Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    That would smell good.

Like you were suntanning all day and then baked cookies. :smiley:

@Glinda1971 I didn't even think of that! Maybe throw some clove and lemon oils in there for good measure and smell like a lemon bar! :lol:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I remember a while back you guys were talking about plantar something or other where your feet hurt like a buggar. Well I went to the dr the other day because my one foot hurts like crazy all the time. I just thought it was because I was walking so much more than I had done previously. Nope apparently I have this in my left foot.

Does using a tensor bandage help any cause it is really painful?

Plantar fasciitis. My BFF has had this and she bought those bumpy plastic dryer balls and rolled one under the sole of her foot whenever she was sitting at her desk. I've heard the frozen water bottles work well too.

pofoster21 wrote: »
    I remember a while back you guys were talking about plantar something or other where your feet hurt like a buggar. Well I went to the dr the other day because my one foot hurts like crazy all the time. I just thought it was because I was walking so much more than I had done previously. Nope apparently I have this in my left foot.

There are exercises you can do (google it) plus a thing you can use at night to keep your foot from flopping down when you sleep, which further tightens the foot muscles when you try and walk on them in the AM. And I understand the ice and rolling that @Italian_Buju recommended also helps. I have never had it but I know people who have and its painful!

Everyone has been so helpful about this!
    So, anyone have any good non-prescription remedies for Tinea Versicolor?

I currently use Selsun Blue shampoo as a body wash in the shower, leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse. I've taken a single 400 mg Fluconazole dosage for it on Thursday morning and was told to exercise into a vigorous sweat and not shower for at least 8 hours after(gross). I also have a prescription 2% Ketoconazole cream that I was told to use twice a day.
    This seems to be working for the most part and skin coloration should return to normal in a couple months. :smiley:

BUT for the time being I cannot use any lotions and I smell (as Sgt. Sexy Pants put it) "vaguely reminiscent of a rotting mushroom." :bawling:

I will continue to use the cream for 4 weeks as my doctor prescribed but there has GOT to be something out there besides using Selsun Blue as a body wash every day to prevent a recurrence...hopefully something that smells better? :persevere:

The fungal rash is quite extensive all across my back, stomach, chest, and had even made it to my shoulders and arms!

I've never heard of this either so I googled, and it seems to be a condition mainly found in hot climates... which probably explains why I've never heard of it!

Hope it clears up quickly... and hope you can find something to hide the smell... I've always loved the smell of cloves, and it's pretty strong.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for yoir responses. I took your advice and used the frozen water bottle and stretched it out as well. It feels much better today but I think I will stay off it today as much as possible!

@lilaclovebird I too had never heard of this but I think cinnamon and coconut oil sounds delicious! And who doesn't want to smell delicious
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the well wishes for the house! We know we will be buying something, but we're trying to decide whether we want to go ahead with the trailer or go with a realtor and look at buying an actual house instead. It's going to take a while to get everything together and figured out, but we're going to get there!

I know, I know, we've changed our minds again, but we both want something that we 1) if needed to resell and move elsewhere in the future wouldn't be losing money or be upside down in and 2) we won't have to worry about when we're older and have been there awhile as far as major repairs go. I know those happen anywhere, but there are some folks we know who own trailers and have had to do multiple major repairs within the last 10 years, such as replacing the roof twice and replacing the hvac unit twice, not to mention reflooring the entire house and remodeling the master bathroom. That's what's has us hesitating still on the trailer thing.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 You can always look at houses in your price range and see what you can get, especially in a better neighbourhood. There's no rule that says if you look you have to buy.

Whatever you decide, I hope it brings you great happiness.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 You can always look at houses in your price range and see what you can get, especially in a better neighbourhood. There's no rule that says if you look you have to buy.

Whatever you decide, I hope it brings you great happiness.

Plus 1
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Not that I know.
    The best thing is a frozen water bottle rolled under for a while in the evening and really good shoes!

I did go and buy new shoes and I am going to try the water bottle tonight . Freezing it as we speak. I don't mean to be whiney but it's just about bringing me to tears tonight.
    pofoster21 wrote: »

There are exercises you can do (google it) plus a thing you can use at night to keep your foot from flopping down when you sleep, which further tightens the foot muscles when you try and walk on them in the AM. And I understand the ice and rolling that @Italian_Buju recommended also helps. I have never had it but I know people who have and its painful!

I never knew about that thing....that would have been helpful! When mine was really bad, I could barely walk in the mornings when I first got out of bed!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @pofoster21, good job with your race. Congrats on placing and being called petite! :) I also want to say I love how you responded to Crosby's post! And also, how much you've "learned" from this thread. Although it took you 47 years to realize you are super great, at least now you know it! And I think that's awesome!
    @raelynnsmama52512, good luck going forward with the house!
    @Lefty1290, welcome back!
    @Italian_Buju, I think it's great that you stand up for what you believe in.
    @riderfangal, hope your foot feels better soon!

As for me...I'm taking a real rest day today! No running or treadmill...for the first time in well over a month (not quite sure exactly how long). I will walk outside if the rain holds off and I might do my short circuit training video. My step count will be waaay down today... I know I've said it so many times, I know rest days are good..it's just so hard for me!
    Also, I slept almost a full 8.5 hours...that's 3+ hours more than a normal night for me!! Wowza!
    Happy Sunday to everyone!
    That is awesome, I bet you feel great!!
    I slept pretty good last night too! I feel so much better now that I have actually had some sleep......well, until the end of the night and I am ready to fall over from exhaustion from being in the kitchen all day,, lol.
    Thanks for the other too. :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Gosh that is embarrassing to put on the internet..... :neutral:

Don't be embarrassed. It is not like it is something you can help having.

Have you tried a Clotrimazole cream instead? That would be my only advice.....
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

:lol:

EDIT: Apparently I sound absolutely nothing like people from Detroit.
    EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

I call it soda pop, but one of my brothers calls it Coke. As in, "What kind of Coke do you want? Sprite or Pepsi?"
    I don't get this at all :lol: Coke is just ONE drink! If I asked for coke and someone asked me ''What coke do you want?'' I'd be like ''Uhhh... coke? :neutral: " I wonder... which specific region in the US/anywhere else calls it coke?

If someone asked me that I would have thought they were asking if I wanted fat coke, diet coke, coke zero or coke life. Not a completely different fizzy drink all together, lol

You forgot fat Cherry Coke Vanilla Coke Zero. Which is the best of all of the Cokes.

fixed! :p

I had a lot of trouble finding my beloved Vanilla Coke Zero last time I was in the US (we don't have it here at all)... hope it's not being discontinued.

Do they make Cherry Coke Zero?! I tried Mr. Mo's Coke Zero and rum the other night and it was decent. I think I could hang with a Cherry Coke Zero if it's available. I could just Google it, but I'm lazy. :smiley:

It's Diet Cherry Coke. I have a case in my basement, imported from the US naturally.

The sugarfree vanilla version is a Zero.

Confession: I don't understand the difference between Zero and Diet.

Me either!

Diet has aspartame; Zero has Splenda. My 15yo can drink Zero, but diet gives him migraines.

Weird. Here in Saudi Arabia, both the Zero and the "Lite" Cokes contain aspartame, not sucralose.

I just pulled a can out of our case for curiosity's sake and my Zero is also asparatme. From Costco in the good ole U S of A. ;)

(I'm less than 20 pages behind! Horray for weekends!)
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    It's 11 am and this is what my diary looks like:

mvmmexya0i6a.png

It's going to have to be chicken for lunch and fish for dinner . . .
    3.png 28.4K
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Crazy awesome how easy it is to make meatloaf. Just mix up a bunch of stuff and pop that baby into the oven for an hour.

This made me giggle! I make mine Italian style, of course, with tomatoes and cheese.....mmmmmm, I love meatloaf!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I get in a mood where I'm like "Hmm... I kind of want to add sugar to my coffee. I'm craving something sweet." I always have to remind myself that I'm not a fan of sugar in coffee. The taste never sits quite right with me and it always makes me feel somewhat sick. I have some cream in my fridge, though, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

You know what's REALLY REALLY good? Chamomile tea with cream/milk and honey. I would make it almost every night before going to bed when I was little :tongue: So soothing.... and the smell of chamomile... YES.

I can't drink chamomile. It literally tastes like flowers.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Every once in a while I get in a mood where I'm like "Hmm... I kind of want to add sugar to my coffee. I'm craving something sweet." I always have to remind myself that I'm not a fan of sugar in coffee. The taste never sits quite right with me and it always makes me feel somewhat sick. I have some cream in my fridge, though, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

You know what's REALLY REALLY good? Chamomile tea with cream/milk and honey. I would make it almost every night before going to bed when I was little :tongue: So soothing.... and the smell of chamomile... YES.

YES!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @pofoster21 that race site is breathtakingly beautiful... almost makes me want to take up running. Congrats on 3rd place!

You look tiny to me, and I'm not seeing Irish peasant arms :p I'd describe your build as "slight".

At the end of our first date my SO hugged me and exclaimed, "You're just an itty bitty thing!" Being 5'9 I'm more Amazon than itty bitty but I kinda fell for him a little when he said that.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins oops, I completely forgot you are GF when making those suggestions!

That's okay, ytHannah, I don't expect other people to be able to keep up with what I can't eat. (the list is much longer than coconut and gluten, but the rest of things aren't ice cream friendly)
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    OK people. I just ate my first Quest bar. It was so good!!! It was the brownie one...I microwaved it. Yum!

Now off to the gym!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Just popped in to say hi. I may not be back today. I'm going to the gym and then taking my kids to a swim party. I am personally hoping to stay out of the pool. I hate swimming.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @Lefty1290, welcome back!

Thank you! :)

I had a big "whoosh" this morning; I'm only a pound away from my original goal and four pounds from my new goal. Yay!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

Speaking of stupid decisions, I confess that when I was 20 (way back in 1989...YIKES), I was living on my own for the first time. Cut all my rocker hair off & was bummed how fat I looked.

I then went on a crash diet that consisted of the following:

Breakfast: Can of Diet Coke
    Morning Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Lunch: Turkey sandwich (2 pieces of bread, 1 slice of deli turkey, 1 slice of deli swiss, mustard)
    Afternoon Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Workout: 45-60 minutes on a cheap-*kitten* rowing machine I had in my apartment
    Dinner: 6 pack of Bud Light tall boys

I was a chubby 210 lbs when I started, and a thin 165 after 4 months. From there I started weight training.

I'd get slaughtered for suggesting this in 2015, but....I lived to tell the tale

Edited to add: Just did the MFP calculator:

1100 in
    497 out
    BMR: 1,985
    Daily Deficit: 1,382

that's about 3 lbs per week - the maths add up!
    Back (way back) in my early 20's I took Dexatrim every day. I painted every room in my house, landscaped my yard and chased a toddler while I lost weight. I don't think I slept at all. I might have eaten something, once, but I'm not sure.

It was the 80's, don't judge. :)

They have long since taken that Dextatrim off the market. It was nice to get sooooooo much done but I don't think I'd do that again anyway.

The advantage of being young is the general ability to bounce back from short term bad choices.

I took that in the late 90s!

I am, at 133 pounds and 3 pounds from goal, still 10-15 pounds heavier than I was when I took it because I was soooooooooooooo fat.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Crazy awesome how easy it is to make meatloaf. Just mix up a bunch of stuff and pop that baby into the oven for an hour.

This made me giggle! I make mine Italian style, of course, with tomatoes and cheese.....mmmmmm, I love meatloaf!
    Tomatoes in meatloaf sounds DELICIOUS. I never tried that before... I do make a sauce out of tomato paste and a few other ingredients that I use as a glaze on top of the meatloaf, but tomatoes inside of it sounds really good. I'm going to have to do that next time.

It tastes like a delicious, creamy flower :lol: