Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    All just swamped so just wanted to provide my update...

Yesterdays goals were basically all failures. My new fitbit made 10K but my regular tracker only had me at 9,087 (I trust that one more).
    I didn't get the run in
    I didn't get to studying
    I ate late and had 2 glasses of wine

So.... ticked at myself for poor performance.

Today is a shorter list as I had to get up early to clean for the cleaning people so no time to exercise so...
    1. Clean house for cleaning people (this is kind of a cheat since I did it already)
    2. Pay bills (check)
    3. Focus on catching up on some things at work (so not paying attention to MFP and accepting I will have to catch up tomorrow!). I am not paying enough attention to all the little stuff I have to do for work! So need to get back to being on top of my game.
    4. 10K steps on old pedometer/25,000 on the Fitbit (the Fitbit seems to be 2 1/2 the number of steps that my Gear tracks so I am going with this plan as I have been trying to get 10K on the old one all during my weight loss)

So that is my update for today, and my goals. I may catch up tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

Patricia
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Too many posts to reply to, so I'll blanket respond:

To all the negative stuff - That's terrible, I'm sorry, and things are/will be better!

To all the positive stuff - Great job! Weeeeeeeee!

Confession: I'm getting really tired of people giving me crap for "dieting" as though it somehow inconveniences THEM that I eat smaller portions if they make a calorie-heavy meal, or make "better" choices if we go out. This is a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix to drop a few pounds, peeps. I'm in this for the long haul, so getting in the habit of "cheating" because it makes them feel better isn't part of my game plan. Sorry, not sorry.

I have been gluten-free, egg-free and basically dairy-free for more than 20 years (long before it was known). I've been both given crap and had people bend over backwards to help. SO is great about it. When not with SO or at home I plan ahead and eat what is right for me to eat. I laugh right back at the people giving me crap. Yup, that's right, this is how I eat. Yes it is weird but I'm happy and healthy. :wink: For most people it is just a way to make noise and for the socially inept it is a way they try to contribute to the conversation. It has never bothered me. I hope you get to that point. Yup, that's the way it is....(Big smile.)

Some people are always weird about what other people eat, diet or not. Some of them are even dangerous. I have food allergies and some people just refuse to believe it and will try to sneak things I'm allergic to into my food to prove that it is all in my head. Yes, that time my throat closed up was all in my head and I definitely didn't need medical attention to breathe. Thank you so much for helping me out there buddy.

E.T.A. Caught a spelling mistake.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, I failed at the grocery store...I'm way over goal already and haven't had dinner yet. Oh well, whatever.
    But anyway, after I ordered our half pound of cheese at the deli, my son politely asked the woman working, "Can I get 3 pounds of kittens, please"??? OMG, everyone in line busted out laughing, including me! Where does he come up with this stuff?

HAHAHAHAHA!!! This is AWESOME. He's hilarious!

• Kalici
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I got my Modcloth dress order in and I hate both of them, I think. The polka-dot dress makes me feel like Minnie Mouse and is all awkward, hits me at a weird place at the hem, and makes my waist look wide...

And the peacock one (sorry it's still so wrinkly and weird in the skirt in the photo, it came all squished in a little bag) hits in that same weird spot above my knee plus it's too big around the waist and makes the embroidery sit all folded up because of all the extra fabric:

It's frustrating to always look so much bigger than other people wearing the same size. Like...both of those dresses are the smallest size they even came in on the website but I certainly don't look it. I hate the way clothes fit me.

So that was a fail and the return process is a real pain from Canada, so I guess I'll be trying to pawn these off on a friend or something. And I still have nothing to wear for the wedding apart from my old black bartending cocktail dresses, which is...not ideal.

The pink one is sassy and breezy and fun. You look great in it and I think your waist looks small in it. The black one is harder to tell. It looks like it would be itchy but you look good. BUT what I think is not as important as how you feel. I personally would keep the pink one for those fun light-hearted times but only if you feel good in it. It has so much personality and spark. You have a cute figure. I am getting in the habit of tailoring of having clothes tailored to me.

I agree with everything she said right there. I thought you looked seriously good in the pink one!

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Too many posts to reply to, so I'll blanket respond:

To all the negative stuff - That's terrible, I'm sorry, and things are/will be better!

To all the positive stuff - Great job! Weeeeeeeee!

+1 B)

+2 :p
    But @Italian_Buju, I. HAVE. NO. WORDS. Seriously, just sorry. <3
  • Kalici
    Options
    @peleroja everyone on here agrees that you look super great in the pink one. With that in mind I think you need to find the mirror that you were looking in when you decided you looked bad and throw it away. It is a lying liar and deserves to be tossed into the trash for its behavior.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    @Italian_Buju - I'm so sorry you had to go through everything that your mom put you through. What kind of mother does that to any child? (Hugsx10000000 for you!)
  • Kalici
    Options
    @Italian_buju I'm sorry you've had someone like that in your life. It really stinks and feels like it is sucking your will to live sometimes.
  • kelly_c_77
    edited July 2015
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So, I failed at the grocery store...I'm way over goal already and haven't had dinner yet. Oh well, whatever.
    But anyway, after I ordered our half pound of cheese at the deli, my son politely asked the woman working, "Can I get 3 pounds of kittens, please"??? OMG, everyone in line busted out laughing, including me! Where does he come up with this stuff?

Thanks! :) And seriously I know that kids are funny...but I could never imagine that a 3 year old could be as sarcastic, creative, and hilarious as he is! Cracks me up all day, every day. He's my best little bud! I'm dreading this fall when he starts pre school...I'll be lost without my sidekick!
    Edited because HE'S starting pre school, not ME. Where's the coffee?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    For those in the US and the Brits celebrating the 4th along with us what are your weekend plans?

I am going to my mom's in Long Island and getting 2 long rides in to Montauk on my bike and at least one swim. My sister and her husband are visiting from Seattle too. I may cook Saturday if I can fit it in. Back at barn to work Sunday. Anyone have any fun things planned?
    I'm heading over to the Seawall for a parade and fireworks show.

Gonna read through the old posts now but i don't think i'll respond cause im kinda burnt out today after spending all morning cooking
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    @peleroja everyone on here agrees that you look super great in the pink one. With that in mind I think you need to find the mirror that you were looking in when you decided you looked bad and throw it away. It is a lying liar and deserves to be tossed into the trash for its behavior.

+1!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    I'm recomping and really need more protein to help with muscle growth. I'm not vegetarian, but I'm really picky about animal treatment so the meat I buy is crazy expensive and tends to be used as a flavoring agent rather than a central component in my cooking (i.e 4 oz in a stirfry that makes four portions). I'm usually around 60g of protein (24 of which is a protein shake). What's your best veggie protein advice?

I'm not vegetarian either but I eat weird. If I was to identify as anything, it would be pescetarian, so I eat a LOT of fish, cheese and eggs. I supplement with a protein shake daily and usually throw in a Greek yogurt snack somewhere along the way. I love black beans and kidney beans, but there's only so much chili a gal can eat.

As far as poultry and mammals go, I won't eat anything that reminds me of what it used to be when it was alive (this is the weird part, totally psychological). So small pieces of meat, like in soup or fried rice or stirfry things, will generally escape my attention and go down okay. Pork has been a no-go for me from a very young age, I can't deal with the texture. A dish made with ground beef is usually fine... the more processed and un-meat-like the meat is the better. However, I can't handle the stuff myself in meal prep or cooking it and then stomach eating it, so beef and chicken only work if the SO cooks them or in a restaurant meal. For this reason, I tend to do better with protein when the SO is home and doing the cooking... on my own, I'm very lucky if I hit my 90 gram daily goal. Fortunately, I don't get bored eating the same or similar meals day after day, as I'm not a happy or creative cook.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju, I'm so sorry for all of your struggles. Weight loss is tough for everyone...so taking medication(s) that cause a gain is definitely not going to make it any easier. That's tough! Have you gone to or considered therapy for your OCD? The way your Dr. described it makes it much easier to understand. Most people think being a germophobe and needing things clean means you're OCD...nope. Again, sorry! Sleep is so important to weight loss and just general well being (I struggle with sleep too) so it stinks that you can't get that part taken care of. I know for me, like today, I make very poor food choices when I'm low on sleep. I know you have a ton of other stuff keeping you busy...but is there any way to squeeze in a little time for food prep/using your scale? Like, dedicate one of your days off to just prepping a crap-ton of food for the week? I really don't know...just grabbing at straws(that's an expression, right?).
    Good luck with your upcoming appointment...hopefully things can start looking up by then (no more bikes being stolen, problems with your SO, etc..) and you can show your Dr. that you have made some progress! Hang in there. We're all here...even just to listen when you need to vent. <3

Sorry that I'm horrible with advice and using my words. :(

I was thinking the same thing. There was that girl who posted about all the food prep she does back at the beginning like weighing our her cereal and stuff for the week. If I had the space I would completely do this.
    Also I think words are needed with the SO about the food portions. He needs to understand you can't eat that much. If that's not a possibility (it took mine a significant amount of time to understand this) I know it is a waste of food and money, but throw or give it away. Or just be like "Phew I can't eat anymore, you have it" After you have eaten the correct portion size.

and also this
    @Italian_Buju I wish I had a magic wand. Take baby steps and we will cheer you on.

I do not always eat everything he gives me, or I would be about 600lbs by now I am sure! But it is a lot easier to overeat when you have a giant mountain of food in front of you. He cooks big in general too, I am always bitching at him about wasting rice because he will make rice for what looks like 40 people for four of us :|

I recently told him I needed to start weighing my food to have better blood sugar control because it will help me know exactly how much insulin to take. He seemed to buy that, but now I just have to get on the ball and weigh the food!

*I can't tell him it is for weigh control or even that the DR asked me to lose a bit of weight because then I will get a lecture on how North Americans think being fat is a crime and how terrible it is and on and on and on.....I have literally doubled in size in the years we have been together and he always just tells me it is fine.....and for the record, he is of normal size....now that we are a bit older he has a bit of a belly, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I can definitely sympathise with you on the bolded. Also there is nothing wrong with a little white lie when it comes to health. If it is a way to convince him to eat more sensibly it won't harm him.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    For those in the US and the Brits celebrating the 4th along with us what are your weekend plans?

I am going to my mom's in Long Island and getting 2 long rides in to Montauk on my bike and at least one swim. My sister and her husband are visiting from Seattle too. I may cook Saturday if I can fit it in. Back at barn to work Sunday. Anyone have any fun things planned?

I'm doing a "Freedom 44 (Mile) Bike Ride" tomorrow morning. I'm sure we'll find some fireworks somewhere and probably have some kind of cookout with burgers, etc. on Saturday.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

+1!!

+2
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I logged food most days. I reached my goal weight in November 2013 and have been playing around with not logging to see if I can do it. (I made it from mid April to Mid June before I decided I needed to reign in the slowly creeping up weight and started logging again.) I weigh daily, record my weight weekly, and if I get more than 5 lbs over my lowest weight, I start paying closer attention to exactly what I'm eating. I'm hovering at about 4 lbs over where I want to be right now, so logging for now.

There have also been occasional days throughout when I just quick added a large number of calories because I knew I had blown it..

Amazing!!! You are an inspiration! I tend to hit my goal weight, then abandon all the tools that got me there in slow but inevitable fashion. That generally means weight creeping back on as I binge on pizza and ice cream. This time, I want to do it differently... I want to keep logging and paying attention until it's second nature and automatic. :smiley:

Thanks! I am trying my best to keep a healthy weight. I think maintenance is harder than losing was!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Seriously, who does something like that to their own child? And grandchild? That could have ruined not only my life, but my son's because who knows what would have happened to him. And, I can tell you guys with 100% certainty that this was her plan from the beginning. She gave me that money, and waited to make sure I used most of it, so I could not just give it back, with the plan of ruining my life.

Wow. That is just Machiavellian and unbelievably cruel.

Well, she was obviously quite sharp mentally to plot out that whole nasty, twisted scenario. :/

I'm sorry you endured that... but happy that the administrator figured things out before legal action was taken.

eta: It's no consolation, but my father was all set to ruin my future when I left their home at 17 -- figured I couldn't do any worse living on my own than with two alcoholics. The day I moved out, he threatened to take me to court and have me proved "mentally unfit" and returned to their home. Thankfully I realized that there wasn't a shred of evidence that would support his case... I was an honour student, worked part-time, never a brush with the law... so I figured he was bluffing (and he was).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

That is so fabulous! Congratulations!

ETA: I broke it. I was trying to congratulate Susie on the stair thing.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

This seriously made me LOL! Lying liar mirrors!

And I'm wondering, what did someone put in your food because they thought you were lying about an allergy?
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

Thanks! :) And seriously I know that kids are funny...but I could never imagine that a 3 year old could be as sarcastic, creative, and hilarious as he is! Cracks me up all day, every day. He's my best little bud! I'm dreading this fall when he starts pre school...I'll be lost without my sidekick!
    Edited because HE'S starting pre school, not ME. Where's the coffee?
    My 3.5 yr old is like this too- only he's charming when he wants to be. He's totally got the "ginger hair and freckles with big cheesy smile" thing down pat so he KNOWS when he's cute.

This morning he tells me, "I love you mom because you're my best friend," does the CHEESIEST smile, then asked me for ice cream. I told him not for breakfast, he tells me, "You're fired, I don't want a mean best friend anymore".