Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I have to admit that part of the frustration is that I'm really ticked off at myself for getting sick in the first place. I've had this disorder for the better part of three years, and living with a chronic disease long-term means you learn how to manage it well (as I'm sure @Italian_Buju can attest to) or you're doomed. I learned all the little nuances and whispers of my body and when to stop and take it easy. But after a six month respite from any sort of flares, I got overconfident and stopped paying attention.

In hindsight, as an ill person, I KNEW and still know that I'm not capable of 60 minutes of stationary bike PLUS 36 flights of stairs PLUS a one hour walk, especially not when I'm fasting, which makes me much more prone to weakness. But I did that TWO DAYS IN A ROW without even thinking about it. So this flare up is all my stupid fault, and I'm pretty mad at me. I'm also mad at my body for not being healthy, which is a common resentment I have that always comes to the fore when I get sick. Stupid body, stupid me, stupid everything. :angry:

Truest statement ever! You try not to let it run your life, but if you forget for a minute it is there, something will happen to remind you!

Exactly! I was sure you'd be able to relate to that. :)

I can relate to this with my celiac disease. Forgetting to ask a question at a new restaurant or not reading every label before I buy something can make me sick for days. :(

YES!!

On the bright side, my favorite coffee shop started keeping a loaf of GF bread for me. (I bought it and left it in their freezer.) so many people asked for it, that they buy their own now and even let me order mine for home from their distributor. She also makes muffins and always keeps one GF kind made in "Myssi's muffin pan" to avoid cross contamination. I know I can go there and eat safely anytime. And she lets me check her recipes for GF safety and makes substitutions. (And now I want her baked potato salad.)

That is fabulous. The BnB we went to last weekend did fresh daily GF baking. It was great. My SO did paleo for awhile prior to meeting me so he had "some" clue and came up to speed quickly when we started dating and he's religious about asking for GF menu and stressing to the wait staff "That She'll EXPLODE" if she gets any gluten. He also cooks for me and is converted to GF pasta when I'm around. I keep GF stuff at his house and he is super great about calling ahead / researching ahead before he takes me to new restaurants. <3

the super great dude has celiacs and i'm really concerned about accidentally poisoning him :/

My stepmother-in-law has it too and I am just very, very careful when I cook. All of my cookware, utensils, etc get another wash and dry with a clean dishcloth and towel (and the plates and eating utensils get a fresh cycle in the dishwasher) right before I use anything, I Google every ingredient and brand (and I try to do everything from scratch so that I don't miss something gluten-containing in the ingredients list of more processed foods), and I won't cook anything that's not GF at the same time (if she's coming over, we all get gluten-free everything, period.) It might be overcautious but I really want her to be able to come over for dinner without worrying about feeling bad later. My husband is very, very allergic to peanuts so I know the drill with cross-contamination and I don't take chances.

I <3 you!

Me too.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So I didn't want to say anything before I went on holidays but I dropped into "Onederland" by a half pound. I didn't want to jinx it because I was scared I wa sgoing to be back in the 2's when I got home but...Yay I stayed under

Welcome back!!! We DID miss you. Congrats on your victory there! I got into the 170's this weekend for the first time in years.... I didn't log it the first day because I thought it was a fluke (I was fasting for some blood work). But then it stuck the next day AND today. YAY!
    Congrats! Nice job.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'll catch up properly tomorrow - today's been busy.

I wanted to update again about my daughter. My friend, who's known my daughter since she was born, pointed out that she thought my daughter's jaw/face was looking a bit puffy and that this could be an indicator of a thyroid problem. I googled and sure enough it seems that hypothyroidism and anemia do frequently go together, and many of the symptoms are similar. :( I feel sad for her if this is the case. Fortunately the doctor did order a thyroid test as part of the recent bloodwork that was taken, so we'll see if anything comes out of that.
    I hope you've gotten some good answers by the time I catch up. Hugs from p 1304
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    OK! I think @Italian_Buju and @lilaclovebird and I are competing for binge posting tonight. But I am caught up or close enough. Its 2 am and I accomplished all my goals in the motivation thread. Good night folks!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA I actually forgot I didn't make the appointments I planned to make so change this to I accomplished MOST of my goals.

I'm not actually huge on the binge posting, usually.
    I confess: I love reading the binge postings of others because I can just smile and nod in agreement with most everything. :smiley:

It's not 'lazy', it is 'energy conservative.'
    Funny.

I like your new picture!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Confession: When I get on the scale and see 184 pounds, I don't believe it. Even though my size 12 jeans and dress slacks fit COMFORTABLY, I don't believe it.
    I haven't been at this weight in almost 8 years and I just can't believe it. I have only 30 pounds until goal and I just don't believe any of it.
    Yay! congrats
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Man, I had a rough day today!

First off I could not fall asleep last night to save my life, it was at least 3:30am when I finally slept.

Then today, like less than half an hour after I get to work a lady a vaguely know (she lives down the hall, but have had limited contact), is in my store and as she gets up to me, she is shaking really badly. She is pregnant, I would say about six months along. I ask her if she is ok, and she says she is not feeling well, and thinks she just peed herself. Her pants were soaked, her water broke for sure. Right as this happens, she literally starts going down. I got her on the chair, and we called 911. She was freaking out, she kept saying "it's way too early".

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there! They did not even have their lights on or anything! My boss said because she was not in pain, when we were talking about it after. Ok, fine, she was not in pain, but she was pregnant, about half way through, and her water broke, hurry up!

That messed me up for hours, I was like spaced out or something. I feel terrible for her!

Then my boss and I had a disagreement and while it was not a fight and is not a huge deal, it made for an uncomfortable afternoon.

After that, the girl that is supposed to relieve me calls in sick....and she never calls in so I know she is sick, but my boss could not find anyone to cover. She was gonna call in one of my co-workers that works two jobs and NEVER gets a day off, was out for a walk earlier in the day and mentioned that she was off. So, for the second time this month, I offered to stay extra to avoid her having to come in. The first problem is that my feet and bladder were unprepared for that extra half shift, because I did not pace myself at the beginning of the shift.....my feet have their own heartbeat now and I almost didn't make it home in time to pee!

Now, it is 10:30, the time I usually go to bed during the week, and here I am, eating dinner. That is the second problem.....ugh.

I am feeling overwhelmed, and have a busy week ahead of me. I must pace myself. If I do not make it to the gym tomorrow, I am ok with that, as long as I get my steps in. I can't do much more there than walk on the treadmill and track anyway, as I do not have my appointment for a reboot on the weigh equipment until Thursday.

I have to go for the first of two sets of tests on my legs tomorrow checking the blood flow. When I am mapping the day out in my head, I keep thinking of the wrong medical building......I am hoping I do not make that mistake tomorrow....

@Italian_Buju thank goodness you were there for that lady. I hope her and the baby are okay. That's really scary. I'm sorry you had to work an extra shift yesterday, but why did you have to wait until you got home to pee? If I couldn't pee at work, I'd be in BIG trouble. FWIW, I hope today goes better.

I talked about this early in the thread.....but I have MAJOR issues using a toilet that is not my own. There are lots of days that I will work ten hours, and even go grocery shopping after that, and not pee until I get home. My body just will not allow it, most of the time. So, I know how to pace myself with drinking when I am not able to go. But at the beginning of the day, I was pacing for several hours earlier, lol.

Oddly, there are certain toilets I can use, there are two at the Y, and one at my foot clinic (they keep a shelf of cleaning supplies right in there, like they knew I was coming, lol), I have no idea WHY my brain allows me to use those ones, but I can, however, I do wipe them down first. Every three months I get a full panel of labs done at my DRs office, and they know I won't do a urine test there, so every time, they give me the cup for the next time and I just use it at home before coming in for the blood work.

If I am having a day that I cannot make it at work for sure, which happens a couple of times a year, I literally close the place down, lock it up, and go scrub the toilet before using it. Even if I am at someone's house, I generally will not use the bathroom, unless I really need to, and then will wash it down also. It just creeps me out to sit my bare *kitten* on something someone else's bare *kitten* was on, lol.

Ok, guys, I need some opinions please. I am leaving now to go for my test and run some errands, but obviously will check later when I am back.....when is it too soon to go knock on the ladies door and ask if she is alright? I have been thinking about her almost non stop, but I do not really know her more than a passing hello, and I am not sure if that would be creepy or not.....

I would check on her and I would want to be checked on if it were me.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    tigerThea wrote: »
    Ok...I get how people disappear for a long time. Lost myself in food for three weeks. Spent two dead on and now craziness. Seriously must be a happy medium. I confess I've missed you guys!

The important thing is that you're back!
    Confession: I am feeling very judgmental toward whomever is setting off fireworks in my neighborhood right now. A) they make my dog crazy, it may be hours before she calms down B) the second round woke up my 9 year old which is worse than aggravating my dog c)I have to be at work at 7am and D) it's illegal to possess them inside the city limits. Bonus aggravation at the thought this person is likely drunk and may hurt himself badly enough to be my patient tomorrow.

I love seeing fireworks but amateur fireworks displays make me judgy too... the dogs go nuts, which keeps me awake, and they're usually setting them off on the night of a holiday which means I have to get up for work the next day. I'm always secretly happy if it pours rain so it'll be a quiet night.

They used to be illegal here but not any more. I wonder who thought it would be a good idea to allow explosives in the hands of intoxicated people?
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    +1 @ythannah

When I lived in town I lived in fear, when we were having a dry summer, of one not going off properly, landing on my roof, and burning down my house.

No sleep for me until they stopped.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    We got one peach off our tree this year, first time it produced fruit. It was delicious!

We have a peach tree in our yard and it has only given up tiny sweet peaches.

Confession: Tonight I slathered myself in a blend of coconut, tea tree, and cinnamon oils on top of my prescription cream(after it dried) and I smell mostly like cinnamon. As long as I don't smell like a rotting mushroom that is FINE BY ME!

Confession: Today was my dad's 63rd birthday and I had a slice of cake and didn't log it.

Confession: After gaining 2 pounds yesterday(bringing me to 186 lbs), I had a woosh when I woke up this afternoon and the scale said 183. I'm not believing it until I get tomorrows reading as well.

@lilaclovebird hope you enjoyed your cake. We celebrated my oldest niece's birthday yesterday & I had two pieces of cake & a lot of Party Cake ice cream.

Awesome job on the whoosh! I hate how nonlinear weight can be.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    We got one peach off our tree this year, first time it produced fruit. It was delicious!

We have a peach tree in our yard and it has only given up tiny sweet peaches.

Confession: Tonight I slathered myself in a blend of coconut, tea tree, and cinnamon oils on top of my prescription cream(after it dried) and I smell mostly like cinnamon. As long as I don't smell like a rotting mushroom that is FINE BY ME!

Confession: Today was my dad's 63rd birthday and I had a slice of cake and didn't log it.

Confession: After gaining 2 pounds yesterday(bringing me to 186 lbs), I had a woosh when I woke up this afternoon and the scale said 183. I'm not believing it until I get tomorrows reading as well.

@lilaclovebird hope you enjoyed your cake. We celebrated my oldest niece's birthday yesterday & I had two pieces of cake & a lot of Party Cake ice cream.

Awesome job on the whoosh! I hate how nonlinear weight can be.

THIS THIS THIS!

Although after gaining 2 pounds and telling Sgt. Sexy Pants and having him make fun of me, it was nice to send him a photo of the woosh on the scale! PAYBACK!!! :tongue:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I confess, I cannot WAIT to take my Epson salt bath when I get home. With a little bit of apple cider vinegar and baking soda thrown in there, this fungal overgrowth is HISTORY!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @pofoster21, good job with your race. Congrats on placing and being called petite! :) I also want to say I love how you responded to Crosby's post! And also, how much you've "learned" from this thread. Although it took you 47 years to realize you are super great, at least now you know it! And I think that's awesome!
    @raelynnsmama52512, good luck going forward with the house!
    @Lefty1290, welcome back!
    @Italian_Buju, I think it's great that you stand up for what you believe in.
    @riderfangal, hope your foot feels better soon!

As for me...I'm taking a real rest day today! No running or treadmill...for the first time in well over a month (not quite sure exactly how long). I will walk outside if the rain holds off and I might do my short circuit training video. My step count will be waaay down today... I know I've said it so many times, I know rest days are good..it's just so hard for me!
    Also, I slept almost a full 8.5 hours...that's 3+ hours more than a normal night for me!! Wowza!
    Happy Sunday to everyone!

You need to rest if you haven't in a month. Seriously. You should take a few days off. Otherwise you will burn out or injure yourself. It's important and can only improve your health and run times!

I know..which is why I finally did it. I ended up doing my video and got two walks in but NO TREADMILL as promised!!! To be honest though..my mileage was still somewhat high (without any running) at 11 miles and almost 22,000 steps.
    And to get some extra rest...I even napped for 45 minutes! :)

Oh! And I got new running sneakers today!!! I was way overdue!

Doesn't sound like enough rest to me...but at least you got new sneaker! Very cool. I love buying new sneakers. I MIGHT have about 6 pairs in boxes in my closet...

I know..but like I've said a bunch of times, it's hard for me to take a rest day. Yesterday actually was a rest compared to my usual day considering I would have had 6-8 miles on top of that if I had done the treadmill. I am working on it...baby steps! :) This is part of the reason that I am taking time off from joining the Fitbit weekly challenges too.

Do you always stick with the same type of running shoe? Or do you wear/try out different ones?
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21, good job with your race. Congrats on placing and being called petite! :) I also want to say I love how you responded to Crosby's post! And also, how much you've "learned" from this thread. Although it took you 47 years to realize you are super great, at least now you know it! And I think that's awesome!

As for me...I'm taking a real rest day today! No running or treadmill...for the first time in well over a month (not quite sure exactly how long). I will walk outside if the rain holds off and I might do my short circuit training video. My step count will be waaay down today... I know I've said it so many times, I know rest days are good..it's just so hard for me!
    Also, I slept almost a full 8.5 hours...that's 3+ hours more than a normal night for me!! Wowza!

You need to rest if you haven't in a month. Seriously. You should take a few days off. Otherwise you will burn out or injure yourself. It's important and can only improve your health and run times!

I know..which is why I finally did it. I ended up doing my video and got two walks in but NO TREADMILL as promised!!! To be honest though..my mileage was still somewhat high (without any running) at 11 miles and almost 22,000 steps.

Doesn't sound like enough rest to me...but at least you got new sneaker! Very cool. I love buying new sneakers. I MIGHT have about 6 pairs in boxes in my closet...

I know..but like I've said a bunch of times, it's hard for me to take a rest day. Yesterday actually was a rest compared to my usual day considering I would have had 6-8 miles on top of that if I had done the treadmill. I am working on it...baby steps! :) This is part of the reason that I am taking time off from joining the Fitbit weekly challenges too.

Do you always stick with the same type of running shoe? Or do you wear/try out different ones?

I have a tendency to get like that too... I don't really know how to rest, which is dumb but true. I am looking at getting an elliptical for our home gym and I know I'll always be on it in between my lifting sessions, plus doing my C25K.

I love Brooks and Mizuno for shoes. Brooks Ghost is I think what I normally get and then whatever Mizuno Wave is a couple iterations back, because I'm cheap lol.

So I have a bit of anxiety- I'm calling plastic surgeons today to get consults in a couple weeks when I have 2 days off work. I really need an extensive list of surgeries, like a lower body lift, brachioplasty, and a breast reduction/lift, but... I don't have a ton of $. So I think I'll divide it up and do what I can. I may get lucky and have insurance cover some because I have skin issues on my belly button/under my stomach skin, but I doubt it. I need some professional opinions and need to know how much $ we're looking at saving.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Except for crayon and coupon (q-pon), I pronounce each of those words interchangeably. I guess it depends on my mood or something.

I also randomly bust out with a fake British accent. :)

Doesn't every non-British person? I assume British people will bust out fake American or Canadian accents too.

I would think that is how Hugh Laurie got the role of House. Frequent random practice.

Whenever he was on a late night show my jaw dropped whenever I realized he was actually from England.

My sister was the one who said "You gotta watch this interview with Hugh Laurie!" I was like okay whatever... I went to sit in the chair as she hit play and I missed and fell on the floor! :lol:
    Like, REALLY?! He's from ENGLAND?! :astonished:

Go back and watch Friends episode "The One With Ross's Wedding Pt. 2. He's sitting next to Rachel on the plane. He has his accent.

Hugh Laurie has been a massively famous comic actor in the UK since the late 80s. Have you heard of Stephen Fry? They are long-time writing and performing partners. In contrast to House, Laurie nearly always played the buffoon. My favourite Hugh Laurie is in Blackadder in which he always plays a posh idiot. Very much the opposite of House. Rowan Atkinson is the lead and is very sarcastic, clever and mean. Very much the opposite of Mr Bean. I find it so weird what these actors are famous for abroad!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Except for crayon and coupon (q-pon), I pronounce each of those words interchangeably. I guess it depends on my mood or something.

I also randomly bust out with a fake British accent. :)

Doesn't every non-British person? I assume British people will bust out fake American or Canadian accents too.

I would think that is how Hugh Laurie got the role of House. Frequent random practice.

Whenever he was on a late night show my jaw dropped whenever I realized he was actually from England.

My sister was the one who said "You gotta watch this interview with Hugh Laurie!" I was like okay whatever... I went to sit in the chair as she hit play and I missed and fell on the floor! :lol:
    Like, REALLY?! He's from ENGLAND?! :astonished:

Go back and watch Friends episode "The One With Ross's Wedding Pt. 2. He's sitting next to Rachel on the plane. He has his accent.

Hugh Laurie has been a massively famous comic actor in the UK since the late 80s. Have you heard of Stephen Fry? They are long-time writing and performing partners. In contrast to House, Laurie nearly always played the buffoon. My favourite Hugh Laurie is in Blackadder in which he always plays a posh idiot. Very much the opposite of House. Rowan Atkinson is the lead and is very sarcastic, clever and mean. Very much the opposite of Mr Bean. I find it so weird what these actors are famous for abroad!

I lovelovelove Blackadder! And oddly enough, hated House and I can't stand watching Mr. Bean. lol I'm weird.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

And, a degreed nurse only makes $20/hr? I did not know that. That boggles my mind. For the amount of money that health care costs, where is all the money going??

Here, where the cost of living is beyond cheap, yes, a brand new RN with a BSN starts at $20/hr. If I answered the rest of your question, I am afraid I really might blow up the thread. Let's just say that I wish we had skipped the Accountable Care Act and gone straight to single payer and there are a lot of regulatory costs in medicine. (And I mean that knowing that it might cost me my job and I might have to go back to waiting tables for tips.)

I agree with you on that.

I'm paying for a prescription out of pocket because my insurance company "doesn't cover" that drug. An ADHD drug? Seriously?

I had to pay for a colonoscopy 100% out of pocket because my family history of colon cancer wasn't enough for my insurance company to let me check it out because I'm not 50 years old yet.

If my doctor says I need something, or a family member needs something, I find it ridiculous that my insurance company can just tell me no.

Wowsers! I always thought it should be the person with the medical degree who decides if something is medically necessary or not. The American system confuses and scares me.

Got my 16 week midwife appointment this week. Not only does this cost me nothing, I actually get free prescriptions while pregnant (and a year after birth) since usually there's a charge of about £8/prescription. This reminds me not to take this for granted.

Long live the National Health Service.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

So I have a bit of anxiety- I'm calling plastic surgeons today to get consults in a couple weeks when I have 2 days off work. I really need an extensive list of surgeries, like a lower body lift, brachioplasty, and a breast reduction/lift, but... I don't have a ton of $. So I think I'll divide it up and do what I can. I may get lucky and have insurance cover some because I have skin issues on my belly button/under my stomach skin, but I doubt it. I need some professional opinions and need to know how much $ we're looking at saving.

I don't know about insurance but I know that here the health system covers breast reductions when they're medically necessary... and that's usually clear cut since large bosoms normally cause back and shoulder issues.

Good luck and hope you get good news from the surgeons!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I think my allergies have officially subsided. I haven't had any degree of pain or trouble sleeping, and, in addition to the swelling in my throat going down, I stepped back on the scale after forgetting to weight my self for a few days and have suddenly lost two pounds after a few months of maintaining on some deficit.

I still plan on keeping my appointment. I was pretty miserable from the middle of March- to mid July and had a two week flare up in February. The sharp, throbbing pulse in my ear is something I do not want to have to deal with next year.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    tigerThea wrote: »
    Ok...I get how people disappear for a long time. Lost myself in food for three weeks. Spent two dead on and now craziness. Seriously must be a happy medium. I confess I've missed you guys!

Welcome back :)
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    currently doing the 20 page catch up, in the meantime....

post date update!

ok, so i met the really nice dude for the first time on 7/9.
    since that thursday, i have literally spent some time of every day with him. ranging from two hours, to entire days.
    it's been absolutely amazing.

there was a slight hiccup on friday, where apparently he had had a panic attack on wednesday and didn't tell me. and the reason he didn't tell me is because the panic attack was from him getting freaked out that what we've been doing must be too good to be true, the shoe was going to drop and he was going to be crushed. he thought he ruined the potential of us having a relationship by letting things go too far too fast and was just overwhelmed by the whole thing. (which i actually think is pretty darn precious, just wish the poor dude didn't have to have a panic attack over it). so on friday, he was trying to reel things back a bit and to me it was like, oh and he's the rejection i've been expecting!

but then amazingly, on saturday, and then some more on sunday, we completely talked through everything. and he never got angry, or defensive, or stormed off (which was 97% of any discussion from my previous relationship). we came to a mutual conclusion on going forward and how we wanted to keep going forward. it was kinda awesome.

like really awesome. super great even ;)

and now he's determined to help me get my house done. my place has been in a constant state of "under construction" since i bought it. the ex wasn't exactly carpentry savvy, or motivated, so nothing was ever finished. lots and lots of starts, nothing finished. so yesterday we spent the whole day working on the dining room that still had naked walls and exposed insulation. one of the things he said while we were working that just totally made me melt was "just so you know, we're going to be eating dinner in here before the end of this week. this will be done" *sqee!*

yeah i'm pretty sure i've decided to keep him :D

So awesome! And you didn't even have to kiss THAT many frogs!

right?! and honestly that kinda freaks me out; he was only the sixth dude i met in person!
    but i'm trying really hard not to overthink it and just let it go where it goes. :)

Hurray!