Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time getting back to sticking within my calories since I got back from vacation. I took the rest of last week off from logging and the only day I have not gone over is Monday. I had a snack at like 10 PM last night and was going to be fine but then I decided to eat a chocolate chip muffin, chips, pretzels, and candy. Totally self-sabotaged my workout and day of healthy-ish eating. I did not really try to stop myself or muster up some willpower. Sigh. Today's a new day. I think I'm gonna do my workouts and "start fresh" with the eating on Monday since I know I'm going to pig out on Saturday.

Non-MFP/eating confession:

My most embarrassing moment is so embarrassing that I've only told three people in the eight years since it happened. I'm mostly taking it to the grave. All I'll say is that it happened in high school.

I confessed about my lack of willpower earlier too! & ditto on thinking that I'm not going to find it this weekend. Too many cookouts!

@Lefty1290, I've been having a pretty tough time lately too - it's a hard time of year for me because there seems to be so many parties, trips, etc. and sometimes you just want to try all the food and not fill up your plate with vegetables and chicken AGAIN - but I'm trying hard to stop making excuses for every occasion. I was in maintenance for ages before my wedding in May, when I lost a few extra pounds but then was too small for my dress and had to do an emergency pig out, but all that yoyoing messed with me and I've been having a really tough time dealing with it. And now I hate my body worse than usual because I'm carrying some extra still. It's hard.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I ignored my Fitbit adjustment this week because I know my willpower is going into a big ol' burger, pancakes, and a bunch of ice cream tomorrow.

It's the last real road trip of the summer so I'm not gonna beat myself up about whatever I end up logging tomorrow.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Here's another one, when I was around... 4-ish?
    Hello, young Emma Watson!
    peleroja wrote: »

Totally! That photo is absolutely tiny-Hermione-Granger.

I get that ALL THE TIME, for some reason. I don't see the resemblance! :o
  • peleroja
    Options

Totally! That photo is absolutely tiny-Hermione-Granger.

I get that ALL THE TIME, for some reason. I don't see the resemblance! :o

That's a flattering comparison! She is gorgeous (and seems to be a pretty brainy woman in real life too.)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    @susieq_1994 Are you trying to tell me beet ice cream doesn't sound delicious?

Well, let's just say that if someone tried to serve me carrot ice cream, I'd be VERY tempted to dump it over their head...
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Cute baby/kid pictures, everyone! I'll try to find some of mine.
    Thanks for all the well wishes for Skye. She is eating a bit of the wet food each time I offer it to her. I called the vet...they seem to think she's "ok" for now as long as she continues eating and drinking. Keeping a close eye on her for any major changes and off to the vet we will go!

• peleroja
    Options

Well, let's just say that if someone tried to serve me carrot ice cream, I'd be VERY tempted to dump it over their head...

I had carrot cake ice cream once that was a.m.a.z.i.n.g. but I think it was due to the nutmeg/cloves and cream cheese rather than the carrot.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

I had carrot cake ice cream once that was a.m.a.z.i.n.g. but I think it was due to the nutmeg/cloves and cream cheese rather than the carrot.

Ahhh!! I need to find some of that!! (As I drool on my keyboard).
    Also, totally not hungry AT ALL right now but I want to eat everything in the world... my son better wake up from his nap soon to get me out of the house or this day could turn into a disaster!!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Happy 4th of July to all the Americans here! I'm secretly cussing myself out because I didn't think to take Thursday and Friday off (making a mini vacation with the weekend off) oh well!
    Now I'm wondering what I am going to do today during work, since yall are off and partying :(

Us Canadians should still be around!

ETA: Unless they were smart and booked off Thursday & Friday after our Wednesday holiday.

If I'd have been willing to burn two vacation days, I'd have used them on Monday and Tuesday... Friday is usually the best day to be here... lighter mood, happier coworkers. When it lands on a Tuesday or Thursday I'll book a day off to make a 4-day weekend.

eta: I have ancient (B&W anyone? lol) toddler pics of me at home, let's see if I can remember to post them later.

Some pics I can see (susieq's adorable dark-eyed pics) and some are blocked... so weird.

Probably because some come from websites while mine are attachments straight from my computer files? :)

Ahhh... you're quite technologically adept! I'm always terrifically impressed by your graphics skills... I struggle to get an image posted, let alone a screen shot with circles drawn on it.

By the way, your hair colour at age 4 is my original natural colour.
    Since I stopped colouring it I'm pretty much just letting it grow into a mane, I can't bring myself to care. I figure as long as it's tied back, no one at the office can care that it's way too long and looks more like 70s teenager than office appropriate. I'm going to be that old lady with the long white braid eventually, I think.

My uncle's mother (no, not my grandmother, he was my uncle by virtue of being married to my aunt) was one of those old ladies and I thought she was the most elegant creature, so I have great admiration for long white braids. When I learned that she had been placed in a seniors' home, my first thought was one of horror that the staff probably cut off her hair to make it easier to care for.
  • peleroja
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Happy 4th of July to all the Americans here! I'm secretly cussing myself out because I didn't think to take Thursday and Friday off (making a mini vacation with the weekend off) oh well!
    Now I'm wondering what I am going to do today during work, since yall are off and partying :(

Us Canadians should still be around!

ETA: Unless they were smart and booked off Thursday & Friday after our Wednesday holiday.

If I'd have been willing to burn two vacation days, I'd have used them on Monday and Tuesday... Friday is usually the best day to be here... lighter mood, happier coworkers. When it lands on a Tuesday or Thursday I'll book a day off to make a 4-day weekend.

eta: I have ancient (B&W anyone? lol) toddler pics of me at home, let's see if I can remember to post them later.

Some pics I can see (susieq's adorable dark-eyed pics) and some are blocked... so weird.

Probably because some come from websites while mine are attachments straight from my computer files? :)

Ahhh... you're quite technologically adept! I'm always terrifically impressed by your graphics skills... I struggle to get an image posted, let alone a screen shot with circles drawn on it.

By the way, your hair colour at age 4 is my original natural colour.
    Since I stopped colouring it I'm pretty much just letting it grow into a mane, I can't bring myself to care. I figure as long as it's tied back, no one at the office can care that it's way too long and looks more like 70s teenager than office appropriate. I'm going to be that old lady with the long white braid eventually, I think.

My uncle's mother (no, not my grandmother, he was my uncle by virtue of being married to my aunt) was one of those old ladies and I thought she was the most elegant creature, so I have great admiration for long white braids. When I learned that she had been placed in a seniors' home, my first thought was one of horror that the staff probably cut off her hair to make it easier to care for.

I had a prof with one once too and I adored it. I think long hair, if cared for and styled (not left down, usually...to me anyway) looks beautiful on older women whose hair hasn't thinned too much. No need for the short blue curls!
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Ahhh!! I need to find some of that!! (As I drool on my keyboard).
    Also, totally not hungry AT ALL right now but I want to eat everything in the world... my son better wake up from his nap soon to get me out of the house or this day could turn into a disaster!!!

That was a seasonal flavour by Marble Slab (I think that's like Canadian Cold Stone?) so I don't think it's something to look for in the grocery store, unfortunately...
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 that picture of your little brother cracks me up, what a perfect representation of what I picture when I think of "little brothers" as I have two who are 18 and 21 this year but I still think of them with their blonde mops of messy hair and scowls on their faces haha
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 @peleroja @kecmw25 what cute little babies you all were!! I love looking at people's baby pictures and then comparing them to what they look like in present time! How adorable were y'all! <3
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Welcome
    Back @lefty1290! Sorry you had a tough time I was too but I'm happy to see you posting again!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    u4d8v63qhxs1.jpg

My daddy and me ❤️
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I was very blonde growing up and then maybe 9th grade turned more
    Brunette?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I keep meaning to try actual carrot cake. When I still had the Russell Stover eggs, carrot cake was one of my favorites.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    kmw1hmhufcn4.jpg

Rocking a nice bowl cut- thanks mom
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Rocking a nice bowl cut- thanks mom

Ok, now I HAVE to find an old picture of me! I had a bowl too! :)
  • peleroja
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 @peleroja @kecmw25 what cute little babies you all were!! I love looking at people's baby pictures and then comparing them to what they look like in present time! How adorable were y'all! <3

I look exactly the same, don't worry:

Doc2_zpsv6h3cxq5.jpg
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Hahaha @peleroj you are hilarious! Such a cute baby picture!