Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 pieces of thick crust pizza for breakfast yesterday....I wasn't actually even hungry :/

It happens, I've done stuff like that tons of times! Welcome to the thread! :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I forgot one other reason this attempt is being more successful:

I have this super great community of supportive friends cheering me on.

We love you and we want you to succeed! ;) I agree, this community has been amazingly supportive, and this goal-setting keeps us accountable; not out of a perceived feeling of shame if we fail to meet the goals, but because we know everyone is cheering us on and we don't want to let anyone down. :)

Exactly!!
    +1!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Since I'm tying to own this page I'll confess something.

I've started calorie counting numerous times and always gave it up after a couple months. Even trying to lose weight for my wedding last year wasn't enough motivation. So I was thinking about what has changed this time - I'm still going strong after 4 months. My motivations and reasons this time are:

1. Trying to look good as the MOH for my sister's wedding in September.
    2. I'm actually happy for the first time in my life. Well, content maybe is more the word.
    3. My husband loves me for me, but I want to be the best me I can be for him.
    4. I care about me for a change.

And the 5th and final reason that makes this a confession:

Between the ages of 15 and 21, I had a very emotionally abusive boyfriend. I was "stupid, fat and ugly" and he liked to call me bozo the clown. He was physically abusive once and even that didn't make me leave. (Self-esteem issues much?) The final thing that broke us up for good was when he went hunting with my dad and my brother, said some pretty disgusting things about me apparently and got into a fist fight with my brother.

I ran into him about a month and a half into my journey and I could see him thinking I was fat. The next time I see him, I won't be. I'm a little ashamed that that is motivating me.

My low self esteem issues were indirectly caused by my big brother as well - nobody was allowed to date me. When everyone else is dating (I lived in a very small rural community) and nobody wants to date you, you think there must be something wrong with you. I didn't find out about my brother's edict until I was well into my 20's.

Sorry that was so long.

Sorry! Hugs to you!
    Also, do not be ashamed of whatever it is that motivates you.
  • ceeceeculver
    ceeceeculver Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks Susieq_1994 :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Thanks Susieq_1994 :)

You're very welcome. :) I hope you stick around, this thread is super great! ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    GUYS. Speaking of super greatness, I found this picture a while ago that totally reminded me of the super great shark:

ah74ebe6ccnx.jpg
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    GUYS. Speaking of super greatness, I found this picture a while ago that totally reminded me of the super great shark:

ah74ebe6ccnx.jpg

Ha! I love it!
    Welcome to the thread, @ceeceeculver !
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

ah74ebe6ccnx.jpg

That is awesomely super great.

I confess I told someone I was 'super busy' yesterday and then I laughed...I would never have said that before!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I ate 2 pieces of thick crust pizza for breakfast yesterday....I wasn't actually even hungry :/

It happens, I've done stuff like that tons of times! Welcome to the thread! :)

Ditto what Susie said. Welcome.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Heck yes you do!

Is this okay @Susieq_1994? :grimace: I'm trying to censor myself a bit more. :innocent:

"Heck" is a perfectly acceptable word, I use it myself. Your trying is appreciated! :)

I told my sister yesterday I thought something her boyfriend did was crummy. I keep saying Susie is cleaning up my language.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Thursday is my rest day because Friday is my weigh in. So I'm a brat too. ;)

That's good that you took it easier yesterday if your condition was going to flare up. Exercise is for health not to make you unwell.

Bratty us. ;) My husband doesn't care one way or another if it's weigh-in day or not--he won't make any special "allowances" to make his weigh-in look good. ;)

While I don't obsess about it, I confess that I always take measures to get prettier numbers--I eat earlier meals, drink more water, and choose a lower-sodium meal for dinner the day before the weigh-in. :p In Ramadan it's a bit different because of the fasting and eating times, so I tend to weigh in about an hour before iftar instead of right after waking up.

I weigh every day but if I was in a competition I would totally do this. And probably wrap myself in plastic the day before. ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options

I've started calorie counting numerous times and always gave it up after a couple months. Even trying to lose weight for my wedding last year wasn't enough motivation. So I was thinking about what has changed this time - I'm still going strong after 4 months. My motivations and reasons this time are:

2. I'm actually happy for the first time in my life. Well, content maybe is more the word.

Between the ages of 15 and 21, I had a very emotionally abusive boyfriend. I was "stupid, fat and ugly" and he liked to call me bozo the clown. He was physically abusive once and even that didn't make me leave. (Self-esteem issues much?) The final thing that broke us up for good was when he went hunting with my dad and my brother, said some pretty disgusting things about me apparently and got into a fist fight with my brother.

I ran into him about a month and a half into my journey and I could see him thinking I was fat. The next time I see him, I won't be. I'm a little ashamed that that is motivating me.

My low self esteem issues were indirectly caused by my big brother as well - nobody was allowed to date me. When everyone else is dating (I lived in a very small rural community) and nobody wants to date you, you think there must be something wrong with you. I didn't find out about my brother's edict until I was well into my 20's.

Sorry that was so long.

I'm glad that you found your reasons! I do understand the ex one--while I don't have an ex to want to lose weight before ever seeing again, one of my "reasons" for wanting so badly to get back on the wagon while struggling lately was that I'd be so embarrassed to face family and aquaintances back home if I gained the weight back. It would be so mortifying for me, like a public declaration of failure. :-/ Especially considering that it's very common for people to say "OH MY GOD, YOU GOT SO FAT!" in Arab culture and isn't considered to be something rude or unacceptable.

I am sorry that you put up with so much--I really feel for people who have been in abusive relationships, because although I was lucky enough to end up with a wonderful husband, my anxiety and extreme self-esteem issues make me know for sure that if I were in that kind of relationship, I'd never be able to get out.

People are so destructive to each other I just don't get it. Whatever your starting motivation is in the end it will be about you and for you. So enjoy the weight loss, I am glad you are happy finally and I am sure your brother thought he was doing the right thing. Hugs!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Sorry that was so long.

I'm glad that you found your reasons! I do understand the ex one--while I don't have an ex to want to lose weight before ever seeing again, one of my "reasons" for wanting so badly to get back on the wagon while struggling lately was that I'd be so embarrassed to face family and aquaintances back home if I gained the weight back. It would be so mortifying for me, like a public declaration of failure. :-/ Especially considering that it's very common for people to say "OH MY GOD, YOU GOT SO FAT!" in Arab culture and isn't considered to be something rude or unacceptable.

I am sorry that you put up with so much--I really feel for people who have been in abusive relationships, because although I was lucky enough to end up with a wonderful husband, my anxiety and extreme self-esteem issues make me know for sure that if I were in that kind of relationship, I'd never be able to get out.

People are so destructive to each other I just don't get it. Whatever your starting motivation is in the end it will be about you and for you. So enjoy the weight loss, I am glad you are happy finally and I am sure your brother thought he was doing the right thing. Hugs!

Funny I thought I was replying to Glinda but this applies to both statements! Replying while grazing a horse and being on my phone is hard!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I'm doubly ashamed of myself for enjoying the meal and not working out :(

I did this Thursday, ate a huge meal, thinking I was going to the gym and then didn't make it. I am not ashamed, however. In my almost two years here and 20+ battling bulimia and then just bingeing, I have finally learned that life happens and sometimes you just have to enjoy it when you get the chance. (At 21, I weighed 138, my boy fat was 7.5% and my BMR was 800. At 44, I weighed 200 lbs and told the "health coaches" at my job that I would rather be fat than purging. Praise G-d, I've found the middle ground.)

Confession: I just ate a brownie for breakfast. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options

Yes you do!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Heck yes you do!

Is this okay @Susieq_1994? :grimace: I'm trying to censor myself a bit more. :innocent:

"Heck" is a perfectly acceptable word, I use it myself. Your trying is appreciated! :)

I told my sister yesterday I thought something her boyfriend did was crummy. I keep saying Susie is cleaning up my language.

Which is awesome. :)
    @Susieq_1994 Thursday is my rest day because Friday is my weigh in. So I'm a brat too. ;)

That's good that you took it easier yesterday if your condition was going to flare up. Exercise is for health not to make you unwell.

Bratty us. ;) My husband doesn't care one way or another if it's weigh-in day or not--he won't make any special "allowances" to make his weigh-in look good. ;)

While I don't obsess about it, I confess that I always take measures to get prettier numbers--I eat earlier meals, drink more water, and choose a lower-sodium meal for dinner the day before the weigh-in. :p In Ramadan it's a bit different because of the fasting and eating times, so I tend to weigh in about an hour before iftar instead of right after waking up.

I weigh every day but if I was in a competition I would totally do this. And probably wrap myself in plastic the day before. ;)

lol! Someone's competitive! :p I'm way too lazy to do all that wrapping, though... ;)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    549ffa0c-2dbe-452c-9c96-fbe76b093aff_zpsgah2lnii.jpg

I learned something today! How to post a picture. :smile:

That is me in my wedding dress - and yes, I do have shiny butterfly wallpaper in my living room. Sorry if it is a little big.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @pofoster21 how did dinner go?

Thank for asking! It went well...the pasta was great and the cesear salad wasn't quite as good as in the past (not enough garlic on croutons) but they had never had it before so didn't know. :wink:

I did stay up too late and had more wine than planned but we had a good time and I may not see them again for a few years so oh well. But getting up at 3 am drive 3 hours to ride at 7 was hard!
  • Susieq_1994
    edited July 2015
    Options

That is me in my wedding dress - and yes, I do have shiny butterfly wallpaper in my living room. Sorry if it is a little big.

It's a lovely dress! Simple and not overly intricate--my kind of style. :) I see that I'm not the only one who feels the need to cover my face, though. ;)

Speaking of that, I forgot to address @pofoster21's comment about not being able to see me now. I don't actually have anything against any of the ladies in this thread seeing me--I just don't want to post my pictures openly in a public forum that anyone can access. I don't like having my pictures online for all to see. :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

It's a lovely dress! Simple and not overly intricate--my kind of style. :) I see that I'm not the only one who feels the need to cover my face, though. ;)

Speaking of that, I forgot to address @pofoster21's comment about not being able to see me now. I don't actually have anything against any of the ladies in this thread seeing me--I just don't want to post my pictures openly in a public forum that anyone can access. I don't like having my pictures online for all to see. :)

That's how I feel too.