Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Thanks for all the positive wishes for my daughter. She left work an hour early today and went home to cry it out some more. She's going to try to figure out what she wants to do with herself for the next 6 weeks or so before school starts. I want her to come down here, obviously...

How is your daughter doing today @rungirl1973 ?

Thanks for asking. She seems to have calmed down. She's planning to quit her job and take some time to visit a friend in Illinois before moving down here with me for the rest of the summer. She didn't go to work today. I think it's for the best, the environment she was in was not a good one. I told her she could always go to a temp agency and work here for a few weeks if she wanted to fill her time and make a few extra bucks. You can't drive 1/4 mile without running across a staffing agency around here.

That sounds like an excellent plan, that didn't seem to be the greatest work place (I couldn't work at the same place as an ex..) She needs her family so I'm happy she's heading home to you for the rest of the summer!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've been daydreaming about the salad I plan to make for dinner since 9:30am today.

No shame there! My stepmother-in-law (or "bonus mom" as I like to call her) makes this one great salad we're obsessed with and we're planning to replicate it tonight if I can convince her to tell me how she makes the dressing. It has apples and soft cheese and tons of spinach and tomatoes and some magic dressing I can't pick apart with my palate....

I miiiiiiiiight have been thinking about it since this morning as well.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

I want your extra calories and your husband. I am seriously breaking one of the 10 commandments.

Are you coveting my husband's @ss? :wink: Sorry, I couldn't help it. He is a pretty wonderful man. God truly blessed with him and his stinky behind.

Also, if you read my diary yesterday, I didn't have extra calories to share, I actually had to borrow some from the day before. Whoops.

Well, I haven't seen your husband's posterior, so I would have to decline to comment on that one, but I do envy your relationship with him! I managed to stay under my calories but only after walking adjustment. I was better today!

He has a very sweet heiny. As a matter of fact, that's one of the things that physically attracted me to him. And congrats on staying under your calories.

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Confession: I've been daydreaming about the salad I plan to make for dinner since 9:30am today.

No shame there! My stepmother-in-law (or "bonus mom" as I like to call her) makes this one great salad we're obsessed with and we're planning to replicate it tonight if I can convince her to tell me how she makes the dressing. It has apples and soft cheese and tons of spinach and tomatoes and some magic dressing I can't pick apart with my palate....

That sounds amazing. I will never understand how salad got a reputation for being boring or bland!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive wishes for my daughter. She left work an hour early today and went home to cry it out some more. She's going to try to figure out what she wants to do with herself for the next 6 weeks or so before school starts. I want her to come down here, obviously...

How is your daughter doing today @rungirl1973 ?

Thanks for asking. She seems to have calmed down. She's planning to quit her job and take some time to visit a friend in Illinois before moving down here with me for the rest of the summer. She didn't go to work today. I think it's for the best, the environment she was in was not a good one. I told her she could always go to a temp agency and work here for a few weeks if she wanted to fill her time and make a few extra bucks. You can't drive 1/4 mile without running across a staffing agency around here.

Happy to hear! Hopefully after a break she will be able to find a workplace that she is happy & comfortable in.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Confession: I bought a children's duck-down vest at Costco last night because it was made of real down but $20. $20! Luckily I'm hobbit-sized and can make that stuff fit (at least with athletic wear, which generally doesn't look so obviously from the kids' section) because it's so much cheaper than adult clothes. So yeah, I wear kids' clothes....

I see nothing wrong with this! All of the jerseys that I have for football/baseball/hockey that I wear to games are Boys size L or XL. They fit me, and they're usually about half the cost of the adult version. I figured this out way back when my son started growing out of those sizes.
  • peleroja
    Options

That sounds amazing. I will never understand how salad got a reputation for being boring or bland!

I think it is when you drench it in flavourless white stuff from a Kraft bottle, haha. And a lot of people seem to think that salads are made of iceberg lettuce, anemic tomatoes, a couple cucumber slices, and a glob of pale jellylike dressing.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Are you going to tell us about your salad?
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

I want your extra calories and your husband. I am seriously breaking one of the 10 commandments.

Are you coveting my husband's @ss? :wink: Sorry, I couldn't help it. He is a pretty wonderful man. God truly blessed with him and his stinky behind.

Also, if you read my diary yesterday, I didn't have extra calories to share, I actually had to borrow some from the day before. Whoops.

Well, I haven't seen your husband's posterior, so I would have to decline to comment on that one, but I do envy your relationship with him! I managed to stay under my calories but only after walking adjustment. I was better today!

He has a very sweet heiny. As a matter of fact, that's one of the things that physically attracted me to him. And congrats on staying under your calories.

I was skimming the posts and at first glance thought this said "sweaty heiny" and when I got to the "physically attracted" part I had to go back. Of course I wouldn't judge if you were into sweaty, but I'm glad that's not what it said! lol :lol:
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Wait wait - aren't you still on vacation? That has to be some crazy good salad - I request pictures!
  • peleroja
    Options
    Confession: I bought a children's duck-down vest at Costco last night because it was made of real down but $20. $20! Luckily I'm hobbit-sized and can make that stuff fit (at least with athletic wear, which generally doesn't look so obviously from the kids' section) because it's so much cheaper than adult clothes. So yeah, I wear kids' clothes....

I see nothing wrong with this! All of the jerseys that I have for football/baseball/hockey that I wear to games are Boys size L or XL. They fit me, and they're usually about half the cost of the adult version. I figured this out way back when my son started growing out of those sizes.

Honestly, the Costco kids section is one of my favourite places to buy athletic gear because the prices are great but the women's stuff is impossible for me (I once made the mistake of buying a pair of "low-rise" yoga pants that came up to an inch below my bra and had room for an extra leg in each side.) So that's where I get a lot of workout pants and hoodies and that kind of thing. I have little kids' ski boots too, socks, Converse, rain boots...$20 down vest pleases me greatly though. Hot pink, so I look ridiculous, but everyone should be used to that by now.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I like science so I rationalize/explain away a lot of things but in every home I've been in, since I was 10-12 (age when Puberty hit me hard), weird things happen. They happen so regularly that I now just shrug and deal with it.

Briefly:
    -Grandpa died in a nursing home for Alzheimer's patients. He was healthy as a horse just not in his right mind, Had a dream the night before he died that he was in a storm and scared but then white light took him up away from the storm. Next morning my mom called me and told me he got locked out of the home and was stuck in the yard all night and was coughing/sick (it rained). He died a week later.

-Saw things in just about every home I've been in.

-I had a miscarriage (I've had a few, actually, but I just never talk about them) and it was a pretty bad one, pain-wise. Was in bed watching TV and heard a giant bang (like shake the walls kind of bang) in the kitchen, went in the kitchen, nothing amiss except my keys were lying in the middle of the floor. Weird, they were in my purse, but k, gravity makes things fall. Put them back in, nothing happened. Took a really hot shower later in the day to help with the pain, nothing weird when I got in, when I came out in the mirror there was "Bb" in the steam (like that, capital B, lowercase b). Pretty faint though.

-We get footsteps running up and down our stairs. At night I'll be sitting in the living room armchair and hear little quick steps like my 3.5 yr old running going up/down the stairs right in front of me, so I'd see if it was DS. I still always check on him anyway. He's always asleep. I'm always the last one up, bc I don't sleep much.

-I get tappings on windows that follow me as I move around the house (I go in the living room, hear it in the kitchen. Go in the kitchen to check, hear it in the living room window right by the chair I always sit in). We have a floodlight right outside in both places and I never see anything. We had that in our old apartment, our previous house, and then the house we just moved to in April. k, fine, our house is from 1972 so older, but our last house was from 2012.

That's just some of it; it doesn't bother me anymore but it'll spook DH. Usually happens to me but he occasionally gets it too so he's stopped making fun of me about it.

I swear I'm not nuts, either (although crazy people never think they're crazy, so...) I always shrug it off, but after a while, you start to think there's something there.

and I have had it happen where I thought I saw something shadowy outside, turned out to be a squirrel running, etc. so I know the difference.

This gave me the heebie jeebies. I have goosebumps on my face. That's some freaking stuff, right there.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Okay, no one really took me up on our daily motivation, but I am going to go ahead and share progress anyway.

Steps: 19, 903 (vs. 25K goal) due to rain and help at barn, as I didn't do quite as much walking as I might normally due as I had help. +
    Never got to my run. I had forgotten my shoes so had clothes but no shoes at barn. So had to come home (kiss of death) and try to motivate myself. Well, after eating, and dealing with a washing machine mess (standing water due to clogged filter from washing bathroom mat that disintegrated) it was 10:00. I just couldn't get myself out then. +
    No alcohol +
    Did not work on dissertation. For the above reasons.

So not great. Today:

Flying to Dallas on a 6:40 flight (hence being up so early) for a meeting. So... this is really going to be a challenge but going to try to:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour
    Work in dissertation (I will use the plane trip to read some articles I have lined up for my literature review)
    No alcohol (this will also be challenging as I am going out with some of my team for 'drinks' as I am in Dallas and we don't see each other much.

So...on 3 hours sleep off I go. I'll probably check in at airport, etc. Have a great day all.

- Housework (Please, self, for the love of God, clean this house...)

This made me laugh so hard. ..

lol :p It made my husband snicker, too, when he saw it. I'm happy to report that house-cleaning is under way, and the apartment almost looks like humans live in it now!

... Not that it was a pigsty or anything, but I have a tendency to do a ton of cleaning in one day (like today...) and the house sparkles, then I let it all go downhill for a week or so until there's another ton of cleaning to do. I need to learn to just maintain the shiny! :p

This is why I have a cleaning service come once a month. Or nothing would ever get cleaned. Then it's insurmountable.

What all does your cleaning service do?

*Waves hello from page 1114*

*Waves back!* Ours does pretty much everything; unload/reload dishwasher, cleans and dusts all surfaces, vacuum, mop, ceiling fans, garbage, all bathrooms, makes our beds (I try to make sure this is already done). They came yesterday, our riding mower has been broken for three weeks and Mr. Kellie tried to fix it but couldn't. Mr. Kellie mentioned it to the cleaning guy (it's a married couple) and cleaning guy says 'oh, I can fix that'. So, he fixed it and Mr. Kellie gave him an extra $50. They also brought us some homemade brew last night! Seriously awesome people!

Would you mind sending them to KS for a while? My house is in serious disarray. I told Mr. Mo we're spending Saturday cleaning because I cannot take it anymore. He agreed and said he'd make us ribs. :smiley:

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    A while back, we were talking about kids and having an only child, I mentioned that I only have the one daughter and got grief about not having more kids. Well, there's more to the story-

When I married my current husband, my daughter was 13 and living pretty much with her dad. I was 42, DH was 37. He had never been married before and wanted children. I got pregnant pretty quickly after we got married. We were ecstatic. Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. We were devastated. It didn't help matters that my daughter got pregnant at 14 and it seemed like everyone was having babies but me. (It took me a long time for me to be able to even look at a baby without crying.) By the time we felt like we were ready to try again, it was too late- early menopause. It is still hard for me to talk about, and he is still bitter about it.

Sad. @Just_Ceci that breaks my heart. Hugs.

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

Wait wait - aren't you still on vacation? That has to be some crazy good salad - I request pictures!

i still randomly fantasize about a salad i had once about ten years ago.
    it was at this lil spot in mesa arizona.
    juicy lemon grilled chicken breast with this amazing lemon dressing.
    literally the best salad i've had in my life....
    i've actually considered taking a lil vacation back to that area to try and hunt it down. :D
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and was disappointed to see I'm up 6 pounds. Some of it could be water weight from the weekend and TOM, but I struggle every summer. It's so easy to BBQ burgers & hotdogs, crack open a cooler and veg out. Especially when it's hot. I need to figure out how to break this yearly cycle.

Definitely hard, ice cream is my weakness :(

Speaking of...is your Ben and Jerry's still in the freezer? Your goal was to make it last until Wednesday, right?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Okay, no one really took me up on our daily motivation, but I am going to go ahead and share progress anyway.

Steps: 19, 903 (vs. 25K goal) due to rain and help at barn, as I didn't do quite as much walking as I might normally due as I had help. +
    Never got to my run. I had forgotten my shoes so had clothes but no shoes at barn. So had to come home (kiss of death) and try to motivate myself. Well, after eating, and dealing with a washing machine mess (standing water due to clogged filter from washing bathroom mat that disintegrated) it was 10:00. I just couldn't get myself out then. +
    No alcohol +

So not great. Today:

Flying to Dallas on a 6:40 flight (hence being up so early) for a meeting. So... this is really going to be a challenge but going to try to:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour
    Work in dissertation (I will use the plane trip to read some articles I have lined up for my literature review)
    No alcohol (this will also be challenging as I am going out with some of my team for 'drinks' as I am in Dallas and we don't see each other much.

So...on 3 hours sleep off I go. I'll probably check in at airport, etc. Have a great day all.

lol :p It made my husband snicker, too, when he saw it. I'm happy to report that house-cleaning is under way, and the apartment almost looks like humans live in it now!

... Not that it was a pigsty or anything, but I have a tendency to do a ton of cleaning in one day (like today...) and the house sparkles, then I let it all go downhill for a week or so until there's another ton of cleaning to do. I need to learn to just maintain the shiny! :p

This is why I have a cleaning service come once a month. Or nothing would ever get cleaned. Then it's insurmountable.

*Waves back!* Ours does pretty much everything; unload/reload dishwasher, cleans and dusts all surfaces, vacuum, mop, ceiling fans, garbage, all bathrooms, makes our beds (I try to make sure this is already done). They came yesterday, our riding mower has been broken for three weeks and Mr. Kellie tried to fix it but couldn't. Mr. Kellie mentioned it to the cleaning guy (it's a married couple) and cleaning guy says 'oh, I can fix that'. So, he fixed it and Mr. Kellie gave him an extra $50. They also brought us some homemade brew last night! Seriously awesome people!

Would you mind sending them to KS for a while? My house is in serious disarray. I told Mr. Mo we're spending Saturday cleaning because I cannot take it anymore. He agreed and said he'd make us ribs. :smiley:

Oh, I will come help for some ribs!! Yum!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

No alcohol +

So not great. Today:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour

I think that might cost a little extra! ;) Ask friends and family if they have anyone that cleans for them that they trust. That's how we found our people!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    This is long so don't expect people to read it - just need to get it out!

Like a lot of other posters here I am going through lots of life stresses at the moment and the last few days have felt very sad, numb and unmotivated. I am ever so slightly eating my feelings 'grief bacon' but am logging it all so I can see it in black and white. My confession today is that I am fed up with never feeling as though I am allowed to be stressed or upset. Work, home, health are all suffering at the moment, but I am just expected to suck it up. If one more person says to me 'it could be worse' I might scream. I am silently screaming and unfortunately the pain is beginning to show on my face. I know things could be worse, just doesn't mean that because someone somewhere has it worse than me that I just have to 'be fine' all the time.

Dealing with mixed emotions is so hard - so happy for friends and loved ones who have fantastic things happening, mixed with my grief and sadness for what I am secretly going through. Not wanting to see friends because I don't want to make them miserable mixed with worrying I am not being a good friend by seeing them and sharing in their joys. Or, worse, that I am making them feel guilty for being happy.

Feels better to 'get it out' but I am so sad at the moment and I just wonder when bad things will stop happening!

Your feelings are valid. What you are going through is real and it is difficult for you. We understand and I am sure we have all been there at some point. You ARE allowed to feel this way and you ARE allowed to vent.

Yup. This! Hugs to you.

Coastal (responding to the first post since I never saw it) I feel the same. I pretty much feel like I'm drowning. I'm expected to be the rock for everyone, and most of the time I stoically am. But times like right now, I just want to scream and cry and throw a fit. I want someone to comfort ME and no one is. I'm supposed to hold it together and do 1,000 different things well every day, without fail or exception.

I joke with people a lot that it sucks to be me, because I don't get a "down day", but it's true. I'm expected to be on point 24/7 and I'm struggling. I get the "count your blessings" and "it could be worse" a LOT. Yes, it could be. In the scheme of things, what bothers me could be construed as petty. It doesn't mean it hurts less or I'm less upset. I am grateful for what I have, but aren't I also allowed to be upset too?!

Warning- the below will make me sound like an ungrateful brat. I know this, but they are MY feelings. I'm working on processing them, but it takes time.

I found out on Saturday that good friends of ours (who have 2 boys about the same age as us) are wanting a 3rd. They want to try for a girl. They previously said they were done but the DH changed his mind. I went upstairs and cried. I have wanted 3 kids since I was little. DH said no, 2 was all he could take. He got a vasectomy last Nov so there will only be 2. I agreed because I don't believe in forcing someone to have more kids if they don't want to. I'm not the only one involved in the decision. DH also swore we could look into adopting, which helped ease my feelings about the V.

I have regretted it EVERY DAY since. When I see parents out with 3 or more kids, I'm envious. If one or more is a girl, I am so jealous. I want a daughter. I always have. I love my boys so much, but there is a part of me that will always hurt because I wanted a girl. Both times, the u/s tech told me they were girls and I was blissful for a few weeks until told they were boys. They will never know. I will NEVER tell them they aren't "enough" for me, because they are. I am grateful they are both here and healthy and I would NOT trade them for anything, but I feel a twinge every time I look at a girl or girl baby. DH has also now decided he doesn't want to adopt, so I feel a bit of a pang of "bait and switch" sometimes when I think about it. Mostly I want 3 kids, but not gonna lie, a girl would be awesome.

I feel so alone, because DH is d-o-n-e. 2 is enough for him, he doesn't remotely want a 3rd. Talking to him about it doesn't help, because he has a hard time sympathizing with me. Ok, so he joked around and said I could get a dog to "mother". I agreed. Now last night he is reneging and saying "well, we can get a dog when we get x, y, and z done around the house". This will literally be YEARS. He knows this. Bait and switch #2.

He also said I could look into getting a new car within the month. So I've been plotting out savings, trade-in value, etc. This past weekend he decided nope, my Jeep runs fine for now and maybe we'll think about it in 6 months. Bait and switch #3.

I'm frustrated, I'm sad, I feel like everything I want always comes last after everyone else, and yes I know this is all first world problems, but right now it's rough. On top of it, I'm dieting strictly, so I think I'm just in a funk and crabby from that too. It's the one thing I feel like I'm succeeding at, though, so I don't want to give it up. I have 10.5 lb to go. I'm SO close. I just want to accomplish Something, ya know?

*ok, sorry for the pathetic vent. Carry on*

I'm sorry, that must be tough.

Mr. Mo has wanted to have another kid pretty much since Rachael was born. I never wanted to have kids (didn't have the best childhood) when we got married, so having one was more than enough for me. Plus, I was in labor for 27 hours and still ended up having an emergency C-section. The thought of having to go through that again, was too much for me.

While we were on vacation, he asked me why we never had another kid because it makes him sad when he sees a family with a couple kids strolling down the beach or sitting together at a restaurant. I didn't really have a great answer besides the ones mentioned above, and I feel guilty for not having more of his babies (we make beautiful kids :smile: ). Now, we're both in our late 30's and as far as I'm concerned, that ship has sailed, especially with all the SD drama. But I still feel bad for him, but not bad enough to want to have another kid. :wink:

When I married my husband, I had one son and he had three daughters. We never thought of having kids and felt we had enough. I got a dog for our first anniversary; she was our kid ;) . Well fast forward a few years and surprise! at 39 I was pregnant. We weren't trying or trying to avoid it, just happened. I had her after I turned 40. I knew I was done after that, so got that factory shut down. You never know. We love her just as much as any of the others and don't regret a minute of it. After that, his oldest daughter, who is in her 20's, had a little girl about 15 months after we had Olivia. Crazy stuff.

I just turned 40 in March and the idea of dealing with a newborn again scares me to the very fiber of my soul...

Confession: I love my son, but I didn't love the newborn/baby stage all the much. The more independent he becomes, the more I like it.

I completely agree about the newborn stage. She will be five in a couple of weeks and is very independent. It has its moments but I wouldn't trade her or that personality. Very sassy. I tell her dad he gets to deal with her as a teenager or I might kill her.

I told Mr. Mo long ago, that I'm going to move out while Rachael's in high school. That time is drawing near, so I should probably start scoping out an apartment or I'll end up living in my Toyota.

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and was disappointed to see I'm up 6 pounds. Some of it could be water weight from the weekend and TOM, but I struggle every summer. It's so easy to BBQ burgers & hotdogs, crack open a cooler and veg out. Especially when it's hot. I need to figure out how to break this yearly cycle.
    I'm up 6 lbs from my lowest too. Can't seem to break it. I'm trying to make sure I'm drinking enough water (and less alcohol?). I've tried (pretty unsuccessfully) to cut back on the eating. It's hard with all the summer parties, cookouts, etc. We are in the same boat!