Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 @peleroja @kecmw25 what cute little babies you all were!! I love looking at people's baby pictures and then comparing them to what they look like in present time! How adorable were y'all! <3

I look exactly the same, don't worry:

Doc2_zpsv6h3cxq5.jpg

Yep, you're still adorable!!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Hahaha @peleroj you are hilarious! Such a cute baby picture!

I think it's best if you really picture me taking that photo in my office just now. With the door open.

My poor coworkers.
  • kecmw25
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Just to illustrate how weird I am, this morning on my run I had a stretch of 3 songs that went like this:

Sold (Grundy County Auction) by John Michael Montgomery
    Still Not A Player by Big Punisher
    Thunder Kiss '65 by White Zombie

I also think this dates me a little.

Please don't judge that I haven't figured out how to use the shuffle on my iPhone

Similar mix of music as me. Pop, country, hip hop, blues, show tunes, you name it, it's on my iPod.

It makes me feel better to know that my musical tastes are not all that weird :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 @peleroja @kecmw25 what cute little babies you all were!! I love looking at people's baby pictures and then comparing them to what they look like in present time! How adorable were y'all! <3

Omg, I'm dying!!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Omg, I'm dying!!

All those Americans who took today off are really going to regret leaving me mostly unsupervised in this thread.
  • kecmw25
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Omg, I'm dying!!

All those Americans who took today off are really going to regret leaving me mostly unsupervised in this thread.

I'm an American who is stuck working today and I am <3 ing you!!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm so excited to see Inside Out tonight!!! I missed out on it in Punta Cana but have been hearing really great things. I also got to read The Martian on the beach and am stoked that the movie is coming out closer than I realized... I just hope it turns out great. The guy who wrote it is pretty much a genius in my eyes (I think he has been a software engineer since he was 15?)

@peleroja Love the comparison shot :lol:
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    My sister still is not here.....crossing the border on the Friday afternoon, on an American long weekend is brutal....

She said she would be here around noon.....then she said more like 2.....then said ETA was more like 3.....it is 3 now, and she just text and said they are stuck in traffic so heavy they cannot even SEE the border yet.....

:s
  • FluffySandwich
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My sister still is not here.....crossing the border on the Friday afternoon, on an American long weekend is brutal....

She said she would be here around noon.....then she said more like 2.....then said ETA was more like 3.....it is 3 now, and she just text and said they are stuck in traffic so heavy they cannot even SEE the border yet.....

:s

My boyfriend's dad drove us home from the airport yesterday in Montreal... and the traffic was brutal. I HATE getting stuck in traffic.... especially since I am prone to panicking when I feel cornered/stuck (I thought I was going to have to get out and throw up in front of everyone). I didn't even think it might be because 4th of July/Canada Day, but that makes sense. I hope your sister will be on board for 4 (or 5... or as early as possible?)... good luck to you and her!
  • kecmw25
    Options
    So I pretty much only check the forums when working :) I took me all week to get caught up from last weekend! I was a little busier than usual doing my job and all this week. That said, I am so mad that I have to work today so I have absolutely no intention of doing any actual work today. I have a couple of long walks around the building planned, chit chatting with anyone I can find and, you know, this thread. They really should have let me have the day off...

I'm going to be that dork who quotes myself. I have about 30 minutes left in my work day so this is how I did with my list of "goals"

No intention of doing any actual work: check, the 2 pathetic piles of papers that I had on my desk are still there

Long walk around the building: check, twice

Chit-chatting: well there aren't too many people here today but I did manage to chat with a couple of them

This thread: check :)

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Maybe with the holiday weekend it will be a little slower on the thread and it will only take me until Wed to catch up instead of Thur or Fri
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Traffic around Houston is already awful. I can't even imagine how it's going to be tomorrow lol.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    I confess that I forgot all about the 4th of July... making me a terrible American! Now I am a little bit left out because all my friends and family back home are celebrating. Pictures are popping up on Facebook and I kind of want in on the celebration :lol:
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Doc2_zpsv6h3cxq5.jpg

Hahaha, that's too funny.

ETA: Could be a new profile pic...? lol
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to see Inside Out tonight!!! I missed out on it in Punta Cana but have been hearing really great things. I also got to read The Martian on the beach and am stoked that the movie is coming out closer than I realized... I just hope it turns out great. The guy who wrote it is pretty much a genius in my eyes (I think he has been a software engineer since he was 15?)

@peleroja Love the comparison shot :lol:
    I just got back from seeing it. I liked it, didn't love it. Some of the ideas were surprisingly deep (although probably not that surprising, seeing as it's Pixar). I wonder if you'll hate the short film before as much as everyone in my family!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Doc2_zpsv6h3cxq5.jpg
    Cute!

• Tubbs216
    Options
    The train is back on the track, everybody!
    I did a 30 minute run this morning, and am on point for calories today. Feeling ok.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    @susieq_1994 Are you trying to tell me beet ice cream doesn't sound delicious?

Well, let's just say that if someone tried to serve me carrot ice cream, I'd be VERY tempted to dump it over their head...

I had carrot cake ice cream once that was a.m.a.z.i.n.g. but I think it was due to the nutmeg/cloves and cream cheese rather than the carrot.

Well, if you read the blog post, it was basically saying to make a plain cream base and then add carrot chunks... Sounds delicious, right?
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Safely arrived in Glasgow. We haven't killed each other yet
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    So I pretty much only check the forums when working :) I took me all week to get caught up from last weekend! I was a little busier than usual doing my job and all this week. That said, I am so mad that I have to work today so I have absolutely no intention of doing any actual work today. I have a couple of long walks around the building planned, chit chatting with anyone I can find and, you know, this thread. They really should have let me have the day off...

I'm going to be that dork who quotes myself. I have about 30 minutes left in my work day so this is how I did with my list of "goals"

No intention of doing any actual work: check, the 2 pathetic piles of papers that I had on my desk are still there

Long walk around the building: check, twice

Chit-chatting: well there aren't too many people here today but I did manage to chat with a couple of them

This thread: check :)

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Maybe with the holiday weekend it will be a little slower on the thread and it will only take me until Wed to catch up instead of Thur or Fri
    Enjoy your holiday, glad you did so well with your goals, especially chit-chat!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Safely arrived in Glasgow. We haven't killed each other yet
    Well, that's a good start to the weekend, at least! What's the weather likely to be like for your climb?