Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Son is slowly healing. I ran home to head off a melt down. He's a very smart kid with some very big challenges. <3

Busy day here
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    My lent. To give up saying negative things.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I'm not at all Catholic but I used to be married to a nonpracticing Catholic man.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Did any of you watch Skintight last night?

The one guy featured was/is he a member of MFP? His name was Brian/Bryan & he's a music teacher.

Either that or I read about him on Yahoo News for losing a lot of weight.

What is skintight?

It's a new show on TLC that airs after My 600 Pound Life. The show details how they lost weight, their struggles with the surgery, and how they look after the surgery.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »

You need to have the fizzy powder version of sherbet. Will rot your teeth and maybe make you hyperactive but it's awesome !

I've had Pop Rocks and Pixy Stix and I think my eating-straight-sugar days are probably behind me...stuff like that is what you remember fondly from your childhood but when you actually taste it again it is NOT what you remember, lol.

I'm the same with Chef Boyardee.

The one I never liked was Spaghettio's! I hated the sauce.

Kraft macaroni and cheese. Ick. Chefs Boyardee would probably be the same. Ramen noodles...

I also cannot stand a lot of the Hamburger Helper/Noodles that come in the bag since my mom made them a lot growing up. The worst thing she made was this horrendous tasting broccoli/cauliflower surprise meal.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    *ahem* that might be a good one too, I know I've seen that before.

Yeah, I may have been involved in that original confession.

No judgement, cream cheese frosting is one of the most delicious things on earth IMO.

I ate a whole bag of white chocolate morsels the other day.

Today I am officially kicking my butt back into gear!

For Lent this year I have made up my mind & will

1. Give up eating ice cream (I still want to try the Target Cake My Day. If I find it I'll use it as a reward & eat it the day after Lent)
    2. Not buy more processed snacks (I have a ton of protein bars, protein cookies, & ingredients to make my own snacks. There's no excuse).

I was going to say give up soda too, but I need my Diet Mountain Dew to get through my workday.

I've only just found out Lent starts next week. I always give up crisps & chocolate. Going to have to find a way to fit them into my calories for the next 5 days before I have to wave them goodbye!

I was going to give up wine too,but I don't want to push myself too far...

Good luck! I tried to give up chocolate for Lent once (not Catholic, just talked into it by a co-worker). Lent is LONG!!!

I haven't given up anything for lent in years. Should we do a lent challenge?

I will give up coffee and alcohol. >:)

Mo you crack me up!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am severely addicted to peanut butter. Especially white chocolate wonderful peanut butter. I have ate 1/3 of the jar in one sitting before when craving something sweet.

Join the club. I could eat my entire calorie allotment in peanut butter every day.

Yes, a serving of PB is quite pathetic and sad.

Not as sad as a serving of cereal. I remember the first time weighing a serving of cereal & saying out loud what a ripoff.

I would agree with that. I remember the first time I weighed out cereal. I posted the pathetic picture on Facebook. Who comes up with serving sizes, anyway?! :grumble:

This is why cereal is very hard for me. If I like it, I want a bowl, usually the size to hold about 3-4 servings. That is what it would take to fill me up.

Exactly! I used to eat a Jethro bowl of cereal. I could eat a whole box of Froot Loop Marshmallows in a sitting.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

No judgement, cream cheese frosting is one of the most delicious things on earth IMO.

1. Give up eating ice cream (I still want to try the Target Cake My Day. If I find it I'll use it as a reward & eat it the day after Lent)
    2. Not buy more processed snacks (I have a ton of protein bars, protein cookies, & ingredients to make my own snacks. There's no excuse).

I was going to say give up soda too, but I need my Diet Mountain Dew to get through my workday.

I've only just found out Lent starts next week. I always give up crisps & chocolate. Going to have to find a way to fit them into my calories for the next 5 days before I have to wave them goodbye!

Good luck! I tried to give up chocolate for Lent once (not Catholic, just talked into it by a co-worker). Lent is LONG!!!

Huh. Think you'll be able to make it, @MoHousdon?

I'll give up alcohol and Cadbury mini eggs. Oh, wait...

I don't know. The alcohol is looking more and more appealing with each passing day. We're having a company get together tomorrow at a hockey game (the owners of the stadium are treating us to their box) and they are providing a bunch of free food (my favorite of all foods) and drinks. If alcoholic drinks are included, I might just have to have 1. If they're not included, I will stick with my love, DP.

Please don't judge my diary tomorrow. :#

I'm going to judge it hard and send you messages about it just to be a *kitten* :)

Hahahaha! We'll only judge you if you drink an off brand Dr. Pepper.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

That would be cheating. I have been thinking of trying going vegan again. And not gain 40 lbs like last time. Maybe this is the time?

Can I add something for 40 days if it's a hardship instead of giving up? I am catholic but don't practice but I am sure this must be some loophole not often discussed... You practicing ladies is this possible?

According to Father Mike, if doing something is a greater sacrifice for you than stopping doing something, then yes it's fine. he used the example of running or swimming - I am not sure that counts for you, my triathlete friend. I usually stop doing something and try to do something charitable. For instance, if I give up coffee shop coffee, then I would donate the saved money to Compassion International I stead of spending it on myself. does that help?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

I still have no idea what my Lental sacrifice will be this year....I do not think my kids do either.....we are always struggling to make up our minds last minute!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Only 47 days! And you can have sacrifice breaks on Sundays, although I never do that. One year my daughter gave up meat, so I insisted she take the Sunday breaks and have meat with dinner just to make sure she got some protein as she eats nothing else with a good protein punch.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I am severely addicted to peanut butter. Especially white chocolate wonderful peanut butter. I have ate 1/3 of the jar in one sitting before when craving something sweet.

Join the club. I could eat my entire calorie allotment in peanut butter every day.

Yes, a serving of PB is quite pathetic and sad.

Isn't though......I am always disgruntled about it!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

You need to have the fizzy powder version of sherbet. Will rot your teeth and maybe make you hyperactive but it's awesome !

I've had Pop Rocks and Pixy Stix and I think my eating-straight-sugar days are probably behind me...stuff like that is what you remember fondly from your childhood but when you actually taste it again it is NOT what you remember, lol.

Mmm, sugar. I used to LOVE that Fun Dip stuff, with the candy stick you dip into the sugar. I wonder if they still make it...

They do! They usually have it during Valentine's Day.

We have it year round here!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I confess that I used Saturday's hike as an excuse to eat for the next two days -because recovery food.

You deserve it! You need to refuel.
    :smiley:
    I am thinking of doing the DC Marathon... Looks like fun and I need a BQ... but not sure I can get myself fast enough in 5 weeks....

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ
    Recovery hike the next day (there are beautiful areas that are much easier than my most recent hike. We could take the tram to the top of Sabino canyon and walk down a four mile paved path) plus Sonoran Mexican food!!!!!!!!! And TKs pool plus @rungirl1973!!! And perfect weather.

Dec would be 2018 not 2017.
    I confess that I used Saturday's hike as an excuse to eat for the next two days -because recovery food.

I am thinking of doing the DC Marathon... Looks like fun and I need a BQ... but not sure I can get myself fast enough in 5 weeks....

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ
    Recovery hike the next day (there are beautiful areas that are much easier than my most recent hike. We could take the tram to the top of Sabino canyon and walk down a four mile paved path) plus Sonoran Mexican food!!!!!!!!! And TKs pool plus @rungirl1973!!! And perfect weather.

Well, you'll need 2018, too... LOL
    I'm hoping to get a decent time in California in May and then hopefully BQ in December for 2018.

Tucson. Net downhill. BQ

Well, you'll need 2018, too... LOL
    I'm hoping to get a decent time in California in May and then hopefully BQ in December for 2018.

True....

And if we go together we can spend the weekend in Boston and be tourists! :)

There it is! It all works out so well! :wink:
    For the record - I am running to finish to marathon. That is my goal. Maybe TK will BQ again, if his calves will finally behave again. He ran same year as you POF.

If I'm going to run a BQ in December, I'm really going to have to start training sometime this year...
    And, I still have 15 lbs I want to lose.

I need to be training too. Blister still may need another day to harden up, it is pretty tender and my heels may be bruised. I may eliptical it for a few days. I have 8 of my 10 pounds left to loose. :neutral:

Did you do that on purpose?! :hushed:
    Nope. I'm horrible at phone typing though so we can pretend it was autocorrect. :wink:

Mel, Is loose/lose on the Bingo card? Because if it is, I'm claiming this one! I-19.

Nope. See. Here's the card...

kxridb29fa6w.jpg

When you realize a legitimate card was created while you were gone and it's not just a joke. lol

BINGO IS NOT A JOKE, CARLOS!

I can just picture you two with your Bingo Stampers

da235b09d3d1c7a0336b25088904da2f.jpg

There is such a thing? Clearly there is a whole bingo subculture of which I am unaware.

Yes, there is. And, yes, there is a whole subculture. The bingo ladies have special bags for their bingo markers and everything.

My mother loved bingo and had a bag with her name embroidered on it with spots outside for dabbers and tape and snacks!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Funny how I never think so. I am praying over what to sacrifice. I am not sure yet...

<3

Lent is serious business over here too. I have never cheated on a Lental sacrifice.....I do not even struggle with it for the most part because it is just totally off limits, there is no maybe involved.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I don't know. The alcohol is looking more and more appealing with each passing day. We're having a company get together tomorrow at a hockey game (the owners of the stadium are treating us to their box) and they are providing a bunch of free food (my favorite of all foods) and drinks. If alcoholic drinks are included, I might just have to have 1. If they're not included, I will stick with my love, DP.

Lent does not start for nearly another week, you are fine tomorrow!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I'm going to judge it hard and send you messages about it just to be a *kitten* :)

Hahahahahahahahaha
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I have been fudging my calorie total since October due to candy.

Halloween candy?

You could always take the leftovers to work & put it in the break room.

I confess I've ate like a fat pig the past two days (Saturday/Sunday) & have gained a crazy amount of water weight. I'm mad at myself, but will get back to it today.

I still think one of my biggest triggers is eating too early in the morning. I think I'm going to start eating around 11:00 AM for my first meal (the time might fluctuate based off my work schedule) & then eat my later meal around 7-8 at night. This way I figure I can cut down on mindless snacking & at the same time include mini snacks with my main meals.

My trigger is vacation. I was off the last two days and ate so bad. :( I'm going to be up about 5 lbs again! :/
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Now that I've seen the bingo card....

DONUT!

1 - 2 -3 GO!

That doesn't count....

You're so stingy with the bingo, POF!

How bout this... I HAVE actually snorted pixie stix when I was a teenager.

It burned.

...and GO!

WHY!?!?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Now that I've seen the bingo card....

DONUT!

1 - 2 -3 GO!

DANG IT!!! Kind of ironic that I missed out on this because I was getting a Panera bagel. :D

You can have this one, Quik. I'll enjoy my calorie laden bagel as consolation.
    udj7pe5ghsdw.jpg

That looks fantastic!