Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Will my stupid body WAKE UP? Argh. I keep dozing off... all it takes sometimes if for me to blink my eyes and my body goes ''Oh goody, time to sleep?'' I need to start taking my B12 again.

In school, starting around 6th grade, I had trouble with falling asleep in class. I didn't want to and struggled like mad to stay awake. It was embarrassing waking up (sometimes with a jolt) and having people stare at me, especially since I am a sleep talker and wondered if I had said something aloud :lol: . Some people try to fall asleep in class and don't care, but I was trying to be a good student :(

EDIT: Come to think of it, I don't think I've beeen eating much iron lately.

Oh, man, B-complex is such a big help for me. I take the sublingual drops and it is seriously such a game-changer. I don't eat a ton of meat so my doctor recommended it a while back after some bloodwork and I feel like I can pretty much bounce out of bed when I'm taking it regularly.
    I haven't heard of this before - is it an over the counter thing? Am wondering if it might give my anemic daughter a boost while we wait for the results of her latest blood test.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Will my stupid body WAKE UP? Argh. I keep dozing off... all it takes sometimes if for me to blink my eyes and my body goes ''Oh goody, time to sleep?'' I need to start taking my B12 again.

In school, starting around 6th grade, I had trouble with falling asleep in class. I didn't want to and struggled like mad to stay awake. It was embarrassing waking up (sometimes with a jolt) and having people stare at me, especially since I am a sleep talker and wondered if I had said something aloud :lol: . Some people try to fall asleep in class and don't care, but I was trying to be a good student :(

Oh, man, B-complex is such a big help for me. I take the sublingual drops and it is seriously such a game-changer. I don't eat a ton of meat so my doctor recommended it a while back after some bloodwork and I feel like I can pretty much bounce out of bed when I'm taking it regularly.
    I haven't heard of this before - is it an over the counter thing? Am wondering if it might give my anemic daughter a boost while we wait for the results of her latest blood test.

Not even over-the-counter, just on the shelves with all the tablet-type vitamins. My doctor says the sublingual ones are best for absorption. B-vitamins are pretty hard to build up toxicity with as excess is mostly excreted in urine, so they're pretty safe as supplements go, but I think it's a really good idea to check with her doctor first to clear her for possible interactions etc.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Not even over-the-counter, just on the shelves with all the tablet-type vitamins. My doctor says the sublingual ones are best for absorption. B-vitamins are pretty hard to build up toxicity with as excess is mostly excreted in urine, so they're pretty safe as supplements go, but I think it's a really good idea to check with her doctor first to clear her for possible interactions etc.
    Thanks for the info. I'll look into that.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Having now read Britney Spears' shopping lists, I'm feeling a bit better about my recent dietary choices (not to mention my ability to spell)
    (Usual Jezebel swearage warning)
    http://jezebel.com/britney-spears-grocery-shops-like-a-teen-whose-parents-1717959953
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Know what I'm thinking about? Peanut butter pie. :p I wonder if I can buy one somewhere on my way home...

I know, right?? I'm becoming fixated on the magical pie that @Susieq_1994 has created. I see the pictures of the chocolate and peanut butter pie in my daydreams. I need it. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have been sleeping terribly for the past two nights. Getting out of bed thinking that I have to do something or save someone (the yoga woman from Orange is the New Black for some reason), sitting up straight staring at the wall while still half dreaming, moving around and waking up every thirty minutes. I feel so tired. To top it off, my feet and legs are acting up (I have restless leg syndrome like almost every woman on my mom's side...). It's not too bad right now, but it's enough to make it difficult for me to fall back asleep. Hoping I can get a nap in today.

May I join you in the freaky dreamers' club?

Last night I dreamt that people kept falling off the edges of things and just landing head first below. I kept warning them this was likely to happen if they went up there, but they ignored me. Horrific! It does show I'm a know-all, even in my dreams.

I had a horrible dream last night too!! I dreamnt that my gums were coming loose from my teeth and peeling and I could pull on some gums and they'd break away from my teeth and leave these huge gaping holes. I have no idea why and it was awful!

Aren't you getting your first filling soon? I bet it was related to that. Don't worry, it will be fiiiiine!

Yes on Monday!! :( thanks though I'm just being a huge baby haha
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession: I'm pretty sure I've eaten my weight in watermelon over the last few days.

I bought a personal watermelon at the store last night. I asked Mr. Mo since it is called a personal watermelon, does that means it's enough for one person. He said he thought so. I said, "Challenge accepted!"

You crack me up. End of story. :)
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    So, we just booked a family vacation for next week! Eeeee!

We were planning a road trip, but when we did the math (2 x hotel rooms for 7 nights, gas, food, entertainment/shopping for 5 people) we figured it would probably actually cost less to fly somewhere, so we're heading down Mexico way instead.

Am now seriously back on the wagon, because an all-inclusive week will not be good news for my weight. Good news is my bikini bottoms from my March trip are now too big and I was able to get a size smaller to match the top, which still fits ok. Bad news is I went shopping for a little sundress or something to wear to and from the beach but bought a pair of beige suede kitten-heeled ankle boots instead.
  • Tubbs216
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Duplicate!
  • Tubbs216
    edited July 2015
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Know what I'm thinking about? Peanut butter pie. :p I wonder if I can buy one somewhere on my way home...

I know, right?? I'm becoming fixated on the magical pie that @Susieq_1994 has created. I see the pictures of the chocolate and peanut butter pie in my daydreams. I need it. :)

Me too!
    lqcdk7hdm62g.gif
    Gifs don't work any more..? :/
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I bought a children's duck-down vest at Costco last night because it was made of real down but $20. $20! Luckily I'm hobbit-sized and can make that stuff fit (at least with athletic wear, which generally doesn't look so obviously from the kids' section) because it's so much cheaper than adult clothes. So yeah, I wear kids' clothes....

I'm far from hobbit-sized (I'm 5'9) but I own quite a few kids' XXL clothes from the Gap because a) they're something where length didn't matter b) they were cute and on sale dirt cheap and c) kids' clothing is exempt from sales tax here -- double win. Including... drum roll please... a down vest!

Oh, wait. My bust probably qualifies as hobbit-sized. :|

Oddly, mine does not (I wear a 28H in American sizes) but because my frame is small underneath them (ribcage/shoulders) they still fit in kids' tops by some weird alchemy.

I've never been able to figure out who women's clothing is actually cut for, because it's certainly not people like me, but then bigger and or/taller women (even my tall slim friends who would seem to have a body like a runway model) say nothing fits them either. So who is this stuff for (and who is the child that my girls' shirts were intended for, for that matter)?

My heavens, where on earth do you find bras that size??? I thought it was a challenge getting 32C but I will never complain again... I can still find a few here and there.

And I have NO idea what the "average" woman that is supposed to fit these clothes looks like... I always assumed she was just shorter than me and blamed the poor fit on my length... like the waistline of dresses ending up around my ribs, midway between waist and bust, or rises that are too short.

I agree with both of you. Whenever I buy clothes for work the pants are either way too long so they drag on the ground and I have to get them altered or I try to buy the "short" size and they are too short. :|

How tall are you?? This is me, too...I'm 5'7.5"...the cutoff for tall is usually like 5'8"...talls are too long for me and regulars are too short. I always have to buy talls and have them altered.

5'8" here. Regular pants are always too short (and dresses).

Tall pants either fit well or drag the floor and can't be worn. The smaller sizes (in Tall) tend to be the proper length more frequently than the double digit sizes I used to wear. I feel for women who are really tall and thin if the Tall length fits me.

All you ladies who have blonde hair and rarely shave- cherish it! I shave almost every other day and I wax everything else!

Also I'm little at 5'2" so I can never find anything that fits properly, pretty much always had to have my jeans tailored before skinny pants came into style!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @Glinda1971 I LOVE LOVE LOVE your wedding ring and band set!! So unique! <3
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Confession: I bought a children's duck-down vest at Costco last night because it was made of real down but $20. $20! Luckily I'm hobbit-sized and can make that stuff fit (at least with athletic wear, which generally doesn't look so obviously from the kids' section) because it's so much cheaper than adult clothes. So yeah, I wear kids' clothes....

I'm far from hobbit-sized (I'm 5'9) but I own quite a few kids' XXL clothes from the Gap because a) they're something where length didn't matter b) they were cute and on sale dirt cheap and c) kids' clothing is exempt from sales tax here -- double win. Including... drum roll please... a down vest!

Oddly, mine does not (I wear a 28H in American sizes) but because my frame is small underneath them (ribcage/shoulders) they still fit in kids' tops by some weird alchemy.

I've never been able to figure out who women's clothing is actually cut for, because it's certainly not people like me, but then bigger and or/taller women (even my tall slim friends who would seem to have a body like a runway model) say nothing fits them either. So who is this stuff for (and who is the child that my girls' shirts were intended for, for that matter)?

My heavens, where on earth do you find bras that size??? I thought it was a challenge getting 32C but I will never complain again... I can still find a few here and there.

And I have NO idea what the "average" woman that is supposed to fit these clothes looks like... I always assumed she was just shorter than me and blamed the poor fit on my length... like the waistline of dresses ending up around my ribs, midway between waist and bust, or rises that are too short.

I agree with both of you. Whenever I buy clothes for work the pants are either way too long so they drag on the ground and I have to get them altered or I try to buy the "short" size and they are too short. :|

How tall are you?? This is me, too...I'm 5'7.5"...the cutoff for tall is usually like 5'8"...talls are too long for me and regulars are too short. I always have to buy talls and have them altered.

Tall pants either fit well or drag the floor and can't be worn. The smaller sizes (in Tall) tend to be the proper length more frequently than the double digit sizes I used to wear. I feel for women who are really tall and thin if the Tall length fits me.

All you ladies who have blonde hair and rarely shave- cherish it! I shave almost every other day and I wax everything else!

Also I'm little at 5'2" so I can never find anything that fits properly, pretty much always had to have my jeans tailored before skinny pants came into style!
    Oh, me too! Glad I'm not the only hairy monkey in the house. (Sorry, I know that's rude, but a waxer once called my best friend a hairy monkey, so it kind of stuck with us!)
    My husband says it's like going to bed with the spiky side of Velcro when I haven't shaved!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 your new profile picture is adorable your son is so sweet!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @peleroja I'd really get a kick out of seeing your husband do a Beyoncé dance! Haha
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Confession: My husband is really, really bad with names. When referring to this thread and mentioning various people, he (we?) have coined various terms to help him keep track of who I'm talking about. A few of these are:

- The horse lady (@pofoster21)
    - The llama lady (@ythannah)
    - The friendly lady (@LBuehrle8)
    - The cookie-face lady (@spamarie)
    - The Dr. Elmo lady (obviously @nonoelmo)
    - The Mo lady (@MoHousdon)

... Among others. Don't blame me for your new names though... I swear they're his fault! :p

I would 100% agree with this! Laura ALWAYS has something nice to say. And can I say, I hope when and IF you reference The Mo lady, it's in good terms. :#

Also, I am not a fan of peanut butter in desserts usually (aside from a Reese's PB cup or a peanut butter hot fudge shake from Sonic) but your pie looks delicious and I would hoard calories to eat some.

Aw thanks Mo!! <3
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @kylerjaye sounds like good dude is a GREAT dude!! Maybe even super great!! Thanks for updating us in your dating escapades!

I'd completely be turned off too if some guy felt like I "owed" him- what a douche nozzle!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Confession: My husband is really, really bad with names. When referring to this thread and mentioning various people, he (we?) have coined various terms to help him keep track of who I'm talking about. A few of these are:

- The horse lady (@pofoster21)
    - The llama lady (@ythannah)
    - The friendly lady (@LBuehrle8)
    - The cookie-face lady (@spamarie)
    - The Dr. Elmo lady (obviously @nonoelmo)
    - The Mo lady (@MoHousdon)

... Among others. Don't blame me for your new names though... I swear they're his fault! :p

I would 100% agree with this! Laura ALWAYS has something nice to say. And can I say, I hope when and IF you reference The Mo lady, it's in good terms. :#

Also, I am not a fan of peanut butter in desserts usually (aside from a Reese's PB cup or a peanut butter hot fudge shake from Sonic) but your pie looks delicious and I would hoard calories to eat some.

Thank you! It does taste rather Reeses-like, especially with the partly-solidified ganache on top of it. :) We had a piece each today, and it tasted twice as good as yesterday! That should teach me to be more patient...

He based his nickname off of the picture she was using at that time (Face shot, big friendly smile...) and I told him that her face matched her personality because she's a total sweetheart. :)

Well, we definitely never referenced the Mo lady in a negative way, so be reassured! ;) Mostly in neutral terms and when talking about your evil, bratty stepdaughter... I guess that does count as a negative, though? :p

Oh goodness thank you @susieq_1994!! Y'all are really making my day! :) haha means a lot though really I love you guys!
  • LBuehrle8
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I adore your wedding band it's beautiful!

@ShibaEars your watch is awesome! I love a pretty watch!

Eta: can't spell! What's new though :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Oh, me too! Glad I'm not the only hairy monkey in the house. (Sorry, I know that's rude, but a waxer once called my best friend a hairy monkey, so it kind of stuck with us!)
    My husband says it's like going to bed with the spiky side of Velcro when I haven't shaved!

Hairy monkey here, too! *raises hand* I'm way lazy when it comes to shaving, and my husband doesn't care--he's always said that he doesn't see why women are expected to shave/wear make up/do hair removal and eyebrow plucking/etc., so he really doesn't care one way or another whether I look like a gorilla... ;) As he put it, as long as areas that need to be shaved for hygiene reasons are shaved, legs and arms and such can be as hairy as can be. :p