Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!! I am back from Florida. I had the best time with my boyfriend! It was a relaxing much needed vacation.

My boyfriend is really into body building, so I actually went to the gym with him every morning when we were there. He's been asking me for months to go lift with him in the gym, and I always said no. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it!! He said he'd train me if I join his gym, so I'm going to do that this week! I definitely drank more and ate more carbs than normal, but I don't think I did too much damage.

I'm 987 posts behind right now...I'm taking tomorrow off, so hopefully I can catch up.

I missed you all and I hope everyone is doing well!! :)

Welcome back!! Good luck catching up today!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Friday was a run-around day and I went to bed early. Daughter and I went to the 4th of July 5K and she was really queasy and my ankles (weirdly and for the first time) were giving me issues. So Daughter ran with me and we walked whenever either of us wanted. It was a slow 5K at 35 minutes (or 34:50 something) but she didn't throw up and my legs are doing fine so we got through it. Patricia you say you don't train but it sounds as if you run regularly. Running twice this year was not sufficient to do a great job on our 5K in my opinion. :) It was nice to have that done, though. Then we joined SO and his friend at his pool. They had biked 50 miles of hills. We went to SO's friend's house and saw puppies (rescued and so freaking cute, just a few weeks old.) Then I took daughter back to my house so her father could come pick her up. SO and I prepped food and set up the wine/chocolate pairings. It was GOOOOOOOOD. It was really good. But I don't want wine or chocolate today. I had a bit too much of both last night. This morning SO ran 12 miles and I biked alongside him. He did 1500 feet climbing hills so I did too on my bike. But I braked on the downhills to stay at his pace. So it was interval training for me and a hard training run for him. We swam and made a lovely breakfast, watched some Tour de France and I came home. I did weekly grocery shopping, two loads of laundry, mopped my house and removed a cabinet from the kitchen wall. I'm going to take out half of that wall and getting the cabinet off that wall makes my galley kitchen look larger, much larger. It was HARD physical work taking it down as it was built in the 1950's in heavy wood ON the walls. It could have held a family of elephants. It took two hours for me to pull it down but it felt good.

I've skimmed and thought of each of the postings, especially people who are struggling today. But I'm sleepy and heading to bed rather than track through to write to each of you. Just know you are thought about and I'm cheering you on!

Good Stuff!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Well today is gonna be a rough day....this floor job has me more stressed out than I thought. At first I thought the idea of me being at work while it happened and my kids being here to deal with it would work out better, but now I am stressed worried my daughter won't be on the ball (she has not exactly proven herself to be with other things), and my son is gonna be gone most of the day.

I spent all last evening doing OCD related things, and even though I was dead tired and went to bed at 11pm, it was well after 1am when I fell asleep, and I have been up since 4am......I work 10 hours today.....I already can't wait for today to be over!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Italian_Buju sorry you had a rough night of sleep. Hope everything goes well with the floor.

@TigerNY128 happy you had a great vacation and yay on liking lifting.

@nonoelmo glad your weekend went well. And kudos for doing the 5K.

• Glinda1971
    Options
    I went to bed at 9:30 last night, had the hardest time falling asleep and then was awake from 1:15 until 3:15 when my husband decided to finally come to bed.

It's going to be a long day.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you're doing alright today.

@orangesmartie hope to see you in here soon.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Good morning all :)

Thank you so much for your kind and supportive words, and the kicks up the backside, they are all very much appreciated. It has meant an absolute lot to me to have that support.

Today I have left my pity party behind, and woken in a much more positive state of mind, with an absolute determination that I am going to Conquer that mountain. Training begins anew this week, and I will organise to go again and climb it. I'll do it in the day time, with no time constraints, but I will do it.

And I am going to start marathon training so that I can go meet POF in nashville next year.

Please don't be offended if I haven't replied to every comment or post personally, there is an overwhelming amount, but I have read every single thing that has been said.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    Good morning to you!!

I love today's attitude!! You will conquer that mountain!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for your kind and supportive words, and the kicks up the backside, they are all very much appreciated. It has meant an absolute lot to me to have that support.

Today I have left my pity party behind, and woken in a much more positive state of mind, with an absolute determination that I am going to Conquer that mountain. Training begins anew this week, and I will organise to go again and climb it. I'll do it in the day time, with no time constraints, but I will do it.

And I am going to start marathon training so that I can go meet POF in nashville next year.

Please don't be offended if I haven't replied to every comment or post personally, there is an overwhelming amount, but I have read every single thing that has been said.

Yay!! I didn't mind that you didn't respond, because I was sure that you were feeling terrible. :) I'm just glad that you read it all and took it into mind. You CAN conquer that mountain, I know you can! You got halfway this time, after all. :)

@Glinda1971 Thanks for asking... Mostly bedridden today, sorry to say. I can still get moving a little bit to get to the bathroom and such, because I have a walker--when I'm at my worst I can't support myself well with the walker either, and my husband usually has to help me get anywhere. So, thank goodness for small blessings. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Your kids are so cute @pearso21123 !! And so neat you're a twin!!

Thanks. I think twinship is more fascinating to other people than it is to us. And I do believe that my husband and I were blessed with four moderately good-looking kids, but I'm biased...

Yup, twins are probably fascinating to everyone BUT twins... I think it's pretty cool, too! ;) Also, I think your kids are adorable! :)
  • Glinda1971
    Options

Yay!! I didn't mind that you didn't respond, because I was sure that you were feeling terrible. :) I'm just glad that you read it all and took it into mind. You CAN conquer that mountain, I know you can! You got halfway this time, after all. :)

@Glinda1971 Thanks for asking... Mostly bedridden today, sorry to say. I can still get moving a little bit to get to the bathroom and such, because I have a walker--when I'm at my worst I can't support myself well with the walker either, and my husband usually has to help me get anywhere. So, thank goodness for small blessings. :)

Well rest up and get better!! We're hoping it's a short duration flare up.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    What moron decided a 1/2 cup of ice cream should be a serving size?! It is an abomination! It is an affront to the ice cream fairy! It is an insult to the ice cream man (who, by the way, my husband has trained to park at the end of our driveway)!

It is! Also, who decided a 1/2 pack of instant noodles was one serving. I have never met anyone in my life who eats 1/2 pack of noodles and stops at that! What's more, people who are eating noodles are usually doing so by themselves (oh I'm having a romantic evening, I know I'll cook instant noodles - said no-one ever) and there's no way of sealing (or even measuring really) that tiny portion of flavouring. It's sheer lunacy.

I ate the whole pack of instant noodles.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Sorry! :(
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    What moron decided a 1/2 cup of ice cream should be a serving size?! It is an abomination! It is an affront to the ice cream fairy! It is an insult to the ice cream man (who, by the way, my husband has trained to park at the end of our driveway)!

It is! Also, who decided a 1/2 pack of instant noodles was one serving. I have never met anyone in my life who eats 1/2 pack of noodles and stops at that! What's more, people who are eating noodles are usually doing so by themselves (oh I'm having a romantic evening, I know I'll cook instant noodles - said no-one ever) and there's no way of sealing (or even measuring really) that tiny portion of flavouring. It's sheer lunacy.

I ate the whole pack of instant noodles.

Half a pack? O.o That IS lunacy! The instant noodles that are sold here and in Oman state that the full package is one serving... Who breaks their instant noodles in half and boils THAT? O.o
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

I'm used to it by now. ;) I am a bit disappointed though, because I haven't had a major flare up since January this year and told my husband just a few days ago that it's like I'm "in remission" from my FND. Then this happened. :p Speak of the devil and all that...?

I think my major goal is to make sure I stay on target calorie-wise while I'm sick. :) One of the worst issues when I have a flare up is that cooking and preparing food is just too energy-draining, and my husband and I tend to resort to restaurant food after we get sick of his "gourmet" cooking: hotdogs and peanut butter sandwiches. ;) Last time I got sick I did manage to stick with my goal the whole time, with the addition of Subway to the above-mentioned gourmet foods.

I think I'll be fine, though, because my appetite hasn't really made a comeback yet, so it would be pretty hard to overdo it when combining lack of appetite with fasting until sundown. :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

I'm used to it by now. ;) I am a bit disappointed though, because I haven't had a major flare up since January this year and told my husband just a few days ago that it's like I'm "in remission" from my FND. Then this happened. :p Speak of the devil and all that...?

I think my major goal is to make sure I stay on target calorie-wise while I'm sick. :) One of the worst issues when I have a flare up is that cooking and preparing food is just too energy-draining, and my husband and I tend to resort to restaurant food after we get sick of his "gourmet" cooking: hotdogs and peanut butter sandwiches. ;) Last time I got sick I did manage to stick with my goal the whole time, with the addition of Subway to the above-mentioned gourmet foods.

I think I'll be fine, though, because my appetite hasn't really made a comeback yet, so it would be pretty hard to overdo it when combining lack of appetite with fasting until sundown. :)

Well, good luck with it! I'm sure you can do it!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I think you should take your body's cue to rest up well, @Susieq_1994! Hope you feel better soon - how long do the attacks usually last?

I'm watching Universiade gymnastics and having that moment where I'm waiting for the invention of some kind of microchip that means I burn the equivalent calories for the sport I'm watching. Because I'd be thin in no time!

My confession is that I've been maintaining the last couple of weeks, which is disappointing, because it's just a weakness of willpower. Not anymore! I am determined!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time getting back to sticking within my calories since I got back from vacation. I took the rest of last week off from logging and the only day I have not gone over is Monday. I had a snack at like 10 PM last night and was going to be fine but then I decided to eat a chocolate chip muffin, chips, pretzels, and candy. Totally self-sabotaged my workout and day of healthy-ish eating. I did not really try to stop myself or muster up some willpower. Sigh. Today's a new day. I think I'm gonna do my workouts and "start fresh" with the eating on Monday since I know I'm going to pig out on Saturday.

Non-MFP/eating confession:

My most embarrassing moment is so embarrassing that I've only told three people in the eight years since it happened. I'm mostly taking it to the grave. All I'll say is that it happened in high school.

Oh, now we are dying to know!

I know it's evil of me to mention it without telling, but I just can't! It's too embarrassing! I've had quite a few of those moments, but at least I never accidentally called a teacher "mom." I have that going for me. ;)

Haha, I've called a teacher "mom" once...maybe twice. Pretty embarrassing!

I've called my husband by my brother's name once or twice. THAT is awkward...
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I think you should take your body's cue to rest up well, @Susieq_1994! Hope you feel better soon - how long do the attacks usually last?

I'm watching Universiade gymnastics and having that moment where I'm waiting for the invention of some kind of microchip that means I burn the equivalent calories for the sport I'm watching. Because I'd be thin in no time!

My confession is that I've been maintaining the last couple of weeks, which is disappointing, because it's just a weakness of willpower. Not anymore! I am determined!

The shortest can last a minute or less, and the longest has lasted about one full month. It's almost impossible to know how long I'll be out of commission since there's so much variance from attack to attack.

I want that microchip! I'd lay on the couch and watch all the sports in the world that I hate just so I can shovel cheesecake into my maw for breakfast, lunch, and dinner... ;)

You can do it!! :)
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'm so sorry :( I hope the flare is a short one and you get to feeling better soon :(

@orangesmartie That's such an awesome attitude! Today is a new day and it's going to be great! I am jealous- I want to go to Nashville! lol not sure about the running (I run like an arthritic tortoise) but the rest sounds awesome.

AFM, it was a whirlwind weekend. I have Insulin Resistance and I'm hypoglycemic. If I eat like I'm supposed to (very strict, controlled diet) I can maintain my weight. Eat less, and I'll lose. Eat a bit of sugar, I get sick for half a day. I'm not kidding, either- an entire chocolate chip cookie is enough to have me on the couch for a few hours :( I eat ice cream or gelato by 1 tbsp and that's it and I'll still feel weird after unless I down water. Can't really eat fruit, unless it's a couple berries. I've learned to adjust and it's hard to own a home bakery when I want to taste everything but I've learned not to. I also scaled back my business.

My mom was watching oldest DS for us on July 4th, so when we went to pick him up yesterday, we grilled chicken and vegs for her as a "thank you". She had made two desserts and basically guilt tripped me into eating a bite of each. A regular forkful sized bite of each. I still don't feel right. I'm so bloated my pants don't fit well, my stomach is heaving, and I have a pounding headache. I'm mad at myself for not sticking to my guns.

But...in great news, we were approved to adopt the dog! She's coming up here on Saturday!! SO excited! We got some supplies and DH is actually getting excited, too. Her foster mom keeps sending me pics and it's making me so anxious to see her!