Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 like others have said, please don't feel bad - you are doing the best you can and its crystal clear that you care so much about your little girl's happiness.

@Glinda1971 now that is a jewelry organizer!

@kellyjellybellyjelly I love that you want to re-purchase your donated items :)
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Everyone was chatty last night while Iwas dropping half a plate of Greek food down my jeans leg and thinking at least it was Greek dressing and neither peanut butter not chocolate that went down my left thigh. LOL. I was seriously pissed that I dropped half of a $13 plate of food though.

Today, I am tempting fate. I ordered a chili-cheese baked potato for lunch even though I am wearing white pants and a black and white top.

Hehehe! Good luck tempting fate :)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: for some reason my fitbit didn't sync my steps from yesterday and this makes me irrationally angry.
    No, that is justifiable, righteous anger!
    pscy4es5sd2j.jpg

Ooooh the rage I get when my cell phone GPS drops out while I am out recording a long bike ride. If it was a device instead of an app on my phone I probably would have smashed it on the ground by now. Healthy, I know. :smirk:

Yeah, I know that feeling. I once had a Garmin that froze up on me during a long run. I wanted to take it off and throw it down and smash it. The only thing that stopped me was knowing that I was going to call them and make them send me a new one when I got home. I couldn't do that if I didn't have the old one to return. LOL
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess I can't help but giggle as I watch my neighbor through the window as he scrapes his shoe on the pavement and grass. I'm assuming he stepped in dog poo. I shouldn't laugh because it's the worst when that happens...and I'll probably jinx myself and step in some later while out walking;

Due to all this peanut butter talk, I'm now craving some. Has anyone ever made peanut butter cookies using the recipe of just pb, egg, and sugar? I think it's one cup pb, one egg, and one cup sugar? Also, if so..how long and what temperature..and are they good?

All the time. Love them . Better with brown sugar. 350 F 9 minutes. You're welcome.

ETA: I apologize for enabling the peanut butter baking on a diet forum.

I wonder if it would work with Splenda brown sugar? Anyone tried that?

Awesome! Thanks! I was hoping to use Stevia too...I know a lot of people hate the taste, but that's all I use. Hmm, how bad could it be?
    Btw- I don't keep a lot of baking/sweet ingredients in the house like brown sugar, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, honey..etc. It can be very dangerous when I get a craving and those things are available.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I confess I can't help but giggle as I watch my neighbor through the window as he scrapes his shoe on the pavement and grass. I'm assuming he stepped in dog poo. I shouldn't laugh because it's the worst when that happens...and I'll probably jinx myself and step in some later while out walking;

Due to all this peanut butter talk, I'm now craving some. Has anyone ever made peanut butter cookies using the recipe of just pb, egg, and sugar? I think it's one cup pb, one egg, and one cup sugar? Also, if so..how long and what temperature..and are they good?

All the time. Love them . Better with brown sugar. 350 F 9 minutes. You're welcome.

ETA: I apologize for enabling the peanut butter baking on a diet forum.

I wonder if it would work with Splenda brown sugar? Anyone tried that?

Awesome! Thanks! I was hoping to use Stevia too...I know a lot of people hate the taste, but that's all I use. Hmm, how bad could it be?
    Btw- I don't keep a lot of baking/sweet ingredients in the house like brown sugar, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, honey..etc. It can be very dangerous when I get a craving and those things are available.

Splenda's texture doesn't always work if the sugar in a recipe is supposed to help provide structure because it's so much lighter, but it would probably be worth a try (even if you still used 1/3 or 1/2 real brown sugar and replaced the rest?)

Stevia might be better as it's a bit less....snowflake-y?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    This is a three day work week for me! I have a Girl’s Weekend with my girlfriends in Lexington, Kentucky! Woohoo! It is the middle of our three locations, and we did this two years ago. Really excited! Anyone live in/near the area and have suggestions on restaurants or things to do?

Then next Friday I leave to go to Illinois for eight days to visit my family, which won’t be as fun as the Girl’s Weekend. I haven’t mentioned this on here yet, but my dad was in a really bad car accident back in late May. He was traveling for work in Pennsylvania. He was in a hospital there for a week and then was transported back to Illinois and was in rehab for a week. He was able to go home even though he was still in quite a bit of pain. He started having really bad back pain, where he couldn’t walk, so he went to the ER. He was admitted to the hospital and they did surgery on his back. A week later they were getting ready to discharge him to rehab again and discovered that the incision was infected, so another surgery was done. He is currently still in rehab and physical therapy seems to be getting better, not great but better. He is scheduled to be discharged from rehab on Thursday, but that may change. I am going up there to hopefully help in any way that I can. He and my stepmom (who doesn’t drive) live with my grandmother (93), who can’t be left alone anymore. My aunt has been driving my stepmom back and forth to the hospital while a caregiver stays with my grandmother during the day. My one brother, who still lives in the area, is not helpful. The whole situation is not good and I really wish I lived closer so I could help. The hubby and kiddos are going on the trip too so please pray for me!

Really not sure I’ll be able to keep up over the next few weeks, which makes me a little sad. Even though I tell people to just jump back in; I’ll feel like I missed something.

Sorry about your dad, @kellienw335 . You and your family are in my prayers and I'm praying for continued healing for you dad. Hugs.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I feel like a jerk posting my happy update after orangesmartie’s post but this morning was a very happy day :)

I finally hit goal! I’ve lost 40 lbs (which is embarrassing to say, admitting I had that much to lose) and that feels amazing. I’m actually slightly below my weight before DS#1.

I’m still not happy with the way I look, and I think my next goal is to lose another 5-8 lb. I’m 5’4.5 and 133.5 as of this morning, and I think I would like to maintain around 125-128. I’m not sure yet, because my body changed a lot after DS#2. My hips were a lot smaller- I have a closet full of 4s and Small shirts that used to fit me at 135. Now some of the Smalls fit and I’m in a 6. My 4s are still too tight. I know myself and I’ll keep setting my goals lower and lower so I’m not “officially in maintenance” (which scares me, tbh).

DH told me to stop overthinking it, take today “off” dieting and just celebrate reaching goal. I got a Starbucks iced coffee this morning; does that count as celebrating? ;)

Congratulations!! Stop and celebrate. And may I advise you don't set lower and lower goals, set new and different ones. Find an exercise program to help you recomp to the look/size you want. I love maintenance. I enjoy knowing that I can eat and that I am still improving my health without losing pounds. Four kids later, I know my hips will never be my pre-baby size again. I'm cool with that. The girl in my profile pic makes me a proud mama almost daily and so do her brothers. (She's setting a PR for 5 miles in the pic) and they are worth 2 inches in hip size.

This is very good advice, and I'm debating just switching to re-comping. I also think I may possibly need to let go of the insane urge I have to be back into my pre-children size. They are absolutely worth going up 1 measly size (at my very thinnest I was a 2, but it was for like 3 months and I was miserable so I count my "normal" size 4) and nothing says I wouldn't get back down close to it if I lift hard.

The insane part of my brain says, "Thin, get as thin as you can", the other part says, "Stop dieting and being crabby and just exercise and eat. Learn to love a size 6 and let it go". I'm married with 2 kids, a dog, a house, back in grad school in the Fall...maybe just accepting a bigger size is worth much more mental well-being than dieting and being crabby?

I am going to recomp...hence the starting lifting! I am at a really healthy weight, 134 pounds and a size 4 at 5'7", but I still have body fat. I am going to play around with calories...everything I've read/researched says to eat at maintenance. Hoping to lose fat and gain muscle.

This is me, but as of this morning, I'm 5'7 and 132.4 lbs. My idea weight I think is 135 with less BF and more muscle mass. I should probably start lifting if that's ever going to happen.

Congratulations on enjoying lifting. And your boyfriend sounds very cool.

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I don't like mayo or carrot cake either. Or pizza, cream, coffee, wine, curry and lots of other 'nice' things. And I had no idea on the recent pickle debate - they're all minging to me!

I think this probably disqualifies me from the human race by now. Oh to be a panda and just eat the one thing over and over.

Ha! While I DO like carrot cake, I do NOT like mayo, coffee, wine, curry, cream, sour cream or sweet pickles. @spamarie - I think we might have similar food issues... hee hee (Except I LOVE pizza.) We may soon be disowned on this thread. :wink:
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    s0696qg0s3mt.jpg

I just got the sweetest surprise from my husband. Sorry had to share!! And sorry its so big!!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I just got the sweetest surprise from my husband. Sorry had to share!! And sorry its so big!!!
    Wow, they are beautiful!! What's the special occasion?
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Y'all are so sweet! I really appreciate it, honestly, y'all have no idea just how much! I do have support from most of my side of the family, it's the ILs that don't seem to care, but it's okay, we'll be fine with or without their support!

And, no, I'm not crying, there's just some feels in my eyes....
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    s0696qg0s3mt.jpg

flowers that big require a big picture! lol
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    s0696qg0s3mt.jpg

Those are beautiful! :)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    s0696qg0s3mt.jpg

flowers that big require a big picture! lol

No kidding, they wouldn't have fit if it were any smaller!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

Thanks. That is for our ten year anniversary today. I got a dozen for each year. Had no idea he was planning that!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Aww, @crosbylee!! Those are beautiful!! How sweet!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Thanks. That is for our ten year anniversary today. I got a dozen for each year. Had no idea he was planning that!
    Congratulations!

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I'm not suppose to eat any bread or eat out but for the past 2 weeks (1 time each week) I have visited Panera Bread (I love this place) and I've had bread and green tea :s

It's really hard to completely cut out things you love, so I understand! Do you have any medical reason for cutting out bread? If not, you can have bread once in a while and just fit it within your calories, and you'll still lose weight just fine! :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I had a body comp scan done yesterday in conjunction with a research study at the Univ of Arkansas. I'm still processing the results, but in a nutshell- My bone density is good (she said at expected degeneration rate I could make it to 100 without getting osteoporosis.) My body fat % is higher than I would like (32.8%), but not bad for my age. I'm debating on whether I should try to drop another few lbs. At my lowest weight (which I haven't seen in a few months- I'm hovering about 5 lbs over that), I'm at the high end of healthy for my height (5'2.25")
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I had a body comp scan done yesterday in conjunction with a research study at the Univ of Arkansas. I'm still processing the results, but in a nutshell- My bone density is good (she said at expected degeneration rate I could make it to 100 without getting osteoporosis.) My body fat % is higher than I would like (32.8%), but not bad for my age. I'm debating on whether I should try to drop another few lbs. At my lowest weight (which I haven't seen in a few months- I'm hovering about 5 lbs over that), I'm at the high end of healthy for my height (5'2.25")
    That's interesting and useful info to have, Ceci. Regarding the bolded, is it true that women who have been normal or overweight for most of their lives tend to have better bone density? I don't know much about that.