Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I do love funky jewelry though and have a huge ear ring collection (I have a pixie haircut - showing off great ear rings is a big benefit of that for me) and a pretty good pendant collection. I just go for rocks rather than gems.

Love love love those earrings!

@Susieq_1994 your wedding bands are beautiful, I've never seen anything like them.

Wow, the Claddagh ring is really popular... is that Celtic heritage or just liking the design?

Bracelets are my thing but they tend to annoy me working on a computer most of the day, they're usually rattling on the keyboard.... so my collection sits unworn. I love unique handcrafted pieces and have a lot of leather bracelets.

Susie's is so different! I like it. We looked into all those unusual metals like titanium for my husband's band but we ended up with meteorite, which some people look down on because "it's just iron"...but it's IRON FROM A SPACE ROCK THAT CRASHED IN THE DESERT and that's super great. Haha.

I can't wear bracelets either because they bug me when I'm typing. Same with my watch. I like it and it's practical but I pretty much just leave it at my desk and put it on before I go into a meeting.

@Susieq_1994 Your rings are so unique and beautiful and @peleroja That's awesome!!! Now I wish we had got that for my husband, We got him titanium
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 Your rings are gorgeous!

I don't really wear much jewelry. I have a pair of small white gold earrings my parents gave me when I was about 15 that I just leave in all the time. And I have a nose stud that also just stays in all the time. I do LOVE watches though, and have two that I alternate between (except for when I'm using my fitbit).

I love the idea of jewelry and bought a bunch of necklaces when my friend was selling Stella & Dot stuff, but then I forget to put them on. I also love bracelets & rings on other people, but can't stand them on myself. They spin and get in the way and drive me crazy. It's a good thing I'm not engaged or married, because I'm not sure I could keep a ring on for longer than a couple hours!

It took me months to stop taking off my engagement ring all the time. I'm used to it now but it drove me bonkers for a while.

FitBit questions for all of you users: I used to have the One (the clip-on, not the bracelet, until I put it through the washing machine) and I'm thinking about buying another and considering the bracelet this time to reduce the likelihood of another run-in with the machine, but I'm worried about it on my wrist working at the computer etc, both for comfort reasons and wondering if it'll track extra steps. Any opinions on that?

I HATE wearing watches and bracelets when using a computer, but the fitbit has not bothered me at all. I have the Flex. It will track steps for some movements but not generally for typing, it has to be a more dramatic movement than that. Smooth, non abrupt movements do not track. I wear mine non stop. I even wore it in the pool one day and it survived (not sure if it is supposed to be "that" waterproof or not. My Fitbit is the only "jewelry" I wear on most days. (mainly because my wedding ring is too big - it will just fall off, and they want a lot of money to resize it so I am waiting to get to my goal weight)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    I do love funky jewelry though and have a huge ear ring collection (I have a pixie haircut - showing off great ear rings is a big benefit of that for me) and a pretty good pendant collection. I just go for rocks rather than gems.

@Susieq_1994 your wedding bands are beautiful, I've never seen anything like them.

Wow, the Claddagh ring is really popular... is that Celtic heritage or just liking the design?

Bracelets are my thing but they tend to annoy me working on a computer most of the day, they're usually rattling on the keyboard.... so my collection sits unworn. I love unique handcrafted pieces and have a lot of leather bracelets.

I have the same problem with bracelets - they would annoy me while typing. I have a couple that I really love so I would just take them off at my desk if I did decide to wear one. My (additional) problem now is I wear my fitbit as a bracelet and I'm not sure where to put any other ones! I'm not very skilled at putting them on my right wrist and stacking them on the fitbit seems funny...

I stack. I wear my fitbit and a watch on my left wrist... watch bands always have to be quite fitted and then I ram them up until they stay in place... no dangling allowed.

If I wear a bracelet it will be on my right wrist.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: I dumped all of the extra pie filling into a bowl and threw it in the freezer for an hour. I am currently eating it with a spoon. :blush:
  • saraherren
    saraherren Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have such a severe loss of appetite that I have to force myself to eat and am stuck eating only 250-270 calories a day.
  • bkhamill
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    I have such a severe loss of appetite that I have to force myself to eat and am stuck eating only 250-270 calories a day.

That is not very healthy, why do you have a loss of appetite?
  • Susieq_1994
    edited July 2015
    Options

I'm sorry to hear it! What caused you to lose your appetite so severely? You should at least try to eat a little more, maybe by drinking your calories instead of eating them? :) Full-cream milk packs a lot of calories into one cup, for example. Be kind to yourself. :)
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

I don't really wear much jewelry. I have a pair of small white gold earrings my parents gave me when I was about 15 that I just leave in all the time. And I have a nose stud that also just stays in all the time. I do LOVE watches though, and have two that I alternate between (except for when I'm using my fitbit).

I love the idea of jewelry and bought a bunch of necklaces when my friend was selling Stella & Dot stuff, but then I forget to put them on. I also love bracelets & rings on other people, but can't stand them on myself. They spin and get in the way and drive me crazy. It's a good thing I'm not engaged or married, because I'm not sure I could keep a ring on for longer than a couple hours!

It took me months to stop taking off my engagement ring all the time. I'm used to it now but it drove me bonkers for a while.

FitBit questions for all of you users: I used to have the One (the clip-on, not the bracelet, until I put it through the washing machine) and I'm thinking about buying another and considering the bracelet this time to reduce the likelihood of another run-in with the machine, but I'm worried about it on my wrist working at the computer etc, both for comfort reasons and wondering if it'll track extra steps. Any opinions on that?

I got used to it on my wrist pretty quickly, and it doesn't bother me typing. I also don't have problems with it counting extra steps - I've done a couple spot checks where I'll look at my steps and then type away for an hour and check steps again and they haven't moved (also can see this when I look at the step count for the day and hour+ long chunks of no movement). I know some people have had problems with "hand-talking" counting as extra steps, but again with my super scientific test, I didn't have that problem. Maybe I don't fling wildly enough ;) I posted a picture of my awesome fitbit tan line on the fitbit thread in the batcave yesterday if that's a deciding factor for you.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    So, I'm currently working on the pies for my in-laws. Since I didn't take any last time, is anyone interested in progress shots before I cover them in ganache and whipped cream? ;) By the way, I made them with the tweaked recipe and STILL ended up with way too much filling. Oops. Not enough tweaking!

Do you think a springform pan might work better since it has deep sides??? Just a suggestion.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @ohgeeque my husband would find that funny - and then he'd be proud of me.

Mr. Mo would say, "You must REALLY like that dress!" He'd be right too, if I bought it twice. :smiley:

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

I got used to it on my wrist pretty quickly, and it doesn't bother me typing. I also don't have problems with it counting extra steps - I've done a couple spot checks where I'll look at my steps and then type away for an hour and check steps again and they haven't moved (also can see this when I look at the step count for the day and hour+ long chunks of no movement). I know some people have had problems with "hand-talking" counting as extra steps, but again with my super scientific test, I didn't have that problem. Maybe I don't fling wildly enough ;) I posted a picture of my awesome fitbit tan line on the fitbit thread in the batcave yesterday if that's a deciding factor for you.

I'm way too pasty to tan but that's really funny!

Thanks everyone who weighed in on that, it's really helpful. I'm probably going to go try one on tonight and see how it feels and how silly I think it looks on my little bird wrists. I know they make them in different sizes but I'm wondering if the width is going to put me off.

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    So, I'm currently working on the pies for my in-laws. Since I didn't take any last time, is anyone interested in progress shots before I cover them in ganache and whipped cream? ;) By the way, I made them with the tweaked recipe and STILL ended up with way too much filling. Oops. Not enough tweaking!

Do you think a springform pan might work better since it has deep sides??? Just a suggestion.

Yes, it would, actually, if you were looking to make a deeper pie. But I don't own one. ;) I also think the extremely thick layer of pie filling in a deep dish pie pan or springform pan might make you sick after a few bites, so much smaller slices would be required. And you'd also need more Oreos to line the sides. :)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. Are you sick or depressed? I sometimes have a huge loss of appetite too. Is there any way you can maybe get in more calories via fluids? Perhaps adding some honey or cream to tea or drinking a lot of juice?
  • saraherren
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

I think it's because when I got to my goal weight in January (80 pounds lost!), my stomach shrank so much to where I never get hungry. I do eat plenty of protein when I do eat which does keep my satiated.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Yes, it would, actually, if you were looking to make a deeper pie. But I don't own one. ;) I also think the extremely thick layer of pie filling in a deep dish pie pan or springform pan might make you sick after a few bites, so much smaller slices would be required. And you'd also need more Oreos to line the sides. :)

These are not bad things. LOL
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I love Batman's The Joker and Harley Quinn, so I'm looking forward to the Suicide Squad movie. The trailer just came out and I'm really loving the look of Harley!! However, what in the world is going on with this new Joker? He looks... ridiculous. I'm trying not to be too judgemental, because people were angry over Heath Ledger's Joker before The Dark Knight came out, and he turned out to be amazing.
  • saraherren
    Options

I'm sorry to hear it! What caused you to lose your appetite so severely? You should at least try to eat a little more, maybe by drinking your calories instead of eating them? :) Full-cream milk packs a lot of calories into one cup, for example. Be kind to yourself. :)

I think it's because my stomach shrank so much from my weight loss (down 80 lbs.) to where I never get hungry. I do eat plenty of protein when I do eat which does keep my satiated. All I drink is water. No liquid calories, except for 3 times I went to IHOP earlier this year (my birthday in April, the morning I left for vacation last month, and last Tuesday before taking my aunt to the airport when they had their 57 cent pancake short stack) when I drank chocolate milk.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Susie's is so different! I like it. We looked into all those unusual metals like titanium for my husband's band but we ended up with meteorite, which some people look down on because "it's just iron"...but it's IRON FROM A SPACE ROCK THAT CRASHED IN THE DESERT and that's super great. Haha.

I can't wear bracelets either because they bug me when I'm typing. Same with my watch. I like it and it's practical but I pretty much just leave it at my desk and put it on before I go into a meeting.

Agreed, that does sound super-great! I loved the uniqueness of both the designs and the metal, so I thought the titanium ones were super cool. :)

Editing to add... You totally reminded me of the cartoon "Avatar - The Last Airbender" and Sokka's space sword.

q8qsovts6khy.jpg

Fantastic show! Have you seen the Korra installment yet? :D

I have, and I'm not even a fan myself. LOL My daughter loves Manga.

Technically, it's anime. ;) Manga are Japanese comic books, not cartoons. :) I only know this because my sister was obsessed with both when we were younger. -_- She also told me the name for KOREAN comic books, which I have forgotten. :p

OK. I stand corrected. LOL
    She likes both... I just wind up watching when she's home because she tends to control the television in the family room.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

These are not bad things. LOL

True. ;) It would be less of a pie and more of a no-bake peanut butter cheesecake this way, though. :)
  • bkhamill
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

I think it's because when I got to my goal weight in January (80 pounds lost!), my stomach shrank so much to where I never get hungry. I do eat plenty of protein when I do eat which does keep my satiated.

Like others have suggested, maybe you could "drink" some calories with calorie dense liquids, your body really needs more than 250 calories (you need at least 1000 - and even more really) You may start to face some real health challenges if you are not able to get more in. Your body will start to burn the muscle to fuel itself, and that is not good at all.