Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Thanks for all the positive wishes for my daughter. She left work an hour early today and went home to cry it out some more. She's going to try to figure out what she wants to do with herself for the next 6 weeks or so before school starts. I want her to come down here, obviously...

How is your daughter doing today @rungirl1973 ?

Thanks for asking. She seems to have calmed down. She's planning to quit her job and take some time to visit a friend in Illinois before moving down here with me for the rest of the summer. She didn't go to work today. I think it's for the best, the environment she was in was not a good one. I told her she could always go to a temp agency and work here for a few weeks if she wanted to fill her time and make a few extra bucks. You can't drive 1/4 mile without running across a staffing agency around here.

That sounds like an excellent plan, that didn't seem to be the greatest work place (I couldn't work at the same place as an ex..) She needs her family so I'm happy she's heading home to you for the rest of the summer!

+1

Also..@CountessKitteh, I'm daydreaming about my delicious vegetarian version of a steak and cheese sub that I'm having for dinner. Seriously...just typing it out has my mouth watering.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and was disappointed to see I'm up 6 pounds. Some of it could be water weight from the weekend and TOM, but I struggle every summer. It's so easy to BBQ burgers & hotdogs, crack open a cooler and veg out. Especially when it's hot. I need to figure out how to break this yearly cycle.

Definitely hard, ice cream is my weakness :(

Speaking of...is your Ben and Jerry's still in the freezer? Your goal was to make it last until Wednesday, right?

Shucks...I was hoping no one would ask :D Totally polished it off last night haha whoops! But that's a whole day longer than it usually lasts :#o:)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I'm somehow 4 days behind on this thread!

Confession: Every so often I like to do a sweetcorn test. It's a way of seeing how long food takes to pass through your gut. I'll spare you the details.

It used to take 24-48 hours. I was efficient. This last one took 6 days! No wonder I feel sluggish!

How long is it supposed to take? Just that I've noticed corn kernels exiting about 12 - 14 hours later...

You are some kind of wonder woman, that's pretty good going!

I thought rapid transit might be a bad thing and now I'm wonder woman! :) I'm just naturally accelerated I guess. I heal way faster than normal too.

And your pregnancy reveal was adorable!
  • ythannah
    edited July 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Confession: I bought a children's duck-down vest at Costco last night because it was made of real down but $20. $20! Luckily I'm hobbit-sized and can make that stuff fit (at least with athletic wear, which generally doesn't look so obviously from the kids' section) because it's so much cheaper than adult clothes. So yeah, I wear kids' clothes....

I'm far from hobbit-sized (I'm 5'9) but I own quite a few kids' XXL clothes from the Gap because a) they're something where length didn't matter b) they were cute and on sale dirt cheap and c) kids' clothing is exempt from sales tax here -- double win. Including... drum roll please... a down vest!

Oh, wait. My bust probably qualifies as hobbit-sized. :|

eta: my vest is hot pink too... that's so weird
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.
    Oh, so sorry :/ What was the prescription for? The anxiety?
    I could have written this. My daughter is really struggling too (19 yo - the one with anemia, which is not improving), and we had to spend $2000 on fillings for my son because he didn't brush properly when he had braces. Seriously, kid?

My parents would have killed me.
    Yeah, he wasn't Mr Popular.

The boy's teeth are literally rotting / chipping away. He has one that's chipped all the way down to the gumline. He said, "I wish I would have brushed more when I was younger.'

Really? What were you doing every day when I sent you to the bathroom to brush your teeth?

Ugh.
    Teenage boys are truly disgusting, with their BO and brown teeth and devil-may-care attitudes.
    I nagged and nagged my oldest to take showers, brush his teeth, change his clothes etc etc. Nothing. Then he suddenly started doing all those things and I asked him why. A girl at school had told him he smelled bad. That was all it took. I'm thinking of paying a girl at #2 son's school to do the same for him.

My 9-almost 10 year old daughter is near the same way. Hates showers, tries to shirk brushing her teeth, wipes her mouth on her hand or wipes her fingers on her pants. Like literally, 2 days ago I made her a bean & cheese burrito, well afterwards I am looking at her and see all of this crud on her pants and I am like WTF is that??? Apparently that was from the filling would come out a bit and get on her fingers so instead of grabbing one of the many napkins right in front of her face, she elected to wipe them on her black pants. And her tablet is always grimy with gunk all over the screen (meaning everything else she touches also has the grime!) Uuugh!

Not to crush your dreams she'll grow out of this, Rachael is 13 and is STILL the same way. Her tablet and phone are GROSS! :#

What?!?!?! lol

vader.jpg
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Me neither. I remember having major surgery when I was 19 and the first night I was given a bedpan to pee in... even though my bladder was close to bursting, it took a LOT of effort to pee while sitting in bed.

Aaaaand... four days later, I'm finally caught up!

Yay for being caught up! In triathlon people go to the bathroom in their wetsuit and on the bike. While under extreme duress I can go in my wetsuit now (but not while swimming) I refuse to go on the bike (I think that is beyond disgusting and since I am not fast I see no reason not to stop at a portapotty on course). They even go while running...no way could I do that.

I find this with equal parts of awesome and disgusting. :flushed:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Confession: I bought a children's duck-down vest at Costco last night because it was made of real down but $20. $20! Luckily I'm hobbit-sized and can make that stuff fit (at least with athletic wear, which generally doesn't look so obviously from the kids' section) because it's so much cheaper than adult clothes. So yeah, I wear kids' clothes....

I'm far from hobbit-sized (I'm 5'9) but I own quite a few kids' XXL clothes from the Gap because a) they're something where length didn't matter b) they were cute and on sale dirt cheap and c) kids' clothing is exempt from sales tax here -- double win. Including... drum roll please... a down vest!

Oddly, mine does not (I wear a 28H in American sizes) but because my frame is small underneath them (ribcage/shoulders) they still fit in kids' tops by some weird alchemy.

I've never been able to figure out who women's clothing is actually cut for, because it's certainly not people like me, but then bigger and or/taller women (even my tall slim friends who would seem to have a body like a runway model) say nothing fits them either. So who is this stuff for (and who is the child that my girls' shirts were intended for, for that matter)?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and was disappointed to see I'm up 6 pounds. Some of it could be water weight from the weekend and TOM, but I struggle every summer. It's so easy to BBQ burgers & hotdogs, crack open a cooler and veg out. Especially when it's hot. I need to figure out how to break this yearly cycle.

Speaking of...is your Ben and Jerry's still in the freezer? Your goal was to make it last until Wednesday, right?

Shucks...I was hoping no one would ask :D Totally polished it off last night haha whoops! But that's a whole day longer than it usually lasts :#o:)

Sorry I asked but thanks for being honest! And good job on making it last an extra day!!! I'd say that's a win!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've been daydreaming about the salad I plan to make for dinner since 9:30am today.

Please shared this dreamlike salad's recipe!! I'm always looking for new salad recipes!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Sorry I asked but thanks for being honest! And good job on making it last an extra day!!! I'd say that's a win!

It's okay- thanks for keeping me accountable! I make mistakes and I mess up but I just start over after the mess up!
  • TigerNY128
    Options
    Confession: I've been daydreaming about the salad I plan to make for dinner since 9:30am today.

No shame there! My stepmother-in-law (or "bonus mom" as I like to call her) makes this one great salad we're obsessed with and we're planning to replicate it tonight if I can convince her to tell me how she makes the dressing. It has apples and soft cheese and tons of spinach and tomatoes and some magic dressing I can't pick apart with my palate....

I miiiiiiiiight have been thinking about it since this morning as well.

Share this recipe too, please when you get it!!
  • ythannah
    Options

Oddly, mine does not (I wear a 28H in American sizes) but because my frame is small underneath them (ribcage/shoulders) they still fit in kids' tops by some weird alchemy.

I've never been able to figure out who women's clothing is actually cut for, because it's certainly not people like me, but then bigger and or/taller women (even my tall slim friends who would seem to have a body like a runway model) say nothing fits them either. So who is this stuff for (and who is the child that my girls' shirts were intended for, for that matter)?

My heavens, where on earth do you find bras that size??? I thought it was a challenge getting 32C but I will never complain again... I can still find a few here and there.

And I have NO idea what the "average" woman that is supposed to fit these clothes looks like... I always assumed she was just shorter than me and blamed the poor fit on my length... like the waistline of dresses ending up around my ribs, midway between waist and bust, or rises that are too short.
  • TigerNY128
    Options

Haha, well that's progress! :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    This is sort of a confession. I'm not that good with words. I'm not a quick thinker at all. I'm one of those people that thinks of the perfect thing to say 10 minutes after the conversation is over. Sometimes on here I want to comment but can't think of anything useful to say so I just don't comment or I wait for someone else to say what I'm feeling and say "yeah, me too!" Anyway, the other day I was talking to a coworker and she commented on how good I looked, had I lost more weight, yadda, yadda. (which I'm kinda uncomfortable talking about my weight loss) I mumbled something about "ha, I wish" but she has recently lost some weight too and I didn't even think to say anything to her until I walked away. I felt bad. I'm pretty sure she was fishing for a compliment and I completely blew it, I would have given it to her too cause she looks great but sometimes I'm incredibly self centered.

I am the exact same way. I've started replies to posts on here then abandon them because I can't figure out how to properly word them (and now I'm worried that this one won't make sense). I don't think it's about being self-centered, I think it's more of an anxiety thing. It's like I get overwhelmed trying to form an appropriate response, then I miss the opportunities to ask questions or compliment the other person. I always have snappy responses after the fact :disappointed:

I will say though that just because someone compliments you does not mean that you have to compliment them back. If at another time you think she's looking great then say so. It will seem more sincere since you've brought it up on your own.

I have this problem in real life all the time... especially in an argument. In here I have no issues...I probably say too much! But the beauty of this is you can take as long as you like for the perfect response. ;)

Did you ever watch the show "Sabrina the Teenage Witch"? She could stop time whenever she wanted. I've always wanted this skill. When I get stumped for a response, I could freeze time and form a witty reply before unfreezing. People would think I was so clever.

ETA: I also still want the ability to change my outfit/hair style with a snap of my fingers.

That would be seriously awesome!! Yep, I'm way behind :)
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So I got a game in the mail today. It's from the Harvest Moon series... nothing hardcore but I've always found it adorable and relaxing. You basically just go around town building your home and relationships and farming. Just a quiet and cute game :) Right now I'm feeling a bit panicky (I don't know if my posts show it or not) so I'm hoping it can soothe me :tongue:

My husband was telling me that he LOVED this game! I've never played it, but now I'm curious. I was lamenting selling my old school Nintendo years ago and wishing I had it to play some Zelda or Super Mario on again. I worked hard at my grandma's farm to earn the money to buy the NES for myself when I was about 10 years old. It was the first thing I ever really WORKED for and it taught me a lot about the value of money/time/effort. I'll be 39 next month and have to adult most days.... but MAN, I'd love to just spend a day playing the old games I loved!

My husband plays all those old-school games without a NES or SNES. He does it via a standard PC plugged into a TV, with one of the old controllers plugged in. You can get all kinds of retro games downloaded, exactly as they were. He is currently swearing his way through original Mario. No idea how one goes about setting this up, but is a possibility!

WHAAAAAT????? Please tell me how he does this!! You can PM me if you want. I've been jonesing for some old school platform-style games! :-)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I'm up 6 lbs from my lowest too. Can't seem to break it. I'm trying to make sure I'm drinking enough water (and less alcohol?). I've tried (pretty unsuccessfully) to cut back on the eating. It's hard with all the summer parties, cookouts, etc. We are in the same boat!

While I'm sorry you are struggling a bit too, I'm glad I'm not alone! lol I know a lot of people complain about gaining weight over Thanksgiving & Christmas, but for me summer is the toughest season.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I was feeling inspired by @pofoster21 so I went looking for a run to do. I'm nowhere near ready to do a half-anything but I found a 5K in the fall that allows dogs. Anything I can include my dog in makes me happy :smile: I'm never motivated to do any proper training when I do runs on my own, but I will have to do some this time to make sure my dog is prepared.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just popping in to say that I'm in the middle of my trial pie-making. All the individual recipes came out wonderfully (crust, peanut butter filling, ganache) and I'm getting ready to whip the cream for the top. I've discovered that I need more crust, less filling, and less ganache though, so when I make the final pies I'll adjust those.

The pie has looked lovely at every stage, and I wanted to take progress shots, but I thought it would bore most everyone if I showed a bunch of progress shots. Plus, since I still can't walk well, trying to make the pie and get around well enough to take pictures would be a challenge. I'll definitely be taking pictures of the final product, though; promise!

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I took your advice about the ganache into account and also took my laziness into account. I let the ganache cool a little (It was warm but not hot) and poured it onto the (carefully flattened as much as possible) peanut butter filling directly, after chilling the filling for several hours, and tilted the pan to spread as I had originally planned. It worked well, so thankfully I won't have to apply the ganache in two layers. I figured I'd try the lazy way on this trial pie, because it's okay for this one to be disastrous. :p
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Weird question - has anyone here ever dealt with ovarian cysts? The last 2 months I've had progressively more pain in my left side. I've gone in to the doc and had an ultrasound, but the image of the left ovary was not clear for some reason. So, am waiting for a follow up with my regular doc in a couple weeks. Just wondered whether anyone has had cysts and can tell me what helped the pain.

I'm keeping on top of the situation... I'm healthy otherwise, about 22 lbs from my goal weight of 160lbs, and don't have a history of any other medical issues. Thanks for your input!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Weird question - has anyone here ever dealt with ovarian cysts? The last 2 months I've had progressively more pain in my left side. I've gone in to the doc and had an ultrasound, but the image of the left ovary was not clear for some reason. So, am waiting for a follow up with my regular doc in a couple weeks. Just wondered whether anyone has had cysts and can tell me what helped the pain.

I'm keeping on top of the situation... I'm healthy otherwise, about 22 lbs from my goal weight of 160lbs, and don't have a history of any other medical issues. Thanks for your input!

While I can't help, I know that a few posters here have mentioned having ovarian cysts, at least two that I can recall. @Francl27 was one of them, but she seems to have left us, and I don't remember the second--so here's hoping someone else will pitch in with their thoughts. :)