Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Myles you should totally try a triathlon it's a great community with wonderful people who help and support one another.

BTW the trail run was HARD! I managed not to fall. We missed a turn so only ran 11.5 miles vs. the planned 13.1 and I was grateful. I will be sore tomorrow.

When I get the go ahead to run again, I will look into that for sure. :)

Hey, you finished even with the short cut. That is excellent. Was the terrain hilly? I've only ever run a 13.1 on a 10 ft (over the whole course) elevation change.

Extremely hilly. My hips and glutes are killing me. It was beautiful and very fun. I'll post some pics later.

Clearly I need to do a lot more of this before tackling the JFK 50 miler in the fall.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Better?

bdjs25tnep34.jpg

Is this the bingo card for Sunday?

Yep...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Congratulations Quik for rocking your 5k tonight!
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Myles you should totally try a triathlon it's a great community with wonderful people who help and support one another.

BTW the trail run was HARD! I managed not to fall. We missed a turn so only ran 11.5 miles vs. the planned 13.1 and I was grateful. I will be sore tomorrow.

When I get the go ahead to run again, I will look into that for sure. :)

Hey, you finished even with the short cut. That is excellent. Was the terrain hilly? I've only ever run a 13.1 on a 10 ft (over the whole course) elevation change.

Extremely hilly. My hips and glutes are killing me. It was beautiful and very fun. I'll post some pics later.

Clearly I need to do a lot more of this before tackling the JFK 50 miler in the fall.

You are my hero. I can't even think about 13 miles of "extremely hilly". I hope you can walk tomorrow. :p
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    chimpy123 wrote: »
    I can't keep junk in the house or I will eat it all...in one sitting. There have been chocolate cream pies that have disappeared in an evening...there are only two ppl in my household. I put signs on the pie that say things like "don't eat this, you will regret it" in an effort to discourage myself from eating it all and then my fiancée will walk into the kitchen and find me with a mouthful of pie and I yell "I regret nothing!" and keep eating...so yeah, not an ounce of junk in our house now.

Also, when I was really trying to restrict my intake (bad idea, I know now) I have stopped at the bakery on the way home from work saying "oh, we just need some bread" and then I will buy half a dozen doughnuts and scarf two or three of them on the way home...

I'm totally a binge eater

B-5
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    chimpy123 wrote: »
    I can't keep junk in the house or I will eat it all...in one sitting. There have been chocolate cream pies that have disappeared in an evening...there are only two ppl in my household. I put signs on the pie that say things like "don't eat this, you will regret it" in an effort to discourage myself from eating it all and then my fiancée will walk into the kitchen and find me with a mouthful of pie and I yell "I regret nothing!" and keep eating...so yeah, not an ounce of junk in our house now.

Also, when I was really trying to restrict my intake (bad idea, I know now) I have stopped at the bakery on the way home from work saying "oh, we just need some bread" and then I will buy half a dozen doughnuts and scarf two or three of them on the way home...

I'm totally a binge eater

B-5

IT DOESN'T START TIL TOMORROW!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Thanks! 34:59! My fastest 5K ever!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options

All that weight lifting is paying off in strength! Woot woot!
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Way to go!

• quiksylver296
    Options

It must be true. I've never had a sub-40 5K before, much less sub-35!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Way to go!

Thanks! I'm super excited!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Fitness overall helps. Now you need to do some speedwork!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I decided to try running for 3 miles without stopping today to get ready for the 5K
    This is what I did

Got home and showed hubby
    He smiled and told me he had signed up for the prediction race and guessed 35 minutes.

I'm super excited about this because I haven't run more that a mile strait without stopping before.
    Great job!!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

Fitness overall helps. Now you need to do some speedwork!

QFT! (Great job, BTW!)
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    @Oberon21 We have some pretty awesome trail runs around here, I've been meaning to do one. I love trail running! Great job on yours!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kristib12 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I have done that too!!! haha
    I'd also like to confess I just finished my 3rd beer and I'm ready for another one. It will be the 3rd time I have had alcohol this year. I knew I should have just bought singles but the lovely craft ones only come in a box. What's a girl to do? No way I'm pouring water in them and throwing them out. lol

@Italian_Buju, on this! Bingo!

I thought it was only drowning PB?

Melissa - since you made the rules, you call it!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Way to go POF!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Son is on the mend. His ear stopped bleeding. Infection is decreasing and only ear canal was damaged. He didn't puncture his ear drum. :smile:

Good news! Hopefully he will heal quickly.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Thank-you Nonoelmo Crosbylee, Peleroja, and Patricia, about the 5K It was a big surprise for me. Kinda like getting candy at the end of the day as a reward for being good.

Patricia, How did the race go?

Kelly_c Ha! Funny there was several times I saw things yesterday that I thought of the game too.

Myles, I wish you could be able to run again too, I know what you mean about being able to relax and clear your mind when out running. It does that for mede too. I have done water aerobics before but it is much more social. It also can be as strong or light as you make it. I have never tried water running like you describe, it sounds hard especially in the deep end. Do you do it alone or in a group?

You did have a great time there, Wendy. my attitude toward running is that I hate it unless I have something to pray about, in which case run and pray until you feel better.

I have actually began to like exercise more every day. It was not always this way. Running when under stress does help significantly. The run I showed was a practice run on my own using Digifit to see if I could actually run a 5k. I was pleased just to have been able to run for 3 miles straight. I was very surprised at the time.
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I bought a bag of popcorn thinking it would be a filling, tasty, low-calorie snack. On a stressful day I ate the whole bag, totaling something like 700 calories. Then I proceeded to eat chocolate for a snack and Indian food for dinner without weighing anything.