Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    So I made myself stop reading here and get some work done, finally. I am totally in the unmotivated crew today. I am concerned about the possibility of severe weather at the scout camp where my husband and youngest son are until Wednesday. The words "tornado watch" and "tent camping" are not compatible.

@susieq -peanut butter pie is super easy. I think I was 13 when I made my first one. If you made dulcet de lecher, you've got this.

I have to admit that the "lecher" typo made me giggle... I'm no lecher, I promise! And I wouldn't know how to make one if I tried... :p

I'm actually purposefully complicating it by making multi layers of chocolate ganache, peanut butter filling, whipped cream, etc., all of which will need separate assembling and cooling in between. I'm hoping to make something super special (and pretty!) to present to my in-laws. :)

Oh, no! I didn't even see that! Stupid autocorrect!!! I don't think you're a lecher, I promise! Ganache is not hard either, but I do understand why you're concerned now. Just think of it as stacking blocks and remember the whipped cream can frost the whole thing to hide any flaws. (I love baking, in case you missed it.)

So do I! That's why I've gotten myself into a fever pitch of excitement about making something new. ;) Do you think I can possibly get the ganache to lay absolutely smooth and flat on top of the peanut butter filling, without a ripple? That's how I'm imagining it in my head, but I'm pretty sure it would be really complicated to get it to look like that.. *sigh*

I was thinking that my best bet is to smooth the peanut butter filling with an offset spatula until it's as smooth as possible, then pour the liquid hot ganache over it and kind of tilt the pie this way and that to let it spread on its own (so I wouldn't make ripples with a spatula/spoon/whatever). Think it would work?

Actually, I think you would do better adding the ganache in two layers, the one touching the peanut butter needs to be just warm enough to spread over the peanut butter/cream cheese layer or it will melt the cream cheese. Smooth the first ganache layer, blast chill it, then pour the hot ganache on and tilt to smooth. If the chocolate melts into the chocolate, it won't be noticeable.

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins

Yes, that's what I'm wanting to do! I'd like to eat at maintenance and gain muscle/lose fat. I think I may steal your goals of being able to deadlift and squat my body weight by the end of the year. Seems doable!!! (Not easy, but doable!)

Glad to hear you're seeing results. Hope I do!

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

Aww, that's sad! Hopefully no one notices.

I did that with my coffee a few weeks ago. I spilled some on my shirt. Then I probably looked like a nutcase because I ran to the roof of the parking garage and stood in the pouring rain to get my shirt wet enough where the stain would go away. So, I walked around work soaked until everything dried up. At least I got the stain out. I'm weird.

Well, that's not the way I'd handle it because I'd worry about my hair getting messed up. I have curly hair, but I'd totally use my Tide pen! Weird story: I'm trying to get all my stuff together to go on my Girl's Weekend and kids are gong to my mom's Wednesday through Saturday, so there's lots of packing to do. The hubby always makes fun of my list making and packing OCD, although is glad that I am that way when we get where we're going. He tells me that the ultimate marriage test should be this: Tell a couple they have to go to a predetermined location for a week and see how they handle the packing and preparation. He jokingly said he'd never have married me if he'd known ahead of time. To clarify we went on several vacations and had a four year old when we got married so he already knew what he was dealing with when he married me!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Me neither. I remember having major surgery when I was 19 and the first night I was given a bedpan to pee in... even though my bladder was close to bursting, it took a LOT of effort to pee while sitting in bed.

Aaaaand... four days later, I'm finally caught up!

Yay for being caught up! In triathlon people go to the bathroom in their wetsuit and on the bike. While under extreme duress I can go in my wetsuit now (but not while swimming) I refuse to go on the bike (I think that is beyond disgusting and since I am not fast I see no reason not to stop at a portapotty on course). They even go while running...no way could I do that.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Super far behind right now but I don't want anyone to miss this :) ...if you're into this sort of thing

nat20150709a_landing.jpg

mmm mmm mmm
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I just got catcalled on my way to the grocery store. I NEVER get catcalled. I guess I had the amazingly sexy sweaty and uncomfortable look going for me.
    So far today I've only eaten a piece of bread because I've pretty much run out of food. Going to have to go to the grocery store... but right now I'm really hungry and my cravings are running wild, so hopefully I will be able to come out of there without splurging on chocolate or something.

Good luck!! Let us know how you do/did.
    I did pretty well! I admit I bought a small tub of ice cream, but I did NOT eat the whole thing, fortunately :lol: I am no longer lightheaded like I was earlier, but I'm still short on calories... maybe I'll have a few more spoonfuls of ice cream later ;)

Hey, nothing wrong with the amazingly sexy, uncomfortable look. :smiley:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Just to illustrate how weird I am, this morning on my run I had a stretch of 3 songs that went like this:

Sold (Grundy County Auction) by John Michael Montgomery
    Still Not A Player by Big Punisher
    Thunder Kiss '65 by White Zombie

I also think this dates me a little.

Please don't judge that I haven't figured out how to use the shuffle on my iPhone

Totally sounds like my playlist. Sold by JMM, then Adrenaline by Shinedown, then maybe Bad by Michael Jackson.

I am all country all the time. Sometimes I have older rock that pops up...and I skip it. I will admit, I do have all Nickleback's albums on my ipod and when I am in the last stages of a run and need some extra motivation, I switch to all Nickleback. The beat helps me pick up my pace. And I LOVE Nickelback. I love that guy's voice. I will say in life he is ugly as sin.

Several years ago, I was treated to a concert by some friends. The groups were Sick Puppies, Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin (LOVE THEM) and Nickelback! Nickelback was AWESOME! I know they get a lot of grief, but I think they're a really talented group of guys. Shinedown was really good too. I should see if I can find a picture from the concert and post it in the random pics thread in the batcave.

I would love to see them live, even though I hate concerts. I never understand why men don't like them, call them a 'chick' band, etc. I love their music.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @pofoster21 This is the half marathon training plan I used: 20 Week Half Plan They also have 12 and 16 week plans. I tweaked the plan a little by making one of the days a week either hill repeats or sprint intervals. I'm not ready for a full marathon (might not ever be- too much of a time commitment for training!)

Thanks. I pretty much don't train...I just run them. :) When I did train I finally qualified for Boston (a goal) then went back to just 'winging' it. But we have some newbies here training for the Country Music Marathon that need to get cracking! :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Jumping in with a random post. @orangesmartie and anyone else who is interested in a marathon training plan, runners world appears to only charge for theirs now but here is one I found from Jeff Galloway (he is wonderful and is a big advocate of the run/walk approach which really does allow you to run longer).
    http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/marathon-training/

Will check in later on all my peeps!

Whew! You had me worried there for a minute.

SmartCoach is more difficult to find, but it's still free on Runner's World website. Looks like they have a paid version that has more to offer, but I can still get to the free one. That's what I've used for my last few marathons. I say "used" loosely, I had the best intentions.

I hadn't been to their website in a while before just now, they've made it much less user friendly.

I agree! I think they optimized it for mobile, but I don't like it either. I couldn't find any free plans, glad there is still one. I couldn't see as a subscriber where I could log in and get past issues either, as they publish a marathon plan at least 1-2 times per year. I am going to look through my back issues, I am sure i can find one to send to @orangesmartie and @girldownsouth who are our partners (@orangesmartie confirmed and @girldownsouth tentative. I think @raelynnsmama52512 is joining us too...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 –yay. I’m glad you can walk again and got to go out for a bit. Congrats on the loss.

@peleroja –I’m so happy that you are able to go on the trip. It sounds like it will be amazing. I’m weird but I would kind of hope to be the only people on the tour haha.

@orangesmartie –Congrats on the weight loss. 67 lbs is AMAZING! Hope things are going ok…

@quiksylver296 –I’m still jealous you are going to the Oregon coast if that makes you feel better.

How are things with you froggy?

I was doing okay but now I'm dealing with some really bad depression. I couldn't stop crying last night so I didn't sleep too well. It's my TOM so that doesn't help of course. :)

How are you?

((HUGS)) to you froggy, I'm glad you're here interacting with us, I know things are tough but it will get better- time heals all (I hated when people said that to me after I broke off my engagement when found out trashbag ex was cheating buuuut unfortunately it's true- time really does heal all)

Thank you. I was cleaning this weekend and found an old birthday card from him that said he was so lucky to have me and he wanted to be by my side forever etc. It just got to me really bad. We haven't decided anything for sure yet but I still haven't heard a thing from him since last Sunday (the 5th). I just want him to wake up...I love him and want to work it out but I can't do this alone obviously. I want the old him back.

Please everyone, don't judge me for this. It's been hard and I'm so torn. I don't know what I want right now.

Totally not judging, we were only together for 3 years and it took me a long time. The smallest things would trigger memories. And if you two are able to work things out- no judgement that is not for anyone to decide and if he makes you happy and really does change then more power to you. Just remember to put you and your feelings first. We're here for you!

I couldn't have said it better so I am going with this! You have to do what is right for you...just take care of yourself first and foremost!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ughhh..I made some really poor choices at the store earlier. I only needed milk, coffee, and ice. I impulsively bought a large box of assorted donuts(marked down from bakery), cereal, peanut butter, and a tub of cool whip. I am embarrassed to say what I just had for lunch...but it's not going to be a green day! I did throw away the remainder of the donuts...so that's good. Another walk on the agenda...but it's SOO hot out today....was almost 90 when we walked at 9:00am :(

Applause for throwing out the donuts!!!

Trips to the store like that make me glad I have teenage boys. I bought 4 gallons of milk and three boxes of cereal last week. I have part of a box of cereal left, I think.

Peanut butter is my downfall. I have my own jar, which is clearly labeled: Mom: be aware she double dips. I can go a week or more without touching it, but it's really hard to stop when I give in.

What does "double dips" mean? In the context, I'm guessing it means that you eat from the spoon and then dip the spitty spoon back in again? ;)

Yup.

Or dipping a chip in, taking a bite, then putting it back in to get more dip on the chip/pretzel/etc. Once something goes it, its polite to not put it in again in a shared bowl/jar/etc.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    NSV-ish: I've made a decision. I'd set my goal at 115 (remember that I'm under 5'2"!), because that was my "normal" weight when I started college, but looking through pictures back then, I feel like I was just too thin. Not that I was ill-looking or anything like that, but it's not how I prefer to look. So, I've upped my goal weight by 10lbs to 125 and then plan to focus on recomping, rather than weight loss.

I'm 11lbs from a normal BMI, then 10 more to my new goal. This feels much more acheivable, and like a way better long-term goal. Yay! :)

Also, I've decided to force myself into making time for the gym despite homework. That should actually help me focus better when I'm doing the homework since I'll have less slacking off time.

Awesome. That's a good goal. :)

I hate the BMI thing. When I was at my thinnest (145) I thought I looked too skinny and that was just below what is considered normal for me. . I honestly am not going to try for normal. I want to look okay and feel good.

This is definitely the best thing you can do. If you feel great and think you look great at any weight, then that is where you need to be! whatever makes you happy!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Well this weekend was a blast! Friday evening the mancreature and I went shopping for birthday stuff for him, he has a new summer wardrobe now and I bought a new pair of running shorts (longer shorts that are compression with a shorter looser shorts over top because chub rub sucks!).
    Saturday was a annual volleyball tournament which started at 9am and ended at 4pm. I suck at Volleyball but man was it a blast to just play! We went to a house party afterwards as well which was fun, I had a beer beers but nothing crazy. I made it through the day without being burnt!
    Sunday was a lazy day, netflix and gaming for me.

This Thursday we are heading camping up north (zero signal!) for 5 days, I don't want to work because I'm excited haha. I already have my list sorted out (we're shopping today), I've got healthy foods listed as well as some junk. I think while we are gone I am going to try and get in tune with my body and do intuitive eating, we shall see how that goes.

Sounds like you are going to have a great time!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

I don't like the word crotch either.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I'm still catching up, currently on 1242.

I'm a little bummed this morning. I'm usually very bored at work (hence the frequent MFP visits) and had asked my boss for new tasks. She gave me one that takes up several hours each month & I do enjoy doing. However she keeps taking it back. Each morning I have tasks that take 3-4 hours, so I can't work on the bank stuff until the afternoon. She said she's bored so she's going to do the bank stuff today. So now I'm going to be back to being bored, and since it's only a once-a-month job it becomes more difficult to figure out how to do it since I don't get any practice. *sigh* What's the point of giving me the task if she wanted to keep it?

She is probably worried you will do a better job and show her up. Women are terrible bosses. They have too many insecurities (so speaks a woman boss).
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Still on vacation. Just dropping by to share this photo.

This looks so cool! Glad you are having a great time!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I have to confess I think I have found my group thread!! I have tried to be a part of several other thread groups, but just didn't seem to gel with any of them. I think I found people who really are/have been where I am at and have similar goals in mind. I am glad to know all of you (even if some are missing from my friends list).

You are just figuring this out? :wink:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    My friend and I just saw Jurassic World. Great movie. And Chris Pratt...mmmmm. Pedicures now!

NOW do you see why i was driving too fast to get to the theater?!?!
    hehehehehe ;)

Definitely! Totally worth it!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    post weekend, catching up on 20 pages, after date(s) update:

(also, if my random date updates bothers anyone or if no one actually cares, PLEASE let me know and i'll stop posting. seriously)

Thursday -

there was this dude that i had been msg'ing online, who actually made the transition to texting my real number (shocking!) and he'd asked me out a few times over the 4th of july weekend, but i was being a dirty, lazy, spazz and didn't really do anything at all for that whole weekend besides drink and watch netflix (which was actually really fun!). hehe

so after work on thursday, i finally make plans and meet up with the dude for first date beverages and chit chat. really nice guy!!
    we had quite a bit in common. he was really sweet and respectful and we laughed a ton throughout the evening. really cool!
    unfortunately (or kinda fortunately?) it was so much fun, and i stayed out WAY too late. like 1:30 am too late. of course i had a migraine when i woke up and completely caved and called off friday. whoops.

Friday -

same dude texts me mid-morning to see how i'm doing (aww). i confess my inability to bounce back and he offers to take me out for coffee. we meet-up for coffee in the late afternoon, and yes, even sober, we still had a really good time! after about an hour talking, he asked if he could take me out to dinner and a movie. yes, yes you can. so we went to see ted2 and then went to this local mexican restaurant i had never been to. we seem to get along really well. all good!

Saturday -

i had a craft fair in the morning from 9-3pm. it was an hour and a half away (i didn't realize the distance before i registered!). after packing up all my junk (i sell jewelry for the fun of it) i got home around 5 ish. but while i was at the show lil dude and i were texting back and forth randomly. ok, so then at 6ish, dude is like hey, not sure if you have anything going on, wanna hang out tonight?

NOW, i tried to slow it down a lil bit, because three dates in three days?? maybe a lil bit too much too fast?
    which i relay the concern to dude. and he's completely fine with it. says he totally understands, it's no big deal, was just going to have a few drinks on his patio, and thought that after my long day i might want some time to chill and relax, very low key.
    so then of course i'm like, well.... ok! :D
    beverages on his lil patio, hours of great conversation, fun times!!!
    of course by about midnight, i'm drunk and prolly shouldn't drive and dude is like you can stay here, i'd prefer you to be safe. THEN, quickly added, i'll totally sleep on the couch, no funny business i swear, this wasn't like a grand scheme to get you drunk at my place!! very cute. very very cute. had a lil cuddly action, overall it was an awesome night!

Sunday -

ok, i promise no fourth date (or another of the firsts) and i just chilled with netflix with the puppies for the day. but dude, did text me a few times to make sure i was doing ok, and to let me know that he really likes spending time with me and hopes he can keep doing so in the future. *squee*

This sounds great! So happy this is working out for you. And keep posting... I live vicariously through many of you on here...in this case its your dating adventures! :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I just want to say that I am so sorry to those of you who have dealt with abuse/assault in your lives. You all seem like such strong women..it's great that you guys have been able to overcome such horrible things. You are all very brave. Thank you for sharing your stories. Hugs to you all. <3

I agree with this!

Being a victim survivor of sexual abuse myself, I decided long ago, that I wouldn't let it define me or control me or my life. I had zero control at the time, but I wouldn't go through life powerless. I was stronger than that and I refused to succumb to guilt, shame, or helplessness. I got counseling (both group and individual) and it did a world of good to be able to talk about it with other girls that had experienced similar things.

It really sucks when the people that are supposed to protect you, fail to do so, and are even the ones that hurt you the most. My abuser was punished with time in prison, but I don't think he ever felt remorse for what he did, but I couldn't care less about that. That's between him and God. I have moved on and am in a loving, healthy, committed relationship and what he did to me will NEVER take that away. Like it was mentioned before, that was but a tiny moment in time and it does not define my life.

Kudos, ladies for being strong, powerful, wonderful women despite the horribly tragic things in your past that tried to own you.

Agreed for all of you! And I am so glad you can talk/find each other here and share your experiences! I can't imagine how horrible this must be but so proud and humbled by you all overcoming it and becoming stronger women for it. ((hugs))