Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    All this old school video game talk is making me miss Nintendo and Atari! For Atari- I loved Frogger, Pitfall, Donkey Kong, Asteroids...and so many more! For Nintendo- I loved Super Mario(all of them..3 or 4?) regular Mario Brothers, Tetris, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Zelda, Kid Icarus, Metroid, omg...the list goes on and on.
    I remember playing for so long one day that I got a stiff neck from just staring straight ahead at the screen all day.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have been sleeping terribly for the past two nights. Getting out of bed thinking that I have to do something or save someone (the yoga woman from Orange is the New Black for some reason), sitting up straight staring at the wall while still half dreaming, moving around and waking up every thirty minutes. I feel so tired. To top it off, my feet and legs are acting up (I have restless leg syndrome like almost every woman on my mom's side...). It's not too bad right now, but it's enough to make it difficult for me to fall back asleep. Hoping I can get a nap in today.

May I join you in the freaky dreamers' club?

Last night I dreamt that people kept falling off the edges of things and just landing head first below. I kept warning them this was likely to happen if they went up there, but they ignored me. Horrific! It does show I'm a know-all, even in my dreams.

I had a horrible dream last night too!! I dreamnt that my gums were coming loose from my teeth and peeling and I could pull on some gums and they'd break away from my teeth and leave these huge gaping holes. I have no idea why and it was awful!

Do any of you dream about work? When I first started to cashier I used to dream almost every night that I would be ringing people out & then say, "sorry, my line's closed." Ugh! I said it was a recurring nightmare since I couldn't get away from work.

I would say my scariest was the time I dreamt that Adolph Hitler was alive & was coming to kill me. I even woke up in a pile of sweat & had to think to myself if he was dead or alive.

I totally had grad school nightmares - running data that wouldn't work or wouldn't replicate, showing up to the wrong classroom to teach. I have a rule that I stop working an hour before bed now and that helps with work dreams.

I've also had teeth falling out dreams. I occasionally have super power dreams - usually flying - I like those.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Rheameg

A lot of the posters may come across as mean or bullies but in reality they're not. Sure you will always have some people on a message board who are trolling; however, a lot of members offer pretty reliable advice that they've researched from legitimate case studies or from trial & error. I find that most members become irate/annoyed when a poster keeps asking for the same advice in multiple threads or they ignore the sound advice & only respond to the advice that correlates with their fad diet/unhealthy diet choice.

Here are some helpful links

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/975025/in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

If you want good advice from a member who answers a lot of questions in a nice demeanor then ask this guy @vismal & this is his popular thread http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1276219/i-went-from-morbidly-obese-to-6-pack-abs-ask-me-anything/p1
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Confession: I bought a children's duck-down vest at Costco last night because it was made of real down but $20. $20! Luckily I'm hobbit-sized and can make that stuff fit (at least with athletic wear, which generally doesn't look so obviously from the kids' section) because it's so much cheaper than adult clothes. So yeah, I wear kids' clothes....

@peleroja did you get it in a fun color?
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    All this old school video game talk is making me miss Nintendo and Atari! For Atari- I loved Frogger, Pitfall, Donkey Kong, Asteroids...and so many more! For Nintendo- I loved Super Mario(all of them..3 or 4?) regular Mario Brothers, Tetris, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Zelda, Kid Icarus, Metroid, omg...the list goes on and on.
    I remember playing for so long one day that I got a stiff neck from just staring straight ahead at the screen all day.

Kid Icarus! I loved that one. Did you ever play Legendary Wings on the NES? It was a 2 player co-operative one (well, it had 2 player mode that was optional, at least) and my sister and I used to play that one all the time. I was a bit of an obsessive kid - I didn't want to miss any part of a game, so I'd use a walkthrough/guide to make sure that I found all the things for games like Zelda 1 & 2. Hee hee.... I'm sooooo looking up how to get an NES emulator on my PC when I get home tonight!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Kid Icarus! I loved that one. Did you ever play Legendary Wings on the NES? It was a 2 player co-operative one (well, it had 2 player mode that was optional, at least) and my sister and I used to play that one all the time. I was a bit of an obsessive kid - I didn't want to miss any part of a game, so I'd use a walkthrough/guide to make sure that I found all the things for games like Zelda 1 & 2. Hee hee.... I'm sooooo looking up how to get an NES emulator on my PC when I get home tonight!!

I've never heard of that one. I want to play all of these games again now. If you figure out how to do it, let me know!!! It's bugging me that I can't think of all the other games that I loved...we had so many and I was obsessed. Sadly, I haven't played any video games in years. We did have a Wii for a while..and actually the day I was having contractions with my son and waiting for him to arrive(it was too early to go to the hospital and we had to wait it out), my husband and I played Mario Party 8 on Wii ALL DAY LONG up until leaving for the hospital.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    @Rheameg

A lot of the posters may come across as mean or bullies but in reality they're not. Sure you will always have some people on a message board who are trolling; however, a lot of members offer pretty reliable advice that they've researched from legitimate case studies or from trial & error. I find that most members become irate/annoyed when a poster keeps asking for the same advice in multiple threads or they ignore the sound advice & only respond to the advice that correlates with their fad diet/unhealthy diet choice.

Here are some helpful links

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/975025/in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

If you want good advice from a member who answers a lot of questions in a nice demeanor then ask this guy @vismal & this is his popular thread http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1276219/i-went-from-morbidly-obese-to-6-pack-abs-ask-me-anything/p1

I may check some of these out. Thanks!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 that pie looks delicious! Your kitchen looks fine.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    @ShibaEars I just dropped some Coconut Almond Butter on my pants ugh! At least I'm at home & it landed on my pant leg.

I used to always order this Nacho Chili Cheese meal at work & of course it would always be when I had on a white shirt. Do you think I could ever not make a mess on my shirt? Heck no! Luckily I had a vest to wear that none of the customers could see.

I feel your pain! Lol. At least if you're at home, you can throw it in the wash or change. You won't have to walk around strategically holding papers/file folders to cover it :wink:
    @ShibaEars I just dropped some Coconut Almond Butter on my pants ugh! At least I'm at home & it landed on my pant leg.

I used to always order this Nacho Chili Cheese meal at work & of course it would always be when I had on a white shirt. Do you think I could ever not make a mess on my shirt? Heck no! Luckily I had a vest to wear that none of the customers could see.

If there is tomato sauce anywhere in my vicinity, it will end up on my shirt.

Yes. And I don't wear white often, but I always seemed to on days where I'd have tomato sauce in my lunch.

The worst happened to other coworkers. Whenever I had a Campbell's soup bowl & I would take the lid off I would always manage to splash someone with part of the soup.

The funniest happened when I used to drink the Aquafina Sparkling Waters (I haven't seen these in years). I was sitting by an elderly coworker & forgot the drink was carbonated & it was some comedic it could've came from a movie. I took the lid off rather fast & the water spew out like a volcano & erupted all over the lady sitting next to me in the break room. Praise the Lord she thought it was hilarious & didn't want to kill me.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    So I got a game in the mail today. It's from the Harvest Moon series... nothing hardcore but I've always found it adorable and relaxing. You basically just go around town building your home and relationships and farming. Just a quiet and cute game :) Right now I'm feeling a bit panicky (I don't know if my posts show it or not) so I'm hoping it can soothe me :tongue:

My husband was telling me that he LOVED this game! I've never played it, but now I'm curious. I was lamenting selling my old school Nintendo years ago and wishing I had it to play some Zelda or Super Mario on again. I worked hard at my grandma's farm to earn the money to buy the NES for myself when I was about 10 years old. It was the first thing I ever really WORKED for and it taught me a lot about the value of money/time/effort. I'll be 39 next month and have to adult most days.... but MAN, I'd love to just spend a day playing the old games I loved!

I confess that I didn't grow up playing Mario and Zelda (I mostly played PlayStation 2 games). I think I played my first Zelda game at 17 or 18: Majora's Mask. It remains one of my favorite games EVER and definitely my favorite in the Zelda series :tongue: My boyfriend and I have almost every single console out there. Harvest Moon is great and relaxing but I've been spending way too much time on it! :lol:

I stink at video games! My favorite games were Super Mario Brothers & Donkey Kong for the Super Nintendo & I loved the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game for the Nintendo. I remember my sister & I thinking we had beat Donkey Kong & the credits started to roll only for a bad guy to come back & kill us. My favorite DS Games are Hotel Dusk (had to use a walk through on some parts) & Ace Attorney.

My grandma had an Atari & I loved playing the racing game Pole Position & I remember playing a Popeye game. She also had a game that you saved people from a school with a helicopter & I remember one that you would ride in what looked like a dune buggy & had to jump over potholes.
    My boyfriend's favorite is Donkey Kong.... which I have to say I am HORRIBLE at. I'm horrible at Super Mario Brothers, too. I find the controls slippery (I jump and Mario slides forward a little bit). Whenever my boyfriend and I play together I always hold him back. Maybe that's why I prefer Zelda :tongue:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @nonoelmo I know what you mean about having the same conversations with clients and they STILL can't get it through their heads!! Ugh my clients make me want to pull my hair out some days!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have been sleeping terribly for the past two nights. Getting out of bed thinking that I have to do something or save someone (the yoga woman from Orange is the New Black for some reason), sitting up straight staring at the wall while still half dreaming, moving around and waking up every thirty minutes. I feel so tired. To top it off, my feet and legs are acting up (I have restless leg syndrome like almost every woman on my mom's side...). It's not too bad right now, but it's enough to make it difficult for me to fall back asleep. Hoping I can get a nap in today.

May I join you in the freaky dreamers' club?

Last night I dreamt that people kept falling off the edges of things and just landing head first below. I kept warning them this was likely to happen if they went up there, but they ignored me. Horrific! It does show I'm a know-all, even in my dreams.

I had a horrible dream last night too!! I dreamnt that my gums were coming loose from my teeth and peeling and I could pull on some gums and they'd break away from my teeth and leave these huge gaping holes. I have no idea why and it was awful!

Do any of you dream about work? When I first started to cashier I used to dream almost every night that I would be ringing people out & then say, "sorry, my line's closed." Ugh! I said it was a recurring nightmare since I couldn't get away from work.

I would say my scariest was the time I dreamt that Adolph Hitler was alive & was coming to kill me. I even woke up in a pile of sweat & had to think to myself if he was dead or alive.
    Absolutely! Thankfully it has stopped since I quit my job... but I used to dream that I still had work to do... more customers coming in even though it was way past the restaurant's closing time and no one else was around to help me. I also woke up a lot to help someone carry things (I asked the TV if it needed help... THE TV) and sweep up broken dishes, etc. Horrible. I annoyed my boyfriend quite a lot.

I have to convince myself that I'm dreaming as well sometimes... if I wake up in a sweat after a nightmare I have to think ''Ok... it's alright, no one's in trouble. I'm in bed right now, I was obviously dreaming.'' When I was in Punta Cana I had a lot of dreams about my dad, who passed away last year. One of them was nice (I got to talk to him in some beautiful garden and tell him how much I missed him), but one of them was a nightmare that he was sick and seizing in bed and nobody would help him. I kept screaming for help, but none came. I woke up terrified and convinced that my dad was dying and then I realized ''Oh wait... he died last year.'' I don't know what it was about the Dominican Republic that made me have these dreams.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    @nonoelmo I know what you mean about having the same conversations with clients and they STILL can't get it through their heads!! Ugh my clients make me want to pull my hair out some days!

Me three. I've had one of those days too... I'm kind of an informal consultant for another site and they have a habit of calling me to refresh their memory on my response to last week's questions... "I know we talked about this already but I just need to hear it again".... GRRRRRR.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Rheameg wrote: »
    Why are the thin and well built members of MFP so mean? I guess they've never been where we are.

I don't think they are all mean. I think the mean ones are more vocal. I hope I am not mean... well, except to my brothers, who deserve it... and I am fairly happy with my body. I'm still working to improve my fitness but it's because if you stop you start deteriorating again and I have worked hard to get here.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    So I got a game in the mail today. It's from the Harvest Moon series... nothing hardcore but I've always found it adorable and relaxing. You basically just go around town building your home and relationships and farming. Just a quiet and cute game :) Right now I'm feeling a bit panicky (I don't know if my posts show it or not) so I'm hoping it can soothe me :tongue:

My husband was telling me that he LOVED this game! I've never played it, but now I'm curious. I was lamenting selling my old school Nintendo years ago and wishing I had it to play some Zelda or Super Mario on again. I worked hard at my grandma's farm to earn the money to buy the NES for myself when I was about 10 years old. It was the first thing I ever really WORKED for and it taught me a lot about the value of money/time/effort. I'll be 39 next month and have to adult most days.... but MAN, I'd love to just spend a day playing the old games I loved!

I confess that I didn't grow up playing Mario and Zelda (I mostly played PlayStation 2 games). I think I played my first Zelda game at 17 or 18: Majora's Mask. It remains one of my favorite games EVER and definitely my favorite in the Zelda series :tongue: My boyfriend and I have almost every single console out there. Harvest Moon is great and relaxing but I've been spending way too much time on it! :lol:

I stink at video games! My favorite games were Super Mario Brothers & Donkey Kong for the Super Nintendo & I loved the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game for the Nintendo. I remember my sister & I thinking we had beat Donkey Kong & the credits started to roll only for a bad guy to come back & kill us. My favorite DS Games are Hotel Dusk (had to use a walk through on some parts) & Ace Attorney.

My grandma had an Atari & I loved playing the racing game Pole Position & I remember playing a Popeye game. She also had a game that you saved people from a school with a helicopter & I remember one that you would ride in what looked like a dune buggy & had to jump over potholes.
    My boyfriend's favorite is Donkey Kong.... which I have to say I am HORRIBLE at. I'm horrible at Super Mario Brothers, too. I find the controls slippery (I jump and Mario slides forward a little bit). Whenever my boyfriend and I play together I always hold him back. Maybe that's why I prefer Zelda :tongue:

For any video game fans or acapella fans here's a video that's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSBIAGCulDw
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I like science so I rationalize/explain away a lot of things but in every home I've been in, since I was 10-12 (age when Puberty hit me hard), weird things happen. They happen so regularly that I now just shrug and deal with it.

Briefly:
    -Grandpa died in a nursing home for Alzheimer's patients. He was healthy as a horse just not in his right mind, Had a dream the night before he died that he was in a storm and scared but then white light took him up away from the storm. Next morning my mom called me and told me he got locked out of the home and was stuck in the yard all night and was coughing/sick (it rained). He died a week later.

-Saw things in just about every home I've been in.

-I had a miscarriage (I've had a few, actually, but I just never talk about them) and it was a pretty bad one, pain-wise. Was in bed watching TV and heard a giant bang (like shake the walls kind of bang) in the kitchen, went in the kitchen, nothing amiss except my keys were lying in the middle of the floor. Weird, they were in my purse, but k, gravity makes things fall. Put them back in, nothing happened. Took a really hot shower later in the day to help with the pain, nothing weird when I got in, when I came out in the mirror there was "Bb" in the steam (like that, capital B, lowercase b). Pretty faint though.

-We get footsteps running up and down our stairs. At night I'll be sitting in the living room armchair and hear little quick steps like my 3.5 yr old running going up/down the stairs right in front of me, so I'd see if it was DS. I still always check on him anyway. He's always asleep. I'm always the last one up, bc I don't sleep much.

-I get tappings on windows that follow me as I move around the house (I go in the living room, hear it in the kitchen. Go in the kitchen to check, hear it in the living room window right by the chair I always sit in). We have a floodlight right outside in both places and I never see anything. We had that in our old apartment, our previous house, and then the house we just moved to in April. k, fine, our house is from 1972 so older, but our last house was from 2012.

That's just some of it; it doesn't bother me anymore but it'll spook DH. Usually happens to me but he occasionally gets it too so he's stopped making fun of me about it.

I swear I'm not nuts, either (although crazy people never think they're crazy, so...) I always shrug it off, but after a while, you start to think there's something there.

and I have had it happen where I thought I saw something shadowy outside, turned out to be a squirrel running, etc. so I know the difference.

This gave me the heebie jeebies. I have goosebumps on my face. That's some freaking stuff, right there.

I read the whole cliff's notes wondering when the crazy part was coming. These things have happened to me my whole life. They don't happen in this house, but they happen other places. Either we're both crazy or neither of us is.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just popping in to say that I'm in the middle of my trial pie-making. All the individual recipes came out wonderfully (crust, peanut butter filling, ganache) and I'm getting ready to whip the cream for the top. I've discovered that I need more crust, less filling, and less ganache though, so when I make the final pies I'll adjust those.

The pie has looked lovely at every stage, and I wanted to take progress shots, but I thought it would bore most everyone if I showed a bunch of progress shots. Plus, since I still can't walk well, trying to make the pie and get around well enough to take pictures would be a challenge. I'll definitely be taking pictures of the final product, though; promise!

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I took your advice about the ganache into account and also took my laziness into account. I let the ganache cool a little (It was warm but not hot) and poured it onto the (carefully flattened as much as possible) peanut butter filling directly, after chilling the filling for several hours, and tilted the pan to spread as I had originally planned. It worked well, so thankfully I won't have to apply the ganache in two layers. I figured I'd try the lazy way on this trial pie, because it's okay for this one to be disastrous. :p

Nice to know that works. Thanks.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Weird question - has anyone here ever dealt with ovarian cysts? The last 2 months I've had progressively more pain in my left side. I've gone in to the doc and had an ultrasound, but the image of the left ovary was not clear for some reason. So, am waiting for a follow up with my regular doc in a couple weeks. Just wondered whether anyone has had cysts and can tell me what helped the pain.

I'm keeping on top of the situation... I'm healthy otherwise, about 22 lbs from my goal weight of 160lbs, and don't have a history of any other medical issues. Thanks for your input!

Yes. Pineapple and chamomile tea helped because both have anti-inflammatory properties. Also turmeric if you like it. Warm compresses. Heavy pain medication as a last resort.

They resolved themselves after my celiac diagnosis and so did my arthritis (mostly). My immune system attacking me was causing most of my issues with inflammation.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I like science so I rationalize/explain away a lot of things but in every home I've been in, since I was 10-12 (age when Puberty hit me hard), weird things happen. They happen so regularly that I now just shrug and deal with it.

Briefly:
    -Grandpa died in a nursing home for Alzheimer's patients. He was healthy as a horse just not in his right mind, Had a dream the night before he died that he was in a storm and scared but then white light took him up away from the storm. Next morning my mom called me and told me he got locked out of the home and was stuck in the yard all night and was coughing/sick (it rained). He died a week later.

-Saw things in just about every home I've been in.

-I had a miscarriage (I've had a few, actually, but I just never talk about them) and it was a pretty bad one, pain-wise. Was in bed watching TV and heard a giant bang (like shake the walls kind of bang) in the kitchen, went in the kitchen, nothing amiss except my keys were lying in the middle of the floor. Weird, they were in my purse, but k, gravity makes things fall. Put them back in, nothing happened. Took a really hot shower later in the day to help with the pain, nothing weird when I got in, when I came out in the mirror there was "Bb" in the steam (like that, capital B, lowercase b). Pretty faint though.

-We get footsteps running up and down our stairs. At night I'll be sitting in the living room armchair and hear little quick steps like my 3.5 yr old running going up/down the stairs right in front of me, so I'd see if it was DS. I still always check on him anyway. He's always asleep. I'm always the last one up, bc I don't sleep much.

-I get tappings on windows that follow me as I move around the house (I go in the living room, hear it in the kitchen. Go in the kitchen to check, hear it in the living room window right by the chair I always sit in). We have a floodlight right outside in both places and I never see anything. We had that in our old apartment, our previous house, and then the house we just moved to in April. k, fine, our house is from 1972 so older, but our last house was from 2012.

That's just some of it; it doesn't bother me anymore but it'll spook DH. Usually happens to me but he occasionally gets it too so he's stopped making fun of me about it.

I swear I'm not nuts, either (although crazy people never think they're crazy, so...) I always shrug it off, but after a while, you start to think there's something there.

and I have had it happen where I thought I saw something shadowy outside, turned out to be a squirrel running, etc. so I know the difference.

This gave me the heebie jeebies. I have goosebumps on my face. That's some freaking stuff, right there.

I read the whole cliff's notes wondering when the crazy part was coming. These things have happened to me my whole life. They don't happen in this house, but they happen other places. Either we're both crazy or neither of us is.

I'm a scientist with many years of schooling and training and I can't explain a number of things that have happened to me. I would love to explain them but so far I can't. So I offer no explanation for this. Here's one of many examples. When I was in my early 20's I had broken up with a cheating & lying boyfriend. It had been awhile since the breakup. He wanted to talk. Fine. To talk we went for a drive in my little gray pickup truck. I was driving and I turned off of PCH near Malibu onto Mulholand Drive. It was just about dusk. I had not driven that part of Mulholand Drive before but I knew it went all the way through to more populated areas. I had not driven far when we approached a huge tree overhanging the road. The tree (and I don't know why I knew it was the tree, but I knew- the voice was inside my head and out loud at the same time, and our windows were up but it was not muffled) said to me "Stop, turn around." I heard it. Ex bf heard it and we looked at each other and at the tree (although within five minutes he denied it without prompting.) I drove just a little further and again "Stop. Turn around." Who am I to argue with a tree? I made a U-turn and went back to PCH and we finished our drive. A few days later I read in the newspaper about a body being found just beyond where I had driven. The description of the woman, age, height, hair color, etc, and the description of the vehicle fit me and my vehicle.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So... Here's my pie. Forgive my disgusting kitchen, I made it into a whirlwind mess while preparing the pie (as usual), and I haven't cleaned it up yet. Behold!

5bc0tk918xzo.jpg

kmh9v0m66f1d.jpg

Pretty enough to show my mother-in-law? :p I'm planning to clean up the edges a little when I make the other two pies, the ganache over-spilled the crust a little because there was too much filling. :)

Beautiful! I told you that you could do it!!