Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Confession: When I get on the scale and see 184 pounds, I don't believe it. Even though my size 12 jeans and dress slacks fit COMFORTABLY, I don't believe it.
    I haven't been at this weight in almost 8 years and I just can't believe it. I have only 30 pounds until goal and I just don't believe any of it.

I, as of this morning, am at 184.2 which is 1.2 lbs away from 30 lost. I have a hard time believing it too. It's been so easy this time! I can't remember the last time I weighed in the 180's.

30 pounds is awesome!

Woot! Yay Glinda! 30 lbs is a huge accomplishment, you are so close!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I did not enjoy the apple pie one, and it kind of broke my heart.

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Has anyone tried their protein powders yet? If so, what do you think of them?

http://blog.questnutrition.com/category/recipes/

Holy macaroni face! I am trying this:

http://blog.questnutrition.com/quest-nutrition-cookie-dough-vanilla-cupcakes/

Those bars are so expensive I can't believe people would actually plan to use them as ingredients in other recipes! Well, maybe if you bought a bad one, like the Pledge flavor.

They're expensive, but so worth it! The best time to buy them is Black Friday usually on the Quest website. Since I have a GNC Gold Card I am not sure if it would be cheaper to buy them on there?

I tried the Mint Chocolate Chunk bar & it's really good warm, but my all time favorite is still the White Chocolate Raspberry.

I find them at Vitacost.com for cheaper than GNC, even gold member price.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Here are a few pictures from my anniversary trip.

This is me and Mr. Mo. He is my everything.

so lovely! great pics! :)
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'm so sorry :( I hope the flare is a short one and you get to feeling better soon :(

@orangesmartie That's such an awesome attitude! Today is a new day and it's going to be great! I am jealous- I want to go to Nashville! lol not sure about the running (I run like an arthritic tortoise) but the rest sounds awesome.

AFM, it was a whirlwind weekend. I have Insulin Resistance and I'm hypoglycemic. If I eat like I'm supposed to (very strict, controlled diet) I can maintain my weight. Eat less, and I'll lose. Eat a bit of sugar, I get sick for half a day. I'm not kidding, either- an entire chocolate chip cookie is enough to have me on the couch for a few hours :( I eat ice cream or gelato by 1 tbsp and that's it and I'll still feel weird after unless I down water. Can't really eat fruit, unless it's a couple berries. I've learned to adjust and it's hard to own a home bakery when I want to taste everything but I've learned not to. I also scaled back my business.

My mom was watching oldest DS for us on July 4th, so when we went to pick him up yesterday, we grilled chicken and vegs for her as a "thank you". She had made two desserts and basically guilt tripped me into eating a bite of each. A regular forkful sized bite of each. I still don't feel right. I'm so bloated my pants don't fit well, my stomach is heaving, and I have a pounding headache. I'm mad at myself for not sticking to my guns.

But...in great news, we were approved to adopt the dog! She's coming up here on Saturday!! SO excited! We got some supplies and DH is actually getting excited, too. Her foster mom keeps sending me pics and it's making me so anxious to see her!

Ugh, I hope you feel better! You would think your mom understands how bloated & sick you get from eating sugar.

Happy to hear that you were approved to adopt the dog.

What's funny is she's diabetic, so she should understand. Her dose of Metformin is too high though but she doesn't go get it changed, because it allows her to eat a LOT of fruits and sweets (to counteract the Metformin). I tell her she's the worst diabetic ever.

This made me cringe a bit.....that is a dangerous cycle. My mother was the worse diabetic ever also, and she lost her leg, had bad cateracts and heart failure. I know another girl that has only been diabetic ten years, and she does not take care of herself properly, and has lost all the toes on one foot (it was a miracle they could save the foot!), and is now going blind. I know another girl that eats junk like nobody's business and takes her meds when she wants, she had a MAJOR heart attack in her late 20's. Those girls are both T2's. In all seriousness, if you have the ability, I would tell her DR about that, so he can cut it back.
    My dad is a pretty bad diabetic. He pretty much eats the same portions as he used to, coke, fried cheese tacos (he eats this at least a few times a week), pan dulce, and food from whatever restaurant they went to. He even makes himself sick enough to throw up.

The family has tried to help him but he doesn't care.

Confession: I am getting seriously frustrated with the number of diabetics who neglect to realize that it is a serious condition that requires you to take action to obtain/maintain your health.
    This REALLY angers me because I know that later, when they lose a foot or their eyesight, they will complain and claim that 'the world' did this to them. When really they have done it to themselves by not taking better care of their bodies and making better choices.

I also feel badly about judging people like this but I just don't handle the whole 'woe is me' crap when it was within their power to change before things got really bad.

It's taken MONTHS but I finally have my sister taking better care of herself and making better diet choices. I am ashamed that I had to resort to some scare tactics but I love her and her life is at stake!

I am glad to hear that! Just for the record though, even with good control and steady blood sugars, such things as losing a foot, organ failure or going blind still can happen! You can keep it at bay for many many years, but sadly, the end result is usually the same.

Yep, my mom and her issues scares me but she literally will not listen. I personally think she is depressed and self medicates with sweets (not judging, just saying) and justifies it because her A1C is always fine. Well yeah, your Metformin is way too frickin' high, of course your numbers are ok for now! But what happens 10 years from now?!

I have IR and I'm pre-diabetic which is partly why I am so strict about my carb counts and why something as simple as a skinny caramel macchiato (with only 30 g carbs) can make me feel weird. I am scared that I could get T2D and I am going to do everything I can to not encourage having it. If I do, then you better believe I will test regularly, watch my numbers like a hawk and follow everything the endocrinologist says. I see one now, and I test periodically, but I'm not required to do so, just "strongly recommended". I just do it because I want to be UNlike my mother.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I had a body comp scan done yesterday in conjunction with a research study at the Univ of Arkansas. I'm still processing the results, but in a nutshell- My bone density is good (she said at expected degeneration rate I could make it to 100 without getting osteoporosis.) My body fat % is higher than I would like (32.8%), but not bad for my age. I'm debating on whether I should try to drop another few lbs. At my lowest weight (which I haven't seen in a few months- I'm hovering about 5 lbs over that), I'm at the high end of healthy for my height (5'2.25")

I want one of those SOOOO bad!

My initial motivation for lifting was to build/maintain bone density and I'd really love to know if I'm actually accomplishing that. Every single female ancestor of mine, both sides of the family, has had osteoporosis and I have most of the risk factors.

At this point I'd also like to know if I'm growing any significant muscle (as opposed to just stripping fat).

You are Canadian, right? Just ask your DR to send you for one, lol.

Yup. I had a bone density scan done in my mid-30s because of my high osteoporosis risk but all they did was some kind of Xray-ish imaging of my hip area, and the only result reported to me was basically pass/fail (I passed).

I don't think there is DEXA scanning available near me... and I don' think OHIP would pick up the tab for full body composition scanning :D

My bad, I actually thought you meant a bone density scan!

I was thinking, I get one done every year, why can't she get one, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @riderfangal, Welcome back and awesome loss!
    @pofoster21, your fridge! Omg, haha!
    @ShibaEars, I love that you brought popcorn for a snack! Ha!
    @Tubbs216, best wishes on the results of your daughter's blood test!
    @FroggyBug, hopefully it's not "too late" like you think...and the counseling will work! Also, 61 pounds is great! Congrats!
    @Italian_Buju, That's awesome that your boss ordered the mixer for you! The texture of the pb cookies with stevia were a bit crumbly...but it was fine for me. Because I can go a bit overboard on eating baked goods..I'd rather cut the calories back with the stevia and put up with a not so great texture..taste was fine though! :)
    Now I remember Abi-Maria didn't I didn't like her! Why would they want her back!? Also...dill pickle chip dip sounds pretty awesome! Feel free to post that recipe in the batcave recipe thread! ;)
    @riderfangal, Welcome back and awesome loss!
    @pofoster21, your fridge! Omg, haha!
    @ShibaEars, I love that you brought popcorn for a snack! Ha!
    @Tubbs216, best wishes on the results of your daughter's blood test!
    @FroggyBug, hopefully it's not "too late" like you think...and the counseling will work! Also, 61 pounds is great! Congrats!
    @Italian_Buju, That's awesome that your boss ordered the mixer for you! The texture of the pb cookies with stevia were a bit crumbly...but it was fine for me. Because I can go a bit overboard on eating baked goods..I'd rather cut the calories back with the stevia and put up with a not so great texture..taste was fine though! :)
    Now I remember Abi-Maria didn't I didn't like her! Why would they want her back!? Also...dill pickle chip dip sounds pretty awesome! Feel free to post that recipe in the batcave recipe thread! ;)

I will do that tonight, once I finally make it in there, and catch up in there, lol.
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I have to admit that part of the frustration is that I'm really ticked off at myself for getting sick in the first place. I've had this disorder for the better part of three years, and living with a chronic disease long-term means you learn how to manage it well (as I'm sure @Italian_Buju can attest to) or you're doomed. I learned all the little nuances and whispers of my body and when to stop and take it easy. But after a six month respite from any sort of flares, I got overconfident and stopped paying attention.

In hindsight, as an ill person, I KNEW and still know that I'm not capable of 60 minutes of stationary bike PLUS 36 flights of stairs PLUS a one hour walk, especially not when I'm fasting, which makes me much more prone to weakness. But I did that TWO DAYS IN A ROW without even thinking about it. So this flare up is all my stupid fault, and I'm pretty mad at me. I'm also mad at my body for not being healthy, which is a common resentment I have that always comes to the fore when I get sick. Stupid body, stupid me, stupid everything. :angry:

Truest statement ever! You try not to let it run your life, but if you forget for a minute it is there, something will happen to remind you!

Exactly! I was sure you'd be able to relate to that. :)

I can relate to this with my celiac disease. Forgetting to ask a question at a new restaurant or not reading every label before I buy something can make me sick for days. :(

YES!!

On the bright side, my favorite coffee shop started keeping a loaf of GF bread for me. (I bought it and left it in their freezer.) so many people asked for it, that they buy their own now and even let me order mine for home from their distributor. She also makes muffins and always keeps one GF kind made in "Myssi's muffin pan" to avoid cross contamination. I know I can go there and eat safely anytime. And she lets me check her recipes for GF safety and makes substitutions. (And now I want her baked potato salad.)

That is fabulous. The BnB we went to last weekend did fresh daily GF baking. It was great. My SO did paleo for awhile prior to meeting me so he had "some" clue and came up to speed quickly when we started dating and he's religious about asking for GF menu and stressing to the wait staff "That She'll EXPLODE" if she gets any gluten. He also cooks for me and is converted to GF pasta when I'm around. I keep GF stuff at his house and he is super great about calling ahead / researching ahead before he takes me to new restaurants. <3

the super great dude has celiacs and i'm really concerned about accidentally poisoning him :/

My stepmother-in-law has it too and I am just very, very careful when I cook. All of my cookware, utensils, etc get another wash and dry with a clean dishcloth and towel (and the plates and eating utensils get a fresh cycle in the dishwasher) right before I use anything, I Google every ingredient and brand (and I try to do everything from scratch so that I don't miss something gluten-containing in the ingredients list of more processed foods), and I won't cook anything that's not GF at the same time (if she's coming over, we all get gluten-free everything, period.) It might be overcautious but I really want her to be able to come over for dinner without worrying about feeling bad later. My husband is very, very allergic to peanuts so I know the drill with cross-contamination and I don't take chances.
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I have to admit that part of the frustration is that I'm really ticked off at myself for getting sick in the first place. I've had this disorder for the better part of three years, and living with a chronic disease long-term means you learn how to manage it well (as I'm sure @Italian_Buju can attest to) or you're doomed. I learned all the little nuances and whispers of my body and when to stop and take it easy. But after a six month respite from any sort of flares, I got overconfident and stopped paying attention.

In hindsight, as an ill person, I KNEW and still know that I'm not capable of 60 minutes of stationary bike PLUS 36 flights of stairs PLUS a one hour walk, especially not when I'm fasting, which makes me much more prone to weakness. But I did that TWO DAYS IN A ROW without even thinking about it. So this flare up is all my stupid fault, and I'm pretty mad at me. I'm also mad at my body for not being healthy, which is a common resentment I have that always comes to the fore when I get sick. Stupid body, stupid me, stupid everything. :angry:

Truest statement ever! You try not to let it run your life, but if you forget for a minute it is there, something will happen to remind you!

Exactly! I was sure you'd be able to relate to that. :)

I can relate to this with my celiac disease. Forgetting to ask a question at a new restaurant or not reading every label before I buy something can make me sick for days. :(

YES!!

On the bright side, my favorite coffee shop started keeping a loaf of GF bread for me. (I bought it and left it in their freezer.) so many people asked for it, that they buy their own now and even let me order mine for home from their distributor. She also makes muffins and always keeps one GF kind made in "Myssi's muffin pan" to avoid cross contamination. I know I can go there and eat safely anytime. And she lets me check her recipes for GF safety and makes substitutions. (And now I want her baked potato salad.)

That is fabulous. The BnB we went to last weekend did fresh daily GF baking. It was great. My SO did paleo for awhile prior to meeting me so he had "some" clue and came up to speed quickly when we started dating and he's religious about asking for GF menu and stressing to the wait staff "That She'll EXPLODE" if she gets any gluten. He also cooks for me and is converted to GF pasta when I'm around. I keep GF stuff at his house and he is super great about calling ahead / researching ahead before he takes me to new restaurants. <3

the super great dude has celiacs and i'm really concerned about accidentally poisoning him :/

Ask him for help. He will appreciate it. :) seriously, I am a PITA to cook for, but my immediate family and my sweet friend Susie at the coffee shop have learned. And I have three church friends with celiac so we each take a course for potlucks...Kellie makes awesome appetizers, Jeanette does a GF pasta bake, Alice makes a salad of some sort and I make dessert. :) you'll get there...

these are all great ideas, (and not overwhelming!) thank you!
    paying attention and nott just being haphazard about everything is going to make all the difference i think.
    it's also probably about time i started paying more attention to the details of what i'm stuffing my face with anyways ;)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Man, I had a rough day today!

First off I could not fall asleep last night to save my life, it was at least 3:30am when I finally slept.

Then today, like less than half an hour after I get to work a lady a vaguely know (she lives down the hall, but have had limited contact), is in my store and as she gets up to me, she is shaking really badly. She is pregnant, I would say about six months along. I ask her if she is ok, and she says she is not feeling well, and thinks she just peed herself. Her pants were soaked, her water broke for sure. Right as this happens, she literally starts going down. I got her on the chair, and we called 911. She was freaking out, she kept saying "it's way too early".

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there! They did not even have their lights on or anything! My boss said because she was not in pain, when we were talking about it after. Ok, fine, she was not in pain, but she was pregnant, about half way through, and her water broke, hurry up!

That messed me up for hours, I was like spaced out or something. I feel terrible for her!

Then my boss and I had a disagreement and while it was not a fight and is not a huge deal, it made for an uncomfortable afternoon.

After that, the girl that is supposed to relieve me calls in sick....and she never calls in so I know she is sick, but my boss could not find anyone to cover. She was gonna call in one of my co-workers that works two jobs and NEVER gets a day off, was out for a walk earlier in the day and mentioned that she was off. So, for the second time this month, I offered to stay extra to avoid her having to come in. The first problem is that my feet and bladder were unprepared for that extra half shift, because I did not pace myself at the beginning of the shift.....my feet have their own heartbeat now and I almost didn't make it home in time to pee!

Now, it is 10:30, the time I usually go to bed during the week, and here I am, eating dinner. That is the second problem.....ugh.

I am feeling overwhelmed, and have a busy week ahead of me. I must pace myself. If I do not make it to the gym tomorrow, I am ok with that, as long as I get my steps in. I can't do much more there than walk on the treadmill and track anyway, as I do not have my appointment for a reboot on the weigh equipment until Thursday.

I have to go for the first of two sets of tests on my legs tomorrow checking the blood flow. When I am mapping the day out in my head, I keep thinking of the wrong medical building......I am hoping I do not make that mistake tomorrow....

@Italian_Buju thank goodness you were there for that lady. I hope her and the baby are okay. That's really scary. I'm sorry you had to work an extra shift yesterday, but why did you have to wait until you got home to pee? If I couldn't pee at work, I'd be in BIG trouble. FWIW, I hope today goes better.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon I'm going to Dewey's pizza for dinner tonight I'll be joining you later in the feeling ill group- totes worth it!!

No, no! Go to Hound Dogs so I can live vicariously through you! (Yeah I know this was last week but I'm really behind and reading a couple pages today every time I need a break :) )

Mmm Hound Dogs, so good! Last time SO was in town I took him there as pizza is one of his favorites!

I just assumed this was a hot dog joint...

• KylerJaye
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I confess I can't help but giggle as I watch my neighbor through the window as he scrapes his shoe on the pavement and grass. I'm assuming he stepped in dog poo. I shouldn't laugh because it's the worst when that happens...and I'll probably jinx myself and step in some later while out walking;

Due to all this peanut butter talk, I'm now craving some. Has anyone ever made peanut butter cookies using the recipe of just pb, egg, and sugar? I think it's one cup pb, one egg, and one cup sugar? Also, if so..how long and what temperature..and are they good?

All the time. Love them . Better with brown sugar. 350 F 9 minutes. You're welcome.

ETA: I apologize for enabling the peanut butter baking on a diet forum.

I wonder if it would work with Splenda brown sugar? Anyone tried that?

Awesome! Thanks! I was hoping to use Stevia too...I know a lot of people hate the taste, but that's all I use. Hmm, how bad could it be?
    Btw- I don't keep a lot of baking/sweet ingredients in the house like brown sugar, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, honey..etc. It can be very dangerous when I get a craving and those things are available.

Did you make them with Stevia? How did it turn out?

I have an entire cupboard plus a shelf in my walk in pantry full of baking stuff....I can literally make nearly anything without needing to buy anything.....

I bake nearly every Sunday during the school year.

BTW: I have been wanting a standing mixer for many years, but they are so much money and I could never justify spending it on that......today my boss told me she saved up her points for a while (long story, she gets them from work), and has ordered me one. I am thrilled and so thankful!

i was initially going to say check on ebay, i got mine there with an awesome deal. but then OMG, that is FANTASTIC!!
    awesome for you!! :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

First off I could not fall asleep last night to save my life, it was at least 3:30am when I finally slept.

Then today, like less than half an hour after I get to work a lady a vaguely know (she lives down the hall, but have had limited contact), is in my store and as she gets up to me, she is shaking really badly. She is pregnant, I would say about six months along. I ask her if she is ok, and she says she is not feeling well, and thinks she just peed herself. Her pants were soaked, her water broke for sure. Right as this happens, she literally starts going down. I got her on the chair, and we called 911. She was freaking out, she kept saying "it's way too early".

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there! They did not even have their lights on or anything! My boss said because she was not in pain, when we were talking about it after. Ok, fine, she was not in pain, but she was pregnant, about half way through, and her water broke, hurry up!

That messed me up for hours, I was like spaced out or something. I feel terrible for her!

Then my boss and I had a disagreement and while it was not a fight and is not a huge deal, it made for an uncomfortable afternoon.

After that, the girl that is supposed to relieve me calls in sick....and she never calls in so I know she is sick, but my boss could not find anyone to cover. She was gonna call in one of my co-workers that works two jobs and NEVER gets a day off, was out for a walk earlier in the day and mentioned that she was off. So, for the second time this month, I offered to stay extra to avoid her having to come in. The first problem is that my feet and bladder were unprepared for that extra half shift, because I did not pace myself at the beginning of the shift.....my feet have their own heartbeat now and I almost didn't make it home in time to pee!

Now, it is 10:30, the time I usually go to bed during the week, and here I am, eating dinner. That is the second problem.....ugh.

I am feeling overwhelmed, and have a busy week ahead of me. I must pace myself. If I do not make it to the gym tomorrow, I am ok with that, as long as I get my steps in. I can't do much more there than walk on the treadmill and track anyway, as I do not have my appointment for a reboot on the weigh equipment until Thursday.

I have to go for the first of two sets of tests on my legs tomorrow checking the blood flow. When I am mapping the day out in my head, I keep thinking of the wrong medical building......I am hoping I do not make that mistake tomorrow....

@Italian_Buju thank goodness you were there for that lady. I hope her and the baby are okay. That's really scary. I'm sorry you had to work an extra shift yesterday, but why did you have to wait until you got home to pee? If I couldn't pee at work, I'd be in BIG trouble. FWIW, I hope today goes better.

I talked about this early in the thread.....but I have MAJOR issues using a toilet that is not my own. There are lots of days that I will work ten hours, and even go grocery shopping after that, and not pee until I get home. My body just will not allow it, most of the time. So, I know how to pace myself with drinking when I am not able to go. But at the beginning of the day, I was pacing for several hours earlier, lol.

Oddly, there are certain toilets I can use, there are two at the Y, and one at my foot clinic (they keep a shelf of cleaning supplies right in there, like they knew I was coming, lol), I have no idea WHY my brain allows me to use those ones, but I can, however, I do wipe them down first. Every three months I get a full panel of labs done at my DRs office, and they know I won't do a urine test there, so every time, they give me the cup for the next time and I just use it at home before coming in for the blood work.

If I am having a day that I cannot make it at work for sure, which happens a couple of times a year, I literally close the place down, lock it up, and go scrub the toilet before using it. Even if I am at someone's house, I generally will not use the bathroom, unless I really need to, and then will wash it down also. It just creeps me out to sit my bare *kitten* on something someone else's bare *kitten* was on, lol.

Ok, guys, I need some opinions please. I am leaving now to go for my test and run some errands, but obviously will check later when I am back.....when is it too soon to go knock on the ladies door and ask if she is alright? I have been thinking about her almost non stop, but I do not really know her more than a passing hello, and I am not sure if that would be creepy or not.....
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words and happy wishes!!!
    i'm really excited about this dude! :)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I feel ill now from my food intake so far today.

What I've had:
    3 zucchini bars with cream cheese frosting (not logged in my diary :blush: )
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    1 bite of a subpar donut (threw the rest in the garbage)
    6 baby carrots
    3 small florets of cauliflower
    1 serving of ranch dip
    1 24 oz. venti Starbucks black sweet tea (my new summer obsession)
    1 peanut butter supreme Quest Bar
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water
    Did you think we wouldn't notice??

I was wondering the same thing. I mean... a girl's gotta have her protein, but this seems extreme. @MoHousdon - stop stealing your dog's food. Or taking dares at work. :wink:

Do you all seriously NOT know what puppy chow is?! It's Chex cereal with powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted chocolate chips. I don't make a habit of eating puppy food. I only did that when I was 5 and my brother made me.

I have never heard of that before.....just for the record, this knowledge did not seem to make it any less funny to me....why would they call it THAT, of all things?

I have no idea, and I don't really care what it's called because it is deliciously addictive. It's also referred to as Muddy Buddies.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    This isn't a confession, just a sharing of sorts.

I had the BEST weekend.

We did in fact get the house clean Saturday (minus our bedroom and bathroom) and I feel so much less stressed now. The food was incredible and I even got to spend some much needed time with my best friend. I got to experience grilled pineapple for the first time and it is heavenly. I would highly recommend it if you haven't tried it. I would suggest coating it in cinnamon and brown sugar. Seriously...HEAVENLY.

Yesterday, we overslept so didn't make it to church, but it was nice to sleep in. We lied in bed almost all day watching Netflix and cuddling. o:) Around 5 or so, we got up and got dressed and went to Mooyah's for dinner because I had some gift cards to use. It was incredibly yummy. Mr. Mo had the turkey burger (which I tried and it was delicious. I will be getting that next time) and I had the bacon cheeseburger. I look forward to going again.

Afterwards, we went to the store to pick up a few things and then headed back home. I changed back into my jammies and Mr. Mo made a pound cake since we had strawberries and pineapple left over but only 1 piece of cake left from the night before. After the cake went into the over, he made us a bowl of strawberries, and pineapple pound cake with vanilla bean ice cream to share. I did not log it. Oops.

We finished OITNB (Boo, Piper) and started watching Breaking Bad. We are on season 2 episode 3 already and just started watching yesterday afternoon. What an incredibly well done show!

It was an incredible weekend that was not only fun, but very productive. I am looking forward to spending the week with my honey since Rachael is in Alabama with my mom and stepdad.

Sorry so long, but I just had to share!

Glad you had such a wonderful weekend! I can't imagine staying in bed until 5, I start to ache, unless I am totally sick. But then again.... I am not married to the incredible Mr. Mo!

He's worth staying in bed for! :blush:

• KylerJaye
    Options
    currently doing the 20 page catch up, in the meantime....

post date update!

ok, so i met the really nice dude for the first time on 7/9.
    since that thursday, i have literally spent some time of every day with him. ranging from two hours, to entire days.
    it's been absolutely amazing.

there was a slight hiccup on friday, where apparently he had had a panic attack on wednesday and didn't tell me. and the reason he didn't tell me is because the panic attack was from him getting freaked out that what we've been doing must be too good to be true, the shoe was going to drop and he was going to be crushed. he thought he ruined the potential of us having a relationship by letting things go too far too fast and was just overwhelmed by the whole thing. (which i actually think is pretty darn precious, just wish the poor dude didn't have to have a panic attack over it). so on friday, he was trying to reel things back a bit and to me it was like, oh and he's the rejection i've been expecting!

but then amazingly, on saturday, and then some more on sunday, we completely talked through everything. and he never got angry, or defensive, or stormed off (which was 97% of any discussion from my previous relationship). we came to a mutual conclusion on going forward and how we wanted to keep going forward. it was kinda awesome.

like really awesome. super great even ;)

and now he's determined to help me get my house done. my place has been in a constant state of "under construction" since i bought it. the ex wasn't exactly carpentry savvy, or motivated, so nothing was ever finished. lots and lots of starts, nothing finished. so yesterday we spent the whole day working on the dining room that still had naked walls and exposed insulation. one of the things he said while we were working that just totally made me melt was "just so you know, we're going to be eating dinner in here before the end of this week. this will be done" *sqee!*

yeah i'm pretty sure i've decided to keep him :D

So awesome! And you didn't even have to kiss THAT many frogs!

right?! and honestly that kinda freaks me out; he was only the sixth dude i met in person!
    but i'm trying really hard not to overthink it and just let it go where it goes. :)
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options

What I've had:
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    6 baby carrots
    1 serving of ranch dip
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water

I was wondering the same thing. I mean... a girl's gotta have her protein, but this seems extreme. @MoHousdon - stop stealing your dog's food. Or taking dares at work. :wink:

Do you all seriously NOT know what puppy chow is?! It's Chex cereal with powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted chocolate chips. I don't make a habit of eating puppy food. I only did that when I was 5 and my brother made me.

I have never heard of that before.....just for the record, this knowledge did not seem to make it any less funny to me....why would they call it THAT, of all things?

I have no idea, and I don't really care what it's called because it is deliciously addictive. It's also referred to as Muddy Buddies.

We call it Puppy Chow here, too, and mine is super awesome. DS loves shaking the bag to coat the sugar on it. I think the trick is slightly more peanut butter so it's stickier and the powdered sugar sticks better.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    This isn't a confession, just a sharing of sorts.

I had the BEST weekend.

We did in fact get the house clean Saturday (minus our bedroom and bathroom) and I feel so much less stressed now. The food was incredible and I even got to spend some much needed time with my best friend. I got to experience grilled pineapple for the first time and it is heavenly. I would highly recommend it if you haven't tried it. I would suggest coating it in cinnamon and brown sugar. Seriously...HEAVENLY.

Yesterday, we overslept so didn't make it to church, but it was nice to sleep in. We lied in bed almost all day watching Netflix and cuddling. o:) Around 5 or so, we got up and got dressed and went to Mooyah's for dinner because I had some gift cards to use. It was incredibly yummy. Mr. Mo had the turkey burger (which I tried and it was delicious. I will be getting that next time) and I had the bacon cheeseburger. I look forward to going again.

Afterwards, we went to the store to pick up a few things and then headed back home. I changed back into my jammies and Mr. Mo made a pound cake since we had strawberries and pineapple left over but only 1 piece of cake left from the night before. After the cake went into the over, he made us a bowl of strawberries, and pineapple pound cake with vanilla bean ice cream to share. I did not log it. Oops.

We finished OITNB (Boo, Piper) and started watching Breaking Bad. We are on season 2 episode 3 already and just started watching yesterday afternoon. What an incredibly well done show!

It was an incredible weekend that was not only fun, but very productive. I am looking forward to spending the week with my honey since Rachael is in Alabama with my mom and stepdad.

Sorry so long, but I just had to share!

What a nice day!!

I loved Breaking Bad, I watched the whole thing in less than a month last year!! You will happy to know the ending did not suck, which I find happens a lot with good shows!

This makes me happy. I hate it when they ruin perfectly good shows by doing a crap ending. We're over halfway through season 2 now.

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

That is a rough day. Too long and stressful. I hope that you get some time off soon. It seems like you work so hard. I hope the leg tests go okay. Hang in there!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.
  • KylerJaye
    Options

What I've had:
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    6 baby carrots
    1 serving of ranch dip
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water

they're muddy buddies here and i have to consciously STAY AWAY from the chex pre-made bags they sell. i made my own batch once and they barely lasted the weekend... so yummy!