Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    If we're still doing confessions, here's mine for the day, then I should REALLY try and get some work done.

I came to work with my pants unzipped today. I didn't realize this until AFTER I got to my office and called Mr. Mo and looked down to see that my barn door had been left open. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or not, but I'm sure glad I did before the day went on any further.
    Hahah! Oops!
    I used to work in an engineering office - 95% male. 42.3% of them would walk around unzipped most of the time, and I'd have to try not to notice.
    Is it just a British thing to say "You've got egg on your chin" to subtly alert someone that their fly is unzipped? Is there an American equivalent?

The phrase I use is 'you're flying at half mast'. I think it refers to having your white shirt poking through your flies. Always makes me laugh.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    I finally got the quiz to work - I think I was breaking it with the one set of questions because my map ended up all blue for most of the questions.

My most similar are: Seattle, Tacoma and Salt Lake City.

Least similar: Amarillo, Lubbock, Shreveport.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,723 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I brought popcorn for a snack today :naughty:

Who hates the smell of popcorn??!!!

That's what I was wondering!
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

Popcorn for the win. I eat a big bowl every night!!

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....

I make the air popped too. I use either margarine or baking spray depending on how many calories I have left and then use one of the many many popcorn seasonings I own. Have also tried taco seasoning on it which is also yummy.

Now for a confession. Hope I don't get kicked out of the group but I could take or leave ice cream or cookies for that matter and.....I have never eaten one of those protein bars you guys are always raving about.

Runs away and hides

I don't really care for ice cream either. I REALLY have to be in the mood for it, or have a piece of warm apple/cherry pie or brownie or chocolate cake to put it on. I'm definitely NOT one of those people that can sit down and eat a whole pint (not judging) even if I really like the flavor. It's cold, and makes my stomach hurt. Also, I don't think it's worth the calories. *hides with you*

Cookies, on the other hand, I LOVE cookies. Especially Mr. Mo's warm chocolate chips cookies. He uses the same recipe that Phoebe's grandma used. If you got this reference, we're officially best friends now!

As far as Quest Bars go, I have only just recently (within the last 6 months or a little longer) discovered them. For the amount of calories they contain, they have a really high protein count, and are extremely high in fiber, but don't do me nasty like the Pure Protein ones. Plus, they just taste really delicious...well, most of them do.

Yay Friends. I miss that show!

TigerNY128 wrote: »

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....

I make the air popped too. I use either margarine or baking spray depending on how many calories I have left and then use one of the many many popcorn seasonings I own. Have also tried taco seasoning on it which is also yummy.

Now for a confession. Hope I don't get kicked out of the group but I could take or leave ice cream or cookies for that matter and.....I have never eaten one of those protein bars you guys are always raving about.

Runs away and hides

I don't really care for ice cream either. I REALLY have to be in the mood for it, or have a piece of warm apple/cherry pie or brownie or chocolate cake to put it on. I'm definitely NOT one of those people that can sit down and eat a whole pint (not judging) even if I really like the flavor. It's cold, and makes my stomach hurt. Also, I don't think it's worth the calories. *hides with you*

Cookies, on the other hand, I LOVE cookies. Especially Mr. Mo's warm chocolate chips cookies. He uses the same recipe that Phoebe's grandma used. If you got this reference, we're officially best friends now!

As far as Quest Bars go, I have only just recently (within the last 6 months or a little longer) discovered them. For the amount of calories they contain, they have a really high protein count, and are extremely high in fiber, but don't do me nasty like the Pure Protein ones. Plus, they just taste really delicious...well, most of them do.

Haha, the Nestle Tollhouse recipe!

Lois_1989 wrote: »

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

LOL I believe the name was Nestlé?

Edit: I'm doubting myself! Was it? I'm sure it was...

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

LOL I believe the name was Nestlé?

Pronounced "Nes-lay Tollhou-say", iirc? ;)

Congratulations on becoming my new best friends. That is to this day one of my most favorite episodes.

You know, I always wonder when I watch that episode that Monica doesn't figure out it's not a "special recipe" and it's Netsle Tollhouse since she's supposed to be an expert chef and probably ate millions of nestle tollhouse cookies growing up haha.. I have to say one of my favorite parts of the show is when Monica is in her fat suit dancing all by herself, I love when Courtney Cox does it, she's hilarious!!

LOL!

This is one of my favorite scenes

8e6d95efd7d55920592a7cfb6c3591f3.jpg

Oh & when Chandler puts in someone else's gum & starts to choke.

98bde162d242e3212bc3cdf5e178a498.jpg

7015c379dbae8ec5c5bbd2e9b54ae2c3.jpg

The last one is my favorite and I use Ross's description any time I refer to cilantro or blue cheese. When people ask me how I know what feet taste like, I tell them they tastes like cilantro. :wink:

• MoHousdon
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

:lol:

EDIT: Apparently I sound absolutely nothing like people from Detroit.
    EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

I call it soda.
    I just took the quiz and got Worcester MA, Boston MA, and Honolulu HI. Worcester and Boston make sense because I grew up in NH and just moved to ME 3 years ago...both states are right near MA. No idea about Honolulu though!

We are pop people in the inland northwest. I've done that quiz before, and it's super fun. The first time I took it, I confused it because I grew up in the northwest and but lived in the midwest, south, and southwest, so I learned words for things that I didn't have words for growing up (e.g. access roads and parking strips) and didn't pay attention to that when answering questions. When I did it again trying to just remember what I used to call things, it pegged me perfectly (gave me Spokane, WA; Seattle, WA; and Portland, OR - I grew up in Spokane).
    I should do that, actually. I used to call fireflies lightning bugs, but I started calling them fireflies at some point. I wonder if it'll identify me as more southern if I use lightning bugs. I have also heard both crawdads/crawfish... and now I use car-mel and care-uh-mel... I used to just say car-mel and apparently that's more northern???? Didn't know. Weird I started using the second pronunciation when I moved to Canada.

Try it!
    The crawdad question was hard because I have lived in places where crawdad, crawfish and crayfish were used. If I wasn't thinking about it and you asked me what it was, I would now say crawfish, but when thinking about it, I knew that crawdad was what they were called when I was growing up. Apparently the use of potato bug (which now I would probably call a roly-poly if not prompted) and kitty-corner is what pegged me as a northwesterner.
    I did it again and got three cities in California once more! Huh. The roly-poly one had me stumped... because growing up I used to call them doodlebugs, but I have also heard roly-poly. Since I haven't seen them since I was a child I was confused as to what terminology I would use now. :lol: I forgot all about doodlebugs!!!

So I took it and I got Indianapolis, Des Moines, and Wichita.. Hmm I guess I can understand Indianapolis as I grew up two hours away from there!

FTFY.

• MoHousdon
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

I call it soda.
    I just took the quiz and got Worcester MA, Boston MA, and Honolulu HI. Worcester and Boston make sense because I grew up in NH and just moved to ME 3 years ago...both states are right near MA. No idea about Honolulu though!

Apparently my dialect is closest to Boise, Reno, or Spokane. I guess I should move in with @Mohouson. :p

@Susieq_1994 I'd love to have you, but I'm in Wichita, not Boise. That's @quiksylver296 .

• MoHousdon
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Just got home from leg day. Pretty sure I won't be able to walk tomorrow. But I squatted 75 and deadlifted 85!! Both of those are over half my body weight! Yay!

Congratulations! That's awesome.

• MoHousdon

I call it soda pop, but one of my brothers calls it Coke. As in, "What kind of Coke do you want? Sprite or Pepsi?"
    I don't get this at all :lol: Coke is just ONE drink! If I asked for coke and someone asked me ''What coke do you want?'' I'd be like ''Uhhh... coke? :neutral: " I wonder... which specific region in the US/anywhere else calls it coke?

If someone asked me that I would have thought they were asking if I wanted fat coke, diet coke, coke zero or coke life. Not a completely different fizzy drink all together, lol

You forgot fat Cherry Coke. Which is the best of all of the Cokes.

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Ugh having a rough day today… Took yesterday off work to do a mental health day… I did my C25k run, walked around 2 different malls (did buy a few things, but not much), drank some Starbucks, actually got a mani/pedi…and then last night was rough, my nails are already smudged, came in this morning to a scolding from my boss (who is notoriously difficult to please, but still…) and I’ve just had it. I WAS less stressed yesterday until dealing with my defiant 3.5 yr old, and now this…
    Weight’s down a bit, and I hit goal weight#2. Not happy (still) with how I look, so I lowered it again to 120. I’m 5’4.5; that should still be ok. 128.5 looks lumpy on me. Hoping the jogging will help thin my legs/hips more.

Yuck day. So sorry. Hugs. I always get a gel manicures (the one with UV light to cure the polish) because they are dry by the time you leave the salon. I have never had one smudge.

I was being cheap because it was $15 more for the gel :( (plus I wanted a bright pink and they didn't have it). I learned my lesson- it's gel next time if I ever go again. I usually do my own manicures but thought it'd be fun for a change.
  • MoHousdon
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Weird complaint of the day but I wish they sold more things in 5 packs.

I tend to want the same thing for lunch all week but everything comes in 4's which leaves me scrambling on Friday.

Or a 6 pack. What about Sunday?! I agree with the above statement wholeheartedly.

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I'm trying quite hard to not use pregnancy as an excuse to lapse into bad eating habits, but it is HARD. I never had any issue getting plenty of fruit and veg before, but most veg is turning my stomach at the moment. How has mankind evolved to be repulsed by the most healthy of foods at a time you would think good nutrition is critical!? Cheese and crackers and salty, salty crisps on the other hand, I can consume those by the bucket load.

This is probably why prenatal vitamins are important - just saying.

Thankfully I am organised and started taking prenatal vitamins 3 months before we conceived so no worries there. In good food news, I managed to eat a massive bowl of spinach yesterday. It was straight out of my garden, so having washed it myself it somehow felt 'safe' to eat and didn't turn my stomach. Sadly none of my other veggies will be ready to harvest for at least another few weeks. I will have to just keep trying!

Ah, I really want a house with a garden. I want to grow all sorts of lovely eatables. Well done on the spinach, I do like fresh spinach. I still feel like Popeye when I eat it :smiley:

We basically bought this house because it came with a big garden. Essentially we bought a garden that happened to have a house in it. This is why I've spent the past 18 months doing some serious DIY (and plan on carrying on for at least the next 5 years!). We love our garden, but you really can start small. You can grow lettuces from seed in pots. You won't be self-sufficient, but it's pretty satisfying. I know lots of people who grow herbs in pots too.

That made me smile, yea, I still need to get on the market first. Its just so difficult. We were looking at new build flats the other day. £345,000.00 for a 2 bed room and you have to pay £10,000 for a parking space. £10,000! It's sickening.

Wowsers, are you near London? I'm up in Notts/South Yorkshire and you get a lot more for your pennies here. My house is not very representative of local prices since it was in such a dire state when we bought it, but I'm sure averages are a lot less than 200K (pounds) for a 3 bed semi round here. Not paid attention for the past 18 months so I could be way off. I'm glad I live somewhere 'cheap'.

Yea, I'm in South East London/Kent. They kind of merge into each other around the M25. I love it here, but the cost of living is through the roof. I think a 3 bed semi here would average around £500,000+ We are looking for a 2 bed terrace house at the moment, but they are around £250,000+. Our neighbor (living with the SO's mum) sold their 2 bed terrace for £320,000 last week. :#

I can't imagine paying three quarters of a million dollars for a 3 bedroom duplex. It's bad in California, but that's downright insane. Where I am, that would buy you 8 fully detached ones.

... well, that is quite depressing. 8 detached houses? Clearly, I'm in the wrong country.

yes, but there is a world of difference in the construction of houses in the UK and US. When we were in Texas a few years back, looking at houses, we went to a huge lot, which has houses of every shape and size....they get loaded on a flatbed truck and driven to your plot of land. Essentially they were porta-cabins**! Needless to say, we didn't proceed.

**Disclaimer i know its not like that everywhere in America. I just found it amusing

This is true. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most American houses are timber construction aren't they? I remember staying in a holiday house in Florida. It was MASSIVE and beautiful but all wood, which I found really odd considering its kind of hurricaney (yes, hurricaney) in Florida and it felt like it would just... blow away.

There are building codes here, though. It would have passed inspection.

Most timber homes aren't entirely made of wood, however. It would get too hot and you would lose your AC through the cracks. Unless you're talking about a campground, you would have had a support layer of concrete. Although the building codes were tightened after Andrew, so I suppose it's possible that you were in an old home.

The majority of hurricane damage is due to flooding. Had that during Fay and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member

I call it soda pop, but one of my brothers calls it Coke. As in, "What kind of Coke do you want? Sprite or Pepsi?"
    I don't get this at all :lol: Coke is just ONE drink! If I asked for coke and someone asked me ''What coke do you want?'' I'd be like ''Uhhh... coke? :neutral: " I wonder... which specific region in the US/anywhere else calls it coke?

If someone asked me that I would have thought they were asking if I wanted fat coke, diet coke, coke zero or coke life. Not a completely different fizzy drink all together, lol

You forgot fat Cherry Coke. Which is the best of all of the Cokes.

Ha ha I didn't want to branch out to the flavours because there are so many of them now! Cherry is definitely the best though :yum:
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited July 2015
    quote="Glinda1971;33386126"]Weird complaint of the day but I wish they sold more things in 5 packs.

I tend to want the same thing for lunch all week but everything comes in 4's which leaves me scrambling on Friday. [/quote]

This so much this!!!
  • MoHousdon
    jthurman3 wrote: »

As soon as I walked in one of my co-workers told me lol. Good thing she is my person and if anyone gets that reference we can be best friends, Sorry for stealing your line @MoHousdon ;)

LOL - I get that reference. I've watched Grey's since the beginning... even though it's jumped the shark a few times.

I thought it was Grey's, but I cannot watch that show. Medicine doesn't actually work that way and it makes me crazy.

I actually find it hilarious that anyone who is knowledgeable in any field can't seem to watch movies or shows about them without getting completely teed off by the inaccuracies. It's totally something I would do if I watched anything! Inaccuracies would drive me absolutely up the wall...

That is why I cannot watch any cop-type shows.

Except Brooklyn 99, right?! I love that show!

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited July 2015

Apparently the use of the word sneakers isolated me to Yonkers, Newark and New York... Guess since I have lived most of my life in that area, except for 15 years between WI and IL, I would say that makes sense!

I'm jumping back in because I can't stand being so far behind. I'll go back and catch up while on vacation...maybe. As I've mentioned several times, I'm from Illinois and now live in South Carolina. Growing up I called it pop and now call it soda and as for shoes, they are tennis shoes. I say y'all alot, which my IL peeps make fun of me for, but I had a couple really rude people call me out on using "you guys" when I was in the restaurant industry. Since they were the customer (jerks) and my income from that job paid my rent I transitioned to y'all but use both now.

ETA: The quiz that @FluffySandwich posted was spot on for my childhood, northern Illinois!
  • MoHousdon
    Lunnunis wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Did that taste as disgusting as it sounds?

Sounds good to me, haha.

I've eaten jars of the stuff in my time. Managing to keep off it mostly these days and just drink one at night (that's the Options 40 calories a cup). Why? I don't know. It's messy and difficult to eat but it's, you know, chocolate. Mixing it with neat whisky adds another dimension. I'm so glad there are so many of us - have wondered at times if I had a borderline eating disorder.

I'm sure lots of folk have microwaved cheese on a plate like I used to.

My most recent confession is to going wild last week and eating 5 packs of crisps and popcorn and drinking enough alcohol to make me stagger around. These two things are almost certainly connected.

I get an X or whatever you get when playing BINGO.

• MoHousdon
    ythannah wrote: »
    I prefer ice cream to cake by FAR. At birthday parties as a kid I sometimes decided to not take cake and just eat ice cream. Especially those gross cakes with the generic icing you can get in grocery stores. Don't know what the type of icing is called... but while kids were screaming for the piece in the center with the most blue frilly icing on it, I was like ''Just give me the end piece." Now one time I had a cake that switched out icing for some delicious strawberry filling and I was all for seconds. :tongue:

This is me, except the strawberry filling part, since I generally hate fruit mixed into any kind of dessert. Most grocery store cakes and even standard bakery cakes taste yucky to me, especially that really weird styrofoam textured icing that they use. It's very, very rare that I find a cake that I actually WANT to eat--there's only ONE bakery in Oman that I enjoy cake from. One. In the whole country. :p (At least it's the only one that I know of, and I've tasted quite a lot.)
    Yes! Styrofoamy is right. I can really love a good home baked cake, though. My sister and I once made a delicious black cherry chocolate cake. You probably wouldn't like it because of the fruit, but maaaan it was delicious. I also love making homemade carrot cakes with CREAM CHEESE icing.

Exactly! When I first met my in-laws, they bought a cake that was supposedly red velvet from a bakery that has a good reputation here in Saudi Arabia. It was terrible--it tasted just like a grocery store cake, stale and styrofoamy. I forced it down out of politeness. :s

The cake bakery that I enjoy makes THE BEST dense, fresh, DELICIOUS cakes with real buttercream icing, cream cheese frosting, chocolate ganache, etc. They aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny. I go there every time I visit Oman. I haven't found anything like it in Saudi Arabia. :-/

Confession: I make buttercream and eat it without cake. Sometimes I mix in blueberries or strawberries.

At least you make the buttercream.

Your post just reminded me that there is some leftover pre-made frosting in my fridge and I fully intend to eat it, with a spoon, over the next few days... willful cakelessness. Nor am I going to mix in fruit and up the nutritional quotient.

I love frosting. I happily eat it without cake. Sometimes I eat it off the cake and throw the cake away. :)

Hahaha I do too Patricia!! I heart icing so much!

When I would stay at my grandma's I would always look in her fridge to see if she had any icing & then I would take a spoon & eat some.

My grandma would make us graham cracker/icing 'sandwiches.' Mmm, I haven't had one of those in decades...

Those are my favorite!!! Especially if you stick them in the fridge for a few so the frosting is cold. Oh, yum! I need to make these tonight, even though I'm sure I won't have calories left over.

• MoHousdon
    Update from yesterday: I let the dog sleep inside. I locked up the entire house (we live in the boonies, and usually don't). I couldn't sleep. I'm exhausted this morning.

Confession - kinda: I tried out for Wheel of Fortune (the TV show) once. I got called back for a second 'interview.' I wasn't chosen and I haven't watched the show since. It's like I'm trying to punish them for not choosing me. Which is dumb, because they don't know if I am watching or not. (The guy that was chosen was a school 'lunch lady' and won over $40,000. He definitely needed the money more than me.)

Jealous. I kick serious booty when we watch that show.

That part made me laugh. I would probably do the same.

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Please stay safe! We keep seeing all these tornados and flooding and fires on the news here in England and I do always think of you guys, hoping it isn't near any of you. England is pretty safe compared to America.
    Well, I remember the hurricane of 1987, so... ;)

Ha ha *cough* not born yet *cough* but my older brother had just been born.

I was one. No I don't remember it. Ho hum...
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My husband and son headed up camping this morning. (Hubby has more vacation time than me and has to use it before he loses it. I'm heading up after work Friday.) He calls me as they are leaving to tell me they are on their way out. Then he tells me to make sure I lock up the house when I come up Friday, because he ran off a prowler last night while I was asleep. DON'T TELL ME THIS!!! Although I pack a gun and a badge, sleeping in an empty house for two nights knowing there was just a prowler does not insure a good night's sleep.

I am trying to decide if I should leave the dog outside, so she can scare them off, or have her inside with me "for protection."
    Inside... for her protection. :)

She's 160 pounds...She'd probably be bigger than the prowler. LOL

supcdg6pnrj8.jpg

I love her!! Bull mastiff?

English mastiff. Bulls are a little smaller and usually stockier.

I thought her nose was a little long for a bull, but the ears looked a little short, so I went there. I have an English mastiff too. She was the runt of her litter and only about 120.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    We call it "pop" up here. "Soda" refers to unflavoured carbonated water, as in "Yes, I'll have a vodka soda with a splash of cran," and "Coke" is only used for cola.

On the "tennis shoes" vs "sneakers"...here the most common thing is "running shoes" or "runners".

And I am very, very guilty of calling everyone "guys" in social situations, although I don't do it at work as I used to bartend and that was one of those customer-service no-gos. I hate all the other options though, like "How are you folks doing tonight?" etc. I usually just used you as a plural, like "How are you doing tonight?" It drives me crazy that there isn't a second person plural in English like in Spanish or French, which makes this sort of thing easier.