Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I just got the sweetest surprise from my husband. Sorry had to share!! And sorry its so big!!!

They're lovely!! How nice of him. :) Special occasion or just out of the blue? Just out of the blue is always the best. ;)

Editing to add: I see that it's for the big one-oh anniversary. :) Happy anniversary!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Everyone was chatty last night while Iwas dropping half a plate of Greek food down my jeans leg and thinking at least it was Greek dressing and neither peanut butter not chocolate that went down my left thigh. LOL. I was seriously pissed that I dropped half of a $13 plate of food though.

Today, I am tempting fate. I ordered a chili-cheese baked potato for lunch even though I am wearing white pants and a black and white top.

Hehehe! Good luck tempting fate :)

I win!!! No chili or.cheese on my clothes!!!

Yay! I was wondering whether you were tempting fate a little too much and would come back to report destroyed clothing... :p
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I confess I can't help but giggle as I watch my neighbor through the window as he scrapes his shoe on the pavement and grass. I'm assuming he stepped in dog poo. I shouldn't laugh because it's the worst when that happens...and I'll probably jinx myself and step in some later while out walking;

Due to all this peanut butter talk, I'm now craving some. Has anyone ever made peanut butter cookies using the recipe of just pb, egg, and sugar? I think it's one cup pb, one egg, and one cup sugar? Also, if so..how long and what temperature..and are they good?

All the time. Love them . Better with brown sugar. 350 F 9 minutes. You're welcome.

ETA: I apologize for enabling the peanut butter baking on a diet forum.

I wonder if it would work with Splenda brown sugar? Anyone tried that?

Awesome! Thanks! I was hoping to use Stevia too...I know a lot of people hate the taste, but that's all I use. Hmm, how bad could it be?
    Btw- I don't keep a lot of baking/sweet ingredients in the house like brown sugar, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, honey..etc. It can be very dangerous when I get a craving and those things are available.

Sigh. Same here. It makes me sad that I can't have them around without doing something stupid.

Confession: I've messed up pretty much every day for the last week while preparing for Eid. I can't seem to stop myself from licking spoons, "tasting" desserts, and eating too much in general when I'm all excited and preparing foods for some kind of celebration. Then I use that as an excuse to eat too much of everything. Bleh.

But regardless of that, tomorrow is Eid! :) I've almost finished the desserts I was planning to make, and the peanut butter pies just need the finishing touches (whipped cream and shaved chocolate). I got some lovely progress shots on the pies that I'll be posting soon, and I'll be sure to take pictures of the chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars along with a review on how they taste. :)

Eid Mubarak to me! And to anyone else who cares, of course. ;)
    Definitely Eid Mubarak!
    Is it tomorrow for sure? The signs around here say 17th or 18th. I wondered if it was a last minute declaration, like when Ramadan commences.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    @ShibaEars I just dropped some Coconut Almond Butter on my pants ugh! At least I'm at home & it landed on my pant leg.

I used to always order this Nacho Chili Cheese meal at work & of course it would always be when I had on a white shirt. Do you think I could ever not make a mess on my shirt? Heck no! Luckily I had a vest to wear that none of the customers could see.

If there is tomato sauce anywhere in my vicinity, it will end up on my shirt.

This made me laugh! Mr. Mo is the same way! Almost all of his shirts have stains in the same spot. I tease him about needing a bib.

I'm still laughing about this! :D

I'm that way too, I eat like a rabid hyena no matter how hard I try to be a lady. I usually just don't eat at work functions because it's better to look like I'm picky and/or starving than drop food on myself in front of the Board of Directors or whatever.

ETA...and I'm also a champion at dropping stuff down my shirt. I get a little late-night snack when I take off my bra before bed...lol.
    peleroja wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I don't *get* engagement photos. Wedding photos & baby/family photos - absolutely, but why does anyone need a hundred engagement photos? More specifically, why do people get engagement photos done that don't reflect them as a couple? My cousin & her fiancé just got engagement photos done, and sure, they look nice, but it's not "them". They would never go for a walk in the river valley (or anywhere lol). Some of them look very forced and awkward.

I don't mean to insult anyone who's had them done, I'm just not understanding why it seems like everyone is getting them done now.

Me neither but I'm a total wedding Scrooge anyway so any of the associated fluff is beyond my comprehension.

My SO's daughter and her fiancé got "save the date" photos done... some sort of pre-invitation thing to be sent out to prospective guests? Yikes. They were a bit dressier than normal in the pics, with some rather forced props thrown in.

I'm with you two 100% on this. We did none of that because I found the idea kind of embarrassing and weird. Like, if you like them that's great, but it is just NOT MY THING. I will never have a posed, professional photo of my husband and I hanging in our house. We have a couple of us hiking and a couple his sister took at the wedding but that's all I can handle.

ETA: We went to a beautiful but so expensive wedding last weekend and the whole time I was just like "really? You spend money on identical suits/all those fresh flowers/seven piece invitations/designer bridesmaid dresses/custom shoes/etc etc etc?" I know some people value that stuff so I don't want to be too critical, but it just seemed like such a colossal waste to me, and the money I had to spend to attend didn't really improve my outlook (hotel room and cash bar , so like $400 before gas etc.)

What?! So maybe I'm greedy, but if I'm coming to your [fancy] wedding, I do not expect to pay for my alcohol. Was this the wedding with the multiple dress opportunity? What did you decide?

Yeah...I didn't know what to say about that one. Like, I did have a destination wedding myself, but we had a lot of cheap options for people (flights/hotels etc) and paid for dinner, drinks, transportation and activities on the wedding day as well as doing something special for everyone (renting pool daybeds, buying show tickets, getting champagne sent to rooms, etc.)

I ended up sending them both back and wearing something totally different, haha. The black one just needed too much tailoring to fit and the pink felt too revealing after I showed my roommate and his girlfriend.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm making brownies for the second time this week. Luckily my boyfriend ate most of them last time ;) ... I think this counts as sabotaging both of us, as we both want to lose weight. But... BUT BROWNIES!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess I can't help but giggle as I watch my neighbor through the window as he scrapes his shoe on the pavement and grass. I'm assuming he stepped in dog poo. I shouldn't laugh because it's the worst when that happens...and I'll probably jinx myself and step in some later while out walking;

Due to all this peanut butter talk, I'm now craving some. Has anyone ever made peanut butter cookies using the recipe of just pb, egg, and sugar? I think it's one cup pb, one egg, and one cup sugar? Also, if so..how long and what temperature..and are they good?

All the time. Love them . Better with brown sugar. 350 F 9 minutes. You're welcome.

ETA: I apologize for enabling the peanut butter baking on a diet forum.

I wonder if it would work with Splenda brown sugar? Anyone tried that?

Awesome! Thanks! I was hoping to use Stevia too...I know a lot of people hate the taste, but that's all I use. Hmm, how bad could it be?
    Btw- I don't keep a lot of baking/sweet ingredients in the house like brown sugar, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, honey..etc. It can be very dangerous when I get a craving and those things are available.

Sigh. Same here. It makes me sad that I can't have them around without doing something stupid.

Confession: I've messed up pretty much every day for the last week while preparing for Eid. I can't seem to stop myself from licking spoons, "tasting" desserts, and eating too much in general when I'm all excited and preparing foods for some kind of celebration. Then I use that as an excuse to eat too much of everything. Bleh.

But regardless of that, tomorrow is Eid! :) I've almost finished the desserts I was planning to make, and the peanut butter pies just need the finishing touches (whipped cream and shaved chocolate). I got some lovely progress shots on the pies that I'll be posting soon, and I'll be sure to take pictures of the chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars along with a review on how they taste. :)

Eid Mubarak to me! And to anyone else who cares, of course. ;)
    Definitely Eid Mubarak!
    Is it tomorrow for sure? The signs around here say 17th or 18th. I wondered if it was a last minute declaration, like when Ramadan commences.

It is... We follow the lunar calendar, so new months are marked by the sighting of the crescent moon. Ramadan is never more than 30 days, but it's usually 29. Today is the 29th of Ramadan, and the moon was sighted, meaning that tomorrow is the first day of Shawwal (the tenth month of the Islamic lunar calendar), which is Eid day. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Well, I'm making brownies for the second time this week. Luckily my boyfriend ate most of them last time ;) ... I think this counts as sabotaging both of us, as we both want to lose weight. But... BUT BROWNIES!

*serious face* Brownies are a good excuse for anything. So yes, BROWNIES! :smiley:
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

*serious face* Brownies are a good excuse for anything. So yes, BROWNIES! :smiley:

Stop saying that word, I will need one (or a dozen) if you continue!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Stop saying that word, I will need one (or a dozen) if you continue!

Haha me too!! Sound so good right now!!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don't *get* engagement photos. Wedding photos & baby/family photos - absolutely, but why does anyone need a hundred engagement photos? More specifically, why do people get engagement photos done that don't reflect them as a couple? My cousin & her fiancé just got engagement photos done, and sure, they look nice, but it's not "them". They would never go for a walk in the river valley (or anywhere lol). Some of them look very forced and awkward, which is too bad since they are both fun people.

I don't mean to insult anyone who's had them done, I'm just not understanding why it seems like everyone is getting them done now.

I'm only having them done because they're free. And by that I mean they're included in the package to get the photographer to do my wedding. We're going way low key on them though, because I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to end up doing with them, other than using one for my Save the Dates.

We did purposely pick a different time of year than the wedding though, so at least seasonally the pictures will be different? I'm actually probably a terrible person to answer this. ;)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I may be the only one this appeals to - but I was excited about this!

There is now a seaweed that when fried tastes like bacon.
    http://oregonprogress.oregonstate.edu/summer-2015/next-big-thing-sea-vegetables

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don't *get* engagement photos. Wedding photos & baby/family photos - absolutely, but why does anyone need a hundred engagement photos? More specifically, why do people get engagement photos done that don't reflect them as a couple? My cousin & her fiancé just got engagement photos done, and sure, they look nice, but it's not "them". They would never go for a walk in the river valley (or anywhere lol). Some of them look very forced and awkward.

Me neither but I'm a total wedding Scrooge anyway so any of the associated fluff is beyond my comprehension.

My SO's daughter and her fiancé got "save the date" photos done... some sort of pre-invitation thing to be sent out to prospective guests? Yikes. They were a bit dressier than normal in the pics, with some rather forced props thrown in.

I am all about Save the Dates so I don't have to call people and tell them when the wedding will be. Same for receiving them.

Confession: I hate Hate HATE talking on the phone. If you can't text me, I'm not sure we should be friends. If we're related (and you are reasonably technology impaired), write me a letter, maybe?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    So, I made the peanut butter cookies that we talked about earlier. I used Stevia like I planned to. They were my dinner. The entire batch...830 calories. Not bad. I still have 500ish calories left too! :)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

They're fudgey ones, too! I prefer those to the more cakey variety ;)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

They're fudgey ones, too! I prefer those to the more cakey variety ;)

Me too!! Ugh I may have to go to the store now!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    All these brownies and cookies! I can't wait to use the stove again. :#

I hate phone calls too. It's already awkward talking to me in person, talking into an inanimate object just makes things worse.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I am all about Save the Dates so I don't have to call people and tell them when the wedding will be. Same for receiving them.

Confession: I hate Hate HATE talking on the phone. If you can't text me, I'm not sure we should be friends. If we're related (and you are reasonably technology impaired), write me a letter, maybe?

Okay, so wait. What exactly are Save the Dates? (you can tell I haven't been involved in many weddings lol). Do those get sent out, then invites go out later?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession: I'm pretty sure I've eaten my weight in watermelon over the last few days.

I bought a personal watermelon at the store last night. I asked Mr. Mo since it is called a personal watermelon, does that mean it's enough for one person. He said he thought so. I said, "Challenge accepted!"

Quoted to fix a spelling error that I missed, but also to say this...I polished off half the watermelon, over a pound (closer to 2) and Rachael ate the other half. Not as good as I'd hoped, and I had a killer stomachache afterwards.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    All these brownies and cookies! I can't wait to use the stove again. :#

I hate phone calls too. It's already awkward talking to me in person, talking into an inanimate object just makes things worse.

Me too. I stammer and then talk too fast in my desire to just get it over with. Emails or texts only, please!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Okay, so wait. What exactly are Save the Dates? (you can tell I haven't been involved in many weddings lol). Do those get sent out, then invites go out later?

Yeah, they're like "Hey, we've chosen this date and you'll be getting an invitation later with the details, but we wanted to tell you asap so you don't make other plans." Except more elegant in theory, haha. Not a bad idea but also not something I would have wanted to spend a lot of money on had we had a conventional wedding.