Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So I didn't want to say anything before I went on holidays but I dropped into "Onederland" by a half pound. I didn't want to jinx it because I was scared I wa sgoing to be back in the 2's when I got home but...Yay I stayed under

Welcome back!!! We DID miss you. Congrats on your victory there! I got into the 170's this weekend for the first time in years.... I didn't log it the first day because I thought it was a fluke (I was fasting for some blood work). But then it stuck the next day AND today. YAY!

Thank you so much. The still not so self confident me was just a teeny bit worried you all would forget about me

Congrats on getting into the 70s. That is fantastic!

No, we definitely didn't :smile:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I brought popcorn for a snack today :naughty:

Who hates the smell of popcorn??!!!

That's what I was wondering!
    peleroja wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

I love you! This is great! Think she got it?

I don't know, but I really hope the smell wafted over to her desk lol
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'll catch up properly tomorrow - today's been busy.

I wanted to update again about my daughter. My friend, who's known my daughter since she was born, pointed out that she thought my daughter's jaw/face was looking a bit puffy and that this could be an indicator of a thyroid problem. I googled and sure enough it seems that hypothyroidism and anemia do frequently go together, and many of the symptoms are similar. :( I feel sad for her if this is the case. Fortunately the doctor did order a thyroid test as part of the recent bloodwork that was taken, so we'll see if anything comes out of that.

That sucks. But at least (in my understanding anyway) hypothyroidism is fairly easy to treat. Hope they find out and find a way to make her feel better!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Who hates the smell of popcorn??!!!

That's what I was wondering!

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I agree with this, very much!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Eve53 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

I confess that this morning I got up at around 5:30 AM to get a shower & after putting Herbal Essence 2 in 1 in my hair I almost put body wash in my hair.

I also confess that some days I forget to wear deodorant to work.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 don't worry about keeping up/responding just don't leave us!!!
    Aw, thank you. I'm not going anywhere - sometimes I get overwhelmed about trying to thoroughly read everything and respond to everyone.

Just do what you can...only us OCD folks need to read everything!

You know! Here I am, over on page 1244.....I have made a LOT of head way this weekend, but I am scared to go into the week behind!! I do have Tuesday night home alone though, I am gonna have to make sure I get all my steps in early so I can come home and hang out here for a few hours before bed, lol.

I know how you feel. I have about 2 days I am still not caught up on that I MUST read. It was my plan for tonight but a colicky horse stopped that. I didn't get home til after 11 and I was too tired to even go get my McDonald's ice cream for national ice cream day. I am allowing myself a rain check.

I hope horse is doing much better. Is it? I hope you are ok too.

Last I heard he was doing better, thanks for asking. I did manage to get my rain check on my way home from yoga and I admit I still LOVE McDonald's ice cream cones (remember, don't judge me). BTW, the horse isn't mine, he is another boarder, but I happened to catch that he wasn't feeling well and I was the only one there so took care of him til my trainer determined she needed to call the vet. They ended up being there most of the night/day and he developed a fever, but at about 5 pm when I asked last I heard he had pooped and was doing better.

Glad he's doing better! It's so hard to see any animal suffering.

I haven't had McDonald's ice cream in a long time, but I love it too so no judgment here :smile:
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Tonight I am SPAMKILLER Hear Me Roar!!
    (Seriously, when is MFP going to put in a decent filter? There really is a ridiculous amount.)

Oh no what did I do?

Just messing, I'm a different kind of Spam.
    Ah, are you 'Spam Arie'? I always read it as 'Spa Marie'!

Well technically I'm Spam-Marie but my brothers call me Spam for short. Aren't brothers nice?

I am part of the Spa-Marie camp. I could never quite figure out what that meant overall but didn't worry about it too much. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Eve53 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

I confess that this morning I got up at around 5:30 AM to get a shower & after putting Herbal Essence 2 in 1 in my hair I almost put body wash in my hair.

I also confess that some days I forget to wear deodorant to work.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 don't worry about keeping up/responding just don't leave us!!!
    Aw, thank you. I'm not going anywhere - sometimes I get overwhelmed about trying to thoroughly read everything and respond to everyone.

Just do what you can...only us OCD folks need to read everything!

You know! Here I am, over on page 1244.....I have made a LOT of head way this weekend, but I am scared to go into the week behind!! I do have Tuesday night home alone though, I am gonna have to make sure I get all my steps in early so I can come home and hang out here for a few hours before bed, lol.

I know how you feel. I have about 2 days I am still not caught up on that I MUST read. It was my plan for tonight but a colicky horse stopped that. I didn't get home til after 11 and I was too tired to even go get my McDonald's ice cream for national ice cream day. I am allowing myself a rain check.

I hope horse is doing much better. Is it? I hope you are ok too.

Last I heard he was doing better, thanks for asking. I did manage to get my rain check on my way home from yoga and I admit I still LOVE McDonald's ice cream cones (remember, don't judge me). BTW, the horse isn't mine, he is another boarder, but I happened to catch that he wasn't feeling well and I was the only one there so took care of him til my trainer determined she needed to call the vet. They ended up being there most of the night/day and he developed a fever, but at about 5 pm when I asked last I heard he had pooped and was doing better.

Glad he's doing better! It's so hard to see any animal suffering.

I haven't had McDonald's ice cream in a long time, but I love it too so no judgment here :smile:

So do I, I didn't know that it was a bad thing... :p It's obviously not the best ice cream out there, but I think it tastes quite nice!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    (Seriously, when is MFP going to put in a decent filter? There really is a ridiculous amount.)

Oh no what did I do?

Me too!

Me too!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you're doing ok. We missed you yesterday!

I second this!

I third this.

Thanks everyone. I've just been going through some depression and haven't been feeling particularly social. My FND flared back up and I can't walk much today. I've also messed up my calories every single day for the past week and a half. Sigh. God knows if I'm ever going to earn that Fitbit now.

You will get there! I almost posted last night I thought you were missing yesterday... but then I was so busy jumping all over the place to catch up didn't want to be caught saying I didn't see you...and you were there!

Feel better!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Man, I had a rough day today!

First off I could not fall asleep last night to save my life, it was at least 3:30am when I finally slept.

Then today, like less than half an hour after I get to work a lady a vaguely know (she lives down the hall, but have had limited contact), is in my store and as she gets up to me, she is shaking really badly. She is pregnant, I would say about six months along. I ask her if she is ok, and she says she is not feeling well, and thinks she just peed herself. Her pants were soaked, her water broke for sure. Right as this happens, she literally starts going down. I got her on the chair, and we called 911. She was freaking out, she kept saying "it's way too early".

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there! They did not even have their lights on or anything! My boss said because she was not in pain, when we were talking about it after. Ok, fine, she was not in pain, but she was pregnant, about half way through, and her water broke, hurry up!

That messed me up for hours, I was like spaced out or something. I feel terrible for her!

Then my boss and I had a disagreement and while it was not a fight and is not a huge deal, it made for an uncomfortable afternoon.

After that, the girl that is supposed to relieve me calls in sick....and she never calls in so I know she is sick, but my boss could not find anyone to cover. She was gonna call in one of my co-workers that works two jobs and NEVER gets a day off, was out for a walk earlier in the day and mentioned that she was off. So, for the second time this month, I offered to stay extra to avoid her having to come in. The first problem is that my feet and bladder were unprepared for that extra half shift, because I did not pace myself at the beginning of the shift.....my feet have their own heartbeat now and I almost didn't make it home in time to pee!

Now, it is 10:30, the time I usually go to bed during the week, and here I am, eating dinner. That is the second problem.....ugh.

I am feeling overwhelmed, and have a busy week ahead of me. I must pace myself. If I do not make it to the gym tomorrow, I am ok with that, as long as I get my steps in. I can't do much more there than walk on the treadmill and track anyway, as I do not have my appointment for a reboot on the weigh equipment until Thursday.

I have to go for the first of two sets of tests on my legs tomorrow checking the blood flow. When I am mapping the day out in my head, I keep thinking of the wrong medical building......I am hoping I do not make that mistake tomorrow....

@Italian_Buju thank goodness you were there for that lady. I hope her and the baby are okay. That's really scary. I'm sorry you had to work an extra shift yesterday, but why did you have to wait until you got home to pee? If I couldn't pee at work, I'd be in BIG trouble. FWIW, I hope today goes better.

Ok, guys, I need some opinions please. I am leaving now to go for my test and run some errands, but obviously will check later when I am back.....when is it too soon to go knock on the ladies door and ask if she is alright? I have been thinking about her almost non stop, but I do not really know her more than a passing hello, and I am not sure if that would be creepy or not.....

Since you were the one to help her, not creepy at all.

This!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.
    Oh, so sorry :/ What was the prescription for? The anxiety?
    I could have written this. My daughter is really struggling too (19 yo - the one with anemia, which is not improving), and we had to spend $2000 on fillings for my son because he didn't brush properly when he had braces. Seriously, kid?

Yes, for anxiety. A previous doctor had tried a couple of things that didn't seem to help at all, so she's trying Pristiq and Klonopin temporarily for immediate relief.
    I really hope those things help her. It's so hard, seeing them struggle, isn't it? Should that work straight away? I thought anti-depressants generally take a few weeks to kick in. Are anti-anxiety meds quicker?

My daughter has to have another blood test this week, which will test her iron but also her thyroid function. She was put on the seasonal pill to reduce her heavy periods, but she's had constant bleeding ever since she started taking in (6 weeks), so it seems counter-productive. I know these things take time to settle down, so I'm encouraging her to stick with it, but she's so exhausted and weepy all the time. It's having a huge impact on her life and I feel desperately sorry for her.

Wow, I hope she is doing a bit better by now. Have they thought of maybe the depo shot? I take that to control uterine tumors and have almost no bleeding, MAYBE a bit of spotting getting close to the next shot, but not often. I do take them closer together than the average woman, but that might be because of my weight too.
    Thanks for asking. No, Depo hasn't been discussed so far. She's actually a lot better this week, fortunately - she got a job that she really wanted which will see her through to this time next year. She's taking a year away from college and wants to work and then travel for a bit. That's helped her feel like things are a little more under control. Part of her issue at the moment seems to be managing change and unpredictable situations badly. She gets upset if she gets invited to a party with only a couple of hours notice, that kind of thing (is that anxiety related?) We're on vacation for a week from next Friday, so she won't see the doctor again until the first week of August, and I'll go with her this time. I think I'm going to ask for a referral to a women's clinic, because she's still bleeding (8 weeks now) and I think she needs a scan or something to make sure there's nothing else going on.

Yes, that is anxiety related for sure! I almost never do things last minute, even fun things, because it is just way too stressful.

Good idea to go with her, I still tend to speak for/with my kids at DRs appts and such. It is hard to remember everything you need to remember as an adult.....but they are still learning.....

I didn't realize this was anxiety related. I always thought I was being inflexible & selfish. I don't want to be that way, but if I don't have time to plan something or fit something in my schedule I get extremely annoyed. I figured I had a bit of anxiety, but hearing more and more of these types of things is making me realize I'm a lot worse than I thought.
  • riderfangal
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you're doing ok. We missed you yesterday!

I second this!

I third this.

Thanks everyone. I've just been going through some depression and haven't been feeling particularly social. My FND flared back up and I can't walk much today. I've also messed up my calories every single day for the past week and a half. Sigh. God knows if I'm ever going to earn that Fitbit now.

Big hugs and you will get back on track and get that Fitbit!!
  • riderfangal
    Options

Oh no what did I do?

Well technically I'm Spam-Marie but my brothers call me Spam for short. Aren't brothers nice?

I am part of the Spa-Marie camp. I could never quite figure out what that meant overall but didn't worry about it too much. :)

I thought she just liked going to spas lol
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Are there any other Canadians who go without air conditioning all year? I heard it was fairly common to not get AC since most of the year is winter, but during the summer it is miserable. My thermostat reads 26 degrees right now and will inch its way up during the day, sometimes getting to 30 or 31. That's around 86 fahrenheit, which is a great temperature! ... For the outdoors. In here it feels all sticky and hot and I'm hating it. I grew up in the southern US and going without AC there is UNHEARD of.

We grew up without air conditioning in Idaho, which can run a string of 100 degree F days in the summer. I cannot imagine not having air conditioning now. But we go to the Oregon Coast every summer, and there is hardly ever air conditioning. They have a hot streak every now and then, and according to my grandma, they completely melt during those times. They also don't have to have sprinklers systems for their yards, which makes me really jealous :D

I have air conditioning in my condo, and use it during the day when I am at work for the cats. When I get home, I turn it off and open the windows. I am a fresh air girl.

I will only turn the air on in the car when I have work clothes on and don't want to sweat all over my nice clothes. :)
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    OK! I think @Italian_Buju and @lilaclovebird and I are competing for binge posting tonight. But I am caught up or close enough. Its 2 am and I accomplished all my goals in the motivation thread. Good night folks!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA I actually forgot I didn't make the appointments I planned to make so change this to I accomplished MOST of my goals.

I'm not actually huge on the binge posting, usually.
    I confess: I love reading the binge postings of others because I can just smile and nod in agreement with most everything. :smiley:

It's not 'lazy', it is 'energy conservative.'

I do the same thing lol. I feel like I should be responding to more, but someone else usually has it covered lol
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.

Seasons 4 and 6 where my favorite, mostly because the killer he was tracking was so interesting.....the ending made me mad forever! FOREVER! I think that and LOST were completing for worst ending to a great show!

Was season 4 the one with John Lithgow? If so, that was my favorite! I almost died when Dexter found Rita!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Confession: When I get on the scale and see 184 pounds, I don't believe it. Even though my size 12 jeans and dress slacks fit COMFORTABLY, I don't believe it.
    I haven't been at this weight in almost 8 years and I just can't believe it. I have only 30 pounds until goal and I just don't believe any of it.

Yay. Congratulations!!!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Confession: When I get on the scale and see 184 pounds, I don't believe it. Even though my size 12 jeans and dress slacks fit COMFORTABLY, I don't believe it.
    I haven't been at this weight in almost 8 years and I just can't believe it. I have only 30 pounds until goal and I just don't believe any of it.

I, as of this morning, am at 184.2 which is 1.2 lbs away from 30 lost. I have a hard time believing it too. It's been so easy this time! I can't remember the last time I weighed in the 180's.

Fantastic. Doing a happy dance for you!!!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    So, I stepped on the scale this morning out of curiosity (how do you spell that? It looks wrong). I was down almost 2 pounds from yesterday. If that is true, that means I might have actually LOST WEIGHT ON VACATION if you factor in sodium bloat. That blows my mind. The only time I have ever lost weight on vacation is when we went scuba diving in Belize for our 15th anniversary. Scuba diving for three or more hours a day burns some serious calories... B)

Way to go!!