Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I have been fudging my calorie total since October due to candy.

Halloween candy?

You could always take the leftovers to work & put it in the break room.

I confess I've ate like a fat pig the past two days (Saturday/Sunday) & have gained a crazy amount of water weight. I'm mad at myself, but will get back to it today.

I still think one of my biggest triggers is eating too early in the morning. I think I'm going to start eating around 11:00 AM for my first meal (the time might fluctuate based off my work schedule) & then eat my later meal around 7-8 at night. This way I figure I can cut down on mindless snacking & at the same time include mini snacks with my main meals.

My trigger is vacation. I was off the last two days and ate so bad. :( I'm going to be up about 5 lbs again! :/

I've been on vacation the past week, and I did the same thing. Total pig out city! I should be better once I go back to work.

Kellyjelly and Froggy, you both had time off from work and birthdays to celebrate. You had reasons to eat delicious things. Back to work, back on track. You've both got this!

1000 calorie pb&j sandwich sounds amazing.

:o:'( I'm so sorry I missed your birthdays. I hope you had a great time.
  • raymax4
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Now that I've seen the bingo card....

DONUT!

1 - 2 -3 GO!

DANG IT!!! Kind of ironic that I missed out on this because I was getting a Panera bagel. :D

You can have this one, Quik. I'll enjoy my calorie laden bagel as consolation.
    udj7pe5ghsdw.jpg
    Asiago cheese one of my favorites, The other is jalapeno but they don't have those all the time.
  • raymax4
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Now that I've seen the bingo card....

DONUT!

1 - 2 -3 GO!

DANG IT!!! Kind of ironic that I missed out on this because I was getting a Panera bagel. :D

You can have this one, Quik. I'll enjoy my calorie laden bagel as consultation.
    udj7pe5ghsdw.jpg

You mean as consolation? >:)

How is that a bagel? Where's the hole? I don't understand!
    It is filled with asiago cheese.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Thank-you Nonoelmo Crosbylee, Peleroja, and Patricia, about the 5K It was a big surprise for me. Kinda like getting candy at the end of the day as a reward for being good.

Patricia, How did the race go?

Kelly_c Ha! Funny there was several times I saw things yesterday that I thought of the game too.

Myles, I wish you could be able to run again too, I know what you mean about being able to relax and clear your mind when out running. It does that for mede too. I have done water aerobics before but it is much more social. It also can be as strong or light as you make it. I have never tried water running like you describe, it sounds hard especially in the deep end. Do you do it alone or in a group?

You did have a great time there, Wendy. my attitude toward running is that I hate it unless I have something to pray about, in which case run and pray until you feel better.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Son is on the mend. His ear stopped bleeding. Infection is decreasing and only ear canal was damaged. He didn't puncture his ear drum. :smile:

Awesome news!
  • raymax4
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I'll eat all the chocolate that you are all giving up for Lent! :smiley:

I'll help. I did so good from September till New Years. Now I've been nibbling a lot. I got a stash too.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Patricia, thank you for the Valentine card! How sweet you are x <3 x

Also, I need to ask you about feeding horses treats. Is there an etiquette to it? There are 8 horses who live on Batcave Acres at the moment, and I would love to give them treats, but I wondered if it's a no-no unless the owner has specifically approved it? (A bit like how most parents wouldn't be ok with someone randomly giving their kid candy..?) Thoughts?

I would ask the owner. But typically carrots or apples are fine but you should ask just to be polite. Or peppermints! Some horses bite so you want to be sure you get a sense of the horses. Also make sure you hold your hand completely flat they will then just pick it up off your hand. People make the mistake of wrapping their fingers around the food so the horses accidentally bite them.

A lot of owners discourage hand feeding because it can lead to biting behavior or the horses being pushy or rude. Which you don't want to teach them. :)

You'll have to take pictures and post or send them to me. I can't wait to see them!
    Thanks! I did buy some peppermint horse cookies but didn't know about whether it was ok to feed them, so I wanted to check. I do know how to do it though, because I used to ride when I was young (fell and broke my wrist really badly when I was 12 and never rode much again after that). I'll take some pics next time I'm out. They all seem to be very friendly and interested - they all come and say hi, and follow us around.

Good luck with your race today!

Then I am sure you will be fine feeding them the treats!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    All this dishwasher judgement is exactly why I almost never do the dishes.

Bahaha Ceci <3

It's because you do the baking. In my house you wouldn't be allowed to do the dishes. Because fairness. B)

What is this word of which you speak?! I do not recognize it.

It only occurs in houses without children. Sorry :'(

Yes! Cleaning dishes was so much easier without kids.

I thought she meant fairness. Although cleaning dishes is easier without kids too..

You know! That is the only part about my son moving to school I will enjoy, that I can go out with a clean kitchen and come home to a CLEAN kitchen!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I know it's not sunday, but I call bingo!

On what?
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thank-you Nonoelmo Crosbylee, Peleroja, and Patricia, about the 5K It was a big surprise for me. Kinda like getting candy at the end of the day as a reward for being good.

Patricia, How did the race go?

Kelly_c Ha! Funny there was several times I saw things yesterday that I thought of the game too.

Myles, I wish you could be able to run again too, I know what you mean about being able to relax and clear your mind when out running. It does that for mede too. I have done water aerobics before but it is much more social. It also can be as strong or light as you make it. I have never tried water running like you describe, it sounds hard especially in the deep end. Do you do it alone or in a group?

I do it on my own during the adult lap time at the pool. I pretty much have to schedule myself around my kids, and so I get the time when they are at school to do stuff, and the classes and groups aren't until the evening.
    Good news is my running partner has said that her husband teaches one of the swim teams here, and he has offered to coach me in swimming if I want him too. So yay, if I choose to actually try a tri, I have a coach.

And your run time is what I worked up to after 2 years, Excellent job!! You will totally get that 5k in 35 minutes.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    All this dishwasher judgement is exactly why I almost never do the dishes.

Bahaha Ceci <3

It's because you do the baking. In my house you wouldn't be allowed to do the dishes. Because fairness. B)

What is this word of which you speak?! I do not recognize it.

It only occurs in houses without children. Sorry :'(

Yes! Cleaning dishes was so much easier without kids.

I thought she meant fairness. Although cleaning dishes is easier without kids too..

You know! That is the only part about my son moving to school I will enjoy, that I can go out with a clean kitchen and come home to a CLEAN kitchen!

I am that way about the picking up of the legos. Its nice to be able to go in and out of their room and not have to wear like steel boots to not injure myself.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I have been fudging my calorie total since October due to candy.

Halloween candy?

You could always take the leftovers to work & put it in the break room.

I confess I've ate like a fat pig the past two days (Saturday/Sunday) & have gained a crazy amount of water weight. I'm mad at myself, but will get back to it today.

I still think one of my biggest triggers is eating too early in the morning. I think I'm going to start eating around 11:00 AM for my first meal (the time might fluctuate based off my work schedule) & then eat my later meal around 7-8 at night. This way I figure I can cut down on mindless snacking & at the same time include mini snacks with my main meals.

My trigger is vacation. I was off the last two days and ate so bad. :( I'm going to be up about 5 lbs again! :/

I've been on vacation the past week, and I did the same thing. Total pig out city! I should be better once I go back to work.

Kellyjelly and Froggy, you both had time off from work and birthdays to celebrate. You had reasons to eat delicious things. Back to work, back on track. You've both got this!

1000 calorie pb&j sandwich sounds amazing.

:o:'( I'm so sorry I missed your birthdays. I hope you had a great time.

It was Kelly's birthday but Froggy was celebrating her sister's birthday..so you didn't actually miss hers! :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Myles you should totally try a triathlon it's a great community with wonderful people who help and support one another.

BTW the trail run was HARD! I managed not to fall. We missed a turn so only ran 11.5 miles vs. the planned 13.1 and I was grateful. I will be sore tomorrow.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kristib12 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I have done that too!!! haha
    I'd also like to confess I just finished my 3rd beer and I'm ready for another one. It will be the 3rd time I have had alcohol this year. I knew I should have just bought singles but the lovely craft ones only come in a box. What's a girl to do? No way I'm pouring water in them and throwing them out. lol

@Italian_Buju, on this! Bingo!
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Myles you should totally try a triathlon it's a great community with wonderful people who help and support one another.

BTW the trail run was HARD! I managed not to fall. We missed a turn so only ran 11.5 miles vs. the planned 13.1 and I was grateful. I will be sore tomorrow.

When I get the go ahead to run again, I will look into that for sure. :)

Hey, you finished even with the short cut. That is excellent. Was the terrain hilly? I've only ever run a 13.1 on a 10 ft (over the whole course) elevation change.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Once in a while, I buy a container of cake frosting. I usually eat 1/3 of the can at a sitting.

Hi Christyk welcome to the thread. I've done that. Worse when I make frosting for my cakes I often make too much on purpose. Awe shucks we can't let this go to waste. I must save my children from this. Cream cheese and german chocolate cake frostings are my downfall.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Better?

bdjs25tnep34.jpg

Is this the bingo card for Sunday?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Awesome job Pof! Glad you didn't fall.
  • chimpy123
    chimpy123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can't keep junk in the house or I will eat it all...in one sitting. There have been chocolate cream pies that have disappeared in an evening...there are only two ppl in my household. I put signs on the pie that say things like "don't eat this, you will regret it" in an effort to discourage myself from eating it all and then my fiancée will walk into the kitchen and find me with a mouthful of pie and I yell "I regret nothing!" and keep eating...so yeah, not an ounce of junk in our house now.

Also, when I was really trying to restrict my intake (bad idea, I know now) I have stopped at the bakery on the way home from work saying "oh, we just need some bread" and then I will buy half a dozen doughnuts and scarf two or three of them on the way home...

I'm totally a binge eater
  • Oberon21
    Options

Awesome job Pof! Glad you didn't fall.

Me too! Thanks!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    chimpy123 wrote: »
    I can't keep junk in the house or I will eat it all...in one sitting. There have been chocolate cream pies that have disappeared in an evening...there are only two ppl in my household. I put signs on the pie that say things like "don't eat this, you will regret it" in an effort to discourage myself from eating it all and then my fiancée will walk into the kitchen and find me with a mouthful of pie and I yell "I regret nothing!" and keep eating...so yeah, not an ounce of junk in our house now.

Also, when I was really trying to restrict my intake (bad idea, I know now) I have stopped at the bakery on the way home from work saying "oh, we just need some bread" and then I will buy half a dozen doughnuts and scarf two or three of them on the way home...

I'm totally a binge eater

Many have been there. I keep nothing in the house for that reason as well. It won't last.

Welcome.