Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and was disappointed to see I'm up 6 pounds. Some of it could be water weight from the weekend and TOM, but I struggle every summer. It's so easy to BBQ burgers & hotdogs, crack open a cooler and veg out. Especially when it's hot. I need to figure out how to break this yearly cycle.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Me neither. I remember having major surgery when I was 19 and the first night I was given a bedpan to pee in... even though my bladder was close to bursting, it took a LOT of effort to pee while sitting in bed.

Aaaaand... four days later, I'm finally caught up!

Yay for being caught up! In triathlon people go to the bathroom in their wetsuit and on the bike. While under extreme duress I can go in my wetsuit now (but not while swimming) I refuse to go on the bike (I think that is beyond disgusting and since I am not fast I see no reason not to stop at a portapotty on course). They even go while running...no way could I do that.

Oh wait... I think there were posts way, way back on this but: my bladder will not allow me to pee in water, but it will occasionally decide to 'let go' a bit while running :angry:

I don't think I could pee while on a bike. Would people around you get hit with it? :grimace:

Oh yeah. I have this problem too. Plyometrics is tough not because of the workout,but because I can't jump around for long without leaking... Ugh.

Yup, or when my trainer makes me skip for an extended period of time, It's annoying. I've heard women say it's because they had kids, but I don't have kids, so what gives?!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and was disappointed to see I'm up 6 pounds. Some of it could be water weight from the weekend and TOM, but I struggle every summer. It's so easy to BBQ burgers & hotdogs, crack open a cooler and veg out. Especially when it's hot. I need to figure out how to break this yearly cycle.

Definitely hard, ice cream is my weakness :(
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm somehow 4 days behind on this thread!

Confession: Every so often I like to do a sweetcorn test. It's a way of seeing how long food takes to pass through your gut. I'll spare you the details.

It used to take 24-48 hours. I was efficient. This last one took 6 days! No wonder I feel sluggish!

I have been having a similar issue this past week...without a test. I am sure this is partly why my weight is up and why my tummy has been off. And I am not pregnant! I might have to try those Haribo candies or whatever everyone talks about! ;)

Good plan but I'm not sure those Haribos are pregnancy-sanctioned. I think I'll just accept my fate for a while. At least I can pretend my bloat is actually baby (it really isn't, after this weekend it's mostly barbecue meat and ice-cream!).

Sorry if I missed it, but how did the reveal go?

It's my mother's birthday in August but she will be away the entire month visiting her sisters in France. So I said, here's an early birthday present for you, open it now. It was a teeny tiny pair of baby socks with frogs on them (my mum collects frogs - it's a longstanding joke about her being French). She looked confused, then the penny eventually dropped. I said, they're a bit small for you, but they'll fit someone you know soon. She was thrilled.

My dad's first reaction was 'OH NO!' but not because he was in any way upset over becoming a grandad (he's also thrilled). It was because he realised now he has to put up with my mum's baby-obsessed craziness for the next few months and I bet it'll get WORSE once the kid is born. Poor Papa, I do feel sorry for him!

Then we went out and I had a cheeseburger, fries and ice-cream, because you only reveal to your parents they're becoming grandparents for the first time ONCE.

Good weekend!

That is very sweet! Is your hip any better? How are you feeling in general?
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive wishes for my daughter. She left work an hour early today and went home to cry it out some more. She's going to try to figure out what she wants to do with herself for the next 6 weeks or so before school starts. I want her to come down here, obviously...

How is your daughter doing today @rungirl1973 ?
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Jumping in with a random post. @orangesmartie and anyone else who is interested in a marathon training plan, runners world appears to only charge for theirs now but here is one I found from Jeff Galloway (he is wonderful and is a big advocate of the run/walk approach which really does allow you to run longer).
    http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/marathon-training/

Will check in later on all my peeps!

Whew! You had me worried there for a minute.

SmartCoach is more difficult to find, but it's still free on Runner's World website. Looks like they have a paid version that has more to offer, but I can still get to the free one. That's what I've used for my last few marathons. I say "used" loosely, I had the best intentions.

I hadn't been to their website in a while before just now, they've made it much less user friendly.

I agree! I think they optimized it for mobile, but I don't like it either. I couldn't find any free plans, glad there is still one. I couldn't see as a subscriber where I could log in and get past issues either, as they publish a marathon plan at least 1-2 times per year. I am going to look through my back issues, I am sure i can find one to send to @orangesmartie and @girldownsouth who are our partners (@orangesmartie confirmed and @girldownsouth tentative. I think @raelynnsmama52512 is joining us too...

I'm definitely planning on joining! Any good apps to help with training for newbies? ;)
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

Aww, that's sad! Hopefully no one notices.

I did that with my coffee a few weeks ago. I spilled some on my shirt. Then I probably looked like a nutcase because I ran to the roof of the parking garage and stood in the pouring rain to get my shirt wet enough where the stain would go away. So, I walked around work soaked until everything dried up. At least I got the stain out. I'm weird.

I'm picturing this and it's really funny. :smiley:
    ythannah wrote: »
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

With me it's usually something chocolate-ish that melts and smears... normally dropped on my chair, then transfers itself to my slacks... which then resembles excrement, I'm sure.

Chocolate is the worst. It really doesn't come out!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie thinking of you today, so sorry about your breakups! Sending you lots of hugs! ❤️❤️
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I have been sleeping terribly for the past two nights. Getting out of bed thinking that I have to do something or save someone (the yoga woman from Orange is the New Black for some reason), sitting up straight staring at the wall while still half dreaming, moving around and waking up every thirty minutes. I feel so tired. To top it off, my feet and legs are acting up (I have restless leg syndrome like almost every woman on my mom's side...). It's not too bad right now, but it's enough to make it difficult for me to fall back asleep. Hoping I can get a nap in today.

May I join you in the freaky dreamers' club?

Last night I dreamt that people kept falling off the edges of things and just landing head first below. I kept warning them this was likely to happen if they went up there, but they ignored me. Horrific! It does show I'm a know-all, even in my dreams.
    :lol: These kinds of dreams are so frustrating. I sometimes wake up my boyfriend by yelling things like ''NOOOO!!!'' or ''STOP!'' or ''PLEASE!'' He gets annoyed, but I guess we're even because he has snored me awake a few times :lol:
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I have been sleeping terribly for the past two nights. Getting out of bed thinking that I have to do something or save someone (the yoga woman from Orange is the New Black for some reason), sitting up straight staring at the wall while still half dreaming, moving around and waking up every thirty minutes. I feel so tired. To top it off, my feet and legs are acting up (I have restless leg syndrome like almost every woman on my mom's side...). It's not too bad right now, but it's enough to make it difficult for me to fall back asleep. Hoping I can get a nap in today.

Not sure if you have a CVS store near you...but they have these pills called "Leg Cramps" in their store brand as well as the name brand..which I'm drawing a blank on. Anyhow, they are AWESOME for leg cramps and restless legs! I used to have really bad cramping and restlessness and I started taking 2 pills before bed...and never had a problem! Just a thought...because I know how irritating restless legs are!

My legs haven't been acting up nearly as much as they used to. I find that weird because I read somewhere that it only gets worse with age. Thanks for this, I had no idea that those pills for restless legs were out there. Thought it was just something I had to suck up and deal with.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Well this weekend was a blast! Friday evening the mancreature and I went shopping for birthday stuff for him, he has a new summer wardrobe now and I bought a new pair of running shorts (longer shorts that are compression with a shorter looser shorts over top because chub rub sucks!).
    Saturday was a annual volleyball tournament which started at 9am and ended at 4pm. I suck at Volleyball but man was it a blast to just play! We went to a house party afterwards as well which was fun, I had a beer beers but nothing crazy. I made it through the day without being burnt!
    Sunday was a lazy day, netflix and gaming for me.

This Thursday we are heading camping up north (zero signal!) for 5 days, I don't want to work because I'm excited haha. I already have my list sorted out (we're shopping today), I've got healthy foods listed as well as some junk. I think while we are gone I am going to try and get in tune with my body and do intuitive eating, we shall see how that goes.

Have a great time camping!
  • Rheameg
    Rheameg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Why are the thin and well built members of MFP so mean? I guess they've never been where we are.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So I got a game in the mail today. It's from the Harvest Moon series... nothing hardcore but I've always found it adorable and relaxing. You basically just go around town building your home and relationships and farming. Just a quiet and cute game :) Right now I'm feeling a bit panicky (I don't know if my posts show it or not) so I'm hoping it can soothe me :tongue:

My husband was telling me that he LOVED this game! I've never played it, but now I'm curious. I was lamenting selling my old school Nintendo years ago and wishing I had it to play some Zelda or Super Mario on again. I worked hard at my grandma's farm to earn the money to buy the NES for myself when I was about 10 years old. It was the first thing I ever really WORKED for and it taught me a lot about the value of money/time/effort. I'll be 39 next month and have to adult most days.... but MAN, I'd love to just spend a day playing the old games I loved!
    I still have my SuperNintendo system with a few games. I love Yoshi's Island and break out the system about once a year just to play that game!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Rheameg wrote: »
    Why are the thin and well built members of MFP so mean? I guess they've never been where we are.

Welcome to the thread! We've been trying to keep this a judgement-free zone :)

There are a lot of very fit people with a ton of knowledge and experience on this site, and a lot of them have lost a ton of weight themselves (and/or built some serious muscle.) Keep in mind that a lot of them have been here a long time and tend to be a little more...direct...with the kind of questions they see all the time. They are also generally big fans of "tough love", meaning they're definitely not going to accept excuses and they won't sugarcoat stuff to be nice. I'm not saying it's always the best way, but please don't give up or have your feelings hurt because they really are trying to help, and sometimes it's hard to accurately read tone on the Internet anyway. Know what I mean? And remember that a lot of them HAVE been where you are and so taking their advice, no matter how it's phrased, might be a good idea.

I will also say that I don't think that all or even most thin members of MFP are this way. There are a few on this thread who are incredibly supportive, like @pofoster21 and @MoHousdon for example. Stick around! This thread is a great place to ask questions because, as I said earlier, we try to keep it judgement-free and friendly around here.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I confess that when I see "bucket list" pictures like this pinned on Pinterest or on FB, I want to yell at the person.
    Totally judging this lame bucket list item:

r971q0xyvju1.jpg

Is this from a 5 year olds bucket list?

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive wishes for my daughter. She left work an hour early today and went home to cry it out some more. She's going to try to figure out what she wants to do with herself for the next 6 weeks or so before school starts. I want her to come down here, obviously...

How is your daughter doing today @rungirl1973 ?

Thanks for asking. She seems to have calmed down. She's planning to quit her job and take some time to visit a friend in Illinois before moving down here with me for the rest of the summer. She didn't go to work today. I think it's for the best, the environment she was in was not a good one. I told her she could always go to a temp agency and work here for a few weeks if she wanted to fill her time and make a few extra bucks. You can't drive 1/4 mile without running across a staffing agency around here.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Confession: I bought a children's duck-down vest at Costco last night because it was made of real down but $20. $20! Luckily I'm hobbit-sized and can make that stuff fit (at least with athletic wear, which generally doesn't look so obviously from the kids' section) because it's so much cheaper than adult clothes. So yeah, I wear kids' clothes....
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Hmm. I don't exactly consider myself to be the opposite of "thin and well built", but MFP is just like anywhere else. There are some people you will like and some people you won't. You just have to seek out the ones you like.

Personally, I've found those people on this thread. You may find the same, or you may find another group you like better.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

There are a lot of very fit people with a ton of knowledge and experience on this site, and a lot of them have lost a ton of weight themselves (and/or built some serious muscle.) Keep in mind that a lot of them have been here a long time and tend to be a little more...direct...with the kind of questions they see all the time. They are also generally big fans of "tough love", meaning they're definitely not going to accept excuses and they won't sugarcoat stuff to be nice. I'm not saying it's always the best way, but please don't give up or have your feelings hurt because they really are trying to help, and sometimes it's hard to accurately read tone on the Internet anyway. Know what I mean? And remember that a lot of them HAVE been where you are and so taking their advice, no matter how it's phrased, might be a good idea.

I will also say that I don't think that all or even most thin members of MFP are this way. There are a few on this thread who are incredibly supportive, like @pofoster21 and @MoHousdon for example. Stick around! This thread is a great place to ask questions because, as I said earlier, we try to keep it judgement-free and friendly around here.

This!

Lurking on the main boards can actually be incredibly informative. There are some posters who definitely know their stuff. And/or some are just hilarious.

Reading the stickies and using the search function before you post are also huge helps, to see if your question has already been asked and answered 600+ times.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've been daydreaming about the salad I plan to make for dinner since 9:30am today.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

+1, well said @peleroja ! Welcome to the thread @Rheameg ! We love having new people jump in!