Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat anything today since nothing was in the apartment... except stuff I didn't want. I went to the grocery and stocked up on some good stuff. Since I ate nothing today I decided ice cream was justified.... I'm really bad at this whole dieting thing. Really bad. And now I feel sick from the sugar :confounded:

I have a pint of Ben and Jerry's The Tonight Dough that I am planning on eating as dinner tomorrow. I get ya.
    That is such a good flavorrrr

It's so easy for me to find now. I can't believe I haven't bought it again.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    If we're still doing confessions, here's mine for the day, then I should REALLY try and get some work done.

I came to work with my pants unzipped today. I didn't realize this until AFTER I got to my office and called Mr. Mo and looked down to see that my barn door had been left open. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or not, but I'm sure glad I did before the day went on any further.
    Hahah! Oops!
    I used to work in an engineering office - 95% male. 42.3% of them would walk around unzipped most of the time, and I'd have to try not to notice.
    Is it just a British thing to say "You've got egg on your chin" to subtly alert someone that their fly is unzipped? Is there an American equivalent?

Or "you're flying low"

I never knew of a way to say it to anyone. I just usually tell them if I know them well. :)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I'm having a little dinner party next week and I can't make up my mind about dessert...help?

I'm just doing bacon-wrapped scallops (and need something else here...help again?) as an app, and little stuffed cornish hens with a light salad and truffled roasted veg for dinner, so not super fussy but pretty heavy.

I thought about just doing a pie of some variety, because husband insists on the coconut-milk ice cream I make for company, but now I'm thinking maybe if I make soft cookies I can make homemade ice-cream sandwiches with them while they're warm and fresh? Maybe soft ginger cookies or snickerdoodles or something so I can make coconut-cardamom ice cream, or do coconut-caramel and just make double chocolate cookies.

I usually have too many things I want to make so deciding is hard.

I vote for coconut-caramel ice cream with double chocolate cookies... chocolate, coconut and caramel being my three favourites.

I also vote for inviting me to the dessert portion of the dinner party.

Same

Join me on the balcony! :)

It's a nice one! Glass-enclosed and everything, so fancy, haha. We've got a couch, easy chair, and table and chairs out there (and a barbeque, chest freezer, and hanging plant frame...)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I'm having a little dinner party next week and I can't make up my mind about dessert...help?

I'm just doing bacon-wrapped scallops (and need something else here...help again?) as an app, and little stuffed cornish hens with a light salad and truffled roasted veg for dinner, so not super fussy but pretty heavy.

I thought about just doing a pie of some variety, because husband insists on the coconut-milk ice cream I make for company, but now I'm thinking maybe if I make soft cookies I can make homemade ice-cream sandwiches with them while they're warm and fresh? Maybe soft ginger cookies or snickerdoodles or something so I can make coconut-cardamom ice cream, or do coconut-caramel and just make double chocolate cookies.

I vote for coconut-caramel ice cream with double chocolate cookies... chocolate, coconut and caramel being my three favourites.

Same

It's a nice one! Glass-enclosed and everything, so fancy, haha. We've got a couch, easy chair, and table and chairs out there (and a barbeque, chest freezer, and hanging plant frame...)

Can I come too?? :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    If we're still doing confessions, here's mine for the day, then I should REALLY try and get some work done.

I came to work with my pants unzipped today. I didn't realize this until AFTER I got to my office and called Mr. Mo and looked down to see that my barn door had been left open. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or not, but I'm sure glad I did before the day went on any further.

Confession: I've done that a couple times. :( The first time was the worst because I know for sure someone saw me (I wondered why this guy looked at me funny). My tucked in shirt was hanging out of the front of the pants.

I REALLY hope you caught it before anyone saw.

Now THIS is funny.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Same

Sure!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Same

Okay, we can definitely hang out here @ythannah
  • Oberon21
    Options

I confess I do this often if I have 'complicated' pants on. Meaning I have to button some elaborate button configuration. I always seem to forget the 'zip' part when that happens.

My neighbor caught me a couple days ago with it open (office neighbor). Oh, well. At least I was wearing underwear. :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Hahah! Oops!
    I used to work in an engineering office - 95% male. 42.3% of them would walk around unzipped most of the time, and I'd have to try not to notice.
    Is it just a British thing to say "You've got egg on your chin" to subtly alert someone that their fly is unzipped? Is there an American equivalent?

Or "you're flying low"

I never knew of a way to say it to anyone. I just usually tell them if I know them well. :)
    Have you ever MET a British person?! ;)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to move you all out to the pool deck at this rate, but it's also a great place for a dinner party ;)

I'm excited to go wine shopping, it's the best part of all dinner parties.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

I confess I do this often if I have 'complicated' pants on. Meaning I have to button some elaborate button configuration. I always seem to forget the 'zip' part when that happens.

My neighbor caught me a couple days ago with it open (office neighbor). Oh, well. At least I was wearing underwear. :)

I have a pair of pants on today that have 5 buttons and a zipper. I always seem to forget the zipper. Thankfully it's not obvious if it's undone.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My husband and son headed up camping this morning. (Hubby has more vacation time than me and has to use it before he loses it. I'm heading up after work Friday.) He calls me as they are leaving to tell me they are on their way out. Then he tells me to make sure I lock up the house when I come up Friday, because he ran off a prowler last night while I was asleep. DON'T TELL ME THIS!!! Although I pack a gun and a badge, sleeping in an empty house for two nights knowing there was just a prowler does not insure a good night's sleep.

I am trying to decide if I should leave the dog outside, so she can scare them off, or have her inside with me "for protection."

Bring the dog in. What if the prowler comes back and hurts her???
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I'm gonna have to move you all out to the pool deck at this rate, but it's also a great place for a dinner party ;)

I'm excited to go wine shopping, it's the best part of all dinner parties.

There's a pool too???!!! :lol:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    I wondered the same thing. Although, Monica was a chef, not a baker.

I loved it when she wore the fat suit too. It was the best!

One of my favorite Friends scenes is when Joey wears ALL of Chandler's clothes, while "commando", and starts doing lunges. Hee hee

I also like that episode. "Could I BE wearing any more clothes?!" Another favorite is The One With All the Cheesecakes. At the very end, Joey sees Chandler and Rachel eating cheesecake off the floor, and he sits down, pulls a fork out of his jacket pocket and says, "Alright...what are we having?!" Classic!

Yes!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    levan11 wrote: »
    I'm considering quitting my job because the boss's son in law that just started working here got a bigger annual bonus than me. This wouldn't be such a big deal if a) the son in law wasn't such a pretentious jerkwad and b) the bonus wasn't for the previous year in which HE DID NOT EVEN WORK HERE. I know I should just set my pride aside and be happy with what I did get but man is that hard to do.

That sucks large! I would just start quietly looking for something else - don't quit until you have something else.

^^this!

+1. That's crap!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So just to let you all know - according to the mean temperature data I could find I live in the coldest spot of all of us. Except for maybe @ythannah who is probably a bit colder depending where in the area she is.

Average mean temperatures for January (in both C and F):

Thunder Bay: -15 / 5
    Edmonton: -11.7 / 11
    Montreal: - 8.9/16
    Dayton, OH: -2.5/27.5
    New Jersey: -1/30.5 (and the area of Kansas I checked was about the same)
    Portland, OR: 5.2/41
    Dayton, OH: 8/46
    Saudi Arabia: 14/57
    Corpus Christie, TX: 14/57

If I don't know exactly where in your state you live, I just picked a large city that I hoped was close.

ETA: Obviously I didn't do everyone. I just picked a few people at random.

Wow Saudi Arabia and TX are the same temp?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Still behind, but a few observations and questions from page 1295:
    @lilaclovebird - Love the new profile pic!
    @kellyjellybellyjelly - So glad you finally have a profile pic! Love it!
    @Italian_Buju - You've mentioned your daughter's sister before. Just wondering what going on with her pregnancy?
    @orangesmartie - Not sure if you're back yet, but I miss you!
    @Susieq_1994 - I didn't see you mention it. Did the in-laws like the peanut butter pie?
    I'm sure there will be more soon!

I messaged with @orangesmartie this am and she gave me permission to tell all you guys here she is doing OK. She is trying to work things out with the SOs so hopefully she will be in a good place soon to visit us again.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So just to let you all know - according to the mean temperature data I could find I live in the coldest spot of all of us. Except for maybe @ythannah who is probably a bit colder depending where in the area she is.

Average mean temperatures for January (in both C and F):

Thunder Bay: -15 / 5
    Edmonton: -11.7 / 11
    Montreal: - 8.9/16
    Dayton, OH: -2.5/27.5
    New Jersey: -1/30.5 (and the area of Kansas I checked was about the same)
    Portland, OR: 5.2/41
    Dayton, OH: 8/46
    Saudi Arabia: 14/57
    Corpus Christie, TX: 14/57

If I don't know exactly where in your state you live, I just picked a large city that I hoped was close.

ETA: Obviously I didn't do everyone. I just picked a few people at random.

Dayton, OH is on the list twice. Should that be something else?

Also, 30°F sounds about right for January because February is usually our coldest month for some weird reason. It was unusually warm in January this year. On our warmest day it was 74°F or 23.33°C. People were wearing shorts and it was weird.

I have family in Dayton! (Yes, I'm completely random and that had nothing to do with the conversation lol!)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »

THIS made me laugh out loud at work where I drew some funny looks from co-workers. I am, after all, supposed to be doing very worky, computery things over here and @Susieq_1994 has totally and irreparably blown my cover.

It was worth it.

Glad I could make you laugh! Sorry about blowing your cover... :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    jmac4263 wrote: »
    I took a scoop of peanut butter out of the jar, dumped a few mini chocolate chips in my hand stuck them to the peanutbutter and ate it.... just like that..... after I had a salad for lunch.

I've done this a few way too many times.