Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    @ShibaEars I just dropped some Coconut Almond Butter on my pants ugh! At least I'm at home & it landed on my pant leg.

I used to always order this Nacho Chili Cheese meal at work & of course it would always be when I had on a white shirt. Do you think I could ever not make a mess on my shirt? Heck no! Luckily I had a vest to wear that none of the customers could see.

I feel your pain! Lol. At least if you're at home, you can throw it in the wash or change. You won't have to walk around strategically holding papers/file folders to cover it :wink:
    @ShibaEars I just dropped some Coconut Almond Butter on my pants ugh! At least I'm at home & it landed on my pant leg.

I used to always order this Nacho Chili Cheese meal at work & of course it would always be when I had on a white shirt. Do you think I could ever not make a mess on my shirt? Heck no! Luckily I had a vest to wear that none of the customers could see.

If there is tomato sauce anywhere in my vicinity, it will end up on my shirt.

Yes. And I don't wear white often, but I always seemed to on days where I'd have tomato sauce in my lunch.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    @crosbylee I was so excited to try it out that I cut it open although it needed a few more hours to finish chilling completely, so predictably it made a huge mess. But I did get pictures! ;)

lmmfpnxsaqsv.jpg
    ewv8jwy9eqnu.jpg

If you look between the whipped cream and the filling, you'll see a nice layer of chocolate ganache. :)

Things I learned in my taste trial:
    - Too much whipped cream. I thought this might be the case, since the layer of whipped cream is as thick as the pie filling. I'll be decreasing it by approximately 1/3rd next time.
    - The whipped cream wasn't sweet enough and had way too much vanilla. I knew about the vanilla, because I lost my grip on the bottle and it flooded the whipped cream, but I'll need to increase the powdered sugar a little bit.
    - Otherwise? Mmmmm. My husband didn't like it very much, because he said peanut butter in pie is weird and he isn't used to the idea or the taste. ;) I hope his family likes it, though!

It looks delish!! Please post in in our recipe thread. My husband loves peanut butter and this would be just the thing for him!

Will do, once I tweak the recipe I made to account for the issues I found in the trial pie. :)
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    I'll be sure to post another picture when I cut into it so you can all see the different layers! :)

I NEED THAT. I mean... ummm... it looks terrible... you should probably send it to the new food recycling place in Vancouver WA (aka my home). Let me get you the address....

:wink:

lol! I'll be sure to send it right away... :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 That pie looks delicious. Also, no such thing as 'too much whipped cream'.

Mr Tubbs and I just returned from a spontaneously spontaneous night away without kids! It was lovely - I posted some pics in the Batcave.

Correction: There's too much whipped cream when it drowns out the chocolate. There can never be too much chocolate, however. ;)

Sounds like you had a lovely time! :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    just jumping in...ironically after @jthurman3 posted about me (but I will resist going back and looking at what she said) with my daily non sequitur:

My friend posted something about funniest things that people have bought when drunk. One of them was a package of communion wafers on amazon. So just for fun she went and looked at the reviews of communion wafers on Amazon.

Not for the overly religious, but if you have a sense of humor about religion this is pretty funny:

http://www.amazon.com/Communion-Wafers-1000-Broadman-Press/dp/0805470859/ref=pd_sbs_236_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=053JWTX3BM56299770G1

The third review made me laugh so hard.

"A dieter's prayer"
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 that pie looks delicious and I don't have a sweet tooth.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I had a rather large one not too long after I had my daughter and was in quite a bit of pain. The doctor prescribed some stuff and I used a heating pad for about a month or so...however long they need to see if it's going to get bigger, smaller, or disappear. It got bigger so they removed the cyst. Recovery was a couple days without heavy lifting. The only bad part was I put on ten pounds after the surgery.

Ouch! And the recovery doesn't seem too bad. Hmmm....except for the gaining 10lbs part! Ack. Thank you so much for sharing and letting me know! It'll be a couple weeks before I know anything more, but it's great to know that even if surgery may be involved, it may not be too hard to bounce back from.
    I hope you get a diagnosis soon and that any treatment goes well.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

I'm like that too. I managed to get my lunch onto three garments today (pants, t-shirt, overshirt).
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Just popping by to say, I'm still behind (page 1225) but the end is getting nearer so I'm encouraged. Also, I hate my job sometimes. That is all.
    Only sometimes is better than all the time! :)
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

I'm like that too. I managed to get my lunch onto three garments today (pants, t-shirt, overshirt).

Ha! This is TOTALLY me, too. I had a Lean Cuisine for lunch that involved gravy. Naturally, I got it on both my shirt and pants. I think I need a bib. Or overalls.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    So... Here's my pie. Forgive my disgusting kitchen, I made it into a whirlwind mess while preparing the pie (as usual), and I haven't cleaned it up yet. Behold!

5bc0tk918xzo.jpg

kmh9v0m66f1d.jpg

Pretty enough to show my mother-in-law? :p I'm planning to clean up the edges a little when I make the other two pies, the ganache over-spilled the crust a little because there was too much filling. :)

I heart you. I wish there was a fast and easy way to ship desserts to Ohio from over there :(
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @crosbylee I was so excited to try it out that I cut it open although it needed a few more hours to finish chilling completely, so predictably it made a huge mess. But I did get pictures! ;)

lmmfpnxsaqsv.jpg
    ewv8jwy9eqnu.jpg

If you look between the whipped cream and the filling, you'll see a nice layer of chocolate ganache. :)

Things I learned in my taste trial:
    - Too much whipped cream. I thought this might be the case, since the layer of whipped cream is as thick as the pie filling. I'll be decreasing it by approximately 1/3rd next time.
    - The whipped cream wasn't sweet enough and had way too much vanilla. I knew about the vanilla, because I lost my grip on the bottle and it flooded the whipped cream, but I'll need to increase the powdered sugar a little bit.
    - Otherwise? Mmmmm. My husband didn't like it very much, because he said peanut butter in pie is weird and he isn't used to the idea or the taste. ;) I hope his family likes it, though!

Oh em gee...looks SO delish!! I'm sure your in laws will LOVE it!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @ShibaEars , so glad she's doing better!
    @Susieq_1994, I need that pie!!

I am also in the "if I wear white I will DEFINITELY spill tomato sauce, hot sauce, or ketchup on it" club...
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I usually don't track closely but I "think" I eat 1450-1650 calories a day or more sometimes and rarely less. (Again, I'm a petite woman so that is probably about right for maintenance or slight deficit) but today was a fairly rare off day for me. I had an entire "share" size package of peanut M&M's that pushed me up to the 1250-1300 calories already today and dinner is still hours away. I guess I'll have to do some exercise tonight. I'm just BLAH. ETA - I was planning to exercise anyway but now I feel like I *have* to exercise. Big difference between, yeah I'm heading to the gym and I *have* to go to the gym.

(grumpy pants on) I also just had the same exact conversation with a potential customer that I had a month and two days ago. He's a nice guy but SHEESH. We can't do what you need done. You can ask many times but we can't do it. This is the third time I've had this same conversation with him in three months. ALMOST word for word.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So I got a game in the mail today. It's from the Harvest Moon series... nothing hardcore but I've always found it adorable and relaxing. You basically just go around town building your home and relationships and farming. Just a quiet and cute game :) Right now I'm feeling a bit panicky (I don't know if my posts show it or not) so I'm hoping it can soothe me :tongue:

My husband was telling me that he LOVED this game! I've never played it, but now I'm curious. I was lamenting selling my old school Nintendo years ago and wishing I had it to play some Zelda or Super Mario on again. I worked hard at my grandma's farm to earn the money to buy the NES for myself when I was about 10 years old. It was the first thing I ever really WORKED for and it taught me a lot about the value of money/time/effort. I'll be 39 next month and have to adult most days.... but MAN, I'd love to just spend a day playing the old games I loved!

I confess that I didn't grow up playing Mario and Zelda (I mostly played PlayStation 2 games). I think I played my first Zelda game at 17 or 18: Majora's Mask. It remains one of my favorite games EVER and definitely my favorite in the Zelda series :tongue: My boyfriend and I have almost every single console out there. Harvest Moon is great and relaxing but I've been spending way too much time on it! :lol:

I stink at video games! My favorite games were Super Mario Brothers & Donkey Kong for the Super Nintendo & I loved the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game for the Nintendo. I remember my sister & I thinking we had beat Donkey Kong & the credits started to roll only for a bad guy to come back & kill us. My favorite DS Games are Hotel Dusk (had to use a walk through on some parts) & Ace Attorney.

My grandma had an Atari & I loved playing the racing game Pole Position & I remember playing a Popeye game. She also had a game that you saved people from a school with a helicopter & I remember one that you would ride in what looked like a dune buggy & had to jump over potholes.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited July 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Well this weekend was a blast! Friday evening the mancreature and I went shopping for birthday stuff for him, he has a new summer wardrobe now and I bought a new pair of running shorts (longer shorts that are compression with a shorter looser shorts over top because chub rub sucks!).
    Saturday was a annual volleyball tournament which started at 9am and ended at 4pm. I suck at Volleyball but man was it a blast to just play! We went to a house party afterwards as well which was fun, I had a beer beers but nothing crazy. I made it through the day without being burnt!
    Sunday was a lazy day, netflix and gaming for me.

This Thursday we are heading camping up north (zero signal!) for 5 days, I don't want to work because I'm excited haha. I already have my list sorted out (we're shopping today), I've got healthy foods listed as well as some junk. I think while we are gone I am going to try and get in tune with my body and do intuitive eating, we shall see how that goes.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Of course when you go camping you at least have to make some S'mores.

Oh my YES! S,mores!!!

I am still kicking myself for not buying some Peeps when they went on half off. A poster in the Gelato group said they make an excellent S'More since the sugar caramelizes.

When I was younger we would make Mountain Pies & put pizza sauce, cheese, & other pizza toppings on them. *drools*. I've heard people even make desserts with the campfire makers.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited July 2015
    Options
    AVOID THE HARIBOS! :laugh:

Those things are HORRIBLE. Ugh! :mask:

ETA: If I had more practice with my creative writing skills, I would have written my own hilarious Amazon review of those demon bears!

Ahahahaha that review was seriously the funniest one I've ever read. The part about the construction workers & probably jumping off the roof to find a Porta Potty :D.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have been sleeping terribly for the past two nights. Getting out of bed thinking that I have to do something or save someone (the yoga woman from Orange is the New Black for some reason), sitting up straight staring at the wall while still half dreaming, moving around and waking up every thirty minutes. I feel so tired. To top it off, my feet and legs are acting up (I have restless leg syndrome like almost every woman on my mom's side...). It's not too bad right now, but it's enough to make it difficult for me to fall back asleep. Hoping I can get a nap in today.

May I join you in the freaky dreamers' club?

Last night I dreamt that people kept falling off the edges of things and just landing head first below. I kept warning them this was likely to happen if they went up there, but they ignored me. Horrific! It does show I'm a know-all, even in my dreams.

I had a horrible dream last night too!! I dreamnt that my gums were coming loose from my teeth and peeling and I could pull on some gums and they'd break away from my teeth and leave these huge gaping holes. I have no idea why and it was awful!

Do any of you dream about work? When I first started to cashier I used to dream almost every night that I would be ringing people out & then say, "sorry, my line's closed." Ugh! I said it was a recurring nightmare since I couldn't get away from work.

I would say my scariest was the time I dreamt that Adolph Hitler was alive & was coming to kill me. I even woke up in a pile of sweat & had to think to myself if he was dead or alive.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I have been sleeping terribly for the past two nights. Getting out of bed thinking that I have to do something or save someone (the yoga woman from Orange is the New Black for some reason), sitting up straight staring at the wall while still half dreaming, moving around and waking up every thirty minutes. I feel so tired. To top it off, my feet and legs are acting up (I have restless leg syndrome like almost every woman on my mom's side...). It's not too bad right now, but it's enough to make it difficult for me to fall back asleep. Hoping I can get a nap in today.

Last night I dreamt that people kept falling off the edges of things and just landing head first below. I kept warning them this was likely to happen if they went up there, but they ignored me. Horrific! It does show I'm a know-all, even in my dreams.

I had a horrible dream last night too!! I dreamnt that my gums were coming loose from my teeth and peeling and I could pull on some gums and they'd break away from my teeth and leave these huge gaping holes. I have no idea why and it was awful!

*shudder* I've had dreams similar to that and they're just awful. You should look up the meaning. I believe that (some) dreams have meanings - I can't remember exactly what teeth dreams mean, but I do remember it fit for what was going on in my life at the time.

I've had a few times where I'll dream that I ate something & my stomach will hurt in my dream only to wake up & then realize I have the stomach bug.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Ha! This is TOTALLY me, too. I had a Lean Cuisine for lunch that involved gravy. Naturally, I got it on both my shirt and pants. I think I need a bib. Or overalls.

Yeah, I just realized that I have old oil (maybe? who knows) spots on the shirt I've been wearing all day. I totally need a bib. I really hate clothes shopping, like hate with a passion, and my small town doesn't really have much shopping to speak of. Given the loss of this shirt, I may have to cave soon...

@Susieq_1994 your pie looks amazing!!!

@jthurman3 enjoy Mt. Adams! That will be a super fun thing to train for :)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Do any of you dream about work? When I first started to cashier I used to dream almost every night that I would be ringing people out & then say, "sorry, my line's closed." Ugh! I said it was a recurring nightmare since I couldn't get away from work.

I would say my scariest was the time I dreamt that Adolph Hitler was alive & was coming to kill me. I even woke up in a pile of sweat & had to think to myself if he was dead or alive.

I used to have bartender dreams all the time. Same thing - I'd just be working like normal except it never slowed down and I kept running out of stuff, and it would go on all night even if I woke up and went back to sleep. They didn't stop for about a year after I got an office job and still occasionally return when I'm very stressed. But it was not awesome to get home in the early morning, dream I was working all night, get up, go to a couple classes and straight back to work, over and over for weeks. No wonder I was such a mess in my last couple years of undergrad...

I'm one of those that believes dreams are just the way your brain files information away when you're asleep, but I do think a lot of dreams with common motifs are obviously the brain's way of doing that - like I've read that losing your teeth in dreams can be due to change-related stress (which totally makes sense to me) and falling dreams might be due to feeling out-of-control in the day time (also logical to me.)