Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am very sorry to report that I did not achieve my mountain climb. I was turned back by the event team at 800 metres/3 miles up on medical/safety grounds.

Essentially, I did not have the mental/emotional reserves I needed to make it through the toughest part of the terrain, and physical exertion meant that I randomly kept falling over. Even while standing still.

The climb/terrain in itself was horrendous. Huge big uneven boulders to be climbed over the entire way meant that no stride or rhythm could be set or achieved. However. I made it through the first check Point ahead of schedule, but faltered on the way to the second.

I could make some more excuses. Such as the strain of being in the dark and having to keep head down so I could light my next step, or the difficulty in doing some bits alone, or that I did not enjoy a single step I took on that mountain, but I won't. It was a challenge that is beyond my current capabilities.

In my heart of hearts, I can honestly say that I did everything I could in training and preparing for this challenge, until this last week, where personal events took over.

The thought of all of you here, and letting you down kept me going for a long way and I apologise for letting you down.

If you made a donation, you can apply for a refund via the justgiving website.

Randomly falling over sounds rather scary!

You didn't let anyone down... you attempted something that most of us will never even try... and you succeeded at climbing 3 miles over challenging terrain... that's a "win" in my eyes.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Ok, I'm weekend pages behind, but I'll catch up tomorrow! Promise!

But right now I just need to say a few things! Love you all so much!

Ok, crazy dude created a new account on okc and was like hey! Let's go hang out again! For maybe the first time ever I stood up for myself and said no, he went all crazy and I don't need that shiz. And he pretended that I was totally crazy, and nine of that other stuff happened! Grrr. I shut it down. Which is rare for me. Because normally I'd be like, oh, it's not your fault, I over reacted! But no more, then he got all agro because I wouldn't see him again. Dude. Seriously? Yeah, done there

Met up with another dude on Thursday night, and he'd been texting me for a couple weeks, and finally we meet up, and he's so....Meh. just nothing I'm looking towards.and he didn't really seem interested either.

How many frogs are there?! Lol.

So here we go again in the new week.

On the awesome side, i found a convienent mart that seeks my Hershey cotton candy ice cream bars! $9 for 6, i can handle that!

AND I made my first talenti purchase today!

Omg, in drunk and making the next weeks worth of salads! Yey! Love you all!

Lovely. I'll be in the US later this week and hunting those little babies down. Some of us on this thread aspire to climb mountains, or hit 45K steps, or run marathons... ythannah puts her energy into finding foreign treats.

@Susieq_1994 sure hope your flare-up passes quickly... sending positive vibes your way!

@kelly_c_77 happy to hear that little Skye is returning to normal

@Glinda1971 you had a post a few pages back about wanting to "look as good as the MOH" at your sister's wedding... I guess I've worked for the gov't too long, but my first thought was "the Ministry of Health" and not a member of the bridal party... lol. I was confused for a few seconds there!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @ythannah I had a hard time with the acronym too. But I hate calling myself the matron of honour. Matron of darkness maybe. If I have to be a matron.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @ythannah I had a hard time with the acronym too. But I hate calling myself the matron of honour. Matron of darkness maybe. If I have to be a matron.

That's hysterical.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Update on Skye: We didn't go to the vet today because she is seeming much better. She ate quite a bit of wet food along with a bit of her regular dry food. She had a lot more energy today too...she was up and walking around, following us from room to room and even played a little with my son's toys like she does on a normal day. Still keeping a close eye on her and will probably get her in for a check up this week just to be on the safe side...but I'm feeing much better about things as of now! :)

I think that's a good idea, @Glinda1971!

Yay!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So I was thinking about starting a general picture thread in the bat cave.

I took some pictures of my yard and would like to share them. But if it's separate it won't clog things up in here and I might share a bit more detail.

I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of where everyone else lives.

What do you guys think?

Sure if I can keep up with it all!
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    It's there. I had to relearn how to post pictures but I've got it figured out.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Update on Skye: We didn't go to the vet today because she is seeming much better. She ate quite a bit of wet food along with a bit of her regular dry food. She had a lot more energy today too...she was up and walking around, following us from room to room and even played a little with my son's toys like she does on a normal day. Still keeping a close eye on her and will probably get her in for a check up this week just to be on the safe side...but I'm feeing much better about things as of now! :)

I think that's a good idea, @Glinda1971!

Glad to hear!
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    I made all my goals today.

So are we going to start just posting our goals in the Fitbit folk thread? Make it easier to keep track of.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I made all my goals today.

So are we going to start just posting our goals in the Fitbit folk thread? Make it easier to keep track of.

I will yes...
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I logged and weighed all my food today....and even though I got all my errands done yesterday, I wanted to get out and walk. I was gonna go to the Y, but my son went this morning and said it was closed for the day cuz they were having a power issue....so I went out to a strip mall and walked there....so I am only 300 short of my 10K, and I still have to help move the stuff outta the kitchen, so that should do it!

I was not sure if more people wanted the goal thread or not, or to change the fitbit thread to that or what so I just am gonna wait for some more input from our posters that show up during the week.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    @kecmw25 Awww, so cute! It seems I'm the only non-blond baby so far. :p

Nope. I'm jumping in late, but thought I'd post a couple of my children. Sorry, I don't have any of myself on my computer. All four of mine were born with dark hair. That is normal in my family. But, half the time they end up turning blond. You can normally tell by the time they're a year old whether they're going to stay dark or turn blond. Two of mine stayed dark, and two turned blond, but they were all born with heads full of the same dark hair.

Here's my second-oldest and youngest daughters:

hffp42wieccm.png

Here's another one of all four. It's hard to tell with the lighting, but the two in the center are blond and the other two are dark.

ps4pzvcrsb44.png

Actually, I just found one of me and my siblings on Facebook. So, here you go. Yes, I'm a twin.
    ucju0gl2lz1u.jpg

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I am back from Florida. I had the best time with my boyfriend! It was a relaxing much needed vacation.

My boyfriend is really into body building, so I actually went to the gym with him every morning when we were there. He's been asking me for months to go lift with him in the gym, and I always said no. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it!! He said he'd train me if I join his gym, so I'm going to do that this week! I definitely drank more and ate more carbs than normal, but I don't think I did too much damage.

I'm 987 posts behind right now...I'm taking tomorrow off, so hopefully I can catch up.

I missed you all and I hope everyone is doing well!! :)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Friday was a run-around day and I went to bed early. Daughter and I went to the 4th of July 5K and she was really queasy and my ankles (weirdly and for the first time) were giving me issues. So Daughter ran with me and we walked whenever either of us wanted. It was a slow 5K at 35 minutes (or 34:50 something) but she didn't throw up and my legs are doing fine so we got through it. Patricia you say you don't train but it sounds as if you run regularly. Running twice this year was not sufficient to do a great job on our 5K in my opinion. :) It was nice to have that done, though. Then we joined SO and his friend at his pool. They had biked 50 miles of hills. We went to SO's friend's house and saw puppies (rescued and so freaking cute, just a few weeks old.) Then I took daughter back to my house so her father could come pick her up. SO and I prepped food and set up the wine/chocolate pairings. It was GOOOOOOOOD. It was really good. But I don't want wine or chocolate today. I had a bit too much of both last night. This morning SO ran 12 miles and I biked alongside him. He did 1500 feet climbing hills so I did too on my bike. But I braked on the downhills to stay at his pace. So it was interval training for me and a hard training run for him. We swam and made a lovely breakfast, watched some Tour de France and I came home. I did weekly grocery shopping, two loads of laundry, mopped my house and removed a cabinet from the kitchen wall. I'm going to take out half of that wall and getting the cabinet off that wall makes my galley kitchen look larger, much larger. It was HARD physical work taking it down as it was built in the 1950's in heavy wood ON the walls. It could have held a family of elephants. It took two hours for me to pull it down but it felt good.

I've skimmed and thought of each of the postings, especially people who are struggling today. But I'm sleepy and heading to bed rather than track through to write to each of you. Just know you are thought about and I'm cheering you on!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Your kids are so cute @pearso21123 !! And so neat you're a twin!!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Your kids are so cute @pearso21123 !! And so neat you're a twin!!

Thanks. I think twinship is more fascinating to other people than it is to us. And I do believe that my husband and I were blessed with four moderately good-looking kids, but I'm biased...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

Reminds me of the goddess Lolth from Dungeons and Dragons....I know... I'm a nerd :disappointed:

e6m80lczzxk7.jpg
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    GOALS:
    For the 5th!
    - Stay within 100 calories of my daily goal (Did not happen)
    - Get at least 10,000 steps (Did happen @ Just over 11,000)
    - Get MORE than 6 hours of sleep (Did happen)
    - Get 30 minutes of exercise (Did NOT happen)
    - Drink 8 glasses of water (Did happen)

Same goals for July 6th.
    - Stay within 100 calories of my daily goal
    - Get at least 10,000 steps
    - Get MORE than 6 hours of sleep
    - Get 30 minutes of exercise
    - Drink 8 glasses of water
    - See Sergeant Sexy Pants!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Okay I came across this list that I find pretty entertaining:
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/smart-living/35-things-canadians-say-that-americans-dont-understand/ar-AAcqaYU?ocid=mailsignoutmd

And I have to know: Does nobody else have Freezies?! Or do they go by a different name in other countries?

ETA: I have never once used the phrases "hang a larry" or "hang a roger". And I would just refer to them as "tighty whities"

Some of those are over here as well! I love the bunnyhug though. I might steal that saying. :smile:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, @TigerNY128! Glad you had a good vacation and that you enjoyed lifting!
    Cute pictures, @pearso21123!
    Good job weighing and getting your steps in, @Italian_Buju!
    Sounds like a good weekend, @nonoelmo!
    And thanks @ythannah, @Italian_Buju, and @pofoster21! Skye is full of energy this morning! We'll see how breakfast goes!