I went grocery shopping, did some food prep, cleaned up the kitchen, and did my exercise. I came nowhere near my calorie goal, because eating felt like a chore today--I helped it out with a bit of ice cream, but I admit that the oatmeal I logged in there is totally a lie. That's just the next day's pre-fast meal. Didn't do any stairs today; but hey, I got out of bed, right?

I am hoping you're feeling better today.

I think it's wonderful that you set up a goal to earn your Fitbit, because that will make it all the more special.

I agree! My husband "set it up", actually; it was his idea since he knew I wanted a Fitbit, and I think it was a great idea. :) The struggling that I've been going through over the past several months are just... Gone. Completely not there. It's weird not to feel like I need to eat everything all the time now... It's quite awesome! I've even gotten into a routine on my exercise bike; I've done 30-65 minutes every single day for going on two weeks now. I wouldn't say I'm fired up or motivated, it just feels like I've fallen back into my previous healthier habits somehow.

I am feeling somewhat better today. I wouldn't say I'm 100%, but I've gotten up and done some cleaning, laundry, food prep, etc. ever since I woke up; today has been quite busy, and keeping busy is much better for my sanity than staying in bed all day will ever be. :)

Hope everyone else is also having a good day!

My goals for today, as set when I woke up, are:
    - Food prep (Done already!)
    - Housework (Also done!)
    - Climb a few flights of stairs
    - Walk to the nearby Panda grocery store for the things we couldn't find yesterday (Yay steps! Yay walk! ;))
    - Do 45-60 minutes of exercise
    - Try to eat to my goal today, including the calories I missed out on yesterday.

Congrats on goal progress and I'm glad you're feeling better today :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay, it arrived. I admit I ordered the small thinking that was appropriate for women...its a tad bit tiny (only in 2nd hole) but thinking that is a good reminder to keep weight off! Losing weight in my wrists was definitely a plus. I love seeing my wrist bones. :)

cprg1zlbrnzy.jpg
    Charging now.

Yay! I did the same thing and bought a small - I mean, my wrists are only about 6" around, but I have to wear it on the third to last hole! And I'm sad that purple wasn't available when I got mine.
  • WestCoastJo82
    edited July 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I got my Modcloth dress order in and I hate both of them, I think. The polka-dot dress makes me feel like Minnie Mouse and is all awkward, hits me at a weird place at the hem, and makes my waist look wide...

And the peacock one (sorry it's still so wrinkly and weird in the skirt in the photo, it came all squished in a little bag) hits in that same weird spot above my knee plus it's too big around the waist and makes the embroidery sit all folded up because of all the extra fabric:

It's frustrating to always look so much bigger than other people wearing the same size. Like...both of those dresses are the smallest size they even came in on the website but I certainly don't look it. I hate the way clothes fit me.

So that was a fail and the return process is a real pain from Canada, so I guess I'll be trying to pawn these off on a friend or something. And I still have nothing to wear for the wedding apart from my old black bartending cocktail dresses, which is...not ideal.

So obviously don't buy something you don't feel awesome in, but I think you look great. I especially think the polka dot one is flattering on you - I think it gives you a really cute small waist...
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 - I love your attitude about the gain (and remember most is water and waste!) and have fun at Red White and Boom! Best fireworks show I've ever seen :)
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Oh wow- @just_ceci your transformation photos are amazing!! Great job!! This is so motivating for me, thank you so much!! <3

Agreed!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    @bkhamill Great job!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    @bkhamill that is a lot and I'm glad (1) brother stepped in (2) your father handled it appropriately (3) justice was sought (4) you found healing and moved on. HUGS

Ditto! I've read all the stories in the thread about sexual assualt and I just want to say how amazing each of the survivors are. You've each already overcome or are overcoming a horrible thing....and this makes you a super hero. For reals. I deeply respect your strength, perseverance and admire your willingness to hold onto hope. HUGS!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    SnoopyDance_2.jpg
    (((HAPPY DANCE))) My home loan/assumption is approved as of today. Paperwork still ongoing but I'm approved all by my lonesome self all on my own to take over the loan that my ex and I took out. Now my little fixer-upper is allllll MINE! (soon). :smiley::smiley:B)

ETA: Snoopy dancing happy!

Yay! Great news :smile:
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Okay, it arrived. I admit I ordered the small thinking that was appropriate for women...its a tad bit tiny (only in 2nd hole) but thinking that is a good reminder to keep weight off! Losing weight in my wrists was definitely a plus. I love seeing my wrist bones. :)

Charging now.

I believe that while you are exercising you are suppose to wear it half way up your forearm to get an accurate HR and calorie burn.

That is why I could not get one, the L fit my wrist, but would not fit my forearm.

Mine doesn't fit very far up on my arm, but it seems to take fairly accurate measurements even just above my wrist bone.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Too many posts to reply to, so I'll blanket respond:

To all the negative stuff - That's terrible, I'm sorry, and things are/will be better!

To all the positive stuff - Great job! Weeeeeeeee!

+1 B)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Ok this is most likely be the longest thing I ever post, lol. I will not be offended at all from people that skip this! But this will give those of you a clear cut picture of the type of person my mother was. The beginning of the story might seem bad, but trust me, it gets worse as I go on.

So, my father came here from Italy with nothing and worked really hard his entire life, at a plant, double shifts etc. My mother literally never worked a day that I have known in my life, not at a job, she did not clean the house and we ate out nearly every night. Her entire life consisted of watching TV, and taking long vacations in the hospital (literally making herself sick so she would be in there for months at a time).

We owned our house, my father worked his whole life to buy that house. He died in 1991, and when he did, our house was paid off in full. My mother was a gambling addict and lived well beyond her means. Long story short, she ended up taking out such a large lean on the house to gamble and party, and eat out etc, that about ten years after he died, when she finally sold the house, she literally ended up with less then 10K from it. I was livid, I felt my father worked his whole life for her to piss it away.

About a year after that, she moved into a retirement home. Even though she was barely 60, I had to have her placed there because she kept falsely calling 911 and crap like that, and when the police asked if I could control her and I reply, no, can you lol, they thought it was best she be put in a home where she could be supervised.

Shortly after she moved in, she called me one day and said she needed to talk to me. She told me that she knew she had been a bad mother and she was sorry for everything she had done, and that she was sorry about the way she treated my father and blew his life's work. She told me when she sold the house she put some of the money away for me since it was my father's money, and I was having a really rough financial time so she wanted me to have it. She said it was in a savings account in her bank and for me to take her bank card and get it out.

I did not believe her. At her insistence, I took her card, and actually only withdrew $20 at first to see what was there, and was shocked to find out that money was actually there. She told me to keep her card for a week or so and just withdraw it a thousand at a time until I was done cuz that was all I could take in one day. So I did that.

I used the money to pay off some debts, fix up my car (side note, I no longer have the ability to drive because my OCD is so bad), and buy some much needed things for my place and my then three year old son. She knew exactly what I used the money for, and how much I was struggling for money at the time.

I had a couple thousand I put away for future emergencies.

About 4-6 weeks later, she called me and asked me for the money back. Pardon? Next thing you know, I am having the administrator of the home call me, and tell me that I stole my mother's bank card and took that money and that she was going to call the police.

I started losing my mind, I was SO scared and stressed out, I pleaded with her and told her it was my father's money that my mother saved for me. A lie. It was some kind of back paid government money, so now it was not only theft, but government fraud, and that they could also charge me with failure to provide the necessities for life because she needed that money to live.

These calls went on for several days, while this woman threatened me and demanded I come up with all this money to pay back my mother. Finally, she told me I had a week to get back to her, and come up with a plan to pay the money back, or she was filing the charges.

I went and saw my mother privately, in her room, after this woman went home one day. I asked her why she was doing this and she told me it was not her, and that she had no control over it, that the woman saw her banking information and started questioning her and telling her that I took advantage of her. I explained to her that I could end up in jail for a very long time over this, and that my son would end up in foster care because I had no family that could care for him. She said there was nothing she could do.

Two days later my mother called me, and said the woman was currently calling the police and she tried to stop her but could not, so she thought she would give me a heads up. Right away I hung up and I called two of my mother's friends. She had two long term friends that knew how she was, and knew how I was treated etc. I figured that my best bet in getting anyone to believe my side of things, was to have two woman her age, that have known her my whole life, explain that I was not a bad person and my mother did truly give me that money, and regardless if it was government money or not, I thought it was my fathers money.

The three of us show up at the woman's office, and I am a hot mess, I was stressed to the max for the last week or so (I am sure you can all imagine how scared I was to lose my son etc), and I had been crying for days and freaking out all that morning. As soon as we bust into her office I start crying and freaking out about what was going on, and the woman stops me and says "Why are you here today, I told you we would meet in a week". So I tell her because she was calling the police and I could not just wait around and do nothing. She tells me she was not calling the police, and I told her my mother called and told me she was.

She told us, that my mother went down to her office earlier that day (right before she called me), and told her she did not want to wait any longer and wanted to file the police report that day. The woman told her she told me they were waiting a week for me to come up with a plan (which I never could have), and my mother insisted they call that day.

Luckily, my mother doing that, clued this woman in that I was not the evil one. She went and got my mother, and brought her in the room, she was quite shocked to see me sitting there with her two friends and this lady. She sat in her chair, and tried to pretend she had no idea what was happening or why we were all there. Totally played stupid, almost like she didn't know who anyone even was.

Thankfully that was the end of that, as it was clear to this woman what really happened, and I actually remember after it was all said and done hearing my mothers friends talking to this woman, and her saying someone along the lines of her not believing what my life with my mother had to have been like.

Seriously, who does something like that to their own child? And grandchild? That could have ruined not only my life, but my son's because who knows what would have happened to him. And, I can tell you guys with 100% certainty that this was her plan from the beginning. She gave me that money, and waited to make sure I used most of it, so I could not just give it back, with the plan of ruining my life.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    @ Italian_Buju- I am so sorry for what you have had to deal with familywise. That is just a sadistic thing to do to your own child. I hope that you now have some peace from all of that. It sounds like you and your sister are on good terms and supportive of each other.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I added extra water to my protein shake to make it last longer. It's gross. I won't be doing that again.

I find most protein shakes gross when they're mixed with water. I'd rather sacrifice calories on milk and make it more palatable! I would even add crushed ice and blend it sometimes to make it a bit more "shake-like" ;)

I am apparently weird because I actually like the protein shakes with just water. When I first started I mixed it with my yogurt and had to gag it down. It was disgusting. Now I just weigh it out in my measuring cup and use a whisk to mix it. So lazy, but it tastes good to me! :)

• jthurman3
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    3 years today!

4mzzeclt8zq4.jpg

That's great stuff, right there!
    Agreed! Phenomenal! Did you actually log food every day?
    I logged food most days. I reached my goal weight in November 2013 and have been playing around with not logging to see if I can do it. (I made it from mid April to Mid June before I decided I needed to reign in the slowly creeping up weight and started logging again.) I weigh daily, record my weight weekly, and if I get more than 5 lbs over my lowest weight, I start paying closer attention to exactly what I'm eating. I'm hovering at about 4 lbs over where I want to be right now, so logging for now.

There have also been occasional days throughout when I just quick added a large number of calories because I knew I had blown it.

Here's my transformation:
    gb1ftkix4prd.jpg
    Sorry for the fuzzy photos.

Amazing!!! You are an inspiration! I tend to hit my goal weight, then abandon all the tools that got me there in slow but inevitable fashion. That generally means weight creeping back on as I binge on pizza and ice cream. This time, I want to do it differently... I want to keep logging and paying attention until it's second nature and automatic. :smiley:
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

cprg1zlbrnzy.jpg
    Charging now.

Yay! I did the same thing and bought a small - I mean, my wrists are only about 6" around, but I have to wear it on the third to last hole! And I'm sad that purple wasn't available when I got mine.

Want one, but I have a Zip (use daily) and a One (never use, DH doesn't want it) so it would be a waste :(
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I added extra water to my protein shake to make it last longer. It's gross. I won't be doing that again.

I find most protein shakes gross when they're mixed with water. I'd rather sacrifice calories on milk and make it more palatable! I would even add crushed ice and blend it sometimes to make it a bit more "shake-like" ;)

I am apparently weird because I actually like the protein shakes with just water. When I first started I mixed it with my yogurt and had to gag it down. It was disgusting. Now I just weigh it out in my measuring cup and use a whisk to mix it. So lazy, but it tastes good to me! :)

I prefer them with water too (after trying milk, juice, yogurt, coffee...) but it turns out I prefer them most when I don't have them at all, haha. I started buying Quest bars instead, which are pretty much just a protein shake in solid form, and taste way better to me. Less cleanup of all that gross powder remnant too.
  • jthurman3
    Options
    Update on Princess Bride/Halloween. SO accidentally had the sword from his costume sent to the wrong address and decided since it was all foam it would be fine in his carry-on luggage:

Text from SO:
    My sword caused a kerfuffle going through x-ray machine - I saw the display monitor - it looks SO REAL!

Me: Were you delayed? Did you explain about Princess Buttercup and true love?

SO: TSA were Not much for chit chatting. They were multi tasking with Asian man who was struggling with the concept of walking through at the same time - Dude almost took his pants off.

(This exchange made me laugh this morning.)

Edit to add: This is at one of the busiest airports in the country during morning rush hour. I am guessing fella with the pants issue might have been struggling with a language barrier.

OMG - this made me snort laugh while at work...I'm supposed to be working and YOU ARE BLOWING MY COVER. Also, The Princess Bride is my all time favorite movie. This make me like you and your SO very much. :wink:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen of the confessions thread, a moment of hush if you will, I have an announcement to make.

<drum roll>

This afternoon, in the car park of a slightly up market grocery store, outside a ubiquitous coffee house chain, @girldownsouth and I met up. In honour of this thread, we did not partake of frothy expensive refreshments, but instead meandered many miles along the river, in idyllic English countryside (beside the motorway).

We (well I did anyway) had a lovely walk in the sunshine, getting to know a new friend. We do intend to do it again.

I thank you for your attention. Here endeth the announcement. Please return to your regularly scheduled confessions.

I AM SO FAR BEHIND, BUT THIS SO TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!