Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Thank-you Nonoelmo Crosbylee, Peleroja, and Patricia, about the 5K It was a big surprise for me. Kinda like getting candy at the end of the day as a reward for being good.

Patricia, How did the race go?

Kelly_c Ha! Funny there was several times I saw things yesterday that I thought of the game too.

Myles, I wish you could be able to run again too, I know what you mean about being able to relax and clear your mind when out running. It does that for mede too. I have done water aerobics before but it is much more social. It also can be as strong or light as you make it. I have never tried water running like you describe, it sounds hard especially in the deep end. Do you do it alone or in a group?

You did have a great time there, Wendy. my attitude toward running is that I hate it unless I have something to pray about, in which case run and pray until you feel better.

I have actually began to like exercise more every day. It was not always this way. Running when under stress does help significantly. The run I showed was a practice run on my own using Digifit to see if I could actually run a 5k. I was pleased just to have been able to run for 3 miles straight. I was very surprised at the time.

Next up ... FOUR miles!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @Oberon21 We have some pretty awesome trail runs around here, I've been meaning to do one. I love trail running! Great job on yours!

You should! It was a completely different work out! I will need to do a lot more.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Myles you should totally try a triathlon it's a great community with wonderful people who help and support one another.

BTW the trail run was HARD! I managed not to fall. We missed a turn so only ran 11.5 miles vs. the planned 13.1 and I was grateful. I will be sore tomorrow.

Way to go POF!

<3
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    Thank-you Nonoelmo Crosbylee, Peleroja, and Patricia, about the 5K It was a big surprise for me. Kinda like getting candy at the end of the day as a reward for being good.

Kelly_c Ha! Funny there was several times I saw things yesterday that I thought of the game too.

Myles, I wish you could be able to run again too, I know what you mean about being able to relax and clear your mind when out running. It does that for mede too. I have done water aerobics before but it is much more social. It also can be as strong or light as you make it. I have never tried water running like you describe, it sounds hard especially in the deep end. Do you do it alone or in a group?

I do it on my own during the adult lap time at the pool. I pretty much have to schedule myself around my kids, and so I get the time when they are at school to do stuff, and the classes and groups aren't until the evening.
    Good news is my running partner has said that her husband teaches one of the swim teams here, and he has offered to coach me in swimming if I want him too. So yay, if I choose to actually try a tri, I have a coach.

And your run time is what I worked up to after 2 years, Excellent job!! You will totally get that 5k in 35 minutes.
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    All this dishwasher judgement is exactly why I almost never do the dishes.

Bahaha Ceci <3

It's because you do the baking. In my house you wouldn't be allowed to do the dishes. Because fairness. B)

What is this word of which you speak?! I do not recognize it.

It only occurs in houses without children. Sorry :'(

Yes! Cleaning dishes was so much easier without kids.

I thought she meant fairness. Although cleaning dishes is easier without kids too..

You know! That is the only part about my son moving to school I will enjoy, that I can go out with a clean kitchen and come home to a CLEAN kitchen!

I am that way about the picking up of the legos. Its nice to be able to go in and out of their room and not have to wear like steel boots to not injure myself.

It's exciting to think you can work on your swimming and get strong at it. Then when you can run you will be on your way to the triathlon . I'll certainly will cheer you on.
    Legos, toys that will occupy children for hours teaching them about spacial relationships, and destroying their parents feet.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Myles you should totally try a triathlon it's a great community with wonderful people who help and support one another.

BTW the trail run was HARD! I managed not to fall. We missed a turn so only ran 11.5 miles vs. the planned 13.1 and I was grateful. I will be sore tomorrow.

I bet you did well. What was your time?
  • Oberon21
    Options

2 hours and 38 min. Not so great! But it's a baseline now to improve upon.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »

When I get the go ahead to run again, I will look into that for sure. :)

Hey, you finished even with the short cut. That is excellent. Was the terrain hilly? I've only ever run a 13.1 on a 10 ft (over the whole course) elevation change.

Extremely hilly. My hips and glutes are killing me. It was beautiful and very fun. I'll post some pics later.

Clearly I need to do a lot more of this before tackling the JFK 50 miler in the fall.

Looking forward to pictures.
    Would you do 50 miler in one day or is it split up? Either way it sounds gruling.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Congratulations Quik for rocking your 5k tonight!

Thanks! 34:59! My fastest 5K ever!!!

Wow that's awesome!
  • raymax4
    Options
    asgentr wrote: »
    I bought a bag of popcorn thinking it would be a filling, tasty, low-calorie snack. On a stressful day I ate the whole bag, totaling something like 700 calories. Then I proceeded to eat chocolate for a snack and Indian food for dinner without weighing anything.

I am capable of eating 10 quarts of popcorn without a thought.

When hubby and I came home from our honeymoon I told him I was going to make popcorn. He said he did not want any. I proceeded to pop a giant stainless bowl of popcorn that was piled high above the bowl. He went to take a shower.

When he came out and saw that I had eaten all of it, he looked at me as if I ate his share.

I asked him if he wanted some and told him I could make more

He replied " No I didn't want any. But..
    You just ate enough for my mother and father, your mother and father, my brothers (3) your brother and sisters(3)
    Your aunts and uncles, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, your cousins ....."

At that point I stopped him and said I got his point so he would stop naming relatives.

This is now an item I defiantly measure out.
    Estimate to the best ability what you ate. It will help you out in the long run.
  • raymax4
    Options

You did have a great time there, Wendy. my attitude toward running is that I hate it unless I have something to pray about, in which case run and pray until you feel better.

I have actually began to like exercise more every day. It was not always this way. Running when under stress does help significantly. The run I showed was a practice run on my own using Digifit to see if I could actually run a 5k. I was pleased just to have been able to run for 3 miles straight. I was very surprised at the time.

Next up ... FOUR miles!

I love it that you keep nudging me.
  • raymax4
    Options

2 hours and 38 min. Not so great! But it's a baseline now to improve upon.

That's more miles and at a faster pace that we have ever done. I think it's great.
    Knowing you, you will improve on it
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kristib12 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I have done that too!!! haha
    I'd also like to confess I just finished my 3rd beer and I'm ready for another one. It will be the 3rd time I have had alcohol this year. I knew I should have just bought singles but the lovely craft ones only come in a box. What's a girl to do? No way I'm pouring water in them and throwing them out. lol

@Italian_Buju, on this! Bingo!

I thought it was only drowning PB?

Melissa - since you made the rules, you call it!

It is! She quoted the drowning pb, then said she does it too. But it wasn't even Sunday yet...so it doesn't count. I was just being silly..
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Congratulations Quik for rocking your 5k tonight!

Thanks! 34:59! My fastest 5K ever!!!

Awesome job Quik! Quik the Quikster.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    chimpy123 wrote: »
    I can't keep junk in the house or I will eat it all...in one sitting. There have been chocolate cream pies that have disappeared in an evening...there are only two ppl in my household. I put signs on the pie that say things like "don't eat this, you will regret it" in an effort to discourage myself from eating it all and then my fiancée will walk into the kitchen and find me with a mouthful of pie and I yell "I regret nothing!" and keep eating...so yeah, not an ounce of junk in our house now.

Also, when I was really trying to restrict my intake (bad idea, I know now) I have stopped at the bakery on the way home from work saying "oh, we just need some bread" and then I will buy half a dozen doughnuts and scarf two or three of them on the way home...

I'm totally a binge eater

Hugs!

@chimpy123

It's hard, but just keep trying everyday to practice moderation.

There are times I can go months & not have any slip ups or binges, but then there are months that I go almost everyday & go over calories, binge, or don't even log.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

You did it, because you're awesome, determined, & strong <3.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I bought a bag of popcorn thinking it would be a filling, tasty, low-calorie snack. On a stressful day I ate the whole bag, totaling something like 700 calories. Then I proceeded to eat chocolate for a snack and Indian food for dinner without weighing anything.

When hubby and I came home from our honeymoon I told him I was going to make popcorn. He said he did not want any. I proceeded to pop a giant stainless bowl of popcorn that was piled high above the bowl. He went to take a shower.

When he came out and saw that I had eaten all of it, he looked at me as if I ate his share.

You just ate enough for my mother and father, your mother and father, my brothers (3) your brother and sisters(3)

At that point I stopped him and said I got his point so he would stop naming relatives.

Estimate to the best ability what you ate. It will help you out in the long run.

Weren't you the one that said your husband ate a ton of dried bananas then complained that his stomach hurt ;).
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Weren't you the one that said your husband ate a ton of dried bananas then complained that his stomach hurt ;).

Good memory!
  • Oberon21
    Options

You did it, because you're awesome, determined, & strong <3.

AGREED!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Next up ... FOUR miles!

I love it that you keep nudging me.

But of course.... there are always new horizons to conquer! Life is boring without goals. IMO... :)
  • Oberon21
    Options

I could do this with popcorn too. In a heartbeat.