Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Me neither. I remember having major surgery when I was 19 and the first night I was given a bedpan to pee in... even though my bladder was close to bursting, it took a LOT of effort to pee while sitting in bed.

Aaaaand... four days later, I'm finally caught up!

Yay for being caught up! In triathlon people go to the bathroom in their wetsuit and on the bike. While under extreme duress I can go in my wetsuit now (but not while swimming) I refuse to go on the bike (I think that is beyond disgusting and since I am not fast I see no reason not to stop at a portapotty on course). They even go while running...no way could I do that.

People just pee all over themselves?! That is nasty. :s
    Not just pee. Have you not seen the photos? Google 'runner's diarrhea'.
    *Not for the squeamish.

I have, since I've had some "incidents" of my own - but definitely not by choice! Some of the stories are hysterical.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I wasn't feeling to great yesterday thanks to my allergies, but I hope the thread's been doing fine. My ortho told me on Monday that I could get back into running, so I started c25k on Tuesday. Gonna go for my second day later in the evening. :)

Good to see you again and hope the running goes well!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Hi everyone! I wasn't feeling to great yesterday thanks to my allergies, but I hope the thread's been doing fine. My ortho told me on Monday that I could get back into running, so I started c25k on Tuesday. Gonna go for my second day later in the evening. :)

Welcome back! We're still here :smile: Hope you're feeling better, and go kick butt on your run!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Canadians! I just bought Fibre One bars in Chocolate Chip and Strawberry Crumble flavours at Superstore (Loblaws). Just in case anyone was looking...

I've had the chocolate chip ones, but didn't know the strawberry ones existed! I may have to go hunting for them
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don't *get* engagement photos. Wedding photos & baby/family photos - absolutely, but why does anyone need a hundred engagement photos? More specifically, why do people get engagement photos done that don't reflect them as a couple? My cousin & her fiancé just got engagement photos done, and sure, they look nice, but it's not "them". They would never go for a walk in the river valley (or anywhere lol). Some of them look very forced and awkward.

I don't mean to insult anyone who's had them done, I'm just not understanding why it seems like everyone is getting them done now.

Me neither but I'm a total wedding Scrooge anyway so any of the associated fluff is beyond my comprehension.

My SO's daughter and her fiancé got "save the date" photos done... some sort of pre-invitation thing to be sent out to prospective guests? Yikes. They were a bit dressier than normal in the pics, with some rather forced props thrown in.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Speaking of kids clothes, I bought these pajamas at Target while they were on clearance. XP
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Yay you get to run!! Hope you're feeling better!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Canadians! I just bought Fibre One bars in Chocolate Chip and Strawberry Crumble flavours at Superstore (Loblaws). Just in case anyone was looking...

I've had the chocolate chip ones, but didn't know the strawberry ones existed! I may have to go hunting for them
    End of aisle in my Superstore. They threw themselves into my basket. I only went in for salad ingredients.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @crosbylee those flowers are spectacular! Happy 10th Anniversary!!! Yay for you and Mr Crosbylee!

Eta: this should just be a staple at the bottom of my posts. Edited for typing mistake s
  • ShibaEars
    Options

End of aisle in my Superstore. They threw themselves into my basket. I only went in for salad ingredients.

:lol: This happens to me all the time!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Confession: I don't *get* engagement photos. Wedding photos & baby/family photos - absolutely, but why does anyone need a hundred engagement photos? More specifically, why do people get engagement photos done that don't reflect them as a couple? My cousin & her fiancé just got engagement photos done, and sure, they look nice, but it's not "them". They would never go for a walk in the river valley (or anywhere lol). Some of them look very forced and awkward.

I don't mean to insult anyone who's had them done, I'm just not understanding why it seems like everyone is getting them done now.

Me neither but I'm a total wedding Scrooge anyway so any of the associated fluff is beyond my comprehension.

My SO's daughter and her fiancé got "save the date" photos done... some sort of pre-invitation thing to be sent out to prospective guests? Yikes. They were a bit dressier than normal in the pics, with some rather forced props thrown in.

I'm with you two 100% on this. We did none of that because I found the idea kind of embarrassing and weird. Like, if you like them that's great, but it is just NOT MY THING. I will never have a posed, professional photo of my husband and I hanging in our house. We have a couple of us hiking and a couple his sister took at the wedding but that's all I can handle.

ETA: We went to a beautiful but so expensive wedding last weekend and the whole time I was just like "really? You spend money on identical suits/all those fresh flowers/seven piece invitations/designer bridesmaid dresses/custom shoes/etc etc etc?" I know some people value that stuff so I don't want to be too critical, but it just seemed like such a colossal waste to me, and the money I had to spend to attend didn't really improve my outlook (hotel room and cash bar, so like $400 before gas etc.)
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I had a body comp scan done yesterday in conjunction with a research study at the Univ of Arkansas. I'm still processing the results, but in a nutshell- My bone density is good (she said at expected degeneration rate I could make it to 100 without getting osteoporosis.) My body fat % is higher than I would like (32.8%), but not bad for my age. I'm debating on whether I should try to drop another few lbs. At my lowest weight (which I haven't seen in a few months- I'm hovering about 5 lbs over that), I'm at the high end of healthy for my height (5'2.25")

I want one of those SOOOO bad!

My initial motivation for lifting was to build/maintain bone density and I'd really love to know if I'm actually accomplishing that. Every single female ancestor of mine, both sides of the family, has had osteoporosis and I have most of the risk factors.

At this point I'd also like to know if I'm growing any significant muscle (as opposed to just stripping fat).

Yeah, I lift weights for bone health, but I'd be lying if I said that I was recomping for reasons other than vanity. My scale puts me at about 24-25% body fat, which seems about right when I look at those pictures online that show different percentages. I think I'd really like to get to about 22%. I've thought about getting a DEXA scan, but my university doesn't have one on-site (well, not for people at least) which is where I've heard you can get them done for a little less money.

Ohhh NOW I'm totally motivated by vanity, having seen some results ;) But I figure my bones are benefiting just the same... they don't care about the "why".

I think I'd have to go have one done in the US, probably MN or WI.

Not quite DEXA, but underwater weighing for $40 at UMN: http://www.cehd.umn.edu/kin/research/hspl/services.html

Wisconsin-Madison also has DEXA, but it was listed under "testing for athletes" and didn't include pricing:
    http://www.uwhealth.org/sports-medicine/athletes-wellness-training-conditioning/exercise-science-laboratory-testing/11342

Can you tell I really don't want to stop my lunch break? :)
  • Tubbs216
    Options

I tend to agree this this - mainly because of the money involved. I just can't believe what some people spend on weddings!
    I was engaged and married within 6 weeks and highly recommend it. Wedding stress expands to fill the time available - we had no time to sweat the small stuff!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don't *get* engagement photos. Wedding photos & baby/family photos - absolutely, but why does anyone need a hundred engagement photos? More specifically, why do people get engagement photos done that don't reflect them as a couple? My cousin & her fiancé just got engagement photos done, and sure, they look nice, but it's not "them". They would never go for a walk in the river valley (or anywhere lol). Some of them look very forced and awkward, which is too bad since they are both fun people.

I had them done before, but not with my current hubby.
    Back in the day, it was a big deal in my hometown to put an engagement announcement in the newspaper when you became engaged, including an engagement picture. Every Sunday, these were published and we all looked to see who was getting hitched.

One thing I wish I had done more is family photos as the kids were growing up. I only had them done twice during their childhoods.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    @ShibaEars I just dropped some Coconut Almond Butter on my pants ugh! At least I'm at home & it landed on my pant leg.

I used to always order this Nacho Chili Cheese meal at work & of course it would always be when I had on a white shirt. Do you think I could ever not make a mess on my shirt? Heck no! Luckily I had a vest to wear that none of the customers could see.

If there is tomato sauce anywhere in my vicinity, it will end up on my shirt.

This made me laugh! Mr. Mo is the same way! Almost all of his shirts have stains in the same spot. I tease him about needing a bib.

I'm still laughing about this! :D

• Tubbs216
    Options
    Confession: I don't *get* engagement photos. Wedding photos & baby/family photos - absolutely, but why does anyone need a hundred engagement photos? More specifically, why do people get engagement photos done that don't reflect them as a couple? My cousin & her fiancé just got engagement photos done, and sure, they look nice, but it's not "them". They would never go for a walk in the river valley (or anywhere lol). Some of them look very forced and awkward, which is too bad since they are both fun people.

I had them done before, but not with my current hubby.
    Back in the day, it was a big deal in my hometown to put an engagement announcement in the newspaper when you became engaged, including an engagement picture. Every Sunday, these were published and we all looked to see who was getting hitched.

One thing I wish I had done more is family photos as the kids were growing up. I only had them done twice during their childhoods.
    Yes, me too. We only have one of us all together and that was a Walmart Portrait Studio special.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone! ❤️
    I really appreciate you guys listening to me vent and talk, I don't get that opportunity much. I haven't even mentioned anything that I've found out to the family yet, because I know what comes next, and I don't think I can handle their condescending remarks and snide comments right now.

That stinks that your family isn't more supportive, you could really use that. You can always talk here!!

It's okay. I'm kinda used to it, we're sort of the outcasts of the family, so it's not like we're going to get much love anyway. It's usually that we're overreacting, she's just a bad kid, or it's our fault because we don't "expose" her enough, and (my favorite) we don't discipline (aka spank) her enough and that's why she's the way she is. Everyone wants to ignore the multiple doctors that have said explicitly that something is wrong, and blame us for her problems. I've dealt with a lot of bs from his family over the years, and nothing short of us ending our marriage (which is NOT happening!) is going to ever make it better. So, I just try to ignore it and move on.

That stinks. I get it, though. I think a part of it is generational.

My daughter dealing with panic/anxiety and depression is because she doesn't get up and get out more. OK. So, she has social anxiety, the cure is to do the thing that causes the panic attacks? Meh, whatever.

Keep doing what you have to do and vent and talk all you want here...

Sadly, exposure therapy can be dangerous. If you expose yourself to too much too fast, you risk making your anxiety worse and worse. Baby steps are crucial, and it's usually recommended to only do exposure therapy with the help of a therapist if your anxiety is really bad, because they know how to do it "right". What's right is defined on a case-by-case basis, of course. :)

Living in the Gulf means seeing a lot of parents struggling to get their child's needs recognized when the child has any sort of issue at all, ranging from anxiety to learning disabilities to disorders like Raelynn's or even my own. Most people don't "believe" in issues like autism or dyslexia, and will act a lot like @raelynnsmama52512 mentions her family acting. My brothers both have dyslexia and my mother has struggled for all their lives to get them the help they need with no support from the government or my Arab side of the family. It's always a struggle.

I really hope Raelynn can get all the help she needs. <3
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

I'm with you two 100% on this. We did none of that because I found the idea kind of embarrassing and weird. Like, if you like them that's great, but it is just NOT MY THING. I will never have a posed, professional photo of my husband and I hanging in our house. We have a couple of us hiking and a couple his sister took at the wedding but that's all I can handle.

ETA: We went to a beautiful but so expensive wedding last weekend and the whole time I was just like "really? You spend money on identical suits/all those fresh flowers/seven piece invitations/designer bridesmaid dresses/custom shoes/etc etc etc?" I know some people value that stuff so I don't want to be too critical, but it just seemed like such a colossal waste to me, and the money I had to spend to attend didn't really improve my outlook (hotel room and cash bar , so like $400 before gas etc.)

What?! So maybe I'm greedy, but if I'm coming to your [fancy] wedding, I do not expect to pay for my alcohol. Was this the wedding with the multiple dress opportunity? What did you decide?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess I can't help but giggle as I watch my neighbor through the window as he scrapes his shoe on the pavement and grass. I'm assuming he stepped in dog poo. I shouldn't laugh because it's the worst when that happens...and I'll probably jinx myself and step in some later while out walking;

Due to all this peanut butter talk, I'm now craving some. Has anyone ever made peanut butter cookies using the recipe of just pb, egg, and sugar? I think it's one cup pb, one egg, and one cup sugar? Also, if so..how long and what temperature..and are they good?

All the time. Love them . Better with brown sugar. 350 F 9 minutes. You're welcome.

ETA: I apologize for enabling the peanut butter baking on a diet forum.

I wonder if it would work with Splenda brown sugar? Anyone tried that?

Awesome! Thanks! I was hoping to use Stevia too...I know a lot of people hate the taste, but that's all I use. Hmm, how bad could it be?
    Btw- I don't keep a lot of baking/sweet ingredients in the house like brown sugar, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, honey..etc. It can be very dangerous when I get a craving and those things are available.

Sigh. Same here. It makes me sad that I can't have them around without doing something stupid.

Confession: I've messed up pretty much every day for the last week while preparing for Eid. I can't seem to stop myself from licking spoons, "tasting" desserts, and eating too much in general when I'm all excited and preparing foods for some kind of celebration. Then I use that as an excuse to eat too much of everything. Bleh.

But regardless of that, tomorrow is Eid! :) I've almost finished the desserts I was planning to make, and the peanut butter pies just need the finishing touches (whipped cream and shaved chocolate). I got some lovely progress shots on the pies that I'll be posting soon, and I'll be sure to take pictures of the chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars along with a review on how they taste. :)

Eid Mubarak to me! And to anyone else who cares, of course. ;)
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Yeah, I know that feeling. I once had a Garmin that froze up on me during a long run. I wanted to take it off and throw it down and smash it. The only thing that stopped me was knowing that I was going to call them and make them send me a new one when I got home. I couldn't do that if I didn't have the old one to return. LOL

MapMyWalk, which gave me massive issues syncing with MFP and screwed up my phone so badly I had to take it off and reinstall, ripped me off for over a mile on yesterday's walk because it popped up some offer to pay for a premium version that apparently halted my tracking until I noticed and got rid of it.

(But it's free. I can't expect too much.)

I use that app too and I've had 3-4 times where it just didn't work. One time, I was taking a walk with my family (husband, child in a wagon and dog) and it told me I was walking like 6 miles an hour. Personal record, woohoo!...only no way. The other times it just didn't start or something. I thought hmmm, it should have told me I was at a mile and checked and it said I hadn't gone anywhere. But, like you said, it's free.

I use the mapmyride app and one thing to be sure of is make sure you have a good GPS signal prior to hitting start. They need to make an alert so if GPS drops you KNOW.