Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I have to admit that part of the frustration is that I'm really ticked off at myself for getting sick in the first place. I've had this disorder for the better part of three years, and living with a chronic disease long-term means you learn how to manage it well (as I'm sure @Italian_Buju can attest to) or you're doomed. I learned all the little nuances and whispers of my body and when to stop and take it easy. But after a six month respite from any sort of flares, I got overconfident and stopped paying attention.

In hindsight, as an ill person, I KNEW and still know that I'm not capable of 60 minutes of stationary bike PLUS 36 flights of stairs PLUS a one hour walk, especially not when I'm fasting, which makes me much more prone to weakness. But I did that TWO DAYS IN A ROW without even thinking about it. So this flare up is all my stupid fault, and I'm pretty mad at me. I'm also mad at my body for not being healthy, which is a common resentment I have that always comes to the fore when I get sick. Stupid body, stupid me, stupid everything. :angry:

Truest statement ever! You try not to let it run your life, but if you forget for a minute it is there, something will happen to remind you!

Exactly! I was sure you'd be able to relate to that. :)

I can relate to this with my celiac disease. Forgetting to ask a question at a new restaurant or not reading every label before I buy something can make me sick for days. :(

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So, since today is national ice cream day, how are we celebrating? ;)

Well, I'm currently eating a big pile of caramel speculoos ice cream, does it count? :p
    that totally counts!!

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I went on a field trip in the fifth grade and we stopped to get lunch at a restaurant. My friend ordered spaghetti and proceeded to just pour on LOTS of ketchup. I was horrified.
    At that age my nephew was famous for eating anything with ketchup on it. His friends like to remind him of the time he ate a piece of wood with ketchup! He's still an 'anything for a dare' type kid, even now at age 19. :#

My cousin horrified my husband when he sat there dipping his German chocolate cake into ketchup. He just couldn't believe it.

That is gross. I have to admit.

That is indeed gross. I am allergic to coconut, but will be sick for real German chocolate cake.

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I have to admit that part of the frustration is that I'm really ticked off at myself for getting sick in the first place. I've had this disorder for the better part of three years, and living with a chronic disease long-term means you learn how to manage it well (as I'm sure @Italian_Buju can attest to) or you're doomed. I learned all the little nuances and whispers of my body and when to stop and take it easy. But after a six month respite from any sort of flares, I got overconfident and stopped paying attention.

In hindsight, as an ill person, I KNEW and still know that I'm not capable of 60 minutes of stationary bike PLUS 36 flights of stairs PLUS a one hour walk, especially not when I'm fasting, which makes me much more prone to weakness. But I did that TWO DAYS IN A ROW without even thinking about it. So this flare up is all my stupid fault, and I'm pretty mad at me. I'm also mad at my body for not being healthy, which is a common resentment I have that always comes to the fore when I get sick. Stupid body, stupid me, stupid everything. :angry:

Truest statement ever! You try not to let it run your life, but if you forget for a minute it is there, something will happen to remind you!

I can relate to this with my celiac disease. Forgetting to ask a question at a new restaurant or not reading every label before I buy something can make me sick for days. :(

YES!!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Home sweet home! I missed you all and hope you haven't forgotten me. It was just too busy too post although I did try and skim through a few pages every night before bed which incidentally was never before midnight.

We had a ball. Tubing, swimming, quadding. A bonfire every night and too much junk food but I did manage to get lots of steps in. My 2 SILs and I walked about 4 miles each morning before anyone got out of bed.

No one has seen me since Christmas and since then I have lost about 37 pounds so I got lots of compliments. One of my nephews didn't recognize me at first lol.

Well I am off to unpack but wanted to check in. I have lots I want to respond too. Maybe I will get to it later. I did want to quickly say glad you are back @Italian_Buju
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

YES!!

On the bright side, my favorite coffee shop started keeping a loaf of GF bread for me. (I bought it and left it in their freezer.) so many people asked for it, that they buy their own now and even let me order mine for home from their distributor. She also makes muffins and always keeps one GF kind made in "Myssi's muffin pan" to avoid cross contamination. I know I can go there and eat safely anytime. And she lets me check her recipes for GF safety and makes substitutions. (And now I want her baked potato salad.)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

YES!!

On the bright side, my favorite coffee shop started keeping a loaf of GF bread for me. (I bought it and left it in their freezer.) so many people asked for it, that they buy their own now and even let me order mine for home from their distributor. She also makes muffins and always keeps one GF kind made in "Myssi's muffin pan" to avoid cross contamination. I know I can go there and eat safely anytime. And she lets me check her recipes for GF safety and makes substitutions. (And now I want her baked potato salad.)

That is fabulous. The BnB we went to last weekend did fresh daily GF baking. It was great. My SO did paleo for awhile prior to meeting me so he had "some" clue and came up to speed quickly when we started dating and he's religious about asking for GF menu and stressing to the wait staff "That She'll EXPLODE" if she gets any gluten. He also cooks for me and is converted to GF pasta when I'm around. I keep GF stuff at his house and he is super great about calling ahead / researching ahead before he takes me to new restaurants. <3
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm still terribly behind, hello from page 1136, but I have a few updates/things I need to get off my chest. This may be long so please bear with me. I won't be offended if you don't read it/care.

SD called Mr. Mo last night in tears because her mom is moving in with her boyfriend and she can't move with them. He told her she always has a place with us (which, believe it or not, I support) but she used the excuse it's too far for her to drive back and forth to work from our house. Mind you, in our city, you can get from one end to the other in around 20 minutes using the highways. Besides, what else does she have to pay for besides gas because she sure in the heck isn't paying for tags/insurance/car payment! (more on that later) Mr. Mo was VERY sympathetic, I was not. We're giving you place (nice) to stay RENT EFFING FREE but you can't afford the gas in a 4 cylinder Kia to drive to and from work?! Give me a break. I wish she'd just come out and say WHY she doesn't want to live with us so she can save up money for her own place.

While we were on vacation, she called him and said she had the money for her tags and would be by last weekend to get the registration/sticker and drop off the money. Well, big surprise, she never showed or called. Fast forward to last night where she has to use the tag money to pay for utilities or something in a friend's house she'll be temporarily staying in. Asinine if you ask me...see above bolded part.

On top of all of this, she tells Mr. Mo that she did end up taking Rory to the humane society but they had to put her down because she attacked a few of the volunteers. I'm sure this was due to being locked in a confined room for several years before coming to stay with us (where she also attacked Mr. Mo a few times). This really sucks because I think with the right family (earlier in life, she was 5) she could have been a great cat.

After Mr. Mo got off the phone with her, he was upset/sad, I was just upset. We tried talking about it, but I just got mad because I'm so sick and tired of her always having an excuse for everything, and the continuation of her taking advantage of her dad, and him letting her because he feels so guilty for not being able to be there for her while she was growing up. He was in tears by the time we were done talking because he just doesn't know what to do. I HATE seeing him cry. It breaks my heart and I will do everything in my power to keep it from happening.

Anyway, I'm not sure how this weekend will go. If she'll show up or not, or if she does, how the talk will go. We need to get this nonsense figured out so we don't end up fighting, or worse, stop talking altogether.

Wow, I am so sorry about all this! Mr. Mo certainly has a lot of patience, cuz I would have been out of this situation by now! There is not a single reason he should to continue to pay for that car!

When my daughter's sister was a hot mess, we did not see her or have any contact with her for many years....I would not let my daughter see her at all.....now she is still a hot mess to regular standards, lol, but I let her come around cuz she is at least trying.....but she knows that if she goes crazy again, don't be coming around here, I do not have the patience for that drama......
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon, I don't know what to say...except that that stinks and I'm so sorry that you guys are STILL dealing with this. I'm sad about the cat too. :(

Yeah, me too, how terrible. They should have her on some kind of a list so she can't adopt again until she is like 40 years old!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 you are wonder woman good luck doing the Iron man!!

It's only a 1/2 but thanks!

Good luck...excited for your update!
    @riderfangal, nothing wrong with new clothes!
    @spacequiztime, hope your shoulder feels better soon!
    Well, now that I'm a little calmer, I think I can update everyone on Raelynn's situation. (( Cliff noting what the doctor said and it's a bit long. ))

-She has been officially and definitely diagnosed with SPD and Anxiety.

-The only treatment for her SPD and (at her age) Anxiety is occupational and behavioral therapy. Unfortunately, we can't afford the therapy, so that can't happen until we get approved for TEFRA (secondary Medicaid for special needs and insurance), but:

-She is being referred to ChildFind (services through the school district), but the county/district we live in is notoriously difficult for getting kids in. We'll have to see what they tell us.

-Doctor also gave us information on some community resources that may be available for us, just depends on if there is anything in Laurens County.

-She scored an 81 on the tests they did yesterday, which puts her right below "average" for her age and development, but the score for "average" runs between an 85-115 (low average-high average) so according to that she's just below which could mean she will be denied TEFRA. Doctor did tell me to be prepared to file an appeal should that happen and she will help us with it.

-She's been having issues with going to sleep for a while now, like fighting sleep and crying at bedtime, and waking up multiple times in a night so we have to start her on melatonin 2 hours before bedtime, because she's so wound up she can't go to sleep (SPD effect). We also have to start her on a fiber regimen, because she has a terrible habit of holding poops (major SPD problem).

-Basically, we have to keep her life as routine and rigid as possible. No potty training, no big changes, just making sure she knows what to expect every day so hopefully it will help alleviate some of her anxiety issues until we can get therapy going. (Needless to say, our plans of "expanding our family" are on hold until further notice since that would obviously be a huge change in her life. Which, if putting that on hold makes her life easier and we can help her, I'm okay with that.)

She's got a long way to go, but we're going to do everything that we can to help her!

This must be so difficult for you. Best if luck getting her the treatment she deserves. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Thank you, Patricia! ❤️

I've had many times where I've just broken down and cried for her, I remember doing that in front of her therapist a few months back before we had to stop it and she hugged me and said "God gives special needs children to special parents for a reason." I always try to remember that when I get depressed or upset about her situation, because God gave me her for a reason, and I know she needs me and her daddy to be strong and help her. :)

I believe this. I always end up with 'special needs' animals. I think they find us.
    I firmly believe this too! We have said so many times that our beloved dachshund wouldn't have lived even half of his years if he hadn't found us for "parents"...he had everything wrong with him and we did so much for him! We joked that he was the million dollar dachshund...his vet file was about 3 inches thick! And our cat, Tater needs insulin shots 2x daily. We need to fill his prescription monthly...$275...every darn month. He knew where to find us! ;) Cats/dogs that need special attention or medication often get turned away...but we could never do it.

Me either. The needier the better. My Oberon had issues practically from the beginning. Lots of people advised me to sell him early on then to retire him in VA, where it was cheaper. No way. I gave him EVERY care he needed until the end. I wasn't able to ride him the last 6 or so years so I just grazed him for hours, groomed him, bathed him and loved him with all my heart. If he had live to 40 instead of 21 that would have continued. He enriched my life every day.

ETA I am not drunk and can't type. :)

<3<3<3
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Guess who can walk today?! :smiley:

Okay, so it's not exactly walking. I can use my walker or lean on Mr. Susie's arm and walk almost normally for short distances, or I can toddle very, very slowly like a baby just learning to walk by myself for very short distances.

Since I could walk a little, we got to go out to Subway for iftar today! :smiley: Now I'm exhausted, but it was nice to get out, even if just for a meal. :)

Also, I was able to stand long enough to weigh myself today, and I've lost 1.1 kilos! That's almost exactly two pounds on the button. That means that I only have 3.1 kilos left to get my Fitbit! That's 6.8 pounds. :)

I am so happy to see that you could at least get around a little easier today. What's your favorite thing to order in Subway? Do you have any things there that are special for Saudi Arabia?

Great job on losing weight. How are you doing on your Fitbit goal?

But I just mentioned it in the same post. :o 3.1 kilos (or 6.8 pounds) left to lose before I earn my Fitbit! :)

Subway has pretty much the same stuff as they do in the U.S., as far as I know, but they're made with all halal-slaughtered meats and no pork. Bacon becomes beef strips, pepperoni is beef, etc. :) They do have jumbo hotdogs in Saudi Arabia though, which they don't have in Oman, along with a Halloumi cheese melt (I hate Halloumi cheese. So rubbery and weird!) and supposedly a kabab one (I've never seen them actually have the kabab one in stock). :)

My two most favorite sandwiches are the steak and cheese and the chicken fajita. I like the steak and cheese the most, but chicken fajita is a close second and I choose it when I don't have as many calories to spare. :) We eat at Subway pretty often because their subs are pretty calorie-friendly compared to the meals available at most other restaurants. Soup and sandwich restaurants (like Tim Hortons, as an example) don't even seem to exist here, whereas there are tons of them in Oman. Which stinks. :-/

Like most places, I eat the same thing every time I go to subway.....steak and cheese on flatbread! If I can make it for breakfast, I LOVE the egg and steak and cheese on flatbread.....SSOOOOOO good!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    SD is here and she actually apologized for not being around. She apologized to me and Mr. Mo. Needless to say, I was shocked. Hopefully, things will be much better going forward. I appreciate everyone's support and advice. I LOVE you guys!

We love you too!! I hope this is the beginning of a change from her.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is really, really bad with names. When referring to this thread and mentioning various people, he (we?) have coined various terms to help him keep track of who I'm talking about. A few of these are:

- The horse lady (@pofoster21)
    - The llama lady (@ythannah)
    - The friendly lady (@LBuehrle8)
    - The cookie-face lady (@spamarie)
    - The Dr. Elmo lady (obviously @nonoelmo)
    - The Mo lady (@MoHousdon)

... Among others. Don't blame me for your new names though... I swear they're his fault! :p

Those are too cute! Good job @mrsusie

I have to start posting more. I want a nickname.

Me too!

Funny but true: I was telling my husband about all the people that said they want to have nicknames too, and mentioned your username as one of them. He was like... "Wait, that's the one with the cowboy hat." I replied, "Umm, cowboy hat? I'm not sure what her display picture is, it isn't very clear..." Then, he said, "I know it has a cowboy hat!"

So, I went through the posts and found yours and clicked on it. Then I was like... "It's her DOG wearing a cowboy hat!" and he was like, "See, cowboy hat!!"

... So I guess you're cowboy hat lady? :D

OK, ok, I skipped by the first few posts about this.....but now I must ask, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 don't worry about keeping up/responding just don't leave us!!!
    Aw, thank you. I'm not going anywhere - sometimes I get overwhelmed about trying to thoroughly read everything and respond to everyone.

Just do what you can...only us OCD folks need to read everything!

You know! Here I am, over on page 1244.....I have made a LOT of head way this weekend, but I am scared to go into the week behind!! I do have Tuesday night home alone though, I am gonna have to make sure I get all my steps in early so I can come home and hang out here for a few hours before bed, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Ok all caught up!

Thank you all for the well wishes! I had an awesome race! It's been raining non stop in Indiana and was misty, grey and rainy the two days we have been here. But today the one day of the race it was sunny and beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

So blow by blow (those not interested please ignore):

First amazingly I forgot nothing! I usually end up forgetting some vital piece of equipment and having to buy it. I had everything I needed for the race (we'll ignore that I forgot enough socks, underwear and warmer clothing for day to day and had to go shopping for those...)

We were a bit late and parking was a mess. We got in on time though and then they pushed back the start 15 min so I had plenty of time to go to the bathroom ( a porta potty...sorry @MoHousdon ) and pull on my wetsuit and drink my last minute energy drinks before heading down for my wave. Ladies 45-49 went off about 7:30.

Swim: the water was gorgeous. It's a reservoir so nice and flat. The water was 72 degrees so wetsuit legal. I don't like wearing a wetsuit as I usually find it constricting but it provides some flotation advantages and speed advantages so is worth it. The water felt plenty warm so that was good.

I normally utterly panic at the start of every swim as you are crowded in with all these people and I am not a great swimmer. Normally I would have about 5 min of utter panic and thinking of getting back out before I calm down and start swimming. No problem today! I just put my head down and went. I found a spot in the chaos pretty quickly and settled into a really good (albeit slow) pace. The next big issue is often sighting. I usually have trouble finding the buoys to keep them in sight and not veer too far off course and add distance today I swam dead on. The trip back was hard as the sun was directly in my eyes but I just tried to follow the swimmers in front of me and stayed pretty on course. I didn't get beat up too bad by the swimmers coming up behind either which is a good thing. Because I am really slow the waves behind me always catch me and if they are age grouper men especially the 35-45 groups they are so obnoxious and will swim right over you, push you aside, etc. Anonymity in the water often breeds bad behavior. It can be scary. This is the worst part for newbies to get used to (it was really scary for me in the beginning of doing triathlon). Made it out in 52 min feeling great. And only a few minutes off my usual trained time.

Took my time in transition. Went to the bathroom. Ate a clif bar. Changed into biking gear and off I went. Bike was equally slow. It's my least liked leg but I chose this race for the "flat" course and flat it was! It was 2 loops and the scenery was beautiful and the weather perfect. I was again incredibly slow and most of the field passed me but hey, I was doing it and not hating every moment so a win all around. My hips and legs were killing me and I composed a lot of status updates in my head to you guys and thought about how cool this thread is and how great it is we have all found each other, etc. it took 3.5 hours so a lot of time to think!

So came in off the bike. My friend got me coming in so when she sends me these pictures I'll share them all in all stages (ugly wetsuit and all!) when I get them. Took my time in transition again and then headed out on run. I was sure I wouldn't be able to run at all after how bad my legs hurt after the bike but amazingly I felt GREAT! I kept thinking I was going to crash and burn so played it safe and ran slowly in the beginning to feel myself out. But rather than falling apart I got stronger and stronger. The time flew, I was passing a ton of women in my age group who blew past me on the bike and each mile improved. By the end I was doing sub 9 min miles and I finished in 2:07 which was amazing with little training and time spent running. I was thrilled. I did walk all water stops and got water and Gatorade and coke but otherwise I ran everything and never felt like I couldn't do it.

I haven't checked my final time or standing in my age group but I don't care. It was probably just under 7 hours, but I was thrilled. With zero training it could have been a disaster. Plus I mentally was in it the whole day and happy, never miserable or wishing I had not done it. So glad I came and plan on getting myself back on track with this training!

My friend was amazing and such a great support team. It's so good to have great friends and composing updates to you guys really kept me going. Thanks again for the well wishes and good lucks!

Sorry for the long post...

Wow, you are so amazing!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Whew it all posted. I did this all on iPad and was afraid after all that it wouldn't all post! I did not want to type that out again.

Oh and I ate a TON afterwards including the s'mores Oreos recommended in this thread (they were ok) and was still way in the green. :)

When I'm posting something super long, I select all the text and copy it before posting. That way, if MFP eats it I just have to paste and try again. :p

I want those calories! Think I can do a tri the day before Eid so I'll be in the green for my peanut butter pie? :p

I do this too. In fact, on my laptop, I often hit something that deletes everything at once, and I type so fast that there is not chance to 'undo' it because there are already other key strokes, so I generally try and copy with each new paragraph.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Am having friends over for dinner. I've just put a plum cake in the oven, and am about to start on an aloo gobi (cauliflower & potato curry). My husband is making his ferocious madras which is way too hot for me!

Just took daughter for another blood test and will call dr for a follow-up appointment this week. She's still weepy and exhausted all the time - something has to be done, this is going on too long.

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekends!

Assuming by now you have updated us on said blood test and how she is?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Seriously, Fitbit? I am reading the directions online for Fitbit & they have What's you'll find in this document? I'm not saying I am a grammatical genius, but you would think a big company like that would at least proofread.
    LOL
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Am having friends over for dinner. I've just put a plum cake in the oven, and am about to start on an aloo gobi (cauliflower & potato curry). My husband is making his ferocious madras which is way too hot for me!

Just took daughter for another blood test and will call dr for a follow-up appointment this week. She's still weepy and exhausted all the time - something has to be done, this is going on too long.

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekends!

Assuming by now you have updated us on said blood test and how she is?
    Nope. Couldn't get an appointment until first week of April. Fortunately she's a bit cheerier this week - she got a job she really wanted and that's given her a big boost. Still very, very tired, but not crying so much, so that's better at least.
    ETA: Oops, not April, August!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I drove 200 miles last night to end my relationships. I talked a lot. Couldn't bring myself to say the words. I didn't think it would be possible for my heart to be so broken again.

I am so incredibly sorry! I hope you are doing alright, and taking care of yourself!

I must ask, and if you do not want to answer just say so,, but why end them both if it is only him that is being an asshat?