Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I ate under 700 calories yesterday and a little over that today to make up for drinking and late night eating on friday :neutral:

Hope you sent hungry
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend just snuck into my dorm and left a note outside my door asking me to dinner.
    Also, she left it with a very realistic sculpture of an animal skull. My roommates are terrified. It's beautiful.

That's great. Very original. And your roommates need to get a grip. Animals die. Most of the ones we recognize have skulls. It's nit like she left a real one.

It's just sort of viscerally shocking because it looks very real. We just sat inside the door and waited for passersby to scream. It was super funny.
    ETA there was a card saying "those who slay together stay together" (new favorite pick up line).

Fitness confession: I just went to the gym for 30 minutes, and now I am eating ramen which is definitely more calories than whatever I burned. I may or may not be eating so that I have an excuse to read and not do work.

Now I need a photo of the skull.
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Happy Valentine's Day all!! Spent part of today out at the farm and had to rescue a calf from a mud pit he was stuck in. Got him out and he's ok. Weather was great too.

I bet you had all the exersize you needed today!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I ate under 700 calories yesterday and a little over that today to make up for drinking and late night eating on friday :neutral:

I personally would have spread that out over a few more days, except that I was never hungry the day after I drank mire than one drink. (that was before I got married, btw.) I never had a traditional hangover, but I always lost my appetite.

And I always need greasy food. Like Mcdonalds. And sugar. A coke definitely helps.

It's because I had celiac and didn't know it. I used to drink Guiness or Sam Adams. I didn't have a hangover, but I did have IBS symptoms and who wants to eat with that? Not this girl for sure; it's easier to just not eat. (sorry if that's TMI.)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Haven't been in here in ages. Just thought I'd share with you that I'm on my 3rd pair of pyjamas for the evening. There was a booby milk incident, then their was a baby poo incident. Here's hoping these jammies last til morning. I have pretty low expectations nowadays.

I hope there are no more incidents...
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Haven't been in here in ages. Just thought I'd share with you that I'm on my 3rd pair of pyjamas for the evening. There was a booby milk incident, then their was a baby poo incident. Here's hoping these jammies last til morning. I have pretty low expectations nowadays.

Hi, Anne-Marie! So glad to see you. Cindy shared the baby pics with us. He is so gorgeous. ♡♡♡♡♡

Sounds like nursing is going better. I hope you are settling into Mommy life well. I am planning on crashing in to meet that cutie pie in July!
  • Oberon21
    edited February 2016
    Options

I personally would have spread that out over a few more days, except that I was never hungry the day after I drank mire than one drink. (that was before I got married, btw.) I never had a traditional hangover, but I always lost my appetite.

And I always need greasy food. Like Mcdonalds. And sugar. A coke definitely helps.

It's because I had celiac and didn't know it. I used to drink Guiness or Sam Adams. I didn't have a hangover, but I did have IBS symptoms and who wants to eat with that? Not this girl for sure; it's easier to just not eat. (sorry if that's TMI.)

Nope, not too descriptive at all! I always found greasy food really helped kill the hangover. I would have been bummed if I had those side effects. These days, before I took the alcohol hiatus, it took me two days,to recover if I drank too much. It was one of my main reasons for taking a break. Alcohol just kicks my butt. And the less I drank the worse it got.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    I feel both accomplished and a bit guilty. I did some swimming with my brand new goggles and was about to do one length of the pool (25m) without feeling like I was going to drown and practiced my breathing and swimming and not sinking.

Then I went to the grocery store for eggs and came out with kettle popcorn. I'm telling myself its not chips, but I don't know if it counts. But I have guilt.

Oberon, I looked up Ben Nevis, and that is insane. Have tons of fun.

I have the evening to myself and I'm debating cleaning the kitchen or cracking my new book. Tea and a book seems to be winning, but no guilt on that one. I am under orders to rest. o:)

What's your new book? :) (and no one should feel guilty for reading and drinking tea. That's just basic sanity maintenance.)

The newest JD Robb book, Brotherhood in Death.

I had tea, a bath with a really nice smelling bath salts, and my tea. It was wonderful.

I just read that!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I feel both accomplished and a bit guilty. I did some swimming with my brand new goggles and was about to do one length of the pool (25m) without feeling like I was going to drown and practiced my breathing and swimming and not sinking.

Then I went to the grocery store for eggs and came out with kettle popcorn. I'm telling myself its not chips, but I don't know if it counts. But I have guilt.

I have the evening to myself and I'm debating cleaning the kitchen or cracking my new book. Tea and a book seems to be winning, but no guilt on that one. I am under orders to rest. o:)

What's your new book? :) (and no one should feel guilty for reading and drinking tea. That's just basic sanity maintenance.)

I had tea, a bath with a really nice smelling bath salts, and my tea. It was wonderful.

I like her Romances (Karen Robards).

Actually jd Robb is Norah Roberts.
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Nora Roberts writes as JD Robb. I also like Karen Robards, I've read a few of hers. We have a giant used book sale put on by the Children's Hospital here 3 times a year. That's when I stock up on books. Can't beat 2$ or less on a book really.
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

I just read that!

No spoilers please lol. :)

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

I love this post!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Nora Roberts writes as JD Robb. I also like Karen Robards, I've read a few of hers. We have a giant used book sale put on by the Children's Hospital here 3 times a year. That's when I stock up on books. Can't beat 2$ or less on a book really.

Oh, you are right. Karen Robards also does thrillers. I think she has a pseudonym as well. Sorry for screwing that up! I don't like used books.... I only like brandy new books. I am weird about books.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Actually jd Robb is Norah Roberts.

Yep, I am an idiot. I read all the romance versions of these authors!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Can I just share I am an idiot.

Last week I went to the airport without my drivers license. It worked out but seriously.
    This weekend I went home every day early from the barn to work on my dissertation. Did I? NO! I slept. So spent a long night doing updates... which made me late today.
    Then because I was running so late, I threw my clothes into a bag and ran out of the house for my flight. On way to airport I realized I forgot my cell. Turning around and getting it put me too late to check my bag. I had to move to a 4:05 pm flight.
    Which is probably now cancelled due to the weather in NJ. (ITS BARELY SNOWING!).

It is not a good day. :(

Lesson... don't procrastinate. Be early. Be on time. Don't be lazy. Get what you need to do done when you need to do it. Then you won't have a snowball bad day like mine is turning out to be.
  • sboubin
    sboubin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Binge-eater here... last weekend I ate 2 frozen pizzas. By myself. While my husband was taking a nap. Then tried to say we only had one in the freezer to hide my shame.
  • tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    Options

Last week I went to the airport without my drivers license. It worked out but seriously.
    This weekend I went home every day early from the barn to work on my dissertation. Did I? NO! I slept. So spent a long night doing updates... which made me late today.
    Then because I was running so late, I threw my clothes into a bag and ran out of the house for my flight. On way to airport I realized I forgot my cell. Turning around and getting it put me too late to check my bag. I had to move to a 4:05 pm flight.
    Which is probably now cancelled due to the weather in NJ. (ITS BARELY SNOWING!).

Lesson... don't procrastinate. Be early. Be on time. Don't be lazy. Get what you need to do done when you need to do it. Then you won't have a snowball bad day like mine is turning out to be.

What a bummer, I hope your day gets better and that they don't cancel your next flight!

• Oberon21
    Options
    tobistat wrote: »

What a bummer, I hope your day gets better and that they don't cancel your next flight!

Its cancelled. Now on a 5:30 connecting flight through Norfolk...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    sboubin wrote: »
    Binge-eater here... last weekend I ate 2 frozen pizzas. By myself. While my husband was taking a nap. Then tried to say we only had one in the freezer to hide my shame.

He didn't smell the pizza cooking? Is this a recurring problem or just once in a while? Although 2 whole pizzas is pretty impressive, I must say.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I checked.... not on the bingo card. FYI.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I am going to spin straw into gold... I am going to fold my laundry and put it away. While checking email. It's so quiet today given it's Presidents day.