Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I confess, I am a bit of a cranky pants since I haven't seen Captain Tightpants/Sgt. Sexy Pants in a week. I finally saw him tonight but it was just for about an hour. :tired_face:

Oh and I've decided his new nickname is Captain Tightpants since he was a captain in the fire department in Houston. :sunglasses:

I'm also a HUGE Firefly fan so yeah... :naughty:

Shiny.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have been sleeping terribly for the past two nights. Getting out of bed thinking that I have to do something or save someone (the yoga woman from Orange is the New Black for some reason), sitting up straight staring at the wall while still half dreaming, moving around and waking up every thirty minutes. I feel so tired. To top it off, my feet and legs are acting up (I have restless leg syndrome like almost every woman on my mom's side...). It's not too bad right now, but it's enough to make it difficult for me to fall back asleep. Hoping I can get a nap in today.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm somehow 4 days behind on this thread!

Confession: Every so often I like to do a sweetcorn test. It's a way of seeing how long food takes to pass through your gut. I'll spare you the details.

It used to take 24-48 hours. I was efficient. This last one took 6 days! No wonder I feel sluggish!

How long is it supposed to take? Just that I've noticed corn kernels exiting about 12 - 14 hours later...
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Confession: Every so often I like to do a sweetcorn test. It's a way of seeing how long food takes to pass through your gut. I'll spare you the details.

It used to take 24-48 hours. I was efficient. This last one took 6 days! No wonder I feel sluggish!

I have been having a similar issue this past week...without a test. I am sure this is partly why my weight is up and why my tummy has been off. And I am not pregnant! I might have to try those Haribo candies or whatever everyone talks about! ;)

Good plan but I'm not sure those Haribos are pregnancy-sanctioned. I think I'll just accept my fate for a while. At least I can pretend my bloat is actually baby (it really isn't, after this weekend it's mostly barbecue meat and ice-cream!).

Sorry if I missed it, but how did the reveal go?
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @orangesmartie Just thinking about you this morning. Hope you're doing ok.

Same here. Hope you are doing ok.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I have been having a similar issue this past week...without a test. I am sure this is partly why my weight is up and why my tummy has been off. And I am not pregnant! I might have to try those Haribo candies or whatever everyone talks about! ;)

Good plan but I'm not sure those Haribos are pregnancy-sanctioned. I think I'll just accept my fate for a while. At least I can pretend my bloat is actually baby (it really isn't, after this weekend it's mostly barbecue meat and ice-cream!).

Hey how'd it go with telling your family? Are they all super excited!?
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

How long is it supposed to take? Just that I've noticed corn kernels exiting about 12 - 14 hours later...

You are some kind of wonder woman, that's pretty good going!
  • spamarie
    Options

It's my mother's birthday in August but she will be away the entire month visiting her sisters in France. So I said, here's an early birthday present for you, open it now. It was a teeny tiny pair of baby socks with frogs on them (my mum collects frogs - it's a longstanding joke about her being French). She looked confused, then the penny eventually dropped. I said, they're a bit small for you, but they'll fit someone you know soon. She was thrilled.

My dad's first reaction was 'OH NO!' but not because he was in any way upset over becoming a grandad (he's also thrilled). It was because he realised now he has to put up with my mum's baby-obsessed craziness for the next few months and I bet it'll get WORSE once the kid is born. Poor Papa, I do feel sorry for him!

Then we went out and I had a cheeseburger, fries and ice-cream, because you only reveal to your parents they're becoming grandparents for the first time ONCE.

Good weekend!
  • spamarie
    Options
    I have been sleeping terribly for the past two nights. Getting out of bed thinking that I have to do something or save someone (the yoga woman from Orange is the New Black for some reason), sitting up straight staring at the wall while still half dreaming, moving around and waking up every thirty minutes. I feel so tired. To top it off, my feet and legs are acting up (I have restless leg syndrome like almost every woman on my mom's side...). It's not too bad right now, but it's enough to make it difficult for me to fall back asleep. Hoping I can get a nap in today.

May I join you in the freaky dreamers' club?

Last night I dreamt that people kept falling off the edges of things and just landing head first below. I kept warning them this was likely to happen if they went up there, but they ignored me. Horrific! It does show I'm a know-all, even in my dreams.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Well this weekend was a blast! Friday evening the mancreature and I went shopping for birthday stuff for him, he has a new summer wardrobe now and I bought a new pair of running shorts (longer shorts that are compression with a shorter looser shorts over top because chub rub sucks!).
    Saturday was a annual volleyball tournament which started at 9am and ended at 4pm. I suck at Volleyball but man was it a blast to just play! We went to a house party afterwards as well which was fun, I had a beer beers but nothing crazy. I made it through the day without being burnt!
    Sunday was a lazy day, netflix and gaming for me.

This Thursday we are heading camping up north (zero signal!) for 5 days, I don't want to work because I'm excited haha. I already have my list sorted out (we're shopping today), I've got healthy foods listed as well as some junk. I think while we are gone I am going to try and get in tune with my body and do intuitive eating, we shall see how that goes.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Of course when you go camping you at least have to make some S'mores.
    Oh yes those are on the list! I also got bananas and dark chocolate chips so I can make banana canoes!

Yesterday's shopping was super productive and I found out who will be on our camp site (two bro's who I absolutely adore, huge into fitness and giant nerds), I'm sooo stoked!

Tonight I'm seeing a friend for dinner and then hitting a concert (Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, it's my second time seeing them. WEEEEEE) :DB) ...... I need a dance Icon dammit!

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Ok since we are going to be more accountable and post what we do each day to motivate each other I figure if I post what I do and not what I was supposed to do then it won't work. Since none of you will know what I intended. So my goals for today:

Walk 25000 steps (not hard at barn)
    Run 1 hour
    Address my chairs comments on my prospectus
    Not envy @MoHousdon her husband or her vacation.

Edited to add I may not be able to achieve the last one. :)

Edited again for no alcohol

The last bit made me smile.

I'm currently on 1102 but I'm reading EVERY SINGLE POST so I'm properly caught up when I jump back in.

You win the dedication award @mohousdon!!! :)

Yay! Is it a major award?!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.
    Oh, so sorry :/ What was the prescription for? The anxiety?
    I could have written this. My daughter is really struggling too (19 yo - the one with anemia, which is not improving), and we had to spend $2000 on fillings for my son because he didn't brush properly when he had braces. Seriously, kid?

My parents would have killed me.
    Yeah, he wasn't Mr Popular.

The boy's teeth are literally rotting / chipping away. He has one that's chipped all the way down to the gumline. He said, "I wish I would have brushed more when I was younger.'

Really? What were you doing every day when I sent you to the bathroom to brush your teeth?

Ugh.
    Teenage boys are truly disgusting, with their BO and brown teeth and devil-may-care attitudes.
    I nagged and nagged my oldest to take showers, brush his teeth, change his clothes etc etc. Nothing. Then he suddenly started doing all those things and I asked him why. A girl at school had told him he smelled bad. That was all it took. I'm thinking of paying a girl at #2 son's school to do the same for him.

My 9-almost 10 year old daughter is near the same way. Hates showers, tries to shirk brushing her teeth, wipes her mouth on her hand or wipes her fingers on her pants. Like literally, 2 days ago I made her a bean & cheese burrito, well afterwards I am looking at her and see all of this crud on her pants and I am like WTF is that??? Apparently that was from the filling would come out a bit and get on her fingers so instead of grabbing one of the many napkins right in front of her face, she elected to wipe them on her black pants. And her tablet is always grimy with gunk all over the screen (meaning everything else she touches also has the grime!) Uuugh!

Not to crush your dreams she'll grow out of this, Rachael is 13 and is STILL the same way. Her tablet and phone are GROSS! :#

• MoHousdon
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    It makes me feel bad when I'm trying to eat healthy and people are eating fried, greasy, salty, sugary, etc. foods right in front of me. I know it shouldn't effect me so much, but it does :disappointed:

Just think of how it's affecting them. Expanding waistlines, clogged arteries, skin blemishes! Meanwhile, the healthy food you ate is high-fiving every component in your body. :)

I love that description! Too bad you didn't tell me that before I ordered the fried pickles and nachos last night and made myself feel like ick all day today...

LOL thanks. It's all I had! Funny cuz I was just eyeballing the fried pickles in the frozen section the other day and realized I had that brand before and found them to have waay too much breading on them.

That is a real thing? (Wrapping my mind around it.)

Yes and they are delicious if done correctly.

Fried pickles and ranch...yum...

I love anything fried with ranch. I had a sad realization while in Siesta Key. Most of the restaurants DON'T SERVE RANCH, only that blue cheese nastiness. I was VERY disappointed.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

It's my mother's birthday in August but she will be away the entire month visiting her sisters in France. So I said, here's an early birthday present for you, open it now. It was a teeny tiny pair of baby socks with frogs on them (my mum collects frogs - it's a longstanding joke about her being French). She looked confused, then the penny eventually dropped. I said, they're a bit small for you, but they'll fit someone you know soon. She was thrilled.

My dad's first reaction was 'OH NO!' but not because he was in any way upset over becoming a grandad (he's also thrilled). It was because he realised now he has to put up with my mum's baby-obsessed craziness for the next few months and I bet it'll get WORSE once the kid is born. Poor Papa, I do feel sorry for him!

Then we went out and I had a cheeseburger, fries and ice-cream, because you only reveal to your parents they're becoming grandparents for the first time ONCE.

Good weekend!

That's a good reveal. Congrats to you on the baby
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Not sure if you have a CVS store near you...but they have these pills called "Leg Cramps" in their store brand as well as the name brand..which I'm drawing a blank on. Anyhow, they are AWESOME for leg cramps and restless legs! I used to have really bad cramping and restlessness and I started taking 2 pills before bed...and never had a problem! Just a thought...because I know how irritating restless legs are!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Me neither. I remember having major surgery when I was 19 and the first night I was given a bedpan to pee in... even though my bladder was close to bursting, it took a LOT of effort to pee while sitting in bed.

Aaaaand... four days later, I'm finally caught up!

Yay for being caught up! In triathlon people go to the bathroom in their wetsuit and on the bike. While under extreme duress I can go in my wetsuit now (but not while swimming) I refuse to go on the bike (I think that is beyond disgusting and since I am not fast I see no reason not to stop at a portapotty on course). They even go while running...no way could I do that.

Oh wait... I think there were posts way, way back on this but: my bladder will not allow me to pee in water, but it will occasionally decide to 'let go' a bit while running :angry:

I don't think I could pee while on a bike. Would people around you get hit with it? :grimace:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Last night I dreamt that people kept falling off the edges of things and just landing head first below. I kept warning them this was likely to happen if they went up there, but they ignored me. Horrific! It does show I'm a know-all, even in my dreams.

I had a horrible dream last night too!! I dreamnt that my gums were coming loose from my teeth and peeling and I could pull on some gums and they'd break away from my teeth and leave these huge gaping holes. I have no idea why and it was awful!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Good weekend!

That's cute! I hope the burger, fries and ice cream were delicious!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I had a horrible dream last night too!! I dreamnt that my gums were coming loose from my teeth and peeling and I could pull on some gums and they'd break away from my teeth and leave these huge gaping holes. I have no idea why and it was awful!

*shudder* I've had dreams similar to that and they're just awful. You should look up the meaning. I believe that (some) dreams have meanings - I can't remember exactly what teeth dreams mean, but I do remember it fit for what was going on in my life at the time.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Me neither. I remember having major surgery when I was 19 and the first night I was given a bedpan to pee in... even though my bladder was close to bursting, it took a LOT of effort to pee while sitting in bed.

Aaaaand... four days later, I'm finally caught up!

Yay for being caught up! In triathlon people go to the bathroom in their wetsuit and on the bike. While under extreme duress I can go in my wetsuit now (but not while swimming) I refuse to go on the bike (I think that is beyond disgusting and since I am not fast I see no reason not to stop at a portapotty on course). They even go while running...no way could I do that.

Oh wait... I think there were posts way, way back on this but: my bladder will not allow me to pee in water, but it will occasionally decide to 'let go' a bit while running :angry:

I don't think I could pee while on a bike. Would people around you get hit with it? :grimace:

Oh yeah. I have this problem too. Plyometrics is tough not because of the workout,but because I can't jump around for long without leaking... Ugh.