Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    So... Here's my pie. Forgive my disgusting kitchen, I made it into a whirlwind mess while preparing the pie (as usual), and I haven't cleaned it up yet. Behold!

5bc0tk918xzo.jpg

kmh9v0m66f1d.jpg

Pretty enough to show my mother-in-law? :p I'm planning to clean up the edges a little when I make the other two pies, the ganache over-spilled the crust a little because there was too much filling. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I'll be sure to post another picture when I cut into it so you can all see the different layers! :)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 YUM! Definitely pretty enough. :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I was feeling inspired by @pofoster21 so I went looking for a run to do. I'm nowhere near ready to do a half-anything but I found a 5K in the fall that allows dogs. Anything I can include my dog in makes me happy :smile: I'm never motivated to do any proper training when I do runs on my own, but I will have to do some this time to make sure my dog is prepared.

This is fabulous!!! Good luck! Having all the dogs on the run will be super fun and will be such an excellent motivation. @pofoster21 is a great inspiration to get out and do all the things, isn't she? I think I'll start working on training to climb Mt. Adams in Washington state next spring. My uncle and cousin invited me and my husband to go with them next June and we said we'd do it. Yay!

Yes, she is! As are many other people in this thread :smile:

Doing a climb would be awesome! I liked reading @orangesmartie posts about her mountain trek & I'm wondering if I should look into something like it myself.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    So... Here's my pie. Forgive my disgusting kitchen, I made it into a whirlwind mess while preparing the pie (as usual), and I haven't cleaned it up yet. Behold!

5bc0tk918xzo.jpg

kmh9v0m66f1d.jpg

Pretty enough to show my mother-in-law? :p I'm planning to clean up the edges a little when I make the other two pies, the ganache over-spilled the crust a little because there was too much filling. :)

Looks fabulous! I want to see the inside now.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 YUM! Definitely pretty enough. :)

Yum is right. My stomach just growled lol
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Weird question - has anyone here ever dealt with ovarian cysts? The last 2 months I've had progressively more pain in my left side. I've gone in to the doc and had an ultrasound, but the image of the left ovary was not clear for some reason. So, am waiting for a follow up with my regular doc in a couple weeks. Just wondered whether anyone has had cysts and can tell me what helped the pain.

I'm keeping on top of the situation... I'm healthy otherwise, about 22 lbs from my goal weight of 160lbs, and don't have a history of any other medical issues. Thanks for your input!

I had a rather large one not too long after I had my daughter and was in quite a bit of pain. The doctor prescribed some stuff and I used a heating pad for about a month or so...however long they need to see if it's going to get bigger, smaller, or disappear. It got bigger so they removed the cyst. Recovery was a couple days without heavy lifting. The only bad part was I put on ten pounds after the surgery.

At age 17 I had one that burst. I lot quite a bit of blood (thought it was menstrual). My mom said "no" to a blood transfusion so they gave me steroids and something else to stop the bleeding, and I was in bed for about a week too weak to stand from loss of blood. The steroids helped me gain weight (that I didn't want) and with the iron supplements and good food I recovered. It took about a year to lose the aproximately 15 pounds I gained on seven days of steroids while ill in bed.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    @ShibaEars I just dropped some Coconut Almond Butter on my pants ugh! At least I'm at home & it landed on my pant leg.

I used to always order this Nacho Chili Cheese meal at work & of course it would always be when I had on a white shirt. Do you think I could ever not make a mess on my shirt? Heck no! Luckily I had a vest to wear that none of the customers could see.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I bought a children's duck-down vest at Costco last night because it was made of real down but $20. $20! Luckily I'm hobbit-sized and can make that stuff fit (at least with athletic wear, which generally doesn't look so obviously from the kids' section) because it's so much cheaper than adult clothes. So yeah, I wear kids' clothes....

I'm far from hobbit-sized (I'm 5'9) but I own quite a few kids' XXL clothes from the Gap because a) they're something where length didn't matter b) they were cute and on sale dirt cheap and c) kids' clothing is exempt from sales tax here -- double win. Including... drum roll please... a down vest!

Oh, wait. My bust probably qualifies as hobbit-sized. :|

Oddly, mine does not (I wear a 28H in American sizes) but because my frame is small underneath them (ribcage/shoulders) they still fit in kids' tops by some weird alchemy.

I've never been able to figure out who women's clothing is actually cut for, because it's certainly not people like me, but then bigger and or/taller women (even my tall slim friends who would seem to have a body like a runway model) say nothing fits them either. So who is this stuff for (and who is the child that my girls' shirts were intended for, for that matter)?

My heavens, where on earth do you find bras that size??? I thought it was a challenge getting 32C but I will never complain again... I can still find a few here and there.

And I have NO idea what the "average" woman that is supposed to fit these clothes looks like... I always assumed she was just shorter than me and blamed the poor fit on my length... like the waistline of dresses ending up around my ribs, midway between waist and bust, or rises that are too short.

I wear a brand called Freya that I mostly order online (although there are expensive boutiques in my city that also sell them.) But luckily it's more common than you'd think now that more and more women are learning to measure themselves correctly. I can never go back to the sort-of-fitting 32DDs I was wearing before that would crawl up my back and float away from my chest in the middle and not hold a darn thing in place. So it's great that there are so many more options than there used to be, even if they're pricey.

I'm not even that short at 5'4" but rises on pants come up way too high on me and hemlines on skirts are always just too long enough to look dumpy and hip-length shirts are dresses, so I can't fathom who clothes are indeed meant for.

Don't feel bad... for DECADES I wore 36A (and still think of myself as an A cup gal) but every time I lifted my arms above shoulder height my bra would ride up above my boobs. And still I didn't clue in that I was wearing the wrong size.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I confess that when I see "bucket list" pictures like this pinned on Pinterest or on FB, I want to yell at the person.
    Totally judging this lame bucket list item:

r971q0xyvju1.jpg

Is this from a 5 year olds bucket list?

HAHAHAHA!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been around to partake in many of the confessions/banter. Busy work week!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    @ShibaEars I just dropped some Coconut Almond Butter on my pants ugh! At least I'm at home & it landed on my pant leg.

I used to always order this Nacho Chili Cheese meal at work & of course it would always be when I had on a white shirt. Do you think I could ever not make a mess on my shirt? Heck no! Luckily I had a vest to wear that none of the customers could see.

If there is tomato sauce anywhere in my vicinity, it will end up on my shirt.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @crosbylee I was so excited to try it out that I cut it open although it needed a few more hours to finish chilling completely, so predictably it made a huge mess. But I did get pictures! ;)

lmmfpnxsaqsv.jpg
    ewv8jwy9eqnu.jpg

If you look between the whipped cream and the filling, you'll see a nice layer of chocolate ganache. :)

Things I learned in my taste trial:
    - Too much whipped cream. I thought this might be the case, since the layer of whipped cream is as thick as the pie filling. I'll be decreasing it by approximately 1/3rd next time.
    - The whipped cream wasn't sweet enough and had way too much vanilla. I knew about the vanilla, because I lost my grip on the bottle and it flooded the whipped cream, but I'll need to increase the powdered sugar a little bit.
    - Otherwise? Mmmmm. My husband didn't like it very much, because he said peanut butter in pie is weird and he isn't used to the idea or the taste. ;) I hope his family likes it, though!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    So I got a game in the mail today. It's from the Harvest Moon series... nothing hardcore but I've always found it adorable and relaxing. You basically just go around town building your home and relationships and farming. Just a quiet and cute game :) Right now I'm feeling a bit panicky (I don't know if my posts show it or not) so I'm hoping it can soothe me :tongue:

My husband was telling me that he LOVED this game! I've never played it, but now I'm curious. I was lamenting selling my old school Nintendo years ago and wishing I had it to play some Zelda or Super Mario on again. I worked hard at my grandma's farm to earn the money to buy the NES for myself when I was about 10 years old. It was the first thing I ever really WORKED for and it taught me a lot about the value of money/time/effort. I'll be 39 next month and have to adult most days.... but MAN, I'd love to just spend a day playing the old games I loved!

My husband plays all those old-school games without a NES or SNES. He does it via a standard PC plugged into a TV, with one of the old controllers plugged in. You can get all kinds of retro games downloaded, exactly as they were. He is currently swearing his way through original Mario. No idea how one goes about setting this up, but is a possibility!

WHAAAAAT????? Please tell me how he does this!! You can PM me if you want. I've been jonesing for some old school platform-style games! :-)

Just google 'NES/SNES emulator'. It's rather simple, really.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 That pie looks delicious. Also, no such thing as 'too much whipped cream'.

Mr Tubbs and I just returned from a spontaneously spontaneous night away without kids! It was lovely - I posted some pics in the Batcave.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    @crosbylee I was so excited to try it out that I cut it open although it needed a few more hours to finish chilling completely, so predictably it made a huge mess. But I did get pictures! ;)

lmmfpnxsaqsv.jpg
    ewv8jwy9eqnu.jpg

If you look between the whipped cream and the filling, you'll see a nice layer of chocolate ganache. :)

Things I learned in my taste trial:
    - Too much whipped cream. I thought this might be the case, since the layer of whipped cream is as thick as the pie filling. I'll be decreasing it by approximately 1/3rd next time.
    - The whipped cream wasn't sweet enough and had way too much vanilla. I knew about the vanilla, because I lost my grip on the bottle and it flooded the whipped cream, but I'll need to increase the powdered sugar a little bit.
    - Otherwise? Mmmmm. My husband didn't like it very much, because he said peanut butter in pie is weird and he isn't used to the idea or the taste. ;) I hope his family likes it, though!

It looks delish!! Please post in in our recipe thread. My husband loves peanut butter and this would be just the thing for him!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I'll be sure to post another picture when I cut into it so you can all see the different layers! :)

I NEED THAT. I mean... ummm... it looks terrible... you should probably send it to the new food recycling place in Vancouver WA (aka my home). Let me get you the address....

:wink:
  • jthurman3
    Options
    I had a rather large one not too long after I had my daughter and was in quite a bit of pain. The doctor prescribed some stuff and I used a heating pad for about a month or so...however long they need to see if it's going to get bigger, smaller, or disappear. It got bigger so they removed the cyst. Recovery was a couple days without heavy lifting. The only bad part was I put on ten pounds after the surgery.

Ouch! And the recovery doesn't seem too bad. Hmmm....except for the gaining 10lbs part! Ack. Thank you so much for sharing and letting me know! It'll be a couple weeks before I know anything more, but it's great to know that even if surgery may be involved, it may not be too hard to bounce back from.
  • jthurman3
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Just google 'NES/SNES emulator'. It's rather simple, really.

Thank you!!! I will do that when I get home. My work interwebs filters are so overly-restrictive. Probably so employees don't do things like Google NES emulator whilst on the company clock. Hee hee

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 That pie looks delicious. Also, no such thing as 'too much whipped cream'.

Truth