Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Ok I am just stopping by to say that I am judging harshly the woman at the barn wearing a spaghetti strap tank top to ride in. As I am sure most of you can imagine riding is bouncy. She is not small chested. This would not look good on a 20 year old. She is 60+.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Well, I managed to break the quote by accidentally deleting more than I meant to. But anyhow, these were yesterday's goals:

- 30+ minutes of exercise. (Done! 70 minutes. :))
    - Climb at least 6 flights of stairs. (3 up, 3 down) (Not done. Not a single stair was climbed.)
    - Meet my calorie goal as closely as I can. (Done! With the help of a pizza base slathered in peanut butter...)
    - Drink a minimum of 8 cups of water. (I cut it really close, having only 6 cups around midnight, but with some quick glugging... Done!)
    - Finish up the laundry, which I didn't touch yesterday. (About half done. I washed and hung a bunch of socks, but didn't touch the ironing as usual. ;))

I skipped the stairs on purpose, for two reasons:
    1) I'm a brat who wants a good weigh-in on Monday. My ankles were kind of sore and swollenish, so I wanted to give the water retention some time to go down by resting the stairs for a bit.

2) My health is iffy at the best of times, and pushing it too hard is a surefire FND trigger. I don't want to be bedridden for the next few days, and doing my exercise + long walk + stairs for two days in a row has left my body threatening to flare up. I could feel it coming on, so I took it easy (which I had better do today as well, to be on the safe side.)

So, today's goals!
    - Exercise for 30+ minutes.
    - Drink tons of water--I'm aiming for 2.5 liters/10 cups today.
    - Eat as close to my calorie goal as possible--my weekly net resets tomorrow and I don't want to leave any behind. ;)
    - Don't do anything stupid that will make me sick. <--- I have a bad habit of doing this when I feel myself declining.
    - Do some more laundry (Looking at you, ironing... *sigh*)
    - Try to stay active by moving around the house and doing household tasks.

Baby goals for today, but better than no goals! :)

May I ask like what? Like are we talking over doing it, or doing something purposely harmful?

Well, with FND, it very much depends on how I'm feeling. If I'm on a decline, just walking around too much can push me over the edge into a flare-up. I basically just meant overdoing it, because my problem when I can feel my body declining is that I feel like if I pretend everything is normal then it'll be fine and dandy--which generally isn't true. ;)

An update: I don't think I'll be doing any exercise today. I'm going downhill quickly and into the beginning stages of a flare-up, and I'm trying to be as careful as possible. I don't know at this point if I'm going to get a full-on flare up (that would leave me bedridden) or if it'll just go away with a bit of rest, so prayers and good thoughts are appreciated!

Sending you the best thoughts. I hope you're able to keep from a full-on flare up.

Do whatever you need to do to stay healthy! Hugs to you. And sending good thoughts.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Well, I managed to break the quote by accidentally deleting more than I meant to. But anyhow, these were yesterday's goals:

- 30+ minutes of exercise. (Done! 70 minutes. :))
    - Climb at least 6 flights of stairs. (3 up, 3 down) (Not done. Not a single stair was climbed.)
    - Meet my calorie goal as closely as I can. (Done! With the help of a pizza base slathered in peanut butter...)
    - Drink a minimum of 8 cups of water. (I cut it really close, having only 6 cups around midnight, but with some quick glugging... Done!)
    - Finish up the laundry, which I didn't touch yesterday. (About half done. I washed and hung a bunch of socks, but didn't touch the ironing as usual. ;))

I skipped the stairs on purpose, for two reasons:
    1) I'm a brat who wants a good weigh-in on Monday. My ankles were kind of sore and swollenish, so I wanted to give the water retention some time to go down by resting the stairs for a bit.

2) My health is iffy at the best of times, and pushing it too hard is a surefire FND trigger. I don't want to be bedridden for the next few days, and doing my exercise + long walk + stairs for two days in a row has left my body threatening to flare up. I could feel it coming on, so I took it easy (which I had better do today as well, to be on the safe side.)

So, today's goals!
    - Exercise for 30+ minutes.
    - Drink tons of water--I'm aiming for 2.5 liters/10 cups today.
    - Eat as close to my calorie goal as possible--my weekly net resets tomorrow and I don't want to leave any behind. ;)
    - Don't do anything stupid that will make me sick. <--- I have a bad habit of doing this when I feel myself declining.
    - Do some more laundry (Looking at you, ironing... *sigh*)
    - Try to stay active by moving around the house and doing household tasks.

Baby goals for today, but better than no goals! :)

May I ask like what? Like are we talking over doing it, or doing something purposely harmful?

Well, with FND, it very much depends on how I'm feeling. If I'm on a decline, just walking around too much can push me over the edge into a flare-up. I basically just meant overdoing it, because my problem when I can feel my body declining is that I feel like if I pretend everything is normal then it'll be fine and dandy--which generally isn't true. ;)

An update: I don't think I'll be doing any exercise today. I'm going downhill quickly and into the beginning stages of a flare-up, and I'm trying to be as careful as possible. I don't know at this point if I'm going to get a full-on flare up (that would leave me bedridden) or if it'll just go away with a bit of rest, so prayers and good thoughts are appreciated!
    Please be careful! I am glad you decided to rest today!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @orangesmartie Take all the lecturing I've done on your profile page and pretend I posted it all here, as well; I think I've gone on and on long enough today and doing it some more would probably just annoy you. :) But please be kind to yourself--I can just feel that you're beating yourself up right now, just as I would be doing if it was me in your place. But you really and truly shouldn't. Hugs. <3

Susie you and I think alike. I was going to say the same thing. @orangesmartie I hope you heard me loud and clear on this point. I am going for the tough love on this one. XOXOXOXO
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Hey guys, I have a suggestion.....

How would you guys feel about a thread in the batcave for daily goals instead of posting them within this discussion? I was just gonna post some for today, but was thinking as fast as the thread moves during the week it might be hard to even find it again to see how it went.

What do you guys think?

I was thinking that just today! I'd welcome a thread like that--I did think the Fitbit thread was going to be more like that rather than exclusively steps. :)

Well why don't we just repurpose it? I can't keep up with too many of these. I'll get confused.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 sending you hope and best wishes it doesn't turn into a full blown flare up.

+1
  • Oberon21
    Options

I learned something today! How to post a picture. :smile:

That is me in my wedding dress - and yes, I do have shiny butterfly wallpaper in my living room. Sorry if it is a little big.

It's a lovely dress! Simple and not overly intricate--my kind of style. :) I see that I'm not the only one who feels the need to cover my face, though. ;)

Speaking of that, I forgot to address @pofoster21's comment about not being able to see me now. I don't actually have anything against any of the ladies in this thread seeing me--I just don't want to post my pictures openly in a public forum that anyone can access. I don't like having my pictures online for all to see. :)

Oh! I always assumed you couldn't for religious reasons. I totally get that. I don't want my face online either. However because of Facebook and appearing in others pictures and race photos I am all over the place.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Thank you @Glinda1971, @Tubbs216, @kellyjellybellyjelly, and @Italian_Buju! I just posted my results over in the Batcave. Final steps were 46,241 and mileage was 24.03. My hips are kind of sore from it so today I will take it easy.
    Oh and I also got some extra sleep which I have been trying to do... almost 8 hours last night!!!! That's crazy for me!

Wow, good for you on the steps! You are my fitbit Hero!!

@pofoster21 sorry about your knee. Haven't seen a pic yet if you posted one, but I'm only on 1173.

Nope you'll see it tonight when I upload to my computer! It ended up not bad but it sure looked nasty when it happened.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 how did dinner go?

Thank for asking! It went well...the pasta was great and the cesear salad wasn't quite as good as in the past (not enough garlic on croutons) but they had never had it before so didn't know. :wink:

I did stay up too late and had more wine than planned but we had a good time and I may not see them again for a few years so oh well. But getting up at 3 am drive 3 hours to ride at 7 was hard!

Glad it went well. Also glad you made it home safely!

Thanks!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Ok I am just stopping by to say that I am judging harshly the woman at the barn wearing a spaghetti strap tank top to ride in. As I am sure most of you can imagine riding is bouncy. She is not small chested. This would not look good on a 20 year old. She is 60+.

Hahaha I cracked up- and would totally judge too!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Positive thoughts your way today @Susieq_1994
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Sorry for all the posting right now, I should have combined them..
    Anyhow, so I ran my 13.1 miles this morning on the treadmill....but after going for my two walks with my son and being outside walking around most of the day for our neighborhood block party, I'm now up to 23.78 miles for the day! I've beaten my previous highest step count which was last year on May 31st by 6000ish...giving me a total as of right now of 45,675 steps. I've had a pretty good day. And I ate tons of "junk" food and don't even care! Happy 4th!

Wow! You deserved all that food!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @orangesmartie you put your heart and soul into that climb- you're still super great (and my hero) in my book! ❤️
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Fourth of July BBQ - I am taking steaks, watermelon, corn on the cob, vinegar cucumbers (my son's favorite), and cherry cheesecake. Mostly healthy, right? I'm blaming the cheesecake on you guys!!!

Can I have some cheesecake!!!???

Sure, come on over!!! Idaho isn't far, right?!?

ETA: it's just the Jello kind, which I confess is my favorite. Unsophisticated palate right here! LOL

I confess that I refuse to call that kind of cheesecake a real cheesecake, because I'm a complete and utter cheesecake snob; my husband and I call it "fake cheesecake". ;) That said, I'd totally still eat the fake cheesecake and think it was yummy, but it still wouldn't be "real". :p

... Speaking of cheesecake. While eating my cookie-butter-with-caramel flavored ice cream yesterday, a new cheesecake to try baking came to mind. Speculoos cookies as the base, with cookie butter to bind the crumbs instead of butter (or maybe a 50-50 mix of the two), then a regular cheesecake batter, then top it with oodles of homemade caramel. Now I just need an occasion to bake that for...

I still don't know what Speculoos are. I really need to google this.

They basically taste like the cinnamon-sugar graham crackers, but they're more crumbly and less cracker-like. In my opinon, they also have a "deeper" flavor than graham crackers. Cookie butter is made using crushed Speculoos (also called Lotus) cookies, and it tastes like a really, really good cheesecake crust in a jar. ;) I think using Speculoos cookies and cookie butter for a cheesecake crust would result in a much more flavorful crust. :) Of course, it's still all in my head and I haven't tried to do it yet, so... Who knows for sure. :p

Confession: I had 700 calories left over and I wasn't sure what to do with them, since I already had some ice cream (and logged it into yesterday, since I had a bunch left over there as well)... Soooo I took one of those pre-made pizza bases, slathered it with peanut butter, and then sprinkled it with chocolate chips and microwaved it. :p No regrets... But it could have used more peanut butter. ;)

Thanks for the explanation. And that treat sounds amazing!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Since I got so much love on my "SUPER GREAT" sticky note, I figured I'd take a picture and show it to everyone. My husband actually liked it and kept it by taking it off the middle of his screen and sticking it to the edges:

this is so cute!

Yesterday when I was all depressed I stole the note and added a "NOT" between the "SUPER" and the "GREAT" and then put it back. He was upset about it and scribbled with a pen over the word "NOT" and said he "fixed it"... So I made him a new one today to make up for "ruining" his note.

... Gee whiz, that paragraph contains a LOT of quotation marks.

Good for him! And I always notice how many exclamation points I use... a ton. ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Its so funny when I see myself reply after reply.

Update on fitbit. I went to the site and looked up 'issues with ChargeHR' in the forum. One woman had an issue (not quite mine) and it advised rebooting it (and explained how to do that). Now the 2 are tracking together...so we are good...

That's good! I was beginning to worry about the accuracy of my own (non-existent so far) Fitbit after reading your updates about your new one. :o You've also gotten me to consider getting the ChargeHR instead of just the Fitbit One like I was originally planning, so there's that, too... ;)

Well I think it's off again. What I need to do is put both on and walked a measured distance and see which one is more accurate. It was pretty dead on for running.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I learned something today! How to post a picture. :smile:

That is me in my wedding dress - and yes, I do have shiny butterfly wallpaper in my living room. Sorry if it is a little big.

It's a lovely dress! Simple and not overly intricate--my kind of style. :) I see that I'm not the only one who feels the need to cover my face, though. ;)

Speaking of that, I forgot to address @pofoster21's comment about not being able to see me now. I don't actually have anything against any of the ladies in this thread seeing me--I just don't want to post my pictures openly in a public forum that anyone can access. I don't like having my pictures online for all to see. :)

Oh! I always assumed you couldn't for religious reasons. I totally get that. I don't want my face online either. However because of Facebook and appearing in others pictures and race photos I am all over the place.

Well, it depends. :) For religious reasons, I can't and won't post an uncovered picture in an online location where it can be seen; but I don't cover my face, so this only applies to covering my body appropriately as well as my hair. For my sister, however, she wouldn't show a picture that shows her face for religious reasons.

Also, it's discouraged in Islam to post even covered pictures online if it isn't needed, because you don't know what harm or good may come from that picture--just as one example, if someone who disliked you found it online and photoshopped it onto an uncovered body, it could completely ruin your reputation. In Islamic and Arab societies, a girl with a ruined reputation won't usually be able to find a husband--a religious husband wants a religious wife, and if he hears that she's posting her own bikini-clad (for example) pictures online, then he would mentally cross her off as a desirable spouse. So, because more harm can come from it than good, it's a discouraged practice. It's perfectly fine to take pictures for legal documents and such, however.

In the case of having a female friend who you trust to delete the picture or to keep others from seeing it, you are perfectly free to send pictures, even with your hair uncovered, so long as you know that she can be trusted. Women don't have to cover in front of other women in Islam, although certain parts of the body should be covered even in front of other women--sharing pictures with friends would fall under this ruling. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Thanks for the positive thoughts, everyone. :) Unfortunately, I'm still going downhill--my leg function is now impaired and I can't walk or stand too well at the moment, but luckily I'm still able to (somewhat) get around so far.

I was thinking earlier of how I could possibly explain the definition of an FND flare-up to you guys, and while any full description would be pretty lengthy, right now I'm at the point where I look like a sober person trying to walk on a drunk person's legs. ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I confess that since I've lost the last ten pounds or so my chair makes horrible fart noises if I'm not careful. I am not talking little squeakers either. We're talking loud fog horn, butt cheeks clapping in the wind that never ends fart noises. It is so embarrassing and I don't really know what is causing it.

How embarrassing THAT must be! O.o Is it your work chair you're referring to?
    So you have to keep doing it again and again so everyone realises it's your chair and not you..?

You are evil. This is exactly something I'd do, but I don't think I could manage it without cracking up.

I've been thinking about it and now believe I should definitely do this. If I do it while laughing and shouting, "Wee!" they'll either realize it is the chair or think I'm completely bonkers. If they get it they'll smile and if they think I'm bonkers they'll avoid me. Complete win win situation right there! ;)

OR they might think you have gas that's SO BAD that each fart is propelling you right out of your chair... :p
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I hope the flare up doesn't last too long. ❤️