Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• cth2020
    cth2020 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Same! Even in a boat on the lake with no head. I have to hold it until we get on land. This can be painful.

I peed in a pool once but the life guard got mad and yelled at me... it scared me so bad I almost fell in!!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    So I made myself stop reading here and get some work done, finally. I am totally in the unmotivated crew today. I am concerned about the possibility of severe weather at the scout camp where my husband and youngest son are until Wednesday. The words "tornado watch" and "tent camping" are not compatible.

@susieq -peanut butter pie is super easy. I think I was 13 when I made my first one. If you made dulcet de lecher, you've got this.

@tigerNY - I am lifting and eat at maintenance plus 1/3-1/2 of my exercise. I'm staying in my weight range and I am definitely seeing less fat and more muscle in the mirror. It's not easy, but it is working. By the end of the year, I want to be able to squat, bench press and deadlift my body weight.

@fluffysandwich, I would have to stop and buy a grilled chicken salad somewhere before I went to the store hungry. It's always a disaster when I shop hungry,

@froggybug - no judgment from me, for sure. I am no longer friends with the people who told me to leave my husband instead of working out our issues. It is your decision to make together, and everyone else can go hang. Good luck making it. (I will say that either of you choosing not to work on the problems is a decision to let the relationship end.)

@rungirl - so sorry for your daughter, my punk kid sister has this type of crippling anxiety attacks. I feel so helpless when she calls crying her heart out. Hugs for you both
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    I drove 200 miles last night to end my relationships. I talked a lot. Couldn't bring myself to say the words. I didn't think it would be possible for my heart to be so broken again.

Oh my. I'm so sorry, that is such a hard thing to do... even if it is a decision in your own best interest.

I admire your strength. <3

And, since I'm not caught up yet, Happy Birthday @ohgeeque Congrats on the triathlon @pofoster21 and glad to see you mobile (and baking!) again @Susieq_1994
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    lxsaps wrote: »
    I just had about 5 bites of Carrot Cake and I feel terrible about it.

Don't beat yourself up. If it fits in your calories then enjoy your carrot cake if it didn't fit in your calories still enjoy your carrot cake.

The only time you should get mad about eating something is if you're allergic or the food is awful! Now I could understand if it were Kale :p.

Agreed! All the kale can burn in the fiery pits of hell. It is NOT food and should not pretend it is.

It really should! The first time I ate Kale I tried it in a salad with dressing & had to force myself to finish it. The second time I made Kale chips & they were so disgusting! I thought I got food poisoning from the Kale & it turned out to be the stomach bug. The last time I tried it in a store bought Kale chip package & still tasted like crap. I have finally learned my lesson to never eat them again.

Now Baby Spinach is yummy & I have been eating it as part of my lunch for weeks.
  • ythannah
    Options
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

With me it's usually something chocolate-ish that melts and smears... normally dropped on my chair, then transfers itself to my slacks... which then resembles excrement, I'm sure.
  • ythannah
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Me neither. I remember having major surgery when I was 19 and the first night I was given a bedpan to pee in... even though my bladder was close to bursting, it took a LOT of effort to pee while sitting in bed.

Aaaaand... four days later, I'm finally caught up!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Super far behind right now but I don't want anyone to miss this :) ...if you're into this sort of thing

nat20150709a_landing.jpg
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @ythannah, Yay for being caught up!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @ythannah glad you're all caught up!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon this makes me so angry on so many fronts for you and your husband and the cat. I hope that cat comes back as a shadow cat and haunts her dreams.

+1!!

+1 I'm so sorry for the ongoing drama with SD. HUGS!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    So I made myself stop reading here and get some work done, finally. I am totally in the unmotivated crew today. I am concerned about the possibility of severe weather at the scout camp where my husband and youngest son are until Wednesday. The words "tornado watch" and "tent camping" are not compatible.

@susieq -peanut butter pie is super easy. I think I was 13 when I made my first one. If you made dulcet de lecher, you've got this.

I have to admit that the "lecher" typo made me giggle... I'm no lecher, I promise! And I wouldn't know how to make one if I tried... :p

I'm actually purposefully complicating it by making multi layers of chocolate ganache, peanut butter filling, whipped cream, etc., all of which will need separate assembling and cooling in between. I'm hoping to make something super special (and pretty!) to present to my in-laws. :)
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    So I got a game in the mail today. It's from the Harvest Moon series... nothing hardcore but I've always found it adorable and relaxing. You basically just go around town building your home and relationships and farming. Just a quiet and cute game :) Right now I'm feeling a bit panicky (I don't know if my posts show it or not) so I'm hoping it can soothe me :tongue:

My husband was telling me that he LOVED this game! I've never played it, but now I'm curious. I was lamenting selling my old school Nintendo years ago and wishing I had it to play some Zelda or Super Mario on again. I worked hard at my grandma's farm to earn the money to buy the NES for myself when I was about 10 years old. It was the first thing I ever really WORKED for and it taught me a lot about the value of money/time/effort. I'll be 39 next month and have to adult most days.... but MAN, I'd love to just spend a day playing the old games I loved!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So, today has been a somewhat productive day! I called about a community program through United way for Raelynn, and talked to someone from the school district about getting services for her. I'm waiting on someone from United way to call me back, and waiting on a phone call from the preschool director to call me and set up an appointment to do an evaluation and fill out paperwork. I'm also going to the Family Connections office in Greenville tomorrow and see if someone can help me fill out the TEFRA paperwork, since I have trouble doing things over the phone. I'm not sitting around waiting, this needs to be settled ASAP!

We also made some new friends at the park today and found out about a Cinderella "princess" themed tea party on Wednesday, let's just say Raelynn is stoked about life right now! ;)

Way to stay on top of it. You are her best advocate. If you haven't already, start a notebook for her with all the doctor visit , therapy info, and her basic routine and things you try like the melatonin in it. You'll be able to trace what helps and what makes it worse.
    My son was guaranteed to meltdown if he had chocolate when he was in elementary and middle school. It seems to be better now, but he won't eat much of it at a time anyway. We also had to have the school separate him from a boy who would pester my son into a meltdown at least once a week, usually to delay their spelling test.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I have to admit that the "lecher" typo made me giggle... I'm no lecher, I promise! And I wouldn't know how to make one if I tried... :p

I'm actually purposefully complicating it by making multi layers of chocolate ganache, peanut butter filling, whipped cream, etc., all of which will need separate assembling and cooling in between. I'm hoping to make something super special (and pretty!) to present to my in-laws. :)

Oh, no! I didn't even see that! Stupid autocorrect!!! I don't think you're a lecher, I promise! Ganache is not hard either, but I do understand why you're concerned now. Just think of it as stacking blocks and remember the whipped cream can frost the whole thing to hide any flaws. (I love baking, in case you missed it.)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, today has been a somewhat productive day! I called about a community program through United way for Raelynn, and talked to someone from the school district about getting services for her. I'm waiting on someone from United way to call me back, and waiting on a phone call from the preschool director to call me and set up an appointment to do an evaluation and fill out paperwork. I'm also going to the Family Connections office in Greenville tomorrow and see if someone can help me fill out the TEFRA paperwork, since I have trouble doing things over the phone. I'm not sitting around waiting, this needs to be settled ASAP!

We also made some new friends at the park today and found out about a Cinderella "princess" themed tea party on Wednesday, let's just say Raelynn is stoked about life right now! ;)

Way to stay on top of it. You are her best advocate. If you haven't already, start a notebook for her with all the doctor visit , therapy info, and her basic routine and things you try like the melatonin in it. You'll be able to trace what helps and what makes it worse.
    My son was guaranteed to meltdown if he had chocolate when he was in elementary and middle school. It seems to be better now, but he won't eat much of it at a time anyway. We also had to have the school separate him from a boy who would pester my son into a meltdown at least once a week, usually to delay their spelling test.

I'll have to start keeping a notebook, definitely! I took a few notes of some concerns a while back when she was in therapy and it helped when talking to her therapist, so I'll have to start that regularly. (I don't know why I haven't done that already....)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Oh, no! I didn't even see that! Stupid autocorrect!!! I don't think you're a lecher, I promise! Ganache is not hard either, but I do understand why you're concerned now. Just think of it as stacking blocks and remember the whipped cream can frost the whole thing to hide any flaws. (I love baking, in case you missed it.)

So do I! That's why I've gotten myself into a fever pitch of excitement about making something new. ;) Do you think I can possibly get the ganache to lay absolutely smooth and flat on top of the peanut butter filling, without a ripple? That's how I'm imagining it in my head, but I'm pretty sure it would be really complicated to get it to look like that.. *sigh*

I was thinking that my best bet is to smooth the peanut butter filling with an offset spatula until it's as smooth as possible, then pour the liquid hot ganache over it and kind of tilt the pie this way and that to let it spread on its own (so I wouldn't make ripples with a spatula/spoon/whatever). Think it would work?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Your in laws are some lucky people!! Just the sound of that sounds AMAZING!!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So I got a game in the mail today. It's from the Harvest Moon series... nothing hardcore but I've always found it adorable and relaxing. You basically just go around town building your home and relationships and farming. Just a quiet and cute game :) Right now I'm feeling a bit panicky (I don't know if my posts show it or not) so I'm hoping it can soothe me :tongue:

My husband was telling me that he LOVED this game! I've never played it, but now I'm curious. I was lamenting selling my old school Nintendo years ago and wishing I had it to play some Zelda or Super Mario on again. I worked hard at my grandma's farm to earn the money to buy the NES for myself when I was about 10 years old. It was the first thing I ever really WORKED for and it taught me a lot about the value of money/time/effort. I'll be 39 next month and have to adult most days.... but MAN, I'd love to just spend a day playing the old games I loved!

I confess that I didn't grow up playing Mario and Zelda (I mostly played PlayStation 2 games). I think I played my first Zelda game at 17 or 18: Majora's Mask. It remains one of my favorite games EVER and definitely my favorite in the Zelda series :tongue: My boyfriend and I have almost every single console out there. Harvest Moon is great and relaxing but I've been spending way too much time on it! :lol:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Caught up from the weekend and here are some random thoughts. Sorry if I forgot anyone.

@MoHousdon – Glad the SD visited. I hope this is a step in the right direction.
    @LBuehrle8 – I hope you have a fantastic time in the UK! How long will you be there?
    @nonoelmo – That place looks amazing! Glad your SO enjoyed the ride!
    @pofoster21 – Awesome weekend!
    @Susieq_1994 – Glad you’re feeling better!
    @TigerNY128 – Sounds like your BF is enjoying torturing you!
    @KylerJaye – I like reading about your dates! Sounds like you had a good weekend!
    @quiksylver296 – Love that picture!
    @m1xm0d3 – How was your daughter’s party?
    @FroggyBug – Sorry you’re so down. (Hugs)
    @peleroja – What dress did you end up wearing?
    @spacequiztime – Good luck at your appointment!

Has anyone heard from the piano playing name lady, the girl that lost a bunch of weight and then was struggling with anorexia, Marissafit or something like that, or Overlook?

I think her name is Krissy, but I haven't seen her post in the Gelato group for awhile & I also hope she's doing a lot better with her nutrition & exercise.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    This is a three day work week for me! I have a Girl’s Weekend with my girlfriends in Lexington, Kentucky! Woohoo! It is the middle of our three locations, and we did this two years ago. Really excited! Anyone live in/near the area and have suggestions on restaurants or things to do?

Then next Friday I leave to go to Illinois for eight days to visit my family, which won’t be as fun as the Girl’s Weekend. I haven’t mentioned this on here yet, but my dad was in a really bad car accident back in late May. He was traveling for work in Pennsylvania. He was in a hospital there for a week and then was transported back to Illinois and was in rehab for a week. He was able to go home even though he was still in quite a bit of pain. He started having really bad back pain, where he couldn’t walk, so he went to the ER. He was admitted to the hospital and they did surgery on his back. A week later they were getting ready to discharge him to rehab again and discovered that the incision was infected, so another surgery was done. He is currently still in rehab and physical therapy seems to be getting better, not great but better. He is scheduled to be discharged from rehab on Thursday, but that may change. I am going up there to hopefully help in any way that I can. He and my stepmom (who doesn’t drive) live with my grandmother (93), who can’t be left alone anymore. My aunt has been driving my stepmom back and forth to the hospital while a caregiver stays with my grandmother during the day. My one brother, who still lives in the area, is not helpful. The whole situation is not good and I really wish I lived closer so I could help. The hubby and kiddos are going on the trip too so please pray for me!

Really not sure I’ll be able to keep up over the next few weeks, which makes me a little sad. Even though I tell people to just jump back in; I’ll feel like I missed something.

I hope you have a blast in Kentucky!

So sorry to hear about your dad's accident & all of the pain he's still going through. Thank God they caught the infection before he was discharged.