Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Yep, and I have been overweight most of my life. My 'thin' periods I can count on one hand. Seriously. I have been active most of my adult life, but 'thin' hardly ever and mostly because of an unsustainable diet. I have never been "super" heavy, but have had a lot of weight on my body. Because I hated myself. I was an unattractive, awkward, unhappy kid who was surrounded by gorgeous OR genius OR successful OR both people. Being generally good at a lot of things, but not great (or super smart) at anything, plus being a middle child in a familly of 5, was really hard. Seriously. I know it sounds crazy (seriously crazy) but talking to all of you finally made me realize I am ok. Not for any reason except none of you have a SINGLE expectation of me. And frankly, until today's picture, had never seen me (except in the batcave). So there was no preconceived notions. Or expectations. And learning about why people hate people who are always late (I try not to be now), why people binge eat, struggles with family, sisters, parents, ,etc. have finally made me realize...I am not a freak. And to have a better understanding of people in general. So yes, I am a work in progress, but I am finally starting to figure out I like who I am .... whatever I look like (facially or weigh wise). Plus.. I have killer taste in shoes. That counts for something. :)

<3<3<3

I like who you are too!

Me, TOO! This was beautifully said, Patricia. You are one of the most honestly compassionate and inspirational people I "know" and I am truly grateful for this thread. I get excited to see what happened in here over the weekends when I'm not on the computer much - everybody's victories and successes and the support given to those who are struggling... it's just such a wonderful place.
    @crosbylee - I completely understand where you're coming from. As a kid, I wished that my super power was invisibility (more to avoid having to live with other's expectations of me than for any other reason, so that I could be free to do whatever I wanted to do). :wink: Losing weight definitely makes me more visible, and I don't love being the center of attention, ever really.

Yeah I missed the weekend posting, but let me get in on the @pofoster21 love fest! :grin:

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'm alive! Just not feeling the most chatty today I guess. Not sure? I feel like I'm in such a funk lately
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Wow!! Thank you for all the birthday wishes!! I am really feeling the love!!! <3 You guys are the best (super great!)!! I'm so excited for dinner/dessert tonight. I've already eaten a red velvet whoopee pie (before lunch!)...so looks like my calorie count is up more than I planned...but guess what? I DON'T CARE TODAY!! :smiley:
    @Susieq_1994, I am so sorry that you are having a tough day! I really have no words...but, hugs to you!
    @CountessKitteh, that's really nice of you to make sure that your vegetarian MOH (and other guests) will have something good to eat!! You have to let me (us) know what you end up with for the veggie option! :)
    @MoHousdon, sorry about the ongoing stepdaughter/cat drama!!! What a bummer...but set all of that aside because you are going to have the BEST vacation ever with your sweet, loving Mr. Mo! Have a blast...can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures when you're back! We'll miss you!

She happens to eat fish, so that gives me more options! I think we're going with a Chilean Sea Bass with a ginger scallion (I think - didn't care, it was amazing) sauce. Sides will probably be standard roasted veggies (for everyone - buffet!) because it'll be late fall in Pennsylvania.

However, I'm also having a FRENCH FRY BAR so who cares about dinner? Plus most of the things they'll be passing around during cocktail hour happen to be seafood or non-meat (figs with goat cheese and balsamic reduction what?!) because I think it's important to mix it up. I like food way too much to settle.

Nothing's finalized since I'm an insane person and still have 16 months until my wedding, but these are very important decisions so I've started working on them now. ;)

A french fry bar now that is awesome! Are you going to have different kinds of french fries?

Ooo there's a food truck here that does all different kinds of French fries with all different kinds of toppings they're amazing!!

What am I doing with my life that I just put ketchup and salt on mine? I am messing up
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I'm alive! Just not feeling the most chatty today I guess. Not sure? I feel like I'm in such a funk lately

Did you have your dental appointment yet? Also it's getting closer to trip time for you!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Nice 45 mile bicycle ride this morning, hoping I can keep from eating 5,000 calories today!

Well shoot. Here I was all proud of hubby and me for running 8 miles and biking 15 on Saturday.
    Awesome ride!

In our defense, it was only our 2nd bike ride since he got his new bike... Ha!

Any combination of running and biking on the same day is HARD! There's no way I'd be able to ride very far at all after running 8 miles! (I ran 10k this morning and can't imagine trying to bike right now.) And 15 miles for only the second time out is SUPER GREAT!

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Hope you get out of your funk soon, girl! :neutral:
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    @Italian_Buju It feels like you completely missed my post that summed up what everyone, to my interpretation, was saying. Since you missed it, here it is again:

Okay so now that I am ALL caught up and we have stopped the 'discussion' I think I can sum it all up here.

* Colleges need to stop charging us so much to further our education. We should all be able to follow our dreams and let's face it, teachers don't make squat here and they spend a LOT of time in school.

* If/When minimum wage goes up, those who already HAVE degrees should have their salaries go up proportionately. Degrees take a lot of time and you should still be compensated for that time.

* The owners of businesses(particularly large ones) should take the hit to their profit margins and personal pocket books and not raise the prices of anything else in an attempt to compensate for the loss in profits.

ETA: And all pizza and burgers should be worth >200 calories per serving. :innocent:

Now, let's let this go before I explode this thread with pictures of kittens, puppies, and brownies.

I confess, I work nights and I WILL stay up ALL DAY to do this if it will save this thread.

<3 you
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    @berlynnwall I'm so sorry about your mother (((Hugs)))

this so much :(
    *hugs*
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Wow!! Thank you for all the birthday wishes!! I am really feeling the love!!! <3 You guys are the best (super great!)!! I'm so excited for dinner/dessert tonight. I've already eaten a red velvet whoopee pie (before lunch!)...so looks like my calorie count is up more than I planned...but guess what? I DON'T CARE TODAY!! :smiley:
    @Susieq_1994, I am so sorry that you are having a tough day! I really have no words...but, hugs to you!
    @CountessKitteh, that's really nice of you to make sure that your vegetarian MOH (and other guests) will have something good to eat!! You have to let me (us) know what you end up with for the veggie option! :)
    @MoHousdon, sorry about the ongoing stepdaughter/cat drama!!! What a bummer...but set all of that aside because you are going to have the BEST vacation ever with your sweet, loving Mr. Mo! Have a blast...can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures when you're back! We'll miss you!

She happens to eat fish, so that gives me more options! I think we're going with a Chilean Sea Bass with a ginger scallion (I think - didn't care, it was amazing) sauce. Sides will probably be standard roasted veggies (for everyone - buffet!) because it'll be late fall in Pennsylvania.

However, I'm also having a FRENCH FRY BAR so who cares about dinner? Plus most of the things they'll be passing around during cocktail hour happen to be seafood or non-meat (figs with goat cheese and balsamic reduction what?!) because I think it's important to mix it up. I like food way too much to settle.

Nothing's finalized since I'm an insane person and still have 16 months until my wedding, but these are very important decisions so I've started working on them now. ;)

A french fry bar now that is awesome! Are you going to have different kinds of french fries?

Ooo there's a food truck here that does all different kinds of French fries with all different kinds of toppings they're amazing!!

What am I doing with my life that I just put ketchup and salt on mine? I am messing up
    I dig honey mustard on my fries.

Pineapple plum sauce is really good too. People can say what they will about Joe's Crab Shack for being a chain restaurant, but they did introduce me to my favorite sauce.

• CooCooPuff
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I just saw this thread on the front page.
    Heyyyy, you're back. :)

There's a link to this thread in the group if you ever need it.

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: It really annoys me that kids around here beg for their extracurricular activity funds. I can't tell you how many cars I washed for yearbook club or how many candy bars I sold for everything else!

Another confession: If you come up to me and say that because I don't have kids I should buy some cookie dough or giftwrap from yours, I ain't doing it.

Yep... what happened to the days of bottle drives, bake sales, and car washes? I love it when someone brings in their kid's chocolate bars to peddle... and they usually disappear fast, so I'm not the only one.

I don't ever get the "because you don't have kids" spiel but I'll go along with that argument the day someone throws me a puppy shower :)
    Where is everyone?? ;)

Wondering the same thing myself...

My old co-workers actually DID throw me a puppy shower! It was fantastic. I was SO excited about getting my puppy that I talked about it for MONTHS. My boss made some excuse to pull me into a conference room (I thought I was in trouble and was super nervous), but when we got there, everyone said "Surprise!!!" It was a surprise puppy shower for me. There was cake, dog toys, treats, and a gift card to a pet supply store. It was a little over 11 years ago, but I still remember how happy it made me. One of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me! (The puppy that was the subject of the party is the dog in my profile pic. I :heart: him.)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Confession: It really annoys me that kids around here beg for their extracurricular activity funds. I can't tell you how many cars I washed for yearbook club or how many candy bars I sold for everything else!

Another confession: If you come up to me and say that because I don't have kids I should buy some cookie dough or giftwrap from yours, I ain't doing it.

Yep... what happened to the days of bottle drives, bake sales, and car washes? I love it when someone brings in their kid's chocolate bars to peddle... and they usually disappear fast, so I'm not the only one.

I don't ever get the "because you don't have kids" spiel but I'll go along with that argument the day someone throws me a puppy shower :)
    Where is everyone?? ;)

My old co-workers actually DID throw me a puppy shower! It was fantastic. I was SO excited about getting my puppy that I talked about it for MONTHS. My boss made some excuse to pull me into a conference room (I thought I was in trouble and was super nervous), but when we got there, everyone said "Surprise!!!" It was a surprise puppy shower for me. There was cake, dog toys, treats, and a gift card to a pet supply store. It was a little over 11 years ago, but I still remember how happy it made me. One of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me! (The puppy that was the subject of the party is the dog in my profile pic. I :heart: him.)

That made me smile. what a great group of people you must have worked with!!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options

Where is everyone?? ;)

That sounds really sweet. :)

Yeah, I dislike the idea that people without children are some how obligated to do more just because of that choice. I understand how difficult it is to be a parent, but if I wanted that burden, I would have kids.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Where is everyone?? ;)

That is awesome! How incredibly thoughtful of your coworkers. I love that idea too.

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Last weekend my brother's girlfriend left two kinds of cookies at my house. There were almost 2 dozen, I ate them all over 2 days. Then I bought a dozen of one kind to replace some of them... and then I ate those too. :blush: They were delicious but now I still owe her cookies.

Totally sounds like something I would do :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Where is everyone?? ;)

That is awesome!!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I'm totally hopping on the @pofoster21 love train. I find her (you) incredibly inspirational, supportive, funny, helpful, and all the other positive adjectives I can't think of right now. I'm really glad I've gotten to know you through this thread over the past several months.

I hope you read this and it makes you smile.
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Confession: Outside of exercising, if you wear earbuds/headphones in public I want to punch you in the face. This is especially true at restaurants, disconnect yourself and pay attention to your surroundings or *gasp* have a conversation with someone.

*I work on a college campus so my view may be slightly skewed, I've seen a lot of near misses with students just because they're not paying attention.

I tend to wear mine in public when traveling (mostly air travel) or if I went somewhere specifically to study or do grad homework, so that I DON'T pay attention to my surroundings. That said, I don't think I could ever have both earbuds in if I were running on a busy street because I'd be too worried about being run over! :)

Fester's gonna hate me - I wear my headphones pretty well any time I walk anywhere. I try to drive as little as possible, so when I walk places (like my half hour walk to work) I listen to audiobooks because it's so damn boring making the same trek on the same street day after day. At least I get some "reading" in that way.

I can't fathom why that would be irritating to someone though. It's not like listening to something makes me unable to watch where I'm walking, and the only conversation I'm avoiding is with panhandlers and people pushing religious pamphlets...

Me too. I walk and sometimes take public transportation and (gasp) used to study in a coffeeshop with them in. And around here, it seems like the grocery stores always have some organization begging for donations outside.

Yet another confession: That white chocolate macadamia nut is soooooooo good that it's a loss for both of us.

this drives me nuts!
    i sold so many gertrude hawk chocolate bars as a kid!
    we would never have dreamed of just standing there with a can and expecting people to give us money.
    sell me something, a service, a snack, SOMETHING!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Where is everyone?? ;)

That is so cute!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Confession: Outside of exercising, if you wear earbuds/headphones in public I want to punch you in the face. This is especially true at restaurants, disconnect yourself and pay attention to your surroundings or *gasp* have a conversation with someone.

*I work on a college campus so my view may be slightly skewed, I've seen a lot of near misses with students just because they're not paying attention.

I tend to wear mine in public when traveling (mostly air travel) or if I went somewhere specifically to study or do grad homework, so that I DON'T pay attention to my surroundings. That said, I don't think I could ever have both earbuds in if I were running on a busy street because I'd be too worried about being run over! :)

Fester's gonna hate me - I wear my headphones pretty well any time I walk anywhere. I try to drive as little as possible, so when I walk places (like my half hour walk to work) I listen to audiobooks because it's so damn boring making the same trek on the same street day after day. At least I get some "reading" in that way.

I can't fathom why that would be irritating to someone though. It's not like listening to something makes me unable to watch where I'm walking, and the only conversation I'm avoiding is with panhandlers and people pushing religious pamphlets...

Me too. I walk and sometimes take public transportation and (gasp) used to study in a coffeeshop with them in. And around here, it seems like the grocery stores always have some organization begging for donations outside.

Yet another confession: That white chocolate macadamia nut is soooooooo good that it's a loss for both of us.

this drives me nuts!
    i sold so many gertrude hawk chocolate bars as a kid!
    we would never have dreamed of just standing there with a can and expecting people to give us money.
    sell me something, a service, a snack, SOMETHING!

I wonder if this is more a Canadian thing. Most of the kids I know raising money, do sell things or hold car washes. Mr. Mo ALWAYS feels obligated to help out, whether we need whatever it is kid is selling. He has a hard time saying no, to anyone, for anything. I'm teaching him slowly but surely, it's okay to not always say yes.