Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 Your rings are gorgeous!

I don't really wear much jewelry. I have a pair of small white gold earrings my parents gave me when I was about 15 that I just leave in all the time. And I have a nose stud that also just stays in all the time. I do LOVE watches though, and have two that I alternate between (except for when I'm using my fitbit).

I love the idea of jewelry and bought a bunch of necklaces when my friend was selling Stella & Dot stuff, but then I forget to put them on. I also love bracelets & rings on other people, but can't stand them on myself. They spin and get in the way and drive me crazy. It's a good thing I'm not engaged or married, because I'm not sure I could keep a ring on for longer than a couple hours!

It took me months to stop taking off my engagement ring all the time. I'm used to it now but it drove me bonkers for a while.

FitBit questions for all of you users: I used to have the One (the clip-on, not the bracelet, until I put it through the washing machine) and I'm thinking about buying another and considering the bracelet this time to reduce the likelihood of another run-in with the machine, but I'm worried about it on my wrist working at the computer etc, both for comfort reasons and wondering if it'll track extra steps. Any opinions on that?

I HATE wearing watches and bracelets when using a computer, but the fitbit has not bothered me at all. I have the Flex. It will track steps for some movements but not generally for typing, it has to be a more dramatic movement than that. Smooth, non abrupt movements do not track. I wear mine non stop. I even wore it in the pool one day and it survived (not sure if it is supposed to be "that" waterproof or not. My Fitbit is the only "jewelry" I wear on most days. (mainly because my wedding ring is too big - it will just fall off, and they want a lot of money to resize it so I am waiting to get to my goal weight)

My watch doesn't bother me at all, but I can't wear a bracelet to work.
    Fitbit may not technically be waterproof, but mine has certainly gone a couple of rounds in the washing machine and lived. :)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    So, I'm currently working on the pies for my in-laws. Since I didn't take any last time, is anyone interested in progress shots before I cover them in ganache and whipped cream? ;) By the way, I made them with the tweaked recipe and STILL ended up with way too much filling. Oops. Not enough tweaking!

Do you think a springform pan might work better since it has deep sides??? Just a suggestion.

Yes, it would, actually, if you were looking to make a deeper pie. But I don't own one. ;) I also think the extremely thick layer of pie filling in a deep dish pie pan or springform pan might make you sick after a few bites, so much smaller slices would be required. And you'd also need more Oreos to line the sides. :)

More oreos would never be a problem!! ;)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me what ''staining your face'' is? I'm confused. I looked it up and I got a bunch of people applying turmeric to their faces. :lol: I feel kinda dumb.
  • saraherren
    saraherren Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    I have such a severe loss of appetite that I have to force myself to eat and am stuck eating only 250-270 calories a day.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Are you sick or depressed? I sometimes have a huge loss of appetite too. Is there any way you can maybe get in more calories via fluids? Perhaps adding some honey or cream to tea or drinking a lot of juice?

I'm neither sick nor depressed. My mom and I think it's mainly because my stomach shrank greatly after losing 80 pounds so I never get hungry. :/ I only drink water. No sodas in well over a year and no Starbucks in almost a year (one year on the 28th!). I don't have diabetes but I don't drink juice because of the sugar level.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

I don't really wear much jewelry. I have a pair of small white gold earrings my parents gave me when I was about 15 that I just leave in all the time. And I have a nose stud that also just stays in all the time. I do LOVE watches though, and have two that I alternate between (except for when I'm using my fitbit).

I love the idea of jewelry and bought a bunch of necklaces when my friend was selling Stella & Dot stuff, but then I forget to put them on. I also love bracelets & rings on other people, but can't stand them on myself. They spin and get in the way and drive me crazy. It's a good thing I'm not engaged or married, because I'm not sure I could keep a ring on for longer than a couple hours!

It took me months to stop taking off my engagement ring all the time. I'm used to it now but it drove me bonkers for a while.

FitBit questions for all of you users: I used to have the One (the clip-on, not the bracelet, until I put it through the washing machine) and I'm thinking about buying another and considering the bracelet this time to reduce the likelihood of another run-in with the machine, but I'm worried about it on my wrist working at the computer etc, both for comfort reasons and wondering if it'll track extra steps. Any opinions on that?

I HATE wearing watches and bracelets when using a computer, but the fitbit has not bothered me at all. I have the Flex. It will track steps for some movements but not generally for typing, it has to be a more dramatic movement than that. Smooth, non abrupt movements do not track. I wear mine non stop. I even wore it in the pool one day and it survived (not sure if it is supposed to be "that" waterproof or not. My Fitbit is the only "jewelry" I wear on most days. (mainly because my wedding ring is too big - it will just fall off, and they want a lot of money to resize it so I am waiting to get to my goal weight)

Fitbit may not technically be waterproof, but mine has certainly gone a couple of rounds in the washing machine and lived. :)

My Fitbit One survived one round, but the second time it went through the dryer too, and I think the heat is actually what fried it rather than the water.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Know what I'm thinking about? Peanut butter pie. :p I wonder if I can buy one somewhere on my way home...
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    I have such a severe loss of appetite that I have to force myself to eat and am stuck eating only 250-270 calories a day.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Are you sick or depressed? I sometimes have a huge loss of appetite too. Is there any way you can maybe get in more calories via fluids? Perhaps adding some honey or cream to tea or drinking a lot of juice?

I'm neither sick nor depressed. My mom and I think it's mainly because my stomach shrank greatly after losing 80 pounds so I never get hungry. :/ I only drink water. No sodas in well over a year and no Starbucks in almost a year (one year on the 28th!). I don't have diabetes but I don't drink juice because of the sugar level.
    One time I couldn't eat much and my doctor gave me Ensure, so maybe you should look into that. It's supposed to be chock full of calories and vitamins.

• rungirl1973
    edited July 2015
    Options

My Fitbit One survived one round, but the second time it went through the dryer too, and I think the heat is actually what fried it rather than the water.

Hmm. Mine went through the dryer both times. I didn't realize it until I went to put the laundry away... Lucky, I guess. I don't plan to find out if the third time will be the charm.
  • peleroja
    edited July 2015
    Options

That is very extreme, though - 270 calories is less than three tablespoons of peanut butter, a medium-sized steak, or even a couple glasses of full-fat milk or certain protein bars (just one.) And it is definitely a pretty serious issue if you're only eating the equivalent of one of those in an entire day. That doesn't sound like a natural decrease in appetite, it sounds like a serious medical issue to me.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me what ''staining your face'' is? I'm confused. I looked it up and I got a bunch of people applying turmeric to their faces. :lol: I feel kinda dumb.

Who said anything about staining faces? O.O I thought @ShibaEars was staining her fence... Not her face! @peleroja totally stained her face though, if you check out the newest picture in the random picture thread... :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Know what I'm thinking about? Peanut butter pie. :p I wonder if I can buy one somewhere on my way home...

I wonder why! ;) TGIF has one on their menu in Bahrain, so maybe you could get some there... But when I ordered it before they were out of stock. *grumpy face*
  • peleroja
    Options

Hmm. Mine went through the dryer both times. I didn't realize it until I went to put the laundry away... Lucky, I guess. I don't plan to find out if the third time will be the charm.

Probably for the best, lol. The Ones don't have as much protecting them as the rubbery bracelets though, and I also blast my dryer on high heat for most things.
  • peleroja
    Options

Who said anything about staining faces? O.O I thought @ShibaEars was staining her fence... Not her face! @peleroja totally stained her face though, if you check out the newest picture in the random picture thread... :p

My shower too, you should have seen it after that party....
  • rungirl1973
    Options

That is very extreme, though - 270 calories is less than three tablespoons of peanut butter, a medium-sized steak, or even a couple glasses of full-fat milk or certain protein bars (just one.) And it is definitely a pretty serious issue if you're only eating the equivalent of one of those in an entire day. That doesn't sound like a natural decrease in appetite, it sounds like a serious medical issue to me.

^^I agree with @peleroja . I would recommend seeing a doctor to try to find out what's going on. I understand your stomach can shrink when you lose weight, but you should be able to eat 270 calories a few times per day.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

:flushed: You are correct!! No idea why I misread that as ''face.'' I was wondering what in the world was going on... some new crazy fad? :lol:
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

If it is not too personal, may I ask what path you took to lose the 80lbs? It is concerning that your intake is so low. Are you maintaining your weight on what you have been taking ing?
  • saraherren
    Options

One time I couldn't eat much and my doctor gave me Ensure, so maybe you should look into that. It's supposed to be chock full of calories and vitamins.

I'm gonna hopefully see a doctor either tomorrow or Friday because I know eating this little is not healthy. I was eating around 700-800 when I was losing weight (reached my goal weight in January). I think a big reason is I'm scared of eating too much and gaining all of the weight back that I lost. There have been only about 7-10 days in the last 6 months (not in a row) where I have eaten plenty of calories.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I went back to make sure I didn't make a typo, but I definitely said "fence" lol. I don't know what "staining your face" means, or why anyone would want to :tongue:
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

:flushed: You are correct!! No idea why I misread that as ''face.'' I was wondering what in the world was going on... some new crazy fad? :lol:

Haha, this cracked me up!!
  • saraherren
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

If it is not too personal, may I ask what path you took to lose the 80lbs? It is concerning that your intake is so low. Are you maintaining your weight on what you have been taking ing?

I lost weight the right way. No fad diets, pills, etc. because those are just scams and don't work long term (however I did watch my carb intake). No fast food or Starbucks (those aren't even 'food' and have way too many unnecessary calories and ingredients). Just real, whole, unprocessed foods. Three meals a day. Even when I was losing weight I never got hungry but forced myself to eat my 3 meals. I've been maintaining my weight since mid-January.