Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    JeffreyOC
    I certainly hope that you dtarted eating more. That is not healthy long term.

Oberon21
    My smallest clothing is taylored and fitted so probably really a smaller size. Trying them and not having them fit has renewed my motivation.
    I think that you getting a lot of new lovely cloths is exciting. Ilove hand me downs. I'm working at thinning out my closet too

Melissa I made the butternut squash soup, I like things spicy so I doubled the red curry paste. It is sooo good and filling too.

Crosbylee,
    I hope your back gets better fast, Back pain can be a show stopper. It is not easy to stay in calorie limits when you can't be active.
  • raymax4
    edited October 2016
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I went clothing shopping today and found I am about two sizes down!!!!
    I was in a hurry to get home and try on my smallest sized of saved cloths because they were the same size.
    I am horribly disappointed because they are still to small.
    How is this possible?

Great job on going down two sizes!

How old are the clothes that are too small?

I find that clothes that are from around the 90's & earlier were made more accurately compared to the clothing now. I've heard a lot of manufactures/designers vanity size clothing which is annoying, because it's harder to know what your actual size can be.

When I was a lot lighter I had pants ranging from size 6-12 in regular slacks & my designer jeans were either 31-32 (those were more accurate since it was based off my waist measurement).

You called it. The clothes were from the 80's and 90's they will be vintage soon.
  • raymax4
    Options
    One of my biggest fears is that when I have a large weight loss I will just have a lot of extra skin that will be hanging around. I know it's unhealthy to be fat but I've learned to love a fat body, I'm worried that when I lose, if my skin is loose I will hate my body. It's often been part of the reason I quite before I can even give myself a chance. I'm a little vain but it happens to the best of us.

Loose at a slow steady pace with strengthening exercises will decrease the loose skin effect.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Binged and binged hard tonight- the only positive thing I can say is that I logged all of it, which disgusts me so much I hope to God to never repeat it.

What frustrated me the most is that even when I was fat I never did things like this! But today all day I knew it was going to happen :( . Our 4 year old wanted to make Halloween sugar cookies and I said we could because I don't want them to have some weird, compromised childhood because mommy let herself get to 250lbs once upon a time. But as soon as I made the buttercream I knew I was *kitten*.

I held off for so long too which is the most ridiculous part. My husband went to bed, the kids were asleep, my stupid *kitten* should've just gone to bed but no and bam 4000 calories. I am so disgusted and disappointed in myself. My rational mind is screaming, "Stop!" and I couldn't stop....what is wrong with me?

Anyway this is the only place I'll post about (I am way too embarassed to even tell my husband) this debacle. Seeing my doctor in the morning, all the even vaguely potentially trigger foods are in a bag to give to the church tomorrow and just hoping I get myself together.
  • raymax4
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Binged and binged hard tonight- the only positive thing I can say is that I logged all of it, which disgusts me so much I hope to God to never repeat it.

What frustrated me the most is that even when I was fat I never did things like this! But today all day I knew it was going to happen :( . Our 4 year old wanted to make Halloween sugar cookies and I said we could because I don't want them to have some weird, compromised childhood because mommy let herself get to 250lbs once upon a time. But as soon as I made the buttercream I knew I was *kitten*.

I held off for so long too which is the most ridiculous part. My husband went to bed, the kids were asleep, my stupid *kitten* should've just gone to bed but no and bam 4000 calories. I am so disgusted and disappointed in myself. My rational mind is screaming, "Stop!" and I couldn't stop....what is wrong with me?

Anyway this is the only place I'll post about (I am way too embarassed to even tell my husband) this debacle. Seeing my doctor in the morning, all the even vaguely potentially trigger foods are in a bag to give to the church tomorrow and just hoping I get myself together.

This happens to the best of us at times. I consider it a plus for logging it. Knowledge is power.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

This happens to the best of us at times. I consider it a plus for logging it. Knowledge is power.

I agree and I have done it. Sometimes eating well for long periods just triggers a binge. As long as it doesn't happen too often you'll be fine.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Wendy, the soup sounds good. Make it.

POF, I wish we were the same size. I love hand-me-downs.

Jeffrey OC, I hope you learned that won't work along term. And welcome to the thread.

WooHoo! I made page 1900. My PC at work still won't print, but that's a problem for tomorrow.

Part of the reason I seem to be not making not a dent is this woman from the barn keeps giving me her clothes. They are all nice, my style, and all expensive. So I am replacing what I am donating practically as fast as I can donate it!

That's an interesting problem to have. (And now I really wish we were the same size.)

Me too. Of course Mo has first dibs if she wants stuff beyond jeans.

wpo0edko6z8c.gif

I was hoping you'd say that!!!

You need to tell me what you want. All of it? Stuff with long legs? I have a few things to drop off consistently.

SEND IT ALL!!! :smiley:

Too bad we didn't have this exchange a year ago. I got rid of a lot of great clothes in the 6-8 range as they no longer fit. I'll start a pile for you. It's much slower these days as I have already donated so much.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I was almost 800 calories short of my calorie goal yesterday. I HATE being sick.

Can I have your deficit? That would be super helpful. :p

If it only worked that way. I had a huge deficit last week too.

Maybe I should have joined the #myfitsquad challenge...

Maybe, you should go to the doctor. Loss of appetite and cough that lasts more than 7 days....you would make your daughter go.

Tomorrow will be 7 days. I had a big deficit last week because I worked out like a beast.

Mel, I promise that if I'm not better by Friday, I will go to the doctor. Or at least call him.

I am holding you to this. You're my friend and pneumonia is nasty.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I went clothing shopping today and found I am about two sizes down!!!!
    I was in a hurry to get home and try on my smallest sized of saved cloths because they were the same size.
    I am horribly disappointed because they are still to small.
    How is this possible?

Great job on going down two sizes!

How old are the clothes that are too small?

I find that clothes that are from around the 90's & earlier were made more accurately compared to the clothing now. I've heard a lot of manufactures/designers vanity size clothing which is annoying, because it's harder to know what your actual size can be.

When I was a lot lighter I had pants ranging from size 6-12 in regular slacks & my designer jeans were either 31-32 (those were more accurate since it was based off my waist measurement).

I've always hated buying jeans because my hips are much larger than my waist. I am a pear.

Try lucky jeans. I have a similar issue in that I have a small waist but hips and thighs. Lucky Jean's fit a woman better.

Thanks for the tip. I don't wear jeans often, but when I do, I desperately need them to be comfy.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself. I have done things like that too, only with a bag of fun size chocolate for Halloween. None of it went to the kids, let's just say....You have recognized it for what it was and now you can work to make sure you don't do that again. It's tough this time of year, I think, because Halloween starts it off with the candy, then Thanksgiving with all the recipes and baked goods, then more family gatherings for Christmas and New Year. I will probably be hanging on by my fingernails by then but I will not give up.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I hope that discussing this with your doctor helps you feel better.
    I do this 2 or 3 days a week about 3 times a year. I did it this week. I didn't log it and I don't care. And I have learned not to beat myself up over it. 24 years ago, my binge would have led to a purge by exercise. Actually, I purged by exercise even when I didn't binge. I had to learn a whole new way to think, and was forced to stick with it when I got pregnant with my oldest.

Tips: 1) go to bed when your family does. If eating in secret is your downfall, don't be alone with the food. 2) keep something that you can't get food on in your hands - I match socks or cross-stitch 3) go for a walk BEFORE you eat. Often, just getting away from temptation is enough to defeat it. If not, at least I walked some of it off.

Yesterday I went on a serious carb binge and then went to the gym and lifted with my husband. It was a serious overage in calories. I know it. Cookies, caramel dip for apples (just the dip, no fruit) and biscuits. I am still not hungry. I won't eat until I am.

You are not alone. Keep coming back to this thread. The people here are some of dearest friends now because they really don't judge confessions like yours and mine.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

You acknowledged it and logged it. Good work! Were you 400 calories over your MFP goal? Because I'm betting that wouldn't put you over (or much over) maintenance calories. Get back on track and it won't be anything more than a tiny blip on the scale. YOU GOT THIS!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I was almost 800 calories short of my calorie goal yesterday. I HATE being sick.

Can I have your deficit? That would be super helpful. :p

If it only worked that way. I had a huge deficit last week too.

Maybe I should have joined the #myfitsquad challenge...

Maybe, you should go to the doctor. Loss of appetite and cough that lasts more than 7 days....you would make your daughter go.

Tomorrow will be 7 days. I had a big deficit last week because I worked out like a beast.

Mel, I promise that if I'm not better by Friday, I will go to the doctor. Or at least call him.

I am holding you to this. You're my friend and pneumonia is nasty.

I am, too!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: I ate half a pint of Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cookie Core - after leftover Chinese food for dinner.

NSV: I only ate half the pint, not the whole.

Note: Ben and Jerry's PB Cookie Core is NOT The Tonight Dough, and I was hugely disappointed. The store I stopped at didn't have The Tonight Dough. If it had, I would likely have eaten the whole pint.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Miss you Quik! <3 Was it you that was saying about Powerlifting on FB the other day? You could definitely do that!
  • quiksylver296
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Miss you Quik! <3 Was it you that was saying about Powerlifting on FB the other day? You could definitely do that!

Hi, Lois!!! I miss you, too!!! <3

Yeah, hubby and I discussed me hiring a powerlifting coach. He's totally on board with it, but he got moved to night shift before I could go contact the coach. So, with son's sports, I can't make it work right now.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I ate half a pint of Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cookie Core - after leftover Chinese food for dinner.

Note: Ben and Jerry's PB Cookie Core is NOT The Tonight Dough, and I was hugely disappointed. The store I stopped at didn't have The Tonight Dough. If it had, I would likely have eaten the whole pint.

I haven't had any of these. I don't miss ice cream at all. I stopped eating it years ago and before I went vegan when I would have it I had lost the taste for it. It made me want to brush my teeth.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I haven't had any of these. I don't miss ice cream at all. I stopped eating it years ago and before I went vegan when I would have it I had lost the taste for it. It made me want to brush my teeth.

Ice cream and chocolate - those are my jam. :D
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Why is it that when I get up and get dressed in the morning in a dress that requires heels, everyone in my office seems awestruck? I admit that I am usually a sandals or boots girl (depending on the weather), but for the love of Pete, it's a pair of shoes!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Why is it that when I get up and get dressed in the morning in a dress that requires heels, everyone in my office seems awestruck? I admit that I am usually a sandals or boots girl (depending on the weather), but for the love of Pete, it's a pair of shoes!

I think that confession requires a photo!

I had the same reaction when I wore a pair of heels to work.