Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone! ❤️
    I really appreciate you guys listening to me vent and talk, I don't get that opportunity much. I haven't even mentioned anything that I've found out to the family yet, because I know what comes next, and I don't think I can handle their condescending remarks and snide comments right now.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate you guys listening to me vent and talk, I don't get that opportunity much. I haven't even mentioned anything that I've found out to the family yet, because I know what comes next, and I don't think I can handle their condescending remarks and snide comments right now.

That stinks that your family isn't more supportive, you could really use that. You can always talk here!!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Normally I'm all about the sweets but I have to confess that I'm just not into peanut butter flavoured things.

Although I like peanut butter itself and Reese's peanut butter anything (except the ice cream), I've always hated peanut butter cookies and don't eat anything else made with peanut butter, even *gasp* cheesecake... and cheesecake has to be one of my most favourite things ever.
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Second bolded: I too am SO glad for this thread and the fantastic people that are in it. You're all so incredibly wonderful and I totally feel like we're all friends and would be too in real life. I'm 1000% jealous of all you that have met up, or are making plans to meet up in the near future. Maybe someday I will be able to join you.

Well said. Ditto.

I loooove peanut butter. I never used to care, but because my husband is severely allergic, I only get to eat peanut stuff when I go away overnight without him or he goes without me. I'm afraid to eat it and then see him right away, even if I brush my teeth and wash my hands and stuff, because it's such a bad allergy. So now I eat ALL the peanut butter whenever I actually can. I have a picture of me (used it for my FitBit profile) that I took in the car on the way to a camping trip without him where I am eating from a jar of peanut butter using the foil seal as a spoon. No shame. I carried that jar around all weekend in a neon fanny pack (sorry Brits, "bum bag").

Haha fanny pack. I snigger every time.
  • ambitiousclaire
    ambitiousclaire Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm not suppose to eat any bread or eat out but for the past 2 weeks (1 time each week) I have visited Panera Bread (I love this place) and I've had bread and green tea :s
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a lot of jelly beans lately. It's not something I'm usually even slightly bothered about. At first I was pretending it eased the morning sickness, but that stage has now passed (and it was never really true, potato-based foods are the cure for morning sickness!). I think I've just become addicted to cheap supermarket own-brand jelly beans.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    confession: for some reason my fitbit didn't sync my steps from yesterday and this makes me irrationally angry.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options

Really? That's horrible... you need all the support and cheerleaders you can get while you fight the bureaucracy to get the services your daughter needs... and the earlier the better.

I know I'm in a different country with different health care and educational systems but things probably work much the same in that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. So stand firm and be your daughter's strongest advocate.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

That stinks that your family isn't more supportive, you could really use that. You can always talk here!!

It's okay. I'm kinda used to it, we're sort of the outcasts of the family, so it's not like we're going to get much love anyway. It's usually that we're overreacting, she's just a bad kid, or it's our fault because we don't "expose" her enough, and (my favorite) we don't discipline (aka spank) her enough and that's why she's the way she is. Everyone wants to ignore the multiple doctors that have said explicitly that something is wrong, and blame us for her problems. I've dealt with a lot of bs from his family over the years, and nothing short of us ending our marriage (which is NOT happening!) is going to ever make it better. So, I just try to ignore it and move on.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

It's okay. I'm kinda used to it, we're sort of the outcasts of the family, so it's not like we're going to get much love anyway. It's usually that we're overreacting, she's just a bad kid, or it's our fault because we don't "expose" her enough, and (my favorite) we don't discipline (aka spank) her enough and that's why she's the way she is. Everyone wants to ignore the multiple doctors that have said explicitly that something is wrong, and blame us for her problems. I've dealt with a lot of bs from his family over the years, and nothing short of us ending our marriage (which is NOT happening!) is going to ever make it better. So, I just try to ignore it and move on.

wow, that is sad and terrible.
    you need love and support not ignorance and blame.
    *hugs*
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: for some reason my fitbit didn't sync my steps from yesterday and this makes me irrationally angry.
    No, that is justifiable, righteous anger!
    pscy4es5sd2j.jpg
  • Zia209
    Zia209 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Zia209 wrote: »
    I have to eat in while driving. I do not know when this started, but I feel like I need a cookie in my hand as soon as I get in the car. I no longer allow food in the car and everything goes into the trunk.

That is how you stop yourself from eating there. I usually have to have something to drink while I am in the car. The only time I really feel like I need food too is if it is a long road trip.

Yes, the trunk has become my new best friend. All food and drink is stored in there until I can sit down and enjoy every bite. Mindless eating is where the calorie bombs start coming into play.

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Normally I'm all about the sweets but I have to confess that I'm just not into peanut butter flavoured things.

Although I like peanut butter itself and Reese's peanut butter anything (except the ice cream), I've always hated peanut butter cookies and don't eat anything else made with peanut butter, even *gasp* cheesecake... and cheesecake has to be one of my most favourite things ever.

Second bolded: I too am SO glad for this thread and the fantastic people that are in it. You're all so incredibly wonderful and I totally feel like we're all friends and would be too in real life. I'm 1000% jealous of all you that have met up, or are making plans to meet up in the near future. Maybe someday I will be able to join you.

Well said. Ditto.

I loooove peanut butter. I never used to care, but because my husband is severely allergic, I only get to eat peanut stuff when I go away overnight without him or he goes without me. I'm afraid to eat it and then see him right away, even if I brush my teeth and wash my hands and stuff, because it's such a bad allergy. So now I eat ALL the peanut butter whenever I actually can. I have a picture of me (used it for my FitBit profile) that I took in the car on the way to a camping trip without him where I am eating from a jar of peanut butter using the foil seal as a spoon. No shame. I carried that jar around all weekend in a neon fanny pack (sorry Brits, "bum bag").

You are my favorite person. I have an unhealthy obsession with nut butters (peanut, cashew, macadamia, almond). I usually make my own, but I will bust out some Jif in a second. I have to hide a jar or I will walk around eating out of it.

I love ALL PB flavored things.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options

Yeah mine was being weird about it this morning and wouldn't update for hours. I got irrationally angry too.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

True story: I no longer see or speak to my in-laws. Worthless pieces of failure to understand....yes, I thought better of typing something else.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

My issue with peanut butter desserts is that it's almost always a chocolate-peanut butter something or another. I fixed this for myself by making incredible peanut butter cookies (the kind designed for Hershey Kisses), and making little wells in them instead for jam.

Also, we have a local place that comes to our farmer's market with homemade peanut butter. They have a CAPPUCINO one that's incredible. Bunch of other flavors too, but I stopped paying attention after coffee. :p
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    edited July 2015
    Options

I'm so sorry. I think family can sometimes be the worst. I get it with my oldest. He is a very sensitive, energetic, high-spirited kid. I jokingly call him "Problem Child" (anyone remember those movies? and no I don't say it to his face lol) because he has bright red hair and he gets into EVERYthing. The best way to deal with him is a firm hand (not spanking, I just mean not letting him get away with anything), firm voice, consistency, etc. My mother thinks I'm a horrible mother because I do not baby or coddle her perfect little angel boy and she is NOT shy about letting me know I'm too hard on him. Um no, I'm not. I just will not let a 3.5 yr old run the house. He knows we love him and he is extremely attached to me, insists *I* drop him off at daycare/help him with the bathroom/make his dinner, etc., so I must be an ok mom, but she never stops going on and on about how he needs more love.

I can't imagine trying to deal with people who don't understand her SPD. *hugs* DH's family has a lot of Asperger's (which I know they don't consider a diagnosis anymore), SPD, Spectrum, etc.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Ohh, I'd be soo mad!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

Well said. Ditto.

You are my favorite person. I have an unhealthy obsession with nut butters (peanut, cashew, macadamia, almond). I usually make my own, but I will bust out some Jif in a second. I have to hide a jar or I will walk around eating out of it.

I love ALL PB flavored things.

Same! I was never crazy for it until about 2 years ago. Now it's just a dangerous thing for me to be near...I have definitely killed an entire jar in one day...more than once! :(
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Still on vacation. Just dropping by to share this photo.

3z0m7cuzjot1.jpg

This is my absolute favorite! I love his little interaction with the seal pup. You should have let him pet it @quiksylver296 .

• kelly_c_77
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512, I am so sorry! As if it's not hard enough to be dealing with all of the emotional and financial stuff that goes along with everything...now to have an unsupportive family? Jeez!! Hug, hugs, and more hugs!!