Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    GUYSGUYSGUYSYOUGUYS.

I spent the whole morning researching and talked to my husband and I think we might get to go to Peru after all in September!

There are several alternative treks to Machu Picchu other than the classic "Inca Trail" with the crowds and the permits and stuff, and after reading a ton about all of them I decided that the Salkantay trek would probably be an even better option for us. It's quieter, you don't need a permit, it is BEAUTIFUL, and it's higher-altitude (up to 15,900 ft) and more challenging than the usual trail (but they are able to use pack animals so we'd have llamas to carry our backpacks). I've emailed the linked tour company to see if they have space available and I hope so, because we'd still get to trek and see Machu Picchu but would get to do it in a totally different way. I'm so freaking excited and I am hoping so much that we can get on a tour!

Look at this! I think we have to do it this way even if we have to put it off until May because it looks amazing and so much better than the beaten path....

OMG!! WOW! That looks FABULOUS!! I hopehopehope you get to do it and can take pics to show us. What an amazing adventure! I've always wanted to do some trekking in the Himalayan mountains - Nepal, Tibet, etc. But never had the money or vacation time to do so. Machu Pichu would be so neat - I'd love to see it one day!

We were able to book it last week, so we're going at the beginning of September :grin: I booked flights to Cuzco today for us so it's starting to sink in. I've been on a booking spree this morning and took care of the flights and some hotel nights as well as sending off inquiries for short stays in the cloud forest after the trek, so I think by the end of the week I should have everything all sorted out. I'm not usually the type to book such a big trip on less than two months' notice, so I'm feeling extremely excited.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.
    I confess that when I was in a wheelchair and had to shower seated, I did this.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Sending out hugs to those who need them and congrats to those doing so well! <3
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts for my dad!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is really, really bad with names. When referring to this thread and mentioning various people, he (we?) have coined various terms to help him keep track of who I'm talking about. A few of these are:

- The horse lady (@pofoster21)
    - The llama lady (@ythannah)
    - The friendly lady (@LBuehrle8)
    - The cookie-face lady (@spamarie)
    - The Dr. Elmo lady (obviously @nonoelmo)
    - The Mo lady (@MoHousdon)

... Among others. Don't blame me for your new names though... I swear they're his fault! :p

Those are too cute! Good job @mrsusie

I have to start posting more. I want a nickname.

You have one already... He calls you the Canada flag lady :D
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is really, really bad with names. When referring to this thread and mentioning various people, he (we?) have coined various terms to help him keep track of who I'm talking about. A few of these are:

- The horse lady (@pofoster21)
    - The llama lady (@ythannah)
    - The friendly lady (@LBuehrle8)
    - The cookie-face lady (@spamarie)
    - The Dr. Elmo lady (obviously @nonoelmo)
    - The Mo lady (@MoHousdon)

... Among others. Don't blame me for your new names though... I swear they're his fault! :p

Those are too cute! Good job @mrsusie

I have to start posting more. I want a nickname.

Me too lol

You don't have one yet, but I described you to him as "The lady with the picture of her son in floaties," and he went "Ohhh, her." :p

@LBuehrle8 Oops!! That happened to me the first time I bought it as well--I had more self control the second time. ;) We haven't bought it again, though, because it's really expensive for a very small jar. :)

@RaelynnsMama52512 Nope, not yet--at least not that I recall anyway. He usually bases his nickname on pictures, and yours doesn't show very clearly from the forum.

@pofoster21 Good afternoon! Hope you have fun on your practice swim and practice ride today (or were those yesterday?). Is the half today or on Sunday? I just remember that it's on the weekend... :p I'll do your grocery shopping for you!! ;)

Aww, I think I'm going to have to find a new picture. I want a nickname lol!

Ahh this is the reason for the change! Do you want to be tinker bell? Or fairy lady?:)

Or Elsa! Lol ;)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Zia209 wrote: »
    I have to eat in while driving. I do not know when this started, but I feel like I need a cookie in my hand as soon as I get in the car. I no longer allow food in the car and everything goes into the trunk.

That is how you stop yourself from eating there. I usually have to have something to drink while I am in the car. The only time I really feel like I need food too is if it is a long road trip.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My internet is being really weird.

I'm going to attempt to catch up a little.
    @misskalhan that sounds fun. Enjoy your upcoming trip too.
    @Italian_Buju - miss you.
    @Ohgeeque - Happy birthday!
    @Froggybug - Lots of hugs. It is a tough time and only you can find your way (whatever it is) through it.
    @Kellienw335 - Thanks! Have a great break and vacation. I hope your dad starts healing very quickly. It sounds like a complicated situation and I wish you very very well as you and your family deal with it. Let us know how it is as you can.
    @shibaears - no fun, but funny.
    @lbuehrle8 - Have a great time. So soon!
    @rungirl1973 - I'd be wanting her home ASAP just because. HUGS
    @lovelikewinter - I made a choice to be less fit, exercise less, and do what I could while I was in grad school. I just didn't have enough hours in the day. I did bike commute so I got at least 2.5 miles of bike riding twice a day. See what you can fit in and good luck.
    @kylerjaye - great start. Love hearing the updates
    @crosbylee - Yay!
    @quicksylver296 Fun!!

<3 to all. I have to do more work.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    GUYSGUYSGUYSYOUGUYS.

I spent the whole morning researching and talked to my husband and I think we might get to go to Peru after all in September!

There are several alternative treks to Machu Picchu other than the classic "Inca Trail" with the crowds and the permits and stuff, and after reading a ton about all of them I decided that the Salkantay trek would probably be an even better option for us. It's quieter, you don't need a permit, it is BEAUTIFUL, and it's higher-altitude (up to 15,900 ft) and more challenging than the usual trail (but they are able to use pack animals so we'd have llamas to carry our backpacks). I've emailed the linked tour company to see if they have space available and I hope so, because we'd still get to trek and see Machu Picchu but would get to do it in a totally different way. I'm so freaking excited and I am hoping so much that we can get on a tour!

Look at this! I think we have to do it this way even if we have to put it off until May because it looks amazing and so much better than the beaten path....

kygy7bwzca76.jpg
    ip1bdpcmk5b8.jpg
    szbno88da1bs.jpg
    r8gxmitccvee.jpg
    m8x51jblp817.jpg

OMG!! WOW! That looks FABULOUS!! I hopehopehope you get to do it and can take pics to show us. What an amazing adventure! I've always wanted to do some trekking in the Himalayan mountains - Nepal, Tibet, etc. But never had the money or vacation time to do so. Machu Pichu would be so neat - I'd love to see it one day!

I agree with it all! I looks like an amazing trip. Have so much fun.

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    post weekend, catching up on 20 pages, after date(s) update:

(also, if my random date updates bothers anyone or if no one actually cares, PLEASE let me know and i'll stop posting. seriously)

ok, i promise no fourth date (or another of the firsts) and i just chilled with netflix with the puppies for the day. but dude, did text me a few times to make sure i was doing ok, and to let me know that he really likes spending time with me and hopes he can keep doing so in the future. *squee*

I actually like when people do this kind of post because it is interesting and easy to read.

I'm glad that you finally found someone that is normal that you seem to be getting along with really well. I hope that continues. :) Overall, it sounded like a good/fun weekend.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Still on vacation. Just dropping by to share this photo.

OMG, SUPER JEALOUS HERE!!! I love that photo and I really wish I was there right now. :(

Glad you are having fun though. :)

• FroggyBug
    Options
    This is a three day work week for me! I have a Girl’s Weekend with my girlfriends in Lexington, Kentucky! Woohoo! It is the middle of our three locations, and we did this two years ago. Really excited! Anyone live in/near the area and have suggestions on restaurants or things to do?

Then next Friday I leave to go to Illinois for eight days to visit my family, which won’t be as fun as the Girl’s Weekend. I haven’t mentioned this on here yet, but my dad was in a really bad car accident back in late May. He was traveling for work in Pennsylvania. He was in a hospital there for a week and then was transported back to Illinois and was in rehab for a week. He was able to go home even though he was still in quite a bit of pain. He started having really bad back pain, where he couldn’t walk, so he went to the ER. He was admitted to the hospital and they did surgery on his back. A week later they were getting ready to discharge him to rehab again and discovered that the incision was infected, so another surgery was done. He is currently still in rehab and physical therapy seems to be getting better, not great but better. He is scheduled to be discharged from rehab on Thursday, but that may change. I am going up there to hopefully help in any way that I can. He and my stepmom (who doesn’t drive) live with my grandmother (93), who can’t be left alone anymore. My aunt has been driving my stepmom back and forth to the hospital while a caregiver stays with my grandmother during the day. My one brother, who still lives in the area, is not helpful. The whole situation is not good and I really wish I lived closer so I could help. The hubby and kiddos are going on the trip too so please pray for me!

Really not sure I’ll be able to keep up over the next few weeks, which makes me a little sad. Even though I tell people to just jump back in; I’ll feel like I missed something.

I hope you have a fun weekend with the girls.

I am sorry to hear about your dad and that whole situation. Wish I had some advice but I don't. I'll just keep your family in my thoughts and hope things get better for them.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Just to illustrate how weird I am, this morning on my run I had a stretch of 3 songs that went like this:

Sold (Grundy County Auction) by John Michael Montgomery
    Still Not A Player by Big Punisher
    Thunder Kiss '65 by White Zombie

I also think this dates me a little.

Please don't judge that I haven't figured out how to use the shuffle on my iPhone

Totally sounds like my playlist. Sold by JMM, then Adrenaline by Shinedown, then maybe Bad by Michael Jackson.

I am all country all the time. Sometimes I have older rock that pops up...and I skip it. I will admit, I do have all Nickleback's albums on my ipod and when I am in the last stages of a run and need some extra motivation, I switch to all Nickleback. The beat helps me pick up my pace. And I LOVE Nickelback. I love that guy's voice. I will say in life he is ugly as sin.

Several years ago, I was treated to a concert by some friends. The groups were Sick Puppies, Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin (LOVE THEM) and Nickelback! Nickelback was AWESOME! I know they get a lot of grief, but I think they're a really talented group of guys. Shinedown was really good too. I should see if I can find a picture from the concert and post it in the random pics thread in the batcave.

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, today has been a somewhat productive day! I called about a community program through United way for Raelynn, and talked to someone from the school district about getting services for her. I'm waiting on someone from United way to call me back, and waiting on a phone call from the preschool director to call me and set up an appointment to do an evaluation and fill out paperwork. I'm also going to the Family Connections office in Greenville tomorrow and see if someone can help me fill out the TEFRA paperwork, since I have trouble doing things over the phone. I'm not sitting around waiting, this needs to be settled ASAP!

We also made some new friends at the park today and found out about a Cinderella "princess" themed tea party on Wednesday, let's just say Raelynn is stoked about life right now! ;)
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

Aww, that's sad! Hopefully no one notices.

I did that with my coffee a few weeks ago. I spilled some on my shirt. Then I probably looked like a nutcase because I ran to the roof of the parking garage and stood in the pouring rain to get my shirt wet enough where the stain would go away. So, I walked around work soaked until everything dried up. At least I got the stain out. I'm weird.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    So far today I've only eaten a piece of bread because I've pretty much run out of food. Going to have to go to the grocery store... but right now I'm really hungry and my cravings are running wild, so hopefully I will be able to come out of there without splurging on chocolate or something.

Good luck!! Let us know how you do/did.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Same! Even in a boat on the lake with no head. I have to hold it until we get on land. This can be painful.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I just got catcalled on my way to the grocery store. I NEVER get catcalled. I guess I had the amazingly sexy sweaty and uncomfortable look going for me.
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    So far today I've only eaten a piece of bread because I've pretty much run out of food. Going to have to go to the grocery store... but right now I'm really hungry and my cravings are running wild, so hopefully I will be able to come out of there without splurging on chocolate or something.

Good luck!! Let us know how you do/did.
    I did pretty well! I admit I bought a small tub of ice cream, but I did NOT eat the whole thing, fortunately :lol: I am no longer lightheaded like I was earlier, but I'm still short on calories... maybe I'll have a few more spoonfuls of ice cream later ;)
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

Aww, that's sad! Hopefully no one notices.

I did that with my coffee a few weeks ago. I spilled some on my shirt. Then I probably looked like a nutcase because I ran to the roof of the parking garage and stood in the pouring rain to get my shirt wet enough where the stain would go away. So, I walked around work soaked until everything dried up. At least I got the stain out. I'm weird.

Oh man, sorry @ShibaEars and @FroggyBug but I laughed so hard at these. Totally with you, not at you though. Thanks for the mid-day chuckle :)