Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    So this morning I had this conversation with my friend Stacy:
    S: What are you giving up? Coffee?
    Me: You know I'm not going to tell you. But thanks.
    S: For what?
    Me: For thinking I have enough faith to give up coffee for 47 days. That makes me feel good.

:p

My sister said she is giving up diet soda for Lent.

I once asked a manager what he could live without coffee or cigarettes. He responded definitely cigarettes.

I saw something today about how bad diet soda is for you. I had completely stopped drinking it but after giving up candy and wine, I need SOMETHING. I am not giving up diet mountain dew and diet dr. Pepper and diet coke. Not happening.

I always say you only live once :p. I need my Diet Mountain Dew to function & not go postal at work.

Exactly
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I owed you guys a few pics from my race this past weekend...jx9gdsco2uli.jpg
    i7vcavuh3aha.jpg
    txjfalcn5mvc.jpg
    mhdui2swj47d.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Options
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Emilia:
    121lc5rc7vma.jpg
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Nice pictures POF!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    asgentr wrote: »
    I bought a bag of popcorn thinking it would be a filling, tasty, low-calorie snack. On a stressful day I ate the whole bag, totaling something like 700 calories. Then I proceeded to eat chocolate for a snack and Indian food for dinner without weighing anything.

I am capable of eating 10 quarts of popcorn without a thought.

When hubby and I came home from our honeymoon I told him I was going to make popcorn. He said he did not want any. I proceeded to pop a giant stainless bowl of popcorn that was piled high above the bowl. He went to take a shower.

When he came out and saw that I had eaten all of it, he looked at me as if I ate his share.

I asked him if he wanted some and told him I could make more

He replied " No I didn't want any. But..
    You just ate enough for my mother and father, your mother and father, my brothers (3) your brother and sisters(3)
    Your aunts and uncles, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, your cousins ....."

At that point I stopped him and said I got his point so he would stop naming relatives.

This is now an item I defiantly measure out.
    Estimate to the best ability what you ate. It will help you out in the long run.

Weren't you the one that said your husband ate a ton of dried bananas then complained that his stomach hurt ;).

Yep that would be him approximately 10 years later.
    He wasn't being mean to me he was just teasing me at the time. I was laughing at him and his description.
    He is very much a once a day eater and can consume enormous amounts of calories in one setting. He does not nibble because it " ruiens his appetite and then he forgets to eat." This works for him.
    Me I need to eat at least 2 meals a day and am prone to nibbling on new things just to see what they taste like.
    Let's say our boys have seen a broad spectrum of eating habits likes and dislikes.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Proposed bingo words are:

Drowning peanut butter
    Eating from the trash
    Wearing trash bags
    Washing your sports bra in the shower
    Smelly workout clothes
    Commando workouts
    White chocolate wonderful
    Addicted to (fill in the blank)
    Quest bars
    My fitbit won't sync/charge
    Donuts
    Eating frosting from the container
    Eating cocoa powder
    Zinc
    Detox/teatox
    Embarrassed/nervous to go to gym
    Ice cream for dinner
    Grief bacon

Proposed rules:

Bingo begins this Sunday, February 7 - the game will go until one player has called five eligible words and the next game will begin on the following Sunday. I will be the first "caller" and track each players progress. The winner will be the "caller" for the next game so that no one wins twice in a row and because Mo is concerned that I won't be able to play.

Words are claimed by quoting the post with the word and a bingo square from the next column you need start with B and end with O

A player may not use the same word twice in the same game.

The first player to call an instance of the word gets it. (Mo and Quik, for example, can't both use the same post of "I need zinc.", but if two people suggest zinc to a person, then Mo could use one quote and Quik the other)

I am open to other words, but too many more might make the game too easy. I am open to rules suggestions as well.

Edit because auto correct doesn't like Quik and changed her name to quick.

@MoHousdon here are the words I posted for this game. Is that what you are looking for?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Proposed bingo words are:

Drowning peanut butter
    Eating from the trash
    Wearing trash bags
    Washing your sports bra in the shower
    Smelly workout clothes
    Commando workouts
    White chocolate wonderful
    Addicted to (fill in the blank)
    Quest bars
    My fitbit won't sync/charge
    Donuts
    Eating frosting from the container
    Eating cocoa powder
    Zinc
    Detox/teatox
    Embarrassed/nervous to go to gym
    Ice cream for dinner
    Grief bacon

Proposed rules:

Bingo begins this Sunday, February 7 - the game will go until one player has called five eligible words and the next game will begin on the following Sunday. I will be the first "caller" and track each players progress. The winner will be the "caller" for the next game so that no one wins twice in a row and because Mo is concerned that I won't be able to play.

Words are claimed by quoting the post with the word and a bingo square from the next column you need start with B and end with O

A player may not use the same word twice in the same game.

The first player to call an instance of the word gets it. (Mo and Quik, for example, can't both use the same post of "I need zinc.", but if two people suggest zinc to a person, then Mo could use one quote and Quik the other)

I am open to other words, but too many more might make the game too easy. I am open to rules suggestions as well.

Edit because auto correct doesn't like Quik and changed her name to quick.

@MoHousdon here are the words I posted for this game. Is that what you are looking for?

Yup.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to start doing something else for breakfast. I'm getting tired of drinking protein shakes every morning. :(
  • raymax4
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Daughter and I chose sleeping in over a hike. We will go for a run shortly.
    I confess: I slept in, and spent a good part of this morning googling gf chocolate lava cake recipes. I discovered I must go to Cost Plus World Market for more ramekins. Not that I need more than four, but I need enough to hold all the cake batter. Said chocolate lava cakes will be baked, topped with coconut milk chocolate ice cream (caramel was my first choice but not an option) and caramel sauce and fresh raspberries. This will follow up a meal of tortilla soup (I started making it last night - stock from scratch, then cook chicken in stock, the shred chicken into stock, filtering the stock through cheesecloth each time to remove little things. Last step, add in all the veggies and chilis and cook until veggies are done, serve with corn tortillas cut into strips and fresh cilantro.
    Super Bowl. It is all about the gathering of friends and family and food. Oh, and football too. XO

On the plus side, I was down two pounds this morning. :smiley:

Oh my word.
    I just ate breakfast. Then followed it by drinking my 6 cup container of water in record speed so I could pour a ruptured monster into it, and that description still made me drool.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Confession: whenever I have an exam in the morning I eat dessert for breakfast. I'm not sure where this belief/practice came from, but vegan coconut cookies are delicious, so :)
  • raymax4
    Options
    This is what my sister and I did during Super Bowl. It was hard, and fun, and everyone else was having a good time finding things we had to do. I'm surprised I'm not more sore this morning!

Confession: After about 40 or 50, I had to revert to knee push-ups. :# And, yes, I did the Macarena. :D

izij6p69kjp5.jpg

Impressive! Quick you are really killing it across the board! Truly impressive
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Me: For thinking I have enough faith to give up coffee for 47 days. That makes me feel good.

I once asked a manager what he could live without coffee or cigarettes. He responded definitely cigarettes.

I saw something today about how bad diet soda is for you. I had completely stopped drinking it but after giving up candy and wine, I need SOMETHING. I am not giving up diet mountain dew and diet dr. Pepper and diet coke. Not happening.

I figure I'm going to die of something... I don't drink a lot of soda, but when I do, it's diet. *shrug

Same here. I won't be giving up diet soda. I don't necessarily need it, but when I want it I'm going to drink it.
    Nobody in my life wants me to give up coffee, trust me.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Confession: whenever I have an exam in the morning I eat dessert for breakfast. I'm not sure where this belief/practice came from, but vegan coconut cookies are delicious, so :)

Whenever there are cookies in the work kitchen, I have dessert in addition to breakfast. :tongue:

Vegan coconut cookies sound delicious.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I think this is a fabulous idea. Do you ace your exams, @LadyAbsynthe?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Does it work? Are your grades better?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I figure I'm going to die of something... I don't drink a lot of soda, but when I do, it's diet. *shrug

Same here. I won't be giving up diet soda. I don't necessarily need it, but when I want it I'm going to drink it.
    Nobody in my life wants me to give up coffee, trust me.

No one on my life wants me to either, which I why I was pleased Stacy thinks I could.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

Of course! ;)
    related fun fact: according to Russian superstition, you shouldn't make your bed on the day of an exam. So I have an excuse to be lazy *and* eat cookies for breakfast.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Of course! ;)
    related fun fact: according to Russian superstition, you shouldn't make your bed on the day of an exam. So I have an excuse to be lazy *and* eat cookies for breakfast.

Totally stealing. I'm done with school (unless someone wants to gift me about $150K to pay off my current loans and get a PhD), but I'm sure some of my job would qualify as an "exam." In fact, I think my life in general qualifies as an on-going exam. That's why I don't make my bed.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Nice pictures POF!

Agree :)