Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I have a bit more than that. Some bracelets, rings and watches that didn't fit in the organizer.

I love bracelets, but like everyone else, hate wearing them at work.

You, I like. I have TWO of these organizers hanging in my closet. I tend to only wear earrings though, although I wear them without fail every day!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @ythannah parchment paper and microwave the banana boat 30-45 seconds and don't eat it until the sugar cools a little. (Who, me? Blister my tongue? ) OR do it on a gas grill the next time you cook out at home. Bonus idea: strawberries and walnut pieces added after you melt the marshmallow and chocolate
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So, I'm currently working on the pies for my in-laws. Since I didn't take any last time, is anyone interested in progress shots before I cover them in ganache and whipped cream? ;) By the way, I made them with the tweaked recipe and STILL ended up with way too much filling. Oops. Not enough tweaking!

There is no.such thing as too much pie filling!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    I have such a severe loss of appetite that I have to force myself to eat and am stuck eating only 250-270 calories a day.

Have you been to a doctor? And drink a milkshake if you can't do anything else. You don't have to want it, either. It got my grandmother through chemo...
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @ythannah parchment paper and microwave the banana boat 30-45 seconds and don't eat it until the sugar cools a little. (Who, me? Blister my tongue? ) OR do it on a gas grill the next time you cook out at home. Bonus idea: strawberries and walnut pieces added after you melt the marshmallow and chocolate

Omg, I might need this. Soon!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I did some reading on prepping for the trekking we're doing in Peru suggesting that climbing stairs is going to be the best conditioning when we can't actually get out to the mountains, so it's my new plan for the next month and a half. You can apparently count each step as a foot elevation gain as a ballpark to gauge your fitness, so in my apartment building I'd have to climb 133 floors to equal about 2000 ft of elevation gain.

I ran the stairwell yesterday but I only managed forty floors of climbing (bottom to top and back down twice, basically) before my left leg started twitching like mad, so I've got a lot of room to improve. But I'm reminding myself that 2000ft of elevation gain on the actual hike is over a few hours and I did those 40 floors in like twenty minutes (and at a sort-of-run), so I'm feeling pretty confident that I can get there.

This works. A friend of mine did it before a trip to her family home in Italy. Apparently the whole town is on the side of a mountain and stairs are the fastest way around. She said she'd have died if someone hadn't warned her...
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Sorry that the pictures from my phone post so big btw.

@TigerNY128 I made myself downsize to just one organizer. Plus I have a few random jewelry boxes as well. My organizer hangs on the wall in my bedroom. I just have to stop rushing getting ready in the morning so I can start wearing it all again.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options

Thanks for the microwave instructions!

I may be the only person who has never owned an outdoor grill. I never cook meat for myself and it doesn't seemed worthwhile for just doing veggies. And, to be honest, I'm a little nervous about the safety of a propane tank... not in general, with regard to me, since I can be lax about maintenance stuff at times.

And, yes, I've scorched my mouth on microwaved food way too often!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I bought a children's duck-down vest at Costco last night because it was made of real down but $20. $20! Luckily I'm hobbit-sized and can make that stuff fit (at least with athletic wear, which generally doesn't look so obviously from the kids' section) because it's so much cheaper than adult clothes. So yeah, I wear kids' clothes....

I'm far from hobbit-sized (I'm 5'9) but I own quite a few kids' XXL clothes from the Gap because a) they're something where length didn't matter b) they were cute and on sale dirt cheap and c) kids' clothing is exempt from sales tax here -- double win. Including... drum roll please... a down vest!

Oh, wait. My bust probably qualifies as hobbit-sized. :|

Oddly, mine does not (I wear a 28H in American sizes) but because my frame is small underneath them (ribcage/shoulders) they still fit in kids' tops by some weird alchemy.

I've never been able to figure out who women's clothing is actually cut for, because it's certainly not people like me, but then bigger and or/taller women (even my tall slim friends who would seem to have a body like a runway model) say nothing fits them either. So who is this stuff for (and who is the child that my girls' shirts were intended for, for that matter)?

My heavens, where on earth do you find bras that size??? I thought it was a challenge getting 32C but I will never complain again... I can still find a few here and there.

And I have NO idea what the "average" woman that is supposed to fit these clothes looks like... I always assumed she was just shorter than me and blamed the poor fit on my length... like the waistline of dresses ending up around my ribs, midway between waist and bust, or rises that are too short.

I agree with both of you. Whenever I buy clothes for work the pants are either way too long so they drag on the ground and I have to get them altered or I try to buy the "short" size and they are too short. :|

How tall are you?? This is me, too...I'm 5'7.5"...the cutoff for tall is usually like 5'8"...talls are too long for me and regulars are too short. I always have to buy talls and have them altered.

I'm 5'6 so pretty close to you. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    In general regarding peanut butter pie : try using ginger snaps to make the crust. (No ganache, I am not thinking ginger and chocolate would be good. But maybe white chocolate?) Also, for extra filling: put cupcake liners in a muffin pan, put a round cookie - Oreo, vanilla wafers, ginger snap or shortbread - in the bottom, add topping, freeze, remove from muffin pan. These store in a freezer bag for 30 days and there's portion control.

@raelynnsmama52512 - live and learn, put it in your notebook. Mom tip: carry a fleece blanket with you, folded to fit her from head to foot. At the start of a meltdown, wrap her in it as tightly as possible. This will help her figure out where she ends and the stimuli starts. I swear it works. My 18 yo still uses this trick by putting his back against a wall.and trying to push himself into it.

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I love Batman's The Joker and Harley Quinn, so I'm looking forward to the Suicide Squad movie. The trailer just came out and I'm really loving the look of Harley!! However, what in the world is going on with this new Joker? He looks... ridiculous. I'm trying not to be too judgemental, because people were angry over Heath Ledger's Joker before The Dark Knight came out, and he turned out to be amazing.

i am giddy excited for suicide squad!
    i like the way jared leto looks, the only things that bother me are the "damaged" tattoo on his forehead and that gold grill. but i still think the movie is going to be fantastic B)
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    @froggyBug Banana Canoes are banana with a slice cut out of them length wise, you stuff it with marshmallows and chocolate chips. Then you wrap them in tin foil and put them in the coals of the campfire, super gooey deliciousness! Not sure if they have a different name or not elsewhere... >.>

Thanks, that sounds pretty good!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I'm going camping this weekend too and I just might have to try a banana boat/canoe. Thanks @MissKalhan!!!

I was trying to not have any "off the rails" days until my bday next month. (Who am I kidding, I already blew that) but I'm thinking this weekend will not even be in the vicinity of the rails. Oh well, my goal is to at least log it all :)

I'm have so much to do to get ready to leave tomorrow, finish packing, grocery shopping, etc and I have almost no work on my desk today. I wish I could leave early so I could get stuff done. I get so stressed before we go on trips, sometimes I wish my husband would be a little more responsible. That sounded like a confession... ;)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    So, I stopped at the Nice n Easy last night on my way home to get milk and guess what was in the refrigerator case by the register? Individual slices of Reeses peanut butter cup pie. B)

I won't lie, it was good, but probably not as good as @Susieq_1994's homemade version. ;)

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok all caught up!

Thank you all for the well wishes! I had an awesome race! It's been raining non stop in Indiana and was misty, grey and rainy the two days we have been here. But today the one day of the race it was sunny and beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

So blow by blow (those not interested please ignore):

First amazingly I forgot nothing! I usually end up forgetting some vital piece of equipment and having to buy it. I had everything I needed for the race (we'll ignore that I forgot enough socks, underwear and warmer clothing for day to day and had to go shopping for those...)

We were a bit late and parking was a mess. We got in on time though and then they pushed back the start 15 min so I had plenty of time to go to the bathroom ( a porta potty...sorry @MoHousdon ) and pull on my wetsuit and drink my last minute energy drinks before heading down for my wave. Ladies 45-49 went off about 7:30.

Swim: the water was gorgeous. It's a reservoir so nice and flat. The water was 72 degrees so wetsuit legal. I don't like wearing a wetsuit as I usually find it constricting but it provides some flotation advantages and speed advantages so is worth it. The water felt plenty warm so that was good.

I normally utterly panic at the start of every swim as you are crowded in with all these people and I am not a great swimmer. Normally I would have about 5 min of utter panic and thinking of getting back out before I calm down and start swimming. No problem today! I just put my head down and went. I found a spot in the chaos pretty quickly and settled into a really good (albeit slow) pace. The next big issue is often sighting. I usually have trouble finding the buoys to keep them in sight and not veer too far off course and add distance today I swam dead on. The trip back was hard as the sun was directly in my eyes but I just tried to follow the swimmers in front of me and stayed pretty on course. I didn't get beat up too bad by the swimmers coming up behind either which is a good thing. Because I am really slow the waves behind me always catch me and if they are age grouper men especially the 35-45 groups they are so obnoxious and will swim right over you, push you aside, etc. Anonymity in the water often breeds bad behavior. It can be scary. This is the worst part for newbies to get used to (it was really scary for me in the beginning of doing triathlon). Made it out in 52 min feeling great. And only a few minutes off my usual trained time.

Took my time in transition. Went to the bathroom. Ate a clif bar. Changed into biking gear and off I went. Bike was equally slow. It's my least liked leg but I chose this race for the "flat" course and flat it was! It was 2 loops and the scenery was beautiful and the weather perfect. I was again incredibly slow and most of the field passed me but hey, I was doing it and not hating every moment so a win all around. My hips and legs were killing me and I composed a lot of status updates in my head to you guys and thought about how cool this thread is and how great it is we have all found each other, etc. it took 3.5 hours so a lot of time to think!

So came in off the bike. My friend got me coming in so when she sends me these pictures I'll share them all in all stages (ugly wetsuit and all!) when I get them. Took my time in transition again and then headed out on run. I was sure I wouldn't be able to run at all after how bad my legs hurt after the bike but amazingly I felt GREAT! I kept thinking I was going to crash and burn so played it safe and ran slowly in the beginning to feel myself out. But rather than falling apart I got stronger and stronger. The time flew, I was passing a ton of women in my age group who blew past me on the bike and each mile improved. By the end I was doing sub 9 min miles and I finished in 2:07 which was amazing with little training and time spent running. I was thrilled. I did walk all water stops and got water and Gatorade and coke but otherwise I ran everything and never felt like I couldn't do it.

I haven't checked my final time or standing in my age group but I don't care. It was probably just under 7 hours, but I was thrilled. With zero training it could have been a disaster. Plus I mentally was in it the whole day and happy, never miserable or wishing I had not done it. So glad I came and plan on getting myself back on track with this training!

My friend was amazing and such a great support team. It's so good to have great friends and composing updates to you guys really kept me going. Thanks again for the well wishes and good lucks!

Sorry for the long post...

I really enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing and I know I'm STILL behind, but I'm getting closer and closer each day.

First bolded: I had to use a porta-potty on Daytona Beach. It was clean and didn't smell. I was thrilled because I had a drank a small OJ from McDonald's AND a 22 oz. bottle of water and was in the car for close to 3 hours with no potty breaks.

Second bolded: I too am SO glad for this thread and the fantastic people that are in it. You're all so incredibly wonderful and I totally feel like we're all friends and would be too in real life. I'm 1000% jealous of all you that have met up, or are making plans to meet up in the near future. Maybe someday I will be able to join you.

ETA: Killer job on your race, @pofoster21 !!!

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Raelynn update:
    I finally spoke with the preschool director for the district this morning. She is going to talk to the school psychologist and see what she would like to do as far as evaluations and options. She also wants Raelynn to have a speech evaluation as her SPD can (and does) affect how she comprehends and communicates to an extent. She did mention that there is a 3K option we could try, but it is for severely delayed and autistic children. After discussing Raelynn's specific delays and issues was when she decided to get the psychologist involved, so I don't exactly know how that is going to pan out. She did mention possibly doing an individualized plan as well, just depending on what the psychologist thinks.

Since we've started her on the melatonin she's begun waking up around 5-6am after not going to sleep until around 8:30-9pm, granted she's not waking up at night, but still concerning since that's 8-9 hours of sleep for her, as opposed to the (iirc) 12-15 she's supposed to be getting. We're going to hang on and see if it's just her body adjusting or if we need to try something else.

The tea party at Barnes and noble didn't go well. She completely freaked out when it came time to sit down for story time and wouldn't go near the other kids, as in completely frozen and stuttering "I don't, I want, mommy, mommy,!" She wound up sitting nearby in my lap but she still wouldn't interact or go near other kids. After the story, there was a craft and we could buy snacks if we wanted. She ran to the back of a table, trying to keep away from everyone, but it was such a small space that she couldn't distance herself. Of course at this time, the director calls me, so I'm trying to help Raelynn with her craft and talk with the director at the same time. Halfway through, Raelynn bolts out from the table, grabs my hand, and says "Mommy, I can't do this" and starts running towards the other end of the store. She literally ran away from the craft area and stayed over in the toy section away from everyone else. If anything could have shattered my heart and made me feel like a horrible person, it was that. I spent the rest of my conversation with the director fighting back tears, it just breaks my heart seeing her struggle like this, and I feel guilty for taking her to that. I feel like I should have known better.

My husband broke down when I talked to him about today and my talk with the director. She's fighting a battle that she can't understand, and it kills us to see it knowing there's not much we can do. :cry:

(I feel like I shouldn't be complaining, since I know it could be so much worse, but it's so heartbreaking to see my baby girl struggle everyday!)

So, so sorry you and your sweet girl are going through this. Thoughts and prayers are being sent your way.

I'm going to echo this.

I can't imagine how hard that is for you both and I completely understand feeling like you should have known better but really, you had no way of knowing how she would react and you thought you were taking her somewhere she would enjoy. I know my daughter has had reactions we didn't expect to certain places, situations. I think all kids do. You're doing your best and your best is seriously great, super great even.
  • FroggyBug
    Options

nonoelmo wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    welcome to another episode of post date update! :)

monday -

really nice dude had date number 4!
    very low key, some beverages and a bunch of talking. talked about personal stuffs, like very bonding type of conversations. i really like this guy. i'm trying not to get overly excited, but i think this dude is awesome.

tuesday -

ok, remember the dude from a week ago that i said was extremely effeminate, constantly talked over me, and if he were gay he could totally be my bff? went out with him again, as per many suggestions...first date nerves and whatnot.... exactly the same! perpetually "on," constantly mocked the waitresses (which kinda drives me nuts), and to completely wreck the evening, awkwardly made me pay for EVERYTHING. apparently i "owed" him. i decided to call it a night around 8:30ish (which literally has never happened).

*here is where i potentially destroy everything*

so even in calling it a night at 8:30, i was kinda drunk, and really depressed about the whole evening. so what does my dumb butt do? i text super nice boy all whiney and emo. go over to his place and tell him all about my craptastical night. he's still very sweet and understanding, he makes me coffee and then gives me water. we chat for a while, and eventually call it a night. and the entire time i'm there i'm thinking wth am i doing? this is total self sabotage, i'm ruining everything!

he texted me this morning to make sure i was ok and see if i was feeling better. so yeah, still like the best dude ever. but i'm very worried that i totally wrecked everything. :(

Hopefully he will be understanding. :( Sorry you had a bad night.

@KylerJaye - deep breath and relax. Worrying about it won't do anything. Leave the next move to the good dude. I would suggest putting some "rules of thumb" or boundaries into place for yourself. Just my suggestions (and I have been known to self-sabotage!!) (1) suggested rule of thumb - don't talk to anyone you are dating about anyone else you go on a date with. Would you want to hear about great dude's other dates if there are any? (2) No contacting while drunk. It just works out better that way.

Many hugs to you. I don't think you've ruined anything but if that was enough to scare a dude away then let him go and a better one will come along. REALLY. I love your updates.
    ETA - I see @peleroja and I have opposite advice about contacting dude. Here is the great thing - Just be yourself in this. If it is "you" to contact then do it. If it is not "you" to contact then don't.

While I am completely myself with my SO, because why would I want to be anyone else?, I took my time letting him get to know all my goofiness and quirks. I also let him do 90% of the contacting - and we are 1.5 years into a great relationship. Can I contact him? Of course, anytime and it would not negatively impact the relationship. On the other-hand, I like him making the effort to call me every night and him making *most* of the plans. I throw out suggestions and we usually do them too. However after a long marriage to a man who could not plan his way out of a paperbag I'm loving a man who can and does make the effort to get together with me. When we go somewhere for a weekend I usually pay for breakfast or lunch and he gets dinner. My budget is way less than his yet he loves when I pick up a tab now and then. He buys me a fancy dinner and drinks and I buy him a burger. :wink:

This sounds like my relationship too...I will buy lunch or something but he always pays for dinner and drinks.

I might just be a little too I-am-woman-hear-me-roar on this one, but for my own relationships, I don't think expecting a guy to do 90% of the work is really fair. I've always tried to meet men halfway and participate equally in things like plan-making and dinner-buying. But I think a lot of that is just personality and expectations of how you expect the relationship to continue, you know? My husband and I are really big on the equal-financial-partners, take-turns-paying thing because we have similar incomes and I feel icky about expecting that kind of thing from him because he's a man (on the same note, I said no to an expensive engagement ring because I didn't want him to spending more money on me than I'd be willing to spend on myself...) But...different strokes, right? As long as you both have the same expectations you get to make your own rules.

Yep, this is/was me, too. I was split things at first, and then took turns buying once we were together. I get pretty feisty about expected gender roles, but hey whatever works for you, works for you.

@Glinda1971 Ditto on the rings! My band was $100 at a pawn shop :) (we also had a courtroom wedding - we're not especially romantic).

6h7nt2a8oau3.jpg

I don't wear diamonds for several reasons, so I chose an untreated aquamarine (his birthstone) from Etsy. Was under $200 and the wedding band under $50 as they're both silver, not white gold (didn't want to have to deal with replating and stuff.) I'm not a big jewelry girl in general though - I have two pairs of earrings (silver hoops and some black pearls) and two pendants (both just Swarowski) that I wear regularly and that's it. I'm a cheap date ;)

I'm a cheap wife. ;) I hate fancy jewelry, fancy clothes, name brand purses, etc. I can't stand the lot of them, and I hate spending money on anything that I feel is impractical or silly (I fully admit that I place all kinds of precious stones and jewelry in this category. I may not actually be female...). I don't care to own more than one pair of hardy, functional shoes, and I buy generic clothing/purses only when my old ones are so worn out that I look raggedy. I still wear t-shirts that I owned when I was twelve, and they were hand-me-downs back then!

As for wedding rings, our wedding rings are made of titanium, because we wanted something really unique and I didn't want gold. We bought matching patterns and had the inside engraved with special messages. :) These are our rings:

I LOVE those rings. They are so unique and beautiful. :)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I wee in the shower.

Doesn't everyone?!

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I wee in the shower.

Doesn't everyone?!
    Keep reading. Apparently not :|
    (I do, frequently!)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    So, family pizza party today. I was ready for it. I can eat one slice of pizza. I can drink water. There is usually lots of fruit for the kids - I can have some instead of desert.

SURPRISE!

It was a surprise party for my birthday and all hope of staying within my calories went out the window.

I know I'm late, but how awesome, and I hope you had a GREAT day! Happy belated birthday!