Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time getting back to sticking within my calories since I got back from vacation. I took the rest of last week off from logging and the only day I have not gone over is Monday. I had a snack at like 10 PM last night and was going to be fine but then I decided to eat a chocolate chip muffin, chips, pretzels, and candy. Totally self-sabotaged my workout and day of healthy-ish eating. I did not really try to stop myself or muster up some willpower. Sigh. Today's a new day. I think I'm gonna do my workouts and "start fresh" with the eating on Monday since I know I'm going to pig out on Saturday.

Non-MFP/eating confession:

My most embarrassing moment is so embarrassing that I've only told three people in the eight years since it happened. I'm mostly taking it to the grave. All I'll say is that it happened in high school.

Oh, now we are dying to know!

I know it's evil of me to mention it without telling, but I just can't! It's too embarrassing! I've had quite a few of those moments, but at least I never accidentally called a teacher "mom." I have that going for me. ;)

Haha, I've called a teacher "mom" once...maybe twice. Pretty embarrassing!

I've never done that but several years ago, I was working on several projects very closely with the Maintenance manager of our facility. Hours of spreadsheets and tracking his department's man-hours. Three times, he called me Kathy (his wife's name). :open_mouth:

Yikes! I hope she never found out!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Anyone that knows me, knows I am a hoarder. However, not the kind you see on TV, my place is relatively clean and I do not have garbage. I have to have a certain level of things in my house to feel comfortable. I stock pile all kinds of things, mostly groceries and personal cleaning products such as shampoo and body wash etc…..I also have MASS amounts of medication in the house, in fact, it was not too long ago, that I kept a large storage box of insulin in the fridge, I mean, like a years supply. I have an irrational fear of running out of something important.

My SO has this... it seems to revolve mostly around grocery items like breakfast cereals and canned goods, toilet paper and OTC medications.

I do that as well. I have tons of extra canned goods, jars of food, shampoo, cereal, hygiene products... I currently have over 6 kilos (14-ish pounds?) of oats in my storage room when I'm the only one who eats them. :D
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Since I got so much love on my "SUPER GREAT" sticky note, I figured I'd take a picture and show it to everyone. My husband actually liked it and kept it by taking it off the middle of his screen and sticking it to the edges:

That's awesome lol!

I agree!! So cute! :)
    Also @Susieq_1994, I have the Fitbit One and I love it! So, just in case you still haven't made up your mind...don't rule out the One! :)

I'm sure I'd love both! I just can't decide if I want to buy the one with the heart rate monitor included or not. :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I have the flex and love it as well!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time getting back to sticking within my calories since I got back from vacation. I took the rest of last week off from logging and the only day I have not gone over is Monday. I had a snack at like 10 PM last night and was going to be fine but then I decided to eat a chocolate chip muffin, chips, pretzels, and candy. Totally self-sabotaged my workout and day of healthy-ish eating. I did not really try to stop myself or muster up some willpower. Sigh. Today's a new day. I think I'm gonna do my workouts and "start fresh" with the eating on Monday since I know I'm going to pig out on Saturday.

My most embarrassing moment is so embarrassing that I've only told three people in the eight years since it happened. I'm mostly taking it to the grave. All I'll say is that it happened in high school.

I know it's evil of me to mention it without telling, but I just can't! It's too embarrassing! I've had quite a few of those moments, but at least I never accidentally called a teacher "mom." I have that going for me. ;)

I've never done that but several years ago, I was working on several projects very closely with the Maintenance manager of our facility. Hours of spreadsheets and tracking his department's man-hours. Three times, he called me Kathy (his wife's name). :open_mouth:
    Eeek!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Sorry for all the posting right now, I should have combined them..
    Anyhow, so I ran my 13.1 miles this morning on the treadmill....but after going for my two walks with my son and being outside walking around most of the day for our neighborhood block party, I'm now up to 23.78 miles for the day! I've beaten my previous highest step count which was last year on May 31st by 6000ish...giving me a total as of right now of 45,675 steps. I've had a pretty good day. And I ate tons of "junk" food and don't even care! Happy 4th!

Wow!!
    Wow, indeed. I can't even imagine getting that many steps in!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    @Italian_Buju, thanks for opening up about your OCD. Hugs!

• Tubbs216
    Options
    Since I got so much love on my "SUPER GREAT" sticky note, I figured I'd take a picture and show it to everyone. My husband actually liked it and kept it by taking it off the middle of his screen and sticking it to the edges:

That's awesome lol!

I agree!! So cute! :)
    Also @Susieq_1994, I have the Fitbit One and I love it! So, just in case you still haven't made up your mind...don't rule out the One! :)
    Another vote for the One. I like that it's hidden! (I wear it on my bra)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    So my goals today:

10K steps - currently over 12 so good
    Calories in - I'm pretty close now and still am going to have a snack or two
    Housework - lots of it done.

So successful day for me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    So, I posted this as my status, but I thought I'd share it here too...

Well, I turned a negative into a positive and took advantage of my extra awake time. I hopped on the treadmill with plans to just do my regular speed walk/trot/run. But after the first few minutes, I felt pretty good(even with almost 4 extra pounds of water weight from yesterday's horrible eating) so I decided to set a goal and go for it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! I ran my first ever half marathon! I had to stop once for a bathroom break...but otherwise, never stopped. The longest I've ever run without stopping previously was 11ish miles. So, YAY!!
    And my other goal that I had posted in the Batcave the other day was to beat my highest step count which was 37,659. I should be able to crush it today because as of 6:48am, I am at 25,843. :)

Your step counts are awesome!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

LOL! One time I was fighting with my mom on the phone & then an interviewer called to let me know when my interview was & I accidentally said love you bye to them. I bet they thought what a weirdo!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I once had a text from my son saying "Love you too", followed up quickly by "Sorry, that was meant for someone else" :|
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju thank you for sharing that even though it was hard.

It was very informative.

Thanks

I find OCD is very misunderstood by a lot of people, so I like to share when I am comfortable and can. A lot of people, like someone else said, think it is just about liking things clean or organized, when in fact, some people with OCD are quite the opposite because they have some many other things going on in their head they do not have time to organize anything!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    @Italian_Buju Thanks for laying all that out there. It is very interesting to learn about. Some of the Obsessional stuff sounds like what I went through during Post-partum depression. I wanted to wreck my car on purpose when I was driving. I wonder if the two are somehow related?
    Oh wow, that could not have been easy to deal with!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Confession: I made out with my high school crush in the weight room during PE class. We never dated or anything. Just the one epic make-out session. o:)

Thinking about it makes me smile.

Haha! That made me smile too!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    @Italian_Buju thank you for sharing that. I'm pretty sure I have some tendencies, I do the repeated checking of my bag, I always used to eat all of one thing on my plate, although I have mostly managed now to stop doing that. I actually have a lot of weird things with food, which watching tv discovered a lot were things people with anorexia do, so I'm not sure how come I'm the size I am! I think a lot of mine are checking and ordering things, that I don't really realise I do. My mum knows if I've been round while she's out because if there's a pile of coins on the side it'll have been stacked in height order.

I think most people have some tendencies that can be considered OCD like.....the main difference is the focus and obsession in doing the task. It is odd though that so many people can have tendencies like that.

That worries me about the anorexia tendencies, have you talked to someone about that??
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Confession: I've been trying SO HARD lately to smother this depression that's been at my throat for quite a while now, and it's been so impossible no matter what I do. Exercise, keeping busy, housework, reading, prayer... Nothing seems to help for more than an hour or so. I'm so frustrated about it right now, and I just want to cry and give up--dealing with depression is a horrible, horrible thing.

I had a great day today after getting up. I kept the house tidy, made dinner, had a nice outing and dinner with my husband, did my stairs and even got in a walk. Each time, it's a bit like my happiness meter would bounce up a little, then slowly just drain back down to nothing again. Trying to pull myself out of this funk and attempting to "fake it till I make it" is sucking me dry of energy, and I just... Don't know what to do anymore. :( I only got out of bed a few hours ago, but I want to go and curl up into a ball under the covers and just stay there forever...

Sorry to be such a downer, but I just felt like I needed to get it out. :( I'm so sick and tired of feeling this way.

Hey I know previously you said you didn't want to take any medication for this but maybe it's time for anti depressants. I know several people who are on them or there kids are. Yes there are side effects and you need to look out for those especially the one where thoughts of suicide can happen but for those who got on them successfully they have been a life saver. Think about it.

XOXOXO

ETA messing this up again on phone!

Darn, switched to computer and realized I did the They're vs there mistake. But can't edit as its from my (now dead) phone that needs to charge. Oh, well.

I HATE when I catch mistakes WAY after the fact and cannot fix them! It drives me nuts!! I do that all the time....I even have found one today! UGH!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Confession: I made out with my high school crush in the weight room during PE class. We never dated or anything. Just the one epic make-out session. o:)

Thinking about it makes me smile.

Wow. Why didn't it go beyond that if you were attracted enough to do that? It made me smile too. :)

He had a current girlfriend. Oops. :#

Ha!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Here's another one, when I was around... 4-ish?

3whahffrp98y.jpg

Awww you are adorable! I know we can't see you now, but I'll bet you are beautiful. You have beautiful features. :)@susieqshusband is a lucky man. ;)

Agreed!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Well wishes for our little kitten Skye are welcomed today. She doesn't seem to be feeling well. Yesterday, she only ate a few bites of her dinner and definitely is wayyy more calm than her usual crazy self. This morning, she ate a teeny bit of food and then just slowly walked away...uninterested. I offered her some wet food and she ate a decent amount of it (at two separate points) a little later. She's just laying around though...so out of character. I'll watch her the rest of the day and make sure she continues eating (even if just a little) but will definitely make a vet appointment if she doesn't improve. It's so weird seeing her like this. :(

I hope she is feeling better. I agree with other folks...if she is not take her to a vet. It takes a lot of a cat to exhibit illness symptoms, if she is showing them she probably needs medical attention.

Thank you and @Italian_Buju (for asking earlier)...she is continuing to eat small amounts of the wet food when offered....but not interested in her regular dry food. She is drinking normally..and her trips to the litter box are normal. She has done a few things that are more her regular behavior...but she is still "off" and quite relaxed/lazy. Our vet is closed today for the holiday...but a trip to the emergency vet would never be ruled out if need be. If all stays ok for the today, we will get through today and then set up a check up at the regular vet for tomorrow to have her looked at.

How is she feeling tonight? Any changes??