Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Other than my wedding band, this is the only jewelry I own (and my most precious treasure). It's silver and only cost fifty dollars, but I love it more than Gollum loved his precious ring. ;)

kotyhtnqr9li.jpg

It was the very first gift given to me by my husband, and not because he "had to". Traditionally the groom has to buy the bride a super-fancy jewelry set that she'll wear at the wedding. He did so, and I hate it, and it's sitting in a corner waiting for gold prices to go back up so I can sell the ugly thing. He bought me this just because, and I treasure it. :)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I love your wedding rings! They're really unique and beautiful!

I don't wear much jewelry either. I got my ears pierced when I was around 11 and I probably wear earrings about once every year or so... mostly just to make sure the holes don't heal back up. I actually do like looking at earrings, though. Bracelets I NEVER wear... same with rings. Necklaces I wear every so often, like right now I'm wearing one I got for free in the Dominican Republic (from a nice vendor). I don't think I have ever spent money on jewelry.

EDIT: You and your husband are so cute together, Susie!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I do love funky jewelry though and have a huge ear ring collection (I have a pixie haircut - showing off great ear rings is a big benefit of that for me) and a pretty good pendant collection. I just go for rocks rather than gems.

Love love love those earrings!

@Susieq_1994 your wedding bands are beautiful, I've never seen anything like them.

Wow, the Claddagh ring is really popular... is that Celtic heritage or just liking the design?

Bracelets are my thing but they tend to annoy me working on a computer most of the day, they're usually rattling on the keyboard.... so my collection sits unworn. I love unique handcrafted pieces and have a lot of leather bracelets.

Susie's is so different! I like it. We looked into all those unusual metals like titanium for my husband's band but we ended up with meteorite, which some people look down on because "it's just iron"...but it's IRON FROM A SPACE ROCK THAT CRASHED IN THE DESERT and that's super great. Haha.

I can't wear bracelets either because they bug me when I'm typing. Same with my watch. I like it and it's practical but I pretty much just leave it at my desk and put it on before I go into a meeting.

That IS super great!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    @ythannah Celtic heritage for me (my grandmother's side is from Newfoundland, they have a ton of Irish background), the design is beautiful as well :)
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I do love funky jewelry though and have a huge ear ring collection (I have a pixie haircut - showing off great ear rings is a big benefit of that for me) and a pretty good pendant collection. I just go for rocks rather than gems.

@Susieq_1994 your wedding bands are beautiful, I've never seen anything like them.

Wow, the Claddagh ring is really popular... is that Celtic heritage or just liking the design?

Bracelets are my thing but they tend to annoy me working on a computer most of the day, they're usually rattling on the keyboard.... so my collection sits unworn. I love unique handcrafted pieces and have a lot of leather bracelets.

Susie's is so different! I like it. We looked into all those unusual metals like titanium for my husband's band but we ended up with meteorite, which some people look down on because "it's just iron"...but it's IRON FROM A SPACE ROCK THAT CRASHED IN THE DESERT and that's super great. Haha.

I can't wear bracelets either because they bug me when I'm typing. Same with my watch. I like it and it's practical but I pretty much just leave it at my desk and put it on before I go into a meeting.

Agreed, that does sound super-great! I loved the uniqueness of both the designs and the metal, so I thought the titanium ones were super cool. :)

Editing to add... You totally reminded me of the cartoon "Avatar - The Last Airbender" and Sokka's space sword.

q8qsovts6khy.jpg

Fantastic show! Have you seen the Korra installment yet? :D
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Agreed, that does sound super-great! I loved the uniqueness of both the designs and the metal, so I thought the titanium ones were super cool. :)

Editing to add... You totally reminded me of the cartoon "Avatar - The Last Airbender" and Sokka's space sword.

q8qsovts6khy.jpg

I watched the first several episodes, but I didn't like it. Korra was SUCH a brat! She reminded me of Toph when she was a kid. -_-
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I love your wedding rings! They're really unique and beautiful!

I don't wear much jewelry either. I got my ears pierced when I was around 11 and I probably wear earrings about once every year or so... mostly just to make sure the holes don't heal back up. I actually do like looking at earrings, though. Bracelets I NEVER wear... same with rings. Necklaces I wear every so often, like right now I'm wearing one I got for free in the Dominican Republic (from a nice vendor). I don't think I have ever spent money on jewelry.

EDIT: You and your husband are so cute together, Susie!

Thank you! For both statements, since I picked the rings AND the husband... :p
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

q8qsovts6khy.jpg

I have, and I'm not even a fan myself. LOL My daughter loves Manga.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 Your rings are gorgeous!

I don't really wear much jewelry. I have a pair of small white gold earrings my parents gave me when I was about 15 that I just leave in all the time. And I have a nose stud that also just stays in all the time. I do LOVE watches though, and have two that I alternate between (except for when I'm using my fitbit).

I love the idea of jewelry and bought a bunch of necklaces when my friend was selling Stella & Dot stuff, but then I forget to put them on. I also love bracelets & rings on other people, but can't stand them on myself. They spin and get in the way and drive me crazy. It's a good thing I'm not engaged or married, because I'm not sure I could keep a ring on for longer than a couple hours!

It took me months to stop taking off my engagement ring all the time. I'm used to it now but it drove me bonkers for a while.

FitBit questions for all of you users: I used to have the One (the clip-on, not the bracelet, until I put it through the washing machine) and I'm thinking about buying another and considering the bracelet this time to reduce the likelihood of another run-in with the machine, but I'm worried about it on my wrist working at the computer etc, both for comfort reasons and wondering if it'll track extra steps. Any opinions on that?
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I was staining my fence last night (which I HATE doing, FYI) and ended up splashing myself with stain, managing to get a bunch in my armpit somehow. It didn't all come off in the shower, so I have a grey armpit today :blush:
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So I've decided that my reward when I hit goal weight is I'm going to apply for a makeover on the Marilyn Dennis show.

I'm pretty sure after losing 70 lbs or more I should be able to get picked.

I hope. I've never really known how to dress myself.

That sounds like an awesome reward. I hope you get picked, and IF you do, you can thank all of us here. How exciting!

• Susieq_1994
    Options

q8qsovts6khy.jpg

I have, and I'm not even a fan myself. LOL My daughter loves Manga.

Technically, it's anime. ;) Manga are Japanese comic books, not cartoons. :) I only know this because my sister was obsessed with both when we were younger. -_- She also told me the name for KOREAN comic books, which I have forgotten. :p
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    welcome to another episode of post date update! :)

monday -

really nice dude had date number 4!
    very low key, some beverages and a bunch of talking. talked about personal stuffs, like very bonding type of conversations. i really like this guy. i'm trying not to get overly excited, but i think this dude is awesome.

tuesday -

ok, remember the dude from a week ago that i said was extremely effeminate, constantly talked over me, and if he were gay he could totally be my bff? went out with him again, as per many suggestions...first date nerves and whatnot.... exactly the same! perpetually "on," constantly mocked the waitresses (which kinda drives me nuts), and to completely wreck the evening, awkwardly made me pay for EVERYTHING. apparently i "owed" him. i decided to call it a night around 8:30ish (which literally has never happened).

*here is where i potentially destroy everything*

so even in calling it a night at 8:30, i was kinda drunk, and really depressed about the whole evening. so what does my dumb butt do? i text super nice boy all whiney and emo. go over to his place and tell him all about my craptastical night. he's still very sweet and understanding, he makes me coffee and then gives me water. we chat for a while, and eventually call it a night. and the entire time i'm there i'm thinking wth am i doing? this is total self sabotage, i'm ruining everything!

he texted me this morning to make sure i was ok and see if i was feeling better. so yeah, still like the best dude ever. but i'm very worried that i totally wrecked everything. :(

Hopefully he will be understanding. :( Sorry you had a bad night.

@KylerJaye - deep breath and relax. Worrying about it won't do anything. Leave the next move to the good dude. I would suggest putting some "rules of thumb" or boundaries into place for yourself. Just my suggestions (and I have been known to self-sabotage!!) (1) suggested rule of thumb - don't talk to anyone you are dating about anyone else you go on a date with. Would you want to hear about great dude's other dates if there are any? (2) No contacting while drunk. It just works out better that way.

Many hugs to you. I don't think you've ruined anything but if that was enough to scare a dude away then let him go and a better one will come along. REALLY. I love your updates.
    ETA - I see @peleroja and I have opposite advice about contacting dude. Here is the great thing - Just be yourself in this. If it is "you" to contact then do it. If it is not "you" to contact then don't.

While I am completely myself with my SO, because why would I want to be anyone else?, I took my time letting him get to know all my goofiness and quirks. I also let him do 90% of the contacting - and we are 1.5 years into a great relationship. Can I contact him? Of course, anytime and it would not negatively impact the relationship. On the other-hand, I like him making the effort to call me every night and him making *most* of the plans. I throw out suggestions and we usually do them too. However after a long marriage to a man who could not plan his way out of a paperbag I'm loving a man who can and does make the effort to get together with me. When we go somewhere for a weekend I usually pay for breakfast or lunch and he gets dinner. My budget is way less than his yet he loves when I pick up a tab now and then. He buys me a fancy dinner and drinks and I buy him a burger. :wink:

This sounds like my relationship too...I will buy lunch or something but he always pays for dinner and drinks.

I might just be a little too I-am-woman-hear-me-roar on this one, but for my own relationships, I don't think expecting a guy to do 90% of the work is really fair. I've always tried to meet men halfway and participate equally in things like plan-making and dinner-buying. But I think a lot of that is just personality and expectations of how you expect the relationship to continue, you know? My husband and I are really big on the equal-financial-partners, take-turns-paying thing because we have similar incomes and I feel icky about expecting that kind of thing from him because he's a man (on the same note, I said no to an expensive engagement ring because I didn't want him to spending more money on me than I'd be willing to spend on myself...) But...different strokes, right? As long as you both have the same expectations you get to make your own rules.

@peleroja

I don't expect him to pay for everything. And in the beginning, I always offered to make things equal. He does make a little more money than me, but this is more just who he is. He's from a very old school Italian family, and in his family, men just pay for more things. It's not about what I expect him to do.

My fella is Italian too, and it is deeply ingrained in him to do what he does.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I was staining my fence last night (which I HATE doing, FYI) and ended up splashing myself with stain, managing to get a bunch in my armpit somehow. It didn't all come off in the shower, so I have a grey armpit today :blush:

lol! Poor armpit... :p
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So, I'm currently working on the pies for my in-laws. Since I didn't take any last time, is anyone interested in progress shots before I cover them in ganache and whipped cream? ;) By the way, I made them with the tweaked recipe and STILL ended up with way too much filling. Oops. Not enough tweaking!

I vote yes to progress pictures!!

Edit: I also think you and Mr. Susie are super cute :)
  • ShibaEars
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Your rings are gorgeous!

I don't really wear much jewelry. I have a pair of small white gold earrings my parents gave me when I was about 15 that I just leave in all the time. And I have a nose stud that also just stays in all the time. I do LOVE watches though, and have two that I alternate between (except for when I'm using my fitbit).

I love the idea of jewelry and bought a bunch of necklaces when my friend was selling Stella & Dot stuff, but then I forget to put them on. I also love bracelets & rings on other people, but can't stand them on myself. They spin and get in the way and drive me crazy. It's a good thing I'm not engaged or married, because I'm not sure I could keep a ring on for longer than a couple hours!

It took me months to stop taking off my engagement ring all the time. I'm used to it now but it drove me bonkers for a while.

FitBit questions for all of you users: I used to have the One (the clip-on, not the bracelet, until I put it through the washing machine) and I'm thinking about buying another and considering the bracelet this time to reduce the likelihood of another run-in with the machine, but I'm worried about it on my wrist working at the computer etc, both for comfort reasons and wondering if it'll track extra steps. Any opinions on that?

I have the Charge HR. It's on my left arm (non-dominant) and I don't find it gets in the way at all, but watches don't bother me. It does sometimes track extra steps, but I'm assuming all fitbits can do this. I also think it misses the occasional step so I figure it works out in the long run.

The one problem I have with a wrist one is that if I want to wear it, I can't (comfortably) wear my watch. Since I love my watch, I hate having to choose between them.

ETA: I meant I find it can add extra steps in general, although I've never had it add anything because of typing.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So I've decided that my reward when I hit goal weight is I'm going to apply for a makeover on the Marilyn Dennis show.

I'm pretty sure after losing 70 lbs or more I should be able to get picked.

I hope. I've never really known how to dress myself.

That sounds like an awesome reward. I hope you get picked, and IF you do, you can thank all of us here. How exciting!

Cool and fun and on the off chance you don't get picked (of course you will) please find a way to treat yourself to a makeover. What fun!!! I want one too.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

That's happened to me when I've done those colour runs (and the time we just bought the powdered paint to have a big paint fight)! When all the bright colours mix together you end up with a sad greyish stain.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Funny! I hope it comes off soon, that's a tender area to scrub.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Susie's is so different! I like it. We looked into all those unusual metals like titanium for my husband's band but we ended up with meteorite, which some people look down on because "it's just iron"... but it's IRON FROM A SPACE ROCK THAT CRASHED IN THE DESERT and that's super great. Haha.

Hehehe! Super great indeed!