Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My husband and son headed up camping this morning. (Hubby has more vacation time than me and has to use it before he loses it. I'm heading up after work Friday.) He calls me as they are leaving to tell me they are on their way out. Then he tells me to make sure I lock up the house when I come up Friday, because he ran off a prowler last night while I was asleep. DON'T TELL ME THIS!!! Although I pack a gun and a badge, sleeping in an empty house for two nights knowing there was just a prowler does not insure a good night's sleep.

I am trying to decide if I should leave the dog outside, so she can scare them off, or have her inside with me "for protection."

Neither, go to a hotel and sleep there for the next 2 nights. Yikes, how scary!
    Yes!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    We have a BIG thunderstorm going through right now. There was a tornado around the city about an hour ago but it didn't touch down, fortunately. I moved my car into the garage and covered my plants just in time - there was hail the size of golf balls for about 5 minutes! EEek!

That IS scary. I'm glad you're alright. Did you happen to get any pictures of the hail. I'm fascinated with summer thunderstorms, but I know they're nothing to play around with.

• Tubbs216
    Options
    jmac4263 wrote: »
    I took a scoop of peanut butter out of the jar, dumped a few mini chocolate chips in my hand stuck them to the peanutbutter and ate it.... just like that..... after I had a salad for lunch.
    I read that as the peanut butter and chocolate chips being the salad and was about to say "I like your style!"
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    @m1xm0d3 and @kelly_c_77 so glad I am not alone on the protein bar thing. I was starting to feel a bit freakish lol
    Add me to the club. I bought a couple - VERY expensive - and did not find them worth it.

Same here. I bought several flavors at Academy to try a while ago, they were on sale for $2 each. Not worth it for me. I wasn't a fan.
    Another nice new profile pic! You look great!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I'm having a little dinner party next week and I can't make up my mind about dessert...help?

I'm just doing bacon-wrapped scallops (and need something else here...help again?) as an app, and little stuffed cornish hens with a light salad and truffled roasted veg for dinner, so not super fussy but pretty heavy.

I thought about just doing a pie of some variety, because husband insists on the coconut-milk ice cream I make for company, but now I'm thinking maybe if I make soft cookies I can make homemade ice-cream sandwiches with them while they're warm and fresh? Maybe soft ginger cookies or snickerdoodles or something so I can make coconut-cardamom ice cream, or do coconut-caramel and just make double chocolate cookies.

I usually have too many things I want to make so deciding is hard.

Ooh, ooh I love food! So I think I would do a caponata or something like that on toast points for the app - to get some veggie and starch into the app round. I've made this one http://www.cookinglight.com/food/in-season/artichoke-recipes/artichoke-fennel-caponata from Cooking light before and thought it was awesome. It's also something that you could totally prep pre-party since it sounds like you'll have a lot that needs immediate attention.
    Dessert is what I usually to farm out to the people who don't take "you really don't need to bring anything" for an answer. That being said, your ice cream sounds amazing! The coconut-cardamom with ginger cookies would be my vote there.
    Yummm! I'm coming round yours for dinner.
  • Tubbs216
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm a baby when it comes to cold weather because I'm not really used to it here in Texas. I'm cold in 13C weather. :laugh:

Ok, I know everyone is used to their own weather, but I had to laugh at a Twitter post I saw from a woman living in Texas a few months ago. She said that "whoever was leaving their dog outside in this cold weather shouldn't be allowed to have a dog!" I did the conversion and it was like +2C... :smirk: I told her she would be horrified to know I walk my dog at -25C.
    When we moved here from the UK my friends back home thought it was downright abusive that the school kids get sent out for recess as long as it's above -20!

ETA: I have ugly extra-warm snowboots, and cuter everyday ones that look like normal boots but are waterproof and lined. We have a lot of warmer weather during the winter too, and not lots of snow, so we really don't need them a lot of the time.

I'm another one who loves autumn and winter clothes!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I admit I have never tried Quest bars but was not a fan of any protein bar that I have tried.

I don't really like protein shakes either but have had them for breakfast when I run short on time, which has been 2 out of the 3 days this week...
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I really want to quit my desk job to work in a factory environment for 3 reasons.... the benefits for retirement and health are way better, the pay would be 5+ more dollars an hour than what I make now, and I could work over time.

I can make more at current job but not for a while and I am not patient and setting all day is boring to me. I will have to make a decision before long!!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    @m1xm0d3 and @kelly_c_77 so glad I am not alone on the protein bar thing. I was starting to feel a bit freakish lol
    Add me to the club. I bought a couple - VERY expensive - and did not find them worth it.

Same here. I bought several flavors at Academy to try a while ago, they were on sale for $2 each. Not worth it for me. I wasn't a fan.

Thanks! I had to take a picture yesterday since I was wearing a dress that I thought was still too small for me. :)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Thanks! I had to take a picture yesterday since I was wearing a dress that I thought was still too small for me. :)

You look awesome!!!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    We have a BIG thunderstorm going through right now. There was a tornado around the city about an hour ago but it didn't touch down, fortunately. I moved my car into the garage and covered my plants just in time - there was hail the size of golf balls for about 5 minutes! EEek!

Scary stuff. Stay safe!!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Scary stuff. Stay safe!!
    It's sunny and beautiful again now!
  • Tubbs216
    edited July 2015
    Options

That IS scary. I'm glad you're alright. Did you happen to get any pictures of the hail. I'm fascinated with summer thunderstorms, but I know they're nothing to play around with.
    No, I didn't think of it!

It looked like the images in this news report: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/tornado-warning-ends-as-thunderstorm-brings-hail-north-of-calgary-1.3162634
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    If we're still doing confessions, here's mine for the day, then I should REALLY try and get some work done.

I came to work with my pants unzipped today. I didn't realize this until AFTER I got to my office and called Mr. Mo and looked down to see that my barn door had been left open. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or not, but I'm sure glad I did before the day went on any further.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

Hehehe, that was my thought too. I'm at body weight now for deadlift (will be above on Thursday) and close to on squat (lifted 105 today, I weight 135). My bench this morning was 70, and I think I'm going to be hanging out at 75 for a couple of weeks based on how I barely made 70 today. My overhead press is 60, and I think I'm going to be there for a long time, too. These are 5x5 weights though (you're a fellow SL 5X5-er, right?), so maybe we could do a body weight max on bench?

@quiksylver296 and @WestCoastJo82 I wish I could work out with you ladies. I want so badly to start lifting heavy but I'm so scared I'll hurt myself. I also wish I could get my husband to work out with me, but he has zero interest in that.

Mo I thought you did do heavy lifting?

Nope. I do a HIIT workout 3 times a week. Weights are incorporated, but definitely not heavy ones. Does it LOOK like I do heavy lifting, because if so, then YAY!

Who my gosh it does! It totally does!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

Hehehe, that was my thought too. I'm at body weight now for deadlift (will be above on Thursday) and close to on squat (lifted 105 today, I weight 135). My bench this morning was 70, and I think I'm going to be hanging out at 75 for a couple of weeks based on how I barely made 70 today. My overhead press is 60, and I think I'm going to be there for a long time, too. These are 5x5 weights though (you're a fellow SL 5X5-er, right?), so maybe we could do a body weight max on bench?

@quiksylver296 and @WestCoastJo82 I wish I could work out with you ladies. I want so badly to start lifting heavy but I'm so scared I'll hurt myself. I also wish I could get my husband to work out with me, but he has zero interest in that.

Mo I thought you did do heavy lifting?

Nope. I do a HIIT workout 3 times a week. Weights are incorporated, but definitely not heavy ones. Does it LOOK like I do heavy lifting, because if so, then YAY!

Who my gosh it does! It totally does!

Thanks! I can't imagine how buff I'd be if I DID start lifting heavy.

• Tubbs216
    Options
    If we're still doing confessions, here's mine for the day, then I should REALLY try and get some work done.

I came to work with my pants unzipped today. I didn't realize this until AFTER I got to my office and called Mr. Mo and looked down to see that my barn door had been left open. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or not, but I'm sure glad I did before the day went on any further.
    Hahah! Oops!
    I used to work in an engineering office - 95% male. 42.3% of them would walk around unzipped most of the time, and I'd have to try not to notice.
    Is it just a British thing to say "You've got egg on your chin" to subtly alert someone that their fly is unzipped? Is there an American equivalent?
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 YOU'RE BACK!!!! You have been missed!!!! <3 And now, I am going to find a calculator to see how much you are lifting in lbs, cuz I have no idea.

ETA: Nice lifting, Lois! Those are great numbers (now that I know what they equal)

Ditto!!

And I'm a middle-aged Canadian... the metric system was introduced while I was in school... I can think in both lbs and kg, inches and cm, grams and oz, miles and km, Celsius and Fahrenheit...

I can do the bolded, oz completely escape me and so does Fahrenheit. I know there is a little equation to figure out Fahrenheit to Celsius but I can never remember it. :confounded:

I cheat o:) I have an app that converts for me so I can convert it quickly and talk to SO about celcius temps like I know what I'm talking about hahaha

Well in my opinion:

0-10C - Cold to chilly (warm jacket)
    10-20C - Chilly to cardigan weather
    20-30C - Cardigan to perfect
    30C + = WAY too hot for me.

26-28C is my perfect weather

Agreed, except the last part. 22 C is perfect weather to me. Nice and cool, but not at all cold. 30C is hot but manageable. I invite you to come and experience 50C with me. ;)

Oh my! 50C I would die! I just wouldn't move all day!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I'm having a little dinner party next week and I can't make up my mind about dessert...help?

I'm just doing bacon-wrapped scallops (and need something else here...help again?) as an app, and little stuffed cornish hens with a light salad and truffled roasted veg for dinner, so not super fussy but pretty heavy.

I thought about just doing a pie of some variety, because husband insists on the coconut-milk ice cream I make for company, but now I'm thinking maybe if I make soft cookies I can make homemade ice-cream sandwiches with them while they're warm and fresh? Maybe soft ginger cookies or snickerdoodles or something so I can make coconut-cardamom ice cream, or do coconut-caramel and just make double chocolate cookies.

I usually have too many things I want to make so deciding is hard.

I vote for coconut-caramel ice cream with double chocolate cookies... chocolate, coconut and caramel being my three favourites.

I also vote for inviting me to the dessert portion of the dinner party.

I cosign both of the above.

You could also do a bruschetta on a really crusty bread as app as well. I was also thinking bacon wrapped asparagus but you're already having bacon wrapped scallops, so some people may think that's too much bacon. If you know people like that, they should not be invited to the party, and @ythannah and I would be happy to sub in for them. :smiley:

Don't leave me out! I can carpool with @ythannah!

Can barely fit the six people I have in our tiny dining room so you'll have to eat on the balcony, haha.

I don't think I'm wanting to do anything on bread for an app because of the stuffed hens (toooo much bread!) so I think I have to give this more thought though.

Super simple, but hummus and veggies. Or guac and veggies. Or hummus and guac, it's not like either is hard to make.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 YOU'RE BACK!!!! You have been missed!!!! <3 And now, I am going to find a calculator to see how much you are lifting in lbs, cuz I have no idea.

ETA: Nice lifting, Lois! Those are great numbers (now that I know what they equal)

Ditto!!

And I'm a middle-aged Canadian... the metric system was introduced while I was in school... I can think in both lbs and kg, inches and cm, grams and oz, miles and km, Celsius and Fahrenheit...

I can do the bolded, oz completely escape me and so does Fahrenheit. I know there is a little equation to figure out Fahrenheit to Celsius but I can never remember it. :confounded:

No, Fahrenheit doesn't mean a lot to me, except I know over 100 is hot lol

Ha ha exactly! That's all I know